• Published 2nd Oct 2015
  • 1,855 Views, 77 Comments

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Twilight's Destiny. - grammar404



After Twilight sang a song that was older than Celestia. she found herself in her human form in a world full of wonders, and dangerous creatures.

  • ...
14
 77
 1,855

Chapter IV: Sos uv nid sos?

"Chapter IV: Sos uv nid sos?"

The keep trembled, dust and debris fell from the ceiling. Three humans were crouched behind a wooden gate. Two were wearing light armour as the third was panting, clearly pained by the injury she had on her leg. They sat there listening to the two figures, wearing a blue cuirass, on the other side of the gate.

"We need to keep moving," the male of the two said, "the dragon will turn this place into ruins!"

"Wait a minute," said the woman as she gasp for air. "I'm out of breath."

On the other side of the gate, unseen by the rebels. Hadvar turned his head towards Astrid. "Stormcloaks." He whispered.

"How many?" Astrid asked.

"Only two."

"Should we go and confront them?"

Hadvar thought for a moment. These two might be part of Ulfric's top lieutenants but there's also the possibility that they're just bodyguards. But the fact that they have combat experience, unlike his strange elven companion, will surely be in their disadvantage.

Hadvar turned his gaze towards Twilight. The lass was leaning on the wall with her hands as support. If they battled with the Stormcloaks what would become of Twilight? She might get in danger and possibly gain another injury.

"No," he turn his head back to Astrid, "we would try and reason with them."

Astrid nodded. Hadvar stood up and pulled the chains that levers the gate. The mossed wooden gate moved with a loud mechanical jolt. Making the Stormcloaks aware of their presence.

As Hadvar emerged from the shadows, the Stormcloaks unsheathed their weapons and took a fighting stance. Hadvar, however, raised his hands.

"We came to talk." He said.

Astrid slowly walked by Hadvar's side, gesturing for Twilight to remain hidden.

"Talk? Since when did you corrupt Imperials ever talk?" The male one said. He had the typical blonde Nordic hair, he look like he's just in his early twenties, a long battle-ax was firmly gripped on his hands.

"Listen, there's a dragon out there and we both know that we wouldn't live if we don't work together."

The man didn't answer but still bared his teeth towards Hadvar. The woman, with red hair and a longsword for a weapon, nodded at Astrid. "You, you're one of those prisoners right? Why are you siding with him? We should work together and he'll be dead in a second."

"How'd you know?"

"You were there in the guard tower with us when we were about be be executed. Come on, get your revenge and earn your freedom." The red head grinned.

Astrid was still for a moment and actually pondered the idea. She looked at Hadvar as she placed a hand on the hilt of her sword; which made Hadvar do the same. Her eyes shifted behind the opened gate to Twilight who was hidden in the shadows.

She sighed. "You're wrong, I was never a prisoner. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time." She smirked. Drawing her sword from its sheath. She and Hadvar took their fighting stance to oppose the Stormcloaks.

The red head's eyebrows furrowed. "So be it!"

The male first charged with a battlecry. "Death to the empire!"

Hadvar quickly rolled to the side but the Stormcloak was at him once more. "There's no escape, Imperial scum!"

As Hadvar battle with the battle-ax wielding Nord. Astrid was on a face of with the red haired female. The stormcloak slashed vertically. Astrid easily dodged this by moving to the side. The female rebel smirked and tackled Astrid, pushing her off a good distance, leaving her dazed for a while.

When she got back to her stance. She saw the red head rushing towards her preparing for a forward swipe. Astrid dodged this and was able to cut her on her right arm, disarming the female Stormcloak.

The red head grimaced and kicked Astrid on her stomach, then pinning her with a foot on Astrid's chest. She kicked Astrid's sword away then grinned, pulling a dagger from behind her waist. Leaning closer to Astrid's face, the red head said, "Too bad you picked the wrong side, elf."

Just as she was about to send Astrid to oblivion. She stop was stopped by a small 'eep'. She turned her head and saw a girl, her hands covering her mouth as tears threaten to fall down her greasy cheeks.

With the Stormcloak distracted, Astrid took this opportunity. She held the rebel's armed hand then elbowed her temple. She shoved the female Stormcloak off of her then kicked her on the stomach. She grabbed her sword from the ground and took her fighting stance.

Shaking her head, The red haired stormcloak sneered at Astrid and charged. Astrid side stepped to avoid the incoming blade but from past experience she knew that the rebel would tackle her again. She crouched just in time as the rebel dashed towards her. Astrid thrusted herself with one foot towards the charging Stormcloak. The Stormcloak had not unexpected this and was sent sprawling on the floor, carried by her own momentum.

With a hardened punch by Astrid, she sent the rebel to sleep. Astrid breathe in deep then Sighed. She turned her head towards Hadvar, who has the upper hand on his end of the fight. He disarmed the male Stormcloak and struck him with the hilt of his sword. The Stormcloak staggered back. Hadvar punched him before he could recover and the rebel collapsed on the floor like a rag doll.

The two panted as sweat trickled down their necks. The sheathed their swords and stared at each other.

Hadvar nodded. "Let's get going."

Astrid fetched Twilight from the shadows and they descended the stairs below keep.



As they trotted through a cavernous underground tunnel, the keep trembled as the dragon roared. A group of men were caught when parts of the tunnel collapsed from the tremors.

"Through here!" Hadvar pushed open a door with a kick, holding it open for Astrid and Twilight to come in. Twilight tripped and fell on the floor. She yelped in pain. Astrid bent down to help. The cloth wrapped around twilight's wound was crimson red.

"Who goes there?" A deep voice called out.

Hadvar dashed behind a couple a barrels posted near a wooden pose. He took a small peek and darted his back as quickly. Another couple of Stormcloaks.

Hadvar looked at Astrid and Twilight, who were taking cover on a stack of crates and barrels. Twilight had her hands on her mouth as she sobbed from the throbbing pain. Astrid was there brushing her mane. She caught Hadvar's gaze and raised an eyebrow.

'Stormcloaks.' he mouthed.

'How many?'

He raised to fingers. The she-elf sighed and narrowed her eyes. 'We got no time for this.'

Hadvar nodded and placed a hand on the handle of his sword. Astrid whispered to Twilight. "Stay here, this is going to be quick.". She took positioned by the end of a crate, her sword at the ready.

The two waited for the stormcloak to come closer. "Hurry up, Vahl!" He's partner said.

"Alright, alright!" The stormcloak who came to investigate turned around to face his comrade. "Just, grab all you think are necessary and will go." Before he could turn again to continue his search, Hadvar jolt out of his cover and pushed the man off, making a beeline straight for the Stormcloak's comrade.

The Stormcloak clenched his arms as he got up from the floor. Her grumbled, narrowing his eyes. Before he could take a step he was caught in a headlock by Astrid. The Stormcloak struggled relentlessly to get his attacker off him. But Astrid endured and kept suffocating the rebel Nord.

Hadvar; on the other hand, had kicked the other Stormcloak, but he was able to recover quickly. Hadvar draw his sword and the Stormcloak did too. Hadvar swung horizontally but the Stormcloak jumped back to dodge it. The Stormcloak thrust forward with his spear but was dodged by Hadvar. The Imperial then closed the distance between he and the rebel. He kicked the Nord rebel between the thighs. When the hands of the rebel was down, Hadvar held the Stormcloak's head and bashed it on a nearby barrel, leaving him unconscious with his head in a barrel of potatoes.

Hadvar looked to check on his elven companion's end. She was just about to punch the already, unconscious rebel. It was a hard punch that made Hadvar flinch when it hit the man's face.

'That's gonna leave a mark.'

Astrid notice him staring and asked. "What?"

Hadvar raised and eyebrow.

Astrid shrugged. "I was just making sure he's not playing unconscious!"

Hadvar shrugged. He looked around the place. It was the keep's storage room. Crates, boxes, barrels and ingredients littered the place. "There should be a few potions around here. Let's hurry and search for it, so we can heal Twilight and get the hell out of here."

Astrid helped Twilight up as Hadvar searched for the potions. Astrid set Twilight on a chair. The lass rested her head on the table, she let out low and heavy breathes of exhaustion. Astrid gave her a sympathetic look.

"Poor girl," the she-elf thought. "Getting caught up in something like that. I wonder how's she doing?"

Unknown to her, Twilight was having the worst time of her life. Everything came like a blur, it was so fast that Twilight could not even keep up. Getting sent off home then arriving to a place like nothing she'd ever seen before! And now dragons, war and chaos? Discord would have had a lot of fun in this world but Twilight isn't having any. This world is like Equestria and Sunset's world combined! Only its more dangerous, brutal, and depressing. Twilight hates this world.

'I want to go home.'

Author's Note:

:fluttershysad: I am so sorry about this chapter. I know that there is a ton of grammatical errors and stuff. I had rewritten this four times already! And still I think I did not give what this story and its readers deserves! :fluttercry:

I will try and make up for the next chapter but this fighting scenes with 'Stormcloaks' are really hard to write. I hope it's not confusing to you readers. :fluttershyouch:

Again, I apologise. But I still hope you enjoyed the chapter!:yay:

See you again next time! Have a great day! :pinkiesmile::heart:

"Du bist nett und ich dass mag.":trollestia: