• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 1,428 Views, 61 Comments

Link Start! - UsefulRamen



Asuna and Kirito get trapped right after they thought it was over.

  • ...
5
 61
 1,428

The Talk

With Kirito, Asuna, and Shining Armor

"How big is this place?" Kirito asked with pure amazement in his voice. He had been seen the beautiful, and outstanding sights in SAO, but this amazingly huge, and regal palace's beauty was putting that of SAO to the test.

"Oh it's pretty big. That's why I'm guiding you through it." Shining said with a tone of friendliness in his strong, firm, voice.

"Hey Shining Armor? I'm just curious, but, what's your job here?" Asuna asked as she stared at one of the tapestries in the seemingly long corridor. They were smooth, glass that could not easily be hidden by the shadow of the cold, marble walls.

"I'm captain of the royal guard. There isn't really much to do though. We don't get threats here. At least not dangerous ones. The closest thing we do have to a threat currently is a raging heard of insanely mental...bunnies." Shining Armor drooped his head a little, but kept walking. Then, a question similar to Asuna's came to the thick surface of his mind. But before he could ask it, Kirito spoke up.

"That kinda reminds me of you Asuna." Kirito said with a warm smile on his face. Him and Asuna had been really silent ever since they started the rediculously long walk. Sometimes, Shining Armor would even look over his shoulder to see if they were still there. Of course, the clip-clop of their hooves would keep him from doing it half the time.

Asuna turned her head and almost undivided attention towards Kirito. Whatever attention wasn't on him, was on the sights, and beauty, and brightness of the white castle. Soon enough, it was all on Kirito, and hazelnut eyes stared into onyx ones.

"Oh really? How so?" Asuna asked innocently.

"Well, you used to be second-in-a-command for the 'Knights of the Blood Oath' guild." Kirito answered still wearing that same warm, welcoming smile on his face.

"Oh. Yeah. That. Well, I'm not anymore. It was kind of fun though." Asuna said as she felt a slight wave of warmth brush onto her face.

"So you were a high-ranked commander too huh? Of course, I still am, but that's besides the point. That's amazing. What about you Kirito?" Shining Armor sounded more like a child interested in hearing a story rather than a 'captain of the royal guard.'

"Me? Huh. I was just considered a beater- I mean a regular old solo player," Kirito answered, "Some people did call me 'The Black Swordsman' too though." Kirito finished with a sigh. Shining Armor luckily didn't quite catch the part about being a beater as half of his attention was focused on where he was leading the two.

"Oh Kirito, your anything but a regular old solo player. And your the best player I know." Asuna said as she went to Kirito's direction and slightly leaned on him. She was careful as to not lean on him too much, or they could both probably fall on their sides.

"Wait a sec. What do you mean...player?" Shining Armor asked with curiosity taking over his voice.

Asuna sighed a long, sad sigh and closed her eyes as she shook her head. This invited Kirito to explain it instead. He tried to keep it short, simple, and easy to understand as possible, but it still took a long time for him to fully explain it. When he finally finished his explanation, they were already at their destination. The huge, tall doors reminded Kirito of the doors that led to the boss room of <<The Gleam Eyes>>. He of course, knew that there wasn't going to be a fight like that ever again in a very long time though.

"Well, we're here. Guess I should go now. The princesses are expecting you, so go on." Shining Armor encouraged as he opened the two humongous doors with his magic way too easily.

"Thanks." Kirito and Asuna said in unison.

Asuna entered first, and Kirito entered shortly after. The two walked calmly down the long, hallway-like room and stopped when they were a mere five feet away from the golden throne that fairly stood out to the two. It was a beautiful, golden butterfly caught in a swarm of mosquitoes compared to the tapestries. There was no way to describe it all with just one word. It was impossible. Not even one hundred words could describe the shine, the elegance, the beauty, the amazing golden piece that was the throne. The white figure of Princess Celestia only completed it. Luna however, looked as if she were a trophy on the wrong shelf. The throne was clearly only made for one and that one alone. No other exceptions. Luna was in that particular spot beside Celestia. She, for some reason did not have an elegant throne of her own, but she was perfectly fine with it it seemed.

"Good evening Asuna." Princess Celestia greeted. Luna just stayed quiet and to the side almost as if she was never there.

