• Published 2nd Oct 2015
  • 1,854 Views, 77 Comments

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Twilight's Destiny. - grammar404



After Twilight sang a song that was older than Celestia. she found herself in her human form in a world full of wonders, and dangerous creatures.

  • ...
14
 77
 1,854

Chapter V: Kuz su'um ruz dein vomulhaan

Chapter V: Kuz su'um ruz dein vomulhaan

Twilight breathed a sigh of relief as the sweet taste of the healing potion ran down her throat. She felt a tingling sensation on her wound as it closed up, leaving a barely noticeable scar.

"Feeling better?"

Twilight shifted her head, which sat on her arms rested on the table. It was the she-elf. Twilight took a deep breath before replying. "Yes, but I'm still exhausted." She chuckled weakly. "I have never done anything like that before." She sighed and stared at nothing.

Astrid gave Twilight a sympathetic look, she reach out with her hand but stopped. She should let the girl be, it was hard for her, even in Skyrim; younglings do not deserve this. They still have a lot to learn.

Astrid took a green bottle from one of her pockets and placed it near Twilight. "Here, take this before we move, It'll rejuvenate your stamina." She got up to leave.

Twilight stared at the bottle for a while. Was she exhausted? Very. The times she spent in her library and the friendship expeditions did not make her exert so much energy as today's events. Twilight thought back to what happened. Lisa, the dragon, and Equestria. She wondered how will she get back to her home country – or home universe. There will be a lot of trials no doubt, but violence is prone in this place, as far as she knew, will she spill blood when the time comes? She remembered those soldiers laying on the ground dead, wounded... Bloodied.

She took her dagger from her pocket and stared at the rusted iron blade. This world is so different and she knew she had to get back. She will be strong, no more crying. She'll find Lisa and maybe she knows someone who could help her.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a voice calling her. "Twilight," said Astrid, "Let's get going."

Twilight stood up and followed the two. Hadvar opened a door that led to a series of stairs that led deeper into the keep. As the group descended down, they heard a clash of steel and the static sound of electricity. A battle was raging downstairs.

"The Torture room," said Hadvar, "I wish we had no need to go here."

A Torture room? Twilight had heard of those, Griffon warlords used it to gain information against the rival state or to punish criminals and such. It disgusted Twilight, the thought of anyone dealing unnecessary harm to ponies, even if they could just simply talk it out.

They continued to trek down the stairs. When they arrived at the torture chamber, a man wielding a mace was fighting two Stormcloak's: his companion, an old mage, was electrocuting one of the rebels, which was grimacing from the pain but he looks like he can endure it for sometime.

The male Stormcloak kicked the old mage, ceasing the use of his magic. The Stormcloak loomed over the old wizard with a face of disgust. He was about to swing his axe when he noticed Hadvar and Astrid running towards them. He signalled his companion to be able to shift their strategy with the new comers.

He swung his battle-axe horizontally, Hadvar barely dodging it. Astrid charged pass Hadvar and stabbed the rebel deep in his stomach. The man staggered back, a hand pressed upon his wound. Blood, leaked from his mouth. His eyes wide and full of despair. He fell unconscious upon the stone floor.

His companion; on the other hand, was filled with fury from his companion's demise. He frantically swung his great sword while charging at the she-elf who killed his brother-in-arms. Astrid tried to get away but tripped on the slightly elevated floor. Before the nord could swing his axe and bring Astrid to her death. The mace wielding Imperial, tackled the man down. He punched him a couple of times before grabbing his head and breaking it on the hard stone floor. Hadvar offered his hand to Astrid, who keenly took it.

"You folks happened to be just in time," said the old mage, "these Stormcloaks wasn't particularly fond of the way I treat their comrades."

"Of course they won't he tortured them." Twilight murmured, with her arms crossed on her chest as she glared at the mage's boots. only Astrid heard her retort and couldn't help but smile.

"Don't you know what's going on?" Said Hadvar, "A dragon is attacking Helgen!"

"A dragon?" The torturer raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "Please, don't make up nonsense."

"It's true," Astrid cut in. "The whole town is in flames." Flames and burning flesh.

The torturer gave Astrid a questioning look. "Really? Come to think of it, I did hear some strange noises coming from over there..."

"Come with us, we need to get out of here." Hadvar closed in.

"You've got no authority over me, boy!" The torturer accused. Jabbing a finger on Hadvar's chest.

"Didn't you hear me? The keep is under attack!" Hadvar retorted with a much commanding tone. Their argues echoed through the small chamber. Twilight even had her hands covering her ears, grimacing on the adults' waste of time.

"Forget the Oldman," said the maced wielding imperial. "I'll come with you." As he walk closer, Twilight got a good look at the man. His had lost some hair but he was very tall and big.

"Wait a second," said Hadvar, pointing at the cage with a skeleton. "Looks like there's something in this cage."

"Don't bother with that. Lost the key ages ago. Poor bastard screamed for weeks."

Astrid moved closer and peered inside. "A mage's equipment."

Hadvar turned to Astrid. "You could use it," said he, "you elves are good with magic, are you not?"

Astrid narrowed her eyes with a frown. "That's quite a racist remark." The old mage chuckled. "No, I don't do magic, High Elves prioritise magic but we Wood Elves do a variety of things. I prefer archery and my accuracy is not to be reckoned with."

The Nord smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. "Hehe... sorry about that." His eyes casted over Twilight who stared at the cage with interest. "Found anything you fancy Twilight?"

The girl nodded. "Yes, may I have that spell tome?"

"Are you a mage, lass?" Said the old torturer. "That's quite a spell for a gal your age."

"I.. ahh.. Just like reading is all. And how do you know, if it comes in handy in the future?"

The old mage eyed Twilight carefully. "Fair enough."

Hadvar pointed at the bag that lay on a small table. "See if you can get it open with some picks. We'll need everything we can get."

"Sure," said the old torturer, rolling his eyes. "Take all of my things, please."

"If you're gonna stay here, you won't need it old man." His assistant said, grabbing the bag and handing it over to Twilight.

Twilight took it, and hoisted it over her back. It was quite light. It only has a few lock picks and coins.

"Twilight, give me one lock pick."

"There's no need," said Astrid, reaching into the cage and grabbing the spell tome. "The holes are big enough." She opened Twilight's bag and stuffed the spell tome in nicely.

"Alright, have you grabbed what you can?" Everyone nodded.

"Alright let's go."

"There's no way out that way, you know!" The old torturer shouted from behind them.

The group went pass a passageway filled with locked cells. The descended a short stair and deeper into the dungeon. When they arrived in a room with cages hanging from the ceiling, skeletons and dead people trapped inside, Twilight couldn't surpass a gasp.

'how could they do this?'

She had not noticed that she stopped trotting until Astrid called her back.

"Twilight," said the she-elf, "we need to go." Before turning around to join the others. Twilight followed suit.

They met Hadvar and the torturer's assistant standing by a hole in the wall that led deeper into the mountain. Lit fire pits was stationed in some corners, how are they lit, no one knows.

Author's Note:

Omg it's alive!:pinkiegasp:

Well... barely, I think I butchered this chapter.

Again this chapter was not professionally edited and is a rough draft straight from the notes. If you see any typos and grammatical errors please send me a message for I will quickly fix it. Also if you want to clear something up, feel free to ask. :twilightsmile:

Thanks again for reading this chapter!:pinkiehappy:
See you next time, have a good day!:pinkiesmile::heart: