• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 1,428 Views, 61 Comments

Link Start! - UsefulRamen



Asuna and Kirito get trapped right after they thought it was over.

  • ...
5
 61
 1,428

Restoration and Relaxation

In the Living Room of Twilight's Castle

"You guys were awesome!" Spike cheered.

"Ah can't believe y'all risked your lives for us." Applejack thankfully commented.

"No problem, although Gleam Eyes should've been gone a long time ago. I wonder why he came back. Oh well, that's something to find out later, but for now, don't we have to find Shining Armor and Cadence?" Asuna suggested.

The group of ponies agreed with a nod of their heads. Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna said their thanks and good-byes as they left the friends to it.

"So what should we do? If Shining Armor and Cadence weren't there after we defeated Gleam Eyes, then he must've hidden them. Are there any caves in the Ever Free forest?" Kirito asked as he tryed to put the puzzle pieces together in his head. He noticed that something was not right in the battle. Now that he really looked at it, he did see something shiny in the back of the beast, and could tell that Gleam Eyes had a smaller amount of strength and energy than he should have had. He brushed it off as something to figure out later.

"I think there's at least three caves there. Two of them are occupied, but I can't tell the difference which could cause some major issues." Twilight worriedly stated.

"Why? What's in the two caves?" Asuna curiously asked.

"Well, one has a huge dragon living in it, and the other has an Ursa Major and Minor living in it." Twilight said as she started to remember those days (even though they were just one day per event).

"Wait a sec. Aren't Ursa Major and Minor just star constellations?" Kirito doubtfully asked.

"Yes, but here, they are living creatures that look like, and represent the constellations." Twilight explained keeping it as short as possible.

"Oh. That's cool. I guess." Kirito said quietly to himself. Unfortunately, Asuna heard it punched lightly on his side.

"Jerk." She called him. He just couldn't stop slipping up could he?

"You heard that?" Kirito whispered with a tone of regret in his voice.

"Yes, I did. Can you at least try to be nicer? My god." Asuna asked with a hint of aggregation.

"Fine. I'll humour you." Kirito tryed. It at least got her off his back anyway.

"Anyway," Twilight began to notice them easily resolving their own fight (which they started) and tryed to change whatever subject they were on back to the important one: finding her brother, and step sister.

"Right. Missing ponies. So, you think that they could be in the unoccupied cave? I know that gleam eyes is a very strong enemy, but a dragon or an Ursa major and minor would most likely be too much to handle. Even for me and Asuna." Kirito explained.

With that said, Asuna agreed, and honestly did not want to bring up the huge fights that almost killed her and Kirito both (mainly Kirito considering how reckless he was). But that was kind of far off from the subject, so why bring it up in the first place?

"Yeah. That would be the safest way to go, and we don't want anymore near death or even viewing near death experiences for a very long time." Rainbowdash piped up as she winked at Kirito.

"Especially when we have a baby dragon with us." Twilight said in a way more serious tone than that of Rainbowdash's (and I mean way more serious).

"Yeah, Spikey Wikey isn't owd enough two see that kind of stuff is he?" Rarity babied much to Spikes annoyance. Sure he liked her, but at times, she could really just get him to the point where he'd be far more than just annoyed.

In return, Rarity just received an annoyed, scournful look from Spike and shut up knowing that he was upset. She blushed in embarrassment as she moved to sit where she previously was before the babying commenced.

"He doesn't seem like that much of a baby dragon to me. He actually looks like he could be the same age as Y- never mind." Kirito stopped himself from saying that name, and glanced at Asuna just make sure that she didn't catch him saying that name. He knew how much she missed Yui. He missed her that much too and a question that had been long lost in the depths of the deep ocean that was Kirito's mind had surfaced the top again, and rose higher attention than the rest: how are we going to get back? Kirito had to push that question in the back of his mind for now because now was not the time to ask that.

"Well, we should get goin' by tommorow, because Ah don't know bout" y'all, but Ahm' beat from that fight." Applejack said.

"What do you mean your 'beat' from that fight darling? Kirito and Asuna were the only ones fighting Gleam Eyes." Rarity stated.

"Ah meant the timber wolves Rarity." Applejack said allowing warm, friendly smile to come onto her face.

"I suppose so. I guess your right Applejack." Rarity said defeated.

"Hey everyone, I have an idea," Twilight began, "How about we all sleep here tonight?" Twilight had a huge sleepover planned.

"We should have like...ooh! A huge friend sleepover!" Pinkie suggested with her usual playful spirit taking over her tone of voice.

"That sounds like a great idea darling." Rarity complimented.

"Alright. Its settled then. Everypony pick a room, and regroup here when your done. Got it?" Twilight ordered in a friendly tone.

"Oh, and my room is obviously the only one off limits alright?" Twilight informed.

"Right!" The group answered simultaneously.