"Good evening Princess Celestia." Asuna greeted back as she bowed. She immediately noticed that Kirito was not bowing and pulled him down to bow with her. As both Celestia and Luna saw this, they giggled to themselves a bit. Soon enough, they gave the go-ahead to the two to stop bowing.

"So this is Kirito?" Luna asked staring him down. Kirito was slightly intimidated by that stare. Especially since it was on the face of Luna. For some reason, he was actually a little afraid of Luna.

"Yes your majesty." Asuna answered with that strong voice of hers that always made Kirito smile.

"Hello Kirito, I am Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria. And this is my sister, Princess Luna, co-ruler of Equestria." Celestia introduced officially beginning the conversation.

"You may call me Luna if you like." Luna said with that same stare. It was as if she was daring him to mess up.

"Yes your majesty." Kirito responded.

Asuna could see that Kirito's body stiffened a little and walked over to him to help loosen him up. Her way of doing so was just leaning on him slightly as they sat there. She would occasionally whisper in his large pony ear to calm down and that it was alright. Whatever was bothering him. The two majestic figures saw this and realized that they were more than just close friends. They just smiled warmly at the sight until it was over.

After about two minutes, Asuna could feel Kirito's body relax and moved away a little. He locked eyes with her and beamed slightly. His onyx eyes were deep into hazelnut ones as Asuna was about to speak.

"Better?" She asked loving, and caringly.

"Better." Kirito replied.

"So you two are more than friends then?" Luna asked tiredly.

Both Asuna and Kirito blushed slightly at the comment and nodded.

"So that's why he's so important to you." Celestia commented.

"I hope you don't mind but, can we continue this conversation 'yawn' tommorow?" Kirito asked, his voice sounding tired.

"Kirito," Asuna mumbled as she side punched him softly, "You jerk, don't be rude!"

The two royal sisters giggled to themselves at the humorous sight.

"Oh no, its quite alright. You can stay in one of the castle sweets tonight if you like. Tommorow, we will talk for real, and gather some more info on you two. But until then, we all need some rest. Including me." Celestia suggested.

"Thank you, we won't be sleeping here tommorow night though, we plan on getting home soon." Kirito thanked.

In one of the castle sweets

"Hey Asuna, I was wondering," Kirito began as Asuna turned her head in his direction," how will we get back home? I mean, this place is nice, but I'm starting to miss my family and our friends." the more Asuna listened the more longing the expression on her face became.

"Come to think of it, I am starting to miss all of our friends. I haven't seen any of them since SAO." Asuna responded.

"Well, we'll just have to ask the princesses about it tommorow then. But for now, I'm with you. And thats all that really matters." Kirito said with a beam beginning to cross his face. Asuna began to blush at the comment, and looked at Kirito with pure love in her beautiful eyes.

"Oh you." Asuna stated with care in her voice.

Asuna realized that she had no sleeping clothes and was a tad bit angry. And of course there was only one bed in the seemingly five-star hotel room. She didn't know what to do. Then, she saw Kirito climb into the bed naked! She swiftly looked away until she heard the faint sound of rustling bed sheets dissipate. She guessed it was alright since pretty much every pony she saw had pretty much nothing on their backs and every little piece of their bodies was visible. But to them, it seemed to be typical behavior. So, she slowly took off her 'KOB' uniform and climbed into the opposite side of Kirito. She could hear his faint breaths and could feel the covers slightly moving in a rising and falling motion as he did so. Soon enough, she herself had drifted off to sleep.

With Twilight

Twilight was on her way to sugarcube corner because she had asked her friends to meet up there to talk. However, she had to hurry because it was a rather rainy night in Ponyville. She took Spike with her so that he wouldn't be home alone. She always took him everywhere anyways, so no big deal, only this time, he couldn't shut up about Kirito. It annoyed her almost to the point where she couldn't take it anymore. But she knew that would have to keep it in as best she could.

"Man, I may not have known him for very long, but Kirito is so cool! I mean, the way he carries two swords on his back, his black coat, his cool looks. I wish I could be as cool as him one day." Spike kept going on and on about Kirito this, and Kirito that. Twilight was really getting annoyed. Especially since she agreed with more than half of it. This only angered her more. Was she...jealous of Asuna? Or was she just getting all worked up because of Spike's running mouth? Could she seriously still like Kirito even after what she had seen today?

