• Published 2nd Oct 2015
  • 1,855 Views, 77 Comments

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Twilight's Destiny. - grammar404



After Twilight sang a song that was older than Celestia. she found herself in her human form in a world full of wonders, and dangerous creatures.

  • ...
14
 77
 1,855

Chapter II: Ko Helgen.

Chapter II: Ko Helgen.

A week before the present...

Twilight groaned as she came to waking. She rustled in the ground full of leaves under a tree. She opened her eyes, it was dusk. Her legs felt weird, and somethings felt like missing. She tried to sit up, but fell off balance in the process, with little light available, Twilight looked at her supposedly equine body, yet she only found a human body similar to that in Canterlot High – except her skin colour wasn't like before, her eyes wasn't as big either, and her clothes... where are her clothes?

Knowing that nudity wasn't common or even appreciated in the human society, she stood up with a new found ease, and tried to cover her delicate parts with her arms and hands.

She took a step forward, but with the light fading rapidly, she didn't see the fallen branch ahead. She tumbled down the slope, getting bruised and scratches from the vegetation while she screamed.

At the end of her unfortunate start, her tumbling finally stopped. She still laid there, grimacing as a few cuts were deeper than the others.

Twilight heard a sword being pulled out of its sheath. Heavy footsteps were coming closer as she tried to sit up and hide in the bushes.

"Halt! Stay were you are!"

Twilight freezes, the chilling breeze of night sent shivers all over her body. Soon, she found herself surrounded by light.

"You girl! What are you doing here?" The voice has a commanding tone.

Twilight turned around to be met by a woman clad in steel armour. She looked at her with fear. She might be trespassing, and not to mention the lack of clothing. She might get sent to jail.

The woman looked at Twilight with her intimidating face. Her seriousness faded when she noticed the girl's wounds and bruises on her naked body, and the fear inside her darted eyes.

"Gods, girl, what happened to you?" She put her sword back into its sheath, then walked closer to Twilight.

Twilight knew this language, this was the same language as the first half of the poem she sang. Though she understand most of it, she hadn't studied enough to respond in a comprehensible way.

The poem!

She mentally gasped, she was performing in Canterlot, how did she end up here? She haven't seen a portal nor does she remember going through one. What of her friends? Did they end up here with her? Or are they back in Equestria looking for her! How about princess Celestia? Luna? Cadence? Specially Shining Armour... Mom? Dad? Oh Spike...

Tears started to ran down Twilight's cheeks, faint sobs came from her feelings of despair and loneliness.

The woman noticed her crying, she removed her helmet,laying it on the soil, and knelt in front of Twilight. She brushed Twilight's mane with one hand, and held her torch in the other.

She stiffened as Twilight hugged her, sobbing much louder now. The womans face turned to pity.

"It's alright lass, you're safe now." She cooed.

Twilight sat by the side of the bed, a blanket made of fur was wrapped around her. Her eyes still red from crying, she would sometimes sniff her excess tears turned to snot. The woman who took her in was outside looking for clothes from the neighbours that will fit her.

After a while, the woman came back with a few set of clothes in her arms.

"Here, put these on." She said, setting the clothes on the bed beside Twilight.

Twilight nodded, she grabbed one of the dresses and wondered how is she going to put it on.

"You were lucky I was the one who'd found you," she stood by a bench, dissembling her armour, " I don't know what would happen to you if I wasn't patrolling the tree lines. Skyrim is a dangerous place, not like it was ever safe in the first place." She chuckled. "There are Bandits, predators, and the Stormcloak savages."

She turned around to look at Twilight, "You know–" she stopped to see that Twilight was struggling to put the dress on. One of her hands was in where the head should be. She giggled as Twilight continued her fight. She had finished removing her armour and was now in her tunic, she set her sword by the side of the bench where it was easy to be picked up when needed. She walked towards Twilight and held the dress.

"Alright, stop, stop." Twilight did so, "Now let me help you with that." She removed Twilight's arm from the head-hole and guided it to the sleeves.

Twilight felt embarrassed, she should already know how to do it. But it was Pinkie and Rarity who put her into those human clothes.

After successfully putting on the dress, with the help of the woman, Twilight felt a few stings from her wounds. The woman brought something from her pocket and gave it to Twilight.

"Here, drink this, it'll remove the pain and heal your wounds." It was a reddish glass bottle. Twilight inspected it.

"It's a healing potion, there's no harm in trying." Twilight nodded and opened it. She took a small sip; surprisingly, It has a tinge of sweetness. Almost instantly, her body felt nice, the stinging pain vanished, and her cuts closed up.

"Feel better?" Twilight nodded. "My name's Lisa Iron-claw." She reach out a hand.

Twilight shook it, much better than the first one she was offered a handshake.

"So what's yours?" Twilight wanted to answer that, but she doesn't know how to translate her name in her language. She shook her head instead.

"You don't know your name?" Twilight knew that if she either shook her head or nod, The woman will take it that she doesn't, so she kept quiet instead.

The woman's smile faltered for a moment but brightened up again. "Well, you must be tired. We'll save the rest of the introduction next time." She got up and moved to the other bed to sleep.

Twilight sighed. She might have been a bad house guest to the one who had rescued her from the possible horrors from what Lisa had said.

She laid down the comfortable mattress,Lisa's snores were keeping the silent at bay, looking side ways as she surveyed the room. There was the lamp that illuminates the room, hanging from the wall. The bench where Lisa's armour lay. A small coffee table with a few papers and a quill. And... a bookshelf! Oh, this is perfect! Twilight could read and compare the words, and letters to that of Equestria's!

Twilight smiled, and got up from the bed. She touched the leather books, gingerly moving from one book to another until she stopped at a dark-brownish book. She moved to the nearby coffee table then sat on a chair. She opened the tome on it's first page. She wrote the equestrian alphabet on one paper then started decoding words and sentences.

'For thirty-eight years, the Emperor Tiber Septim reigned, bequeathing the throne of Tamriel to his grandson Pelagius on his deathbed. The Septim family, occasionally inclusive of adopted and married members, has ruled ever since.

Twilight breath a sigh of relief as the translation of the words slowly became easier. She continued to scribble down notes but soon find that she was losing paper. She looked around for more. There was some by the bench, weighed down by a gauntlet. Then something struck her mind.

What of her magic? Are they inaccessible like in CHS?

Wanting to try it out, Twilight, stared at the gauntlet and the papers, willing them to levitate and hover towards her. After a few moments nothing happened. Determined, Twilight pursed her lips and deepened her concentration. Still nothing.

Frustrated, Twilight raised her arms in defeat. "Urrrrgh!" She said in a low voice, she pointed at where the gauntlet and papers were, "Why won't you move?"

As she said this, her hands glowed and so did the gauntlet, together with the papers. They slowly moved towards her. To her excitement, she flailed her arms, dropping the gauntlet and scattering the paper around the room. The gauntlet made a loud thump, scurrying to grab the papers and arrange them on the coffee table, Twilight turned to panic.

Lisa woke. "What happened?" She asked, in a rather attentive way.

"I – I'm sorry, I – I was just l – looking through one of your books, a – and I tried to use magic but suddenly lost control! The gauntlet fell and I made a mess." Twilight look down in shame.

"You tried to use magic and you did it?" Lisa asked, sounding more amazed than angry.

"Y – yes, you're not angry?"

"Angry? For what lass? You used magic! For a girl your age carrying such things from halfway across the room is rather difficult and mana draining." Lisa grinned, trying to assure Twilight that everything was alright.

Twilight looked up and gave a weak smile.

"My name is Twilight by the way," said Twilight, fiddling her fingers, "I'm sorry for being quiet awhile ago."

"It's alright you must had have a rough day," Lisa cocked an eyebrow, "what did happened to you?"

"I... I don't know." Twilight looked sad, looking by the side of the floor.

Lisa decided not to push it, Twilight is having a hard time as it is. She took a deep breath the yawned. "Well, it's dead late. We should get some sleep. Put the book back in the shelf and go to bed, alright?"

Twilight nodded and got the book then pushed it back into where she took it. She made her way to the bed, Lisa provided her and went to sleep.

Three days later...

Twilight was reading a book, about a warrior in shining armour saving his damsel in distress. She was at the living room. She had her head rested on one of her hands, as the other one was used to turn the pages.