There were three halls to go down. AJ, and RD went down one hall, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie went down another, and Rarity went with Kirito and Asuna. Twilight stayed behind with Spike because she knew exactly where her room was. She watched her friends disappear into the never ending hallways with a warm smile on her face.

In the First Hallway

"So which room do you want Rainbowdash?" Applejack asked.

"Uh, duh, the biggest one in the hallway of course." Rainbow said in her usual tone of pride.

"But their all the same size." Applejack reminded.

"Oh. Right. I-I knew that!" Rainbowdash defensively said.

"Sure ya did." Applejack smirked.

And with that said, the two competitive friends eventually found two rooms right across from each other.

Second Hallway

"So um, Pinkie Pie. What do you think of our new friends?" Fluttershy tried to start a pleasure conversation with the over energized pink horse, but she wanted to ease into it.

"Oh, you mean Kirito and Asuna? I think their amazing! The way they fight is awesome, and their really funny too. I like them. What about you Fluttershy?" Pinkie fluently spoke, but no where near as fast as she talked when she was a lot more excited than usual.

"I think they're great friends, and that we could become better friends to them than we are now." Fluttershy said softly.

"That's great!" Pinkie responded.

They both found their rooms which was right next to each other, and made their way back to the living room talking about simple things that friends would usually talk about, and every now and again they would giggle and laugh at the other's stories.

Third Hallway

"So what do you like to do Rarity?" Kirito asked innocently. Asuna was just staring at the magnificent walls that resembled crystals, and took in the beautiful sights of the castle that she had past. She was always one to enjoy such a sight of beauty, and magnificence.

"Well, I like to make dresses and outfits for a living. I also like spending time with the others a lot, and helping them solve whatever problems they have. What about you?" Rarity answered.

"I like to play VRMMO's a lot. I also like to spend time with Asuna, and enjoy her cooking. Spending time with friends is important too though." Kirito said as he glanced over at his beautiful girlfriend with a loving smile, and immediately turned his attention back to Rarity.

"Wonderful darling. But I have one question: what are VR...MMO's?" Rarity curiously asked with a puzzled look on her face.

Kirito took a long hard look into his mind on how to explain it without making it complicated. Then, he found it.

"Well, VRMMO stands for Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online. That means that you feel like your actually in the game your playing, and you can play with other people on the same server. There's another genre for it called VRMMORPG's, but that's besides the point." Kirito explained starting to dangerously get into his nerdy-gamer side. Luckily, Asuna began to start paying attention to the conversation and stopped Kirito before he got to the point of no return.

"Oh. Okay. I don't know what 'people' or 'servers' are, but okay." Rarity said feeling guilty for not understanding a word he was saying. Asuna saw that look, and knew what it meant. When she did see it, she made her way over to Rarity and rested a hoof on her shoulder with a warm smile smacked onto her face, and shook her head meaning, 'don't worry about it.'

With that said and done, Rarity found a room not too far from Kirito and Asuna. Kirito was about to walk into the room without Asuna to observe it, but to his surprise, she trailed right after him.

"Asuna, you know this castle is big enough for all of us to have our own rooms tonight." Kirito said nervously as he raised both hooves in the air defensively with a blush rushing to his face. The memory of when he asked to stay at her house that unforgetable night in SAO bounced vigorously back to his ocean of a mind. And when Asuna revealed...things to Kirito, when she gave him that surprised and confused look, and when she punched him...hard. Oh, how he did not want anything similar to that to ever happen any time soon, or ever.

"I-I know! I just...wanted to sleep in the same room as you." Asuna said as her whole face turned bright red and her tone was a little...annoyed?

"But there's only one bed!" Kirito complained.

"Then you'll just have to make room for me." Asuna said in a 'I don't care' tone.

"Ugh. Fine, just don't get mad at me when you hear my extremely loud snoring." Kirito tried.

"Oh come on, I'm not stupid. You think I've never heard you snore before? Sure its loud, but I can still get a fairly decent sleep. So I don't wanna hear another word. Got it?" Asuna threw back.

Kirito let out a sigh in defeat, and pouted. They caught up with Rarity, and made their way back to the living room of Twilight's crystalized castle.

The Living Room

"Everypony here," Twilight began to scan the room, "good. Now let's get started. But let's ease into things." Twilight invited.

"Ooh! I know what we should do! We should get to know each other better! Let's start wiiiiiiiiiiith....hmmm. Oh! How about Kirito and Asuna!?" Pinkie suggested.

"Mhm." The other five ponies (and Spike) strongly agreed.

"Alright, but which one of us do you want to know more about first?" Kirito asked. As he said this, they all lay down on their bellies and held their heads high.

"Both of you at the same time silly!" Pinkie said.

"Uhm, okay. Well, just ask us any questions, and we'll try our best to answer them. Sound good?" Asuna tried.

"Yeah, that'll work." Twilight confirmed.