"Hellooo. Earth to Twilight. Hey! Are you listening?" Spike asked as he waved his small hand-like talons back and forth in front of Twilight's face. She eventually snapped out of the trance that brought upon herself. She looked around and realized that she was already at the door of sugarcube corner. Twilight entered the sweet-filled shop only to be greeted with warm smiling faces. As she made her way to her best friends, their smiles only seemed to grow.

"Hey Twilight, so what did you want us all to meet here for?" RainbowDash asked curiously. As she said this, the rest of the group began to say 'yeah' simultaneously.

"Yes, do tell darling." Rarity said with a hint of curiousness in her voice.

"Right. Okay, so there was this new pony that arrived in town yesterday and his name was-"

"HisnameisKirito,andheobviouslyhasneverbeenherebeforeandhewaslookingforsomeonenamedAsunaanditturnedoutshewaslookingforhimtooandtheyeventuallyfoundeachotherandleftofftocanterlot *gasp* Right?" Pinkie swiftly said in a very fast, but surprisingly understandable voice.

"How did you know that?" an awe-struck Twilight asked.

"Just a hunch." Pinkie answered cheerfully.

"Yeah, ahm pretty sure that's not what Twilight here was gonna say." Applejack butted in.

"No, no, that pretty much sums it all up." Spike said calmly.

"So, this 'Kirito' pony. Was he nice?" Fluttershy shyly asked in her normally soft, shy tone.

"Oh yes. He was very kind actually, and a little funny too. Hmm." Twilight said suddenly feeling a wave of warmth surface to her face.

"Looks like some pony has a crush!" Rarity teased.

"Aw dang. Is it really that obvious?" Twilight ruefully stated.

"Yep. As plain as day." Applejack admitted.

"Don't worry Twilight, we won't tell any pony." Fluttershy piped up.

"You like Kirito? Even after you saw how him and Asuna reacted when they saw each other?" Spike said with pure shock in his voice.

"Wait a sec. Twilight," Rainbow began, "how did they react?"

"Well, as soon as Asuna saw him, she tackled him and kissed him...and he kissed her back." Twilight began to finally realized that her feelings for Kirito were forbidden as he was already with Asuna.

"Twilight darling? Are you alright?" Rarity concerning my asked.

Twilight's head drooped majorly out of sadness. But she still answered anyway.

"Yah. I'll be fine. I just have to somehow get rid of these feelings for Kirito. But that's not why I asked you all to come here tonight. I asked you to come here because I want to ask you guys to come with me to Canterlot tommorow morning." Twilight explained as her heavy, drooped head moved back to its original spot.

"Yeah!" The five ponies hollered simultaneously.

"Great! Well, that's all I think. Unless you have any questions for me, I'll be going now." Twilight enthusiastically informed.

"I would like to know more about this 'Asuna' pony that you mentioned earlier darling." Rarity requested.

"Well-" Twilight explained everything she knew about Asuna (which wasn't much) to Rarity as the rest of the group began their own side conversations.

"Hey Twi, what time do we have to be at the train station?" Rainbow asked. She had been patiently, and politely waiting for Twilight to finish talking about Asuna.

"Be there at 10:00a.m." Twilight answered casually.

And with that, RainbowDash trotted back to the rest of the ponies and informed them about it too.

"Alright guys, I'm gonna go now okay? Come on Spike." Twilight called out.

"Bye!" The mini crowd of six multicolored ponies hollered simultaneously as they waved their hooves in Twilight's direction.

Later At Twilight's Castle

Twilight was silently enjoying one of her many books in her labyrinth-like library when a slight spark of light in front of her face caught her attention. It happened to be Spike's green dragon breath that usually meant that Celestia had sent a letter to her. She had absolutely no idea what Spike was doing up this late, and figured he must have been fairly tired.

"*yawn* here." Spike tiredly handed over the letter with a golden stamp on it. It surprisingly had not a scorch mark on it (which was not a surprise to neither one of them).

"Spike, go back to bed. I know your tired." Twilight caringly stated.

Spike happily did so (or at least it seemed. The only thing presented on his face was a tired, lazy look with baggy eyes. Twilight rolled her eyes with a smile slowly crossing her face. She opened the letter easily with her magic. On the cream colored paper read:

Dear Princess Twilight,

I need you and your friends to come to Canterlot immediately. Kirito, and Asuna are both already here with me. This also involves Shining Armor, and Cadence. You will learn more about the situation once you arrive. I've sent a train there and its on it's way.

Yours Truly,

Princess Celestia