Lisa Slammed the door open, almost making Twilight jump out of her chair. She turned to look at Lisa, who had an annoyed look on her face.

"What's wrong, Lisa?" Twilight asked.

"The damn Thalmor are here." Lisa walked towards the kitchen and grabbed one of Vilod's mead.

"Thalmor? The high elves of the Aldmeri Dominion?"

"Yes, they're taking over Ulfric's execution, instead of sending him to Cyrodiil, he'll be executed here, in Helgen." She let out a sigh of relief as her armour clanked, when she sat and leaned on a chair.

"Lisa," said Twilight, "Why do you hate the Elves?"

Lisa frowned, "Because they're snobs? Because they almost wiped out the Empire? Sooner or later the Thalmor will break the peace treaty and invade."

"Why do you think that?"

"It's because that's what they are," Lisa took another sip of her mead. "And because I lost my daughter, thanks to those bastards." She turned sorrowful for a moment then sighed.

"The Thalmor will arrive tomorrow to discuss more with General Tulius." She got up from the chair then walked towards the bench to unclad her armour, "I want you stay away from them, more so let them see your magic. I don't want them to take interest in you and take you."

"Alright," was all Twilight said before returning to her book.

"Twilight?" Lisa asked, while unstrapping her gauntlet.

"Hmm?" Twilight replied, not taking her eyes of the book.

"You know, I have already registered you as my niece."

"Yes,"

Lisa placed the gauntlet down then Moved to the other, "and that you're under my care."

"Uhuh,"

"Then why won't you go outside?"

"There's always time to go outside Lisa, but I still have a lot of books to finish here."

Lisa set her hand on the book, leaning closed to Twilight's face. "No buts! Here," she hand Twilight a few septims with her other hand. "That's thirty Septims, go to Vilod and pay the twenty septims I owed him, take the ten and buy all you want."

Twilight looked at the silver coins on her hands, she lifted her head to look at Lisa. "Where's Vilod's house?"

"Second house, by the guard post." She waved a dismissive hand at Twilight.

Twilight placed her hands upon her hips, "I'm not really familiar with this place yet."

Lisa sighed, "Alright, alright." She opened the door, gesturing Twilight to follow. She perched her hands on the porch's railings then called out a boy, who was passing by.

"Haming!"

"Yes, Ms.Iron-Claw?" Haming asked.

"Come here," she waved at Haming, as the boy walked closer.

"Haming, this is Twilight, my niece." She gestured at Twilight, who in turn, waved at Haming.

"She's new to Helgen. And I want someone to give her a tour, could you take her?"

"Yes, Ms.Iron-claw, I can."

Lisa smiled, "Good lad, now be sure to pass by Vilod's inn. I had Twilight to do an errand for me."

Haming turned to Twilight, "So, are you ready to go?" Twilight nodded.

The two started their journey, Twilight taking much of her surroundings. It looks more like Equestria here than that of CHS. It was a tad cold, though. But a book she read said that Skyrim is on the northern hemisphere, which explains the chilling breezes and snowy mountain sides.

"So how long have you been here?" Haming asked.

"Oh, just three days ago." Twilight said, not giving a glance at Haming.

"Really?" Haming cocked an eyebrow, "How come I haven't seen you around yet?"

"I don't go out much, I prefer staying at home and reading books."

"Huh," Haming shrugged, "you're planning to be a scholar then?"

Twilight's eyes wondered for a while. "Probably," she turned to look at Haming, "how about you?"

"I plan to be an Imperial soldier, just like Hadvar," he raised a fist, "I'll serve the Empire and put an end to the rebellion."

"Rebellion?" Twilight raised and eyebrow.

"Here we are, Helgen's keep." Haming pointed at the left of the cylinder building, "and that's the barracks."

They continued they're trek, now headed for Vilod's inn.

"Tell me more about the Rebellion." Twilight enquired.

"You didn't know?"

Twilight scratched the back of her neck, "Uhh... No?"

"You must be from Cyrodiil." The boy shrugged, "The rebellion is fighting against the empire. Their leader, the Jarl of windhelm, killed the high king by shouting at him – as the story saids. Skyrim is torn in half at the moment, the Empire in the west, Stormcloaks on the east."