"Okay, ask away." Kirito said with pure calmness in his voice, and on his face. In fact, he was so calm, that it was starting to become a contagious disease among the group of friends.

"Where did you two meet?" Rarity asked politely.

"Let's see..." Kirito said as he worked off his brain to remember the first place he met Asuna.

"You idiot, you forgot already?" Asuna disappointedly protested.

"Ugh, your hopeless," she added, "me and Kirito met on the first floor of Aincrad, and formed a party for a boss raid." Asuna said as she just reminded herself that they had absolutely no idea of what she was talking about and found herself staring at dumbfounded faces all around the room (with the exception of Kirito).

"What do you mean...'boss raid' and what's...'Aincrad?'" Applejack asked confused. She just received a sigh that meant 'here we go' from Asuna.

"Well, a boss raid is-" Asuna began explaining what a boss raid was, and what it meant when you form a 'party' with someone (much to Pinkie's interest), and also what Aincrad was as Kirito was just watching as he patiently waited for her to finish her explanation (which took like ten minutes). Then, she finally finished and readied herself for another question as Kirito did the same.

After a long while of socializing, games, and activities, and jokes, the ponies went to their rooms without any hesitation. The only hesitation there was was when Kirito and Asuna were about to enter the same room that they would sleep together in.

In the Shared Room

Kirito took off his 'Coat of Midnight' in front of a tomato-red Asuna that stared in complete embarrassment and discomfort. As Kirito saw this, he blushed in the slightest almost forgetting that his infamous coat just so happened to be the only thing he was wearing. It didn't bother him as much as it bothered Asuna though because just about every pony he saw were wearing nothing but the skin on their backs, and the manes on their heads (and tails).

"Asuna?" Kirito nervously asked as he tried to keep a harder blush hidden by his bangs.

"Y-yes Kirito?" Asuna answered as she swiftly averted her eyes from viewing that sight in front of her with her left hoof blocking her vision of the stripped Kirito that was only a few inches away from her.

"I'm gonna..." Kirito tried to stealth his way over to Asuna's right side as he said this just to tease her, "get into the bed first so that you don't have to see me." Kirito finished off the sentence with a light whisper that was only a few centimeters away from Asuna's large, pony-like ear. With that she shivered and slightly flinched as she breathed in sharply.

"K-Kirito! D-don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Asuna scolded.

"Don't do what? This?"

Kirito's actions were fast (he was the fastest reacting player in SAO after all), and he constricted one of his brawny hoofs around Asuna's collar bone and neck area and Nuzzled her neck affectionately in order to tease her. As Kirito did this, he could see Asuna's eyes start to ease up and open up revealing innocent, hazelnut pupils that shimmered whenever they came in contact with any type of light. As Kirito continued his teasing, very soft moans had escaped occasionally from her throat which motivated Kirito to keep going. When she made a desperate attempt to escape his strong grip, that hinted Kirito to stop because that's all he needed to know that he had won whatever fight that was.

"What was all that?" Asuna shockingly, and a tiny bit angrily asked (she knew perfectly that she liked it when they teased each other like this though).

"All what?" Kirito mischievously wondered. He knew what she was talking about but wanted to see how far he could go with this.

"Y-y-you know! What you just did! You know how I feel about doing stuff like-like that!" Asuna blushed hard as she scolded Kirito for his actions.

"Okay, okay. I get it Asuna. I'm goin' to bed. Well, good night." Kirito said with a yawn to follow.

"Good. If I see you peak once I'll slap you." Asuna said nervously, but strong enough for Kirito to take her seriously.

Of course Kirito was too tired to really think about, or do anything else. He plopped himself onto the bed that was meant for one pony to sleep alone on. He yawned one last time as his head came in contact with the only pillow on the bed. That means that he would have to share with Asuna.

Asuna took off her 'KoB' uniform, and left her braid in because it would be extremely difficult to undo as a pony, so why even try? She gracefully got into bed, and just realized that there was only one pillow on the bed.

"Are you kidding me?" She asked herself scornfully.

She had to think of a way to get some of the pillow that Kirito was using without disturbing him. She saw that he was at least kind enough to leave her a half of the pillow (the pillow was fairly big, so no big deal).
With this, she softly, silently, slowly but gradually closed her eyes, and drifted off into deep sleep. At the same time (seemingly), the rest of the ponies had fallen asleep (as well as Spike). The stillness in the night was peaceful calmness that soothed the sleeping that was happening everywhere around Equestria. The tender, comforting touch of moonlight coming in contact with the Earth was the only light given to the creatures of the living, but it was enough as a breeze swept by houses in a smooth, everlasting air current that could not be disrupted for the sake of the calmness that was Luna's beautiful night that had gone unnoticed.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out, it's just that I have so much to do this time around. Again, I'm truly sorry for taking so damn long, but I promise that it won't ever happen again. Thank you, and good night. Stuffhappens89 out!