"Stormcloaks? I thought they were bandits and outlaws?"

"In someway, yes. They're all marked as traitors of the Empire. My father said that they worship an outlawed God."

Twilight furrowed her eyebrows in thought, she would like to know more about this Civil War. And in order to do that, she'll have to go back to Lisa's house and read more books – history and lore books this time.

"Here we are, Mr.Vilod's inn. Father should be looking for me now, it almost time for lunch. See you next time." He waved goodbye with Twilight.

Twilight opened the door. The place has a fair amount of people inside. A woman was cleaning one of the tables with a rag cloth. A few folks in armour, and casuals was chatting with each other as they drunk and ate. There was also alone woman, clad in an awesome looking armour with a great axe on her back, drinking alone by the fire. As a bard sang songs of the Empire.

Twilight proceeded to the counter, where a white-haired man was manning it.

"Umm... Excuse me.?"

"Hello, lass! What can I do for you?" The man said, leaning forward with his arms crossed on the counter.

"Are you Mr.Vilod?"

"Indeed I am, what does good old, Vilod, do for you young lady?"

The man seemed to be friendly, Twilight let out a calming sigh. "Lisa sent me with the Septims she owes you." She took twenty septims from her pocket and handed it to Vilod.

"Fantastic," he took the septims and stored them away. "So can I get you anything?"

Twilight tapped her chin, "what do you have in store?"

The white-haired man, lifted a palm and counted with each finger, "I got vegetables, potions, breads, cheese, and a special kind of mead."

"I've been wondering. What's a mead?"

"Bah," Vilod gave a good laugh. "I expect you to have tasted mead, lass. How old are you? fourteen? Fifteen?" He was sure she was fourteen.

"Sixteen," Twilight deadpanned. "And no, I haven't tasted mead before." He wasn't expecting that. He chuckled sheepishly.

"Well, it's an alcoholic drink lass. I could sell you one suitable for your age." He rummage below the counter, "We start selling low alcohol meads to young folks like you, fifteen is the minimum, set by the Jarl of whiterun. Skyrim is a dangerous place, there's no time to slack. Ah!" He interjected, he rose up from the under bar with a glass bottle in hand.

"Here, only two Septims." He smugly grinned.

Twilight handed him the money. She then opened the cap. She took a few sips first to let the sweet and burning sensation hit her throat. It's like cider but with juniper berries.

Unfortunately, Twilight couldn't handle her drinks.

Lisa...

There was a knock at the door, Lisa stood from reading the reports. She expected Twilight it to be Twilight, but she wasn't half-wrong. Standing at the door was Hadvar, a sobbing Twilight slump upon her shoulder.

"What happened?" Lisa said, with both a worried, and angry tone.

"Vilod sold here a soft mead, but seems like your niece couldn't handle alcohol that much, captain." He chuckled, "Vilod turned frantic with worry when she suddenly started to let out a few quiet sobs, then she sat on the floor with her head buried in her arms and knees."

Lisa tried not to smile but she knew she did for a while. "Give her to me."

Hadvar gently set Twilight down, as she threw an arm across Lisa's neck. Lisa guided Twilight onto the bed.

"They're all gone..." Twilight sobbed.

"Who's gone lass?" Lisa said, rubbing Twilight's back.

"My friends, my family, my teacher... They must be worried sick about me!"

"Do you remember what happened?"

"No, I was performing at Canterlot then poof! I was here." Twilight cried.

"It's alright, las – Twilight, we'll get you back home." Lisa sets Twilight's head on her lap, and gently brushed her mane.

"Thanks, Lisha..." Twilight said as she fell asleep.

Lisa smiled, "You're welcome Twilight. I promise I'll protect you."

To be Continued...

Author's Note:

Well... Not much was continued, more like explained?

Anyways, that's all I have written in advance, so I won't be posting everyday.

Find and Typo? Grammatical errors? Please tell me! I don't edit my works, much less have an editor to do so for me. Your contribution is praised! Hallelujah!

Well, that's it for now! See you again next chapter you lovely creature!:pinkiesmile::heart:

<immersive Armour mod>

Dislike the story?
(つのろの)つ Senpai Come back~!☆