• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 1,428 Views, 61 Comments

Link Start! - UsefulRamen



Asuna and Kirito get trapped right after they thought it was over.

  • ...
5
 61
 1,428

The Real Conversation Begins

At the Train Station

"Thank you for coming girls. Sorry that it couldn't wait until morning." Twilight thanked, and apologized.

"Don't worry about sugarcube, we love helping a friend in need." Applejack said as a warm friendly smile crossed her face.

"Yeah! We're always ready for anything!" Rainbowdash declared.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get on the train already!" Rarity rather eagerly said. She was more interested in the less important thing: viewing Canterlot's elegance.

"Rarity's right! We should get going!" Pinkie said in her usually high-toned voice.

And with that, the six friends (including Spike) all entered the train car. The ride to Canterlot was very quiet due to the tired, and exhausted ponies that the train withheld. It was so silent that they could all hear the faint chugging and clanking noises the train made each time the wheels hit the track ever so harshly. The wind howled has brushed up against the glass panes that were train windows. The full moon that rested in the night sky provided a bit of light for the ponies. The clouds lazily rested in their same spots waiting for the pegasi to assign them to another place.

Soon enough, the train made a sizzling noise as it attempted to stop. When the train finally succeeded in the act, it woke the ponies that had apparently fallen asleep.

"I guess we're finally here." Fluttershy piped up.

As she said that, the rest of the gang yawned at almost the same time. As the train conductor walked through the door of the train car he yawned himself. Apparently his night had been interrupted by the princess too (though she didn't mean it (which he knew)). He called out that they were at their destination and almost fell. He had enough strength to stay up though. They all got off in a rather sluggish way considering they'd been sleeping almost the entire way.

"Well, *yawn* we should probably get going then." Twilight said with a tired tone.

They all agreed to that and walked sluggishly (it actually looked pretty funny actually) toward the throne room of Canterlot. Along the way, they could see Luna's night guards everywhere. They apparently seemed to be searching the great city. But for what?

In the Canterlot Throne Room

"I am truly sorry for interrupting your rest, but I happened to notice that you two have swords with you. Do you think you could possibly help us? I know it's a lot to ask, especially when you just got here, and I would understand if you said no." Celestia pleaded, she was almost begging for help (which is something she wouldn't normally do).

"*yawn* Me and *yawn* Kirito would love to-" Asuna slowly drifted off to sleep as she practically fell on Kirito (of course he caught her like he would always do no matter what).

"Asuna, wake up." Kirito whispered. When Asuna heard his voice, she snapped her head up, realizing what she had done, and immediately apologized for it (because yeah. She was really that tired).

"Sorry, as I was saying, *yawn* yeah. Me and Kirito would love to help you. *yawn*" Asuna tiredly accepted.

Asuna was actually so exhausted that she had fallen asleep and almost fell again, and Kirito caught her once again.

"Hey. Think you can stay awake for just a little longer?" Kirito lovingly asked. Apparently he was used to staying up at late times. Maybe that's why he always woke up so late.

"Mhm." Asuna hummed.

"Thank you. Thank you both so much." Celestia thanked.

As soon as she was done thanking the two sword weilders, Twilight and her friends walked in (or should I say dragged themselves in). Spike was peacefully sleeping on Twilight's back, and the others seemed pretty jealous of it though. Hearing Kirito's name did it though. Once he heard it, he immediately snatched himself up just to see his hero the blackswordsman.

Kirito and Asuna turned around to see where the new voices were coming from. Only one of them was familiar, and that was Twilight's. The ponies just stared at the two with tired eyes. Spike however sprinted to Kirito and started started asking him a whole bunch of questions that he never got to ask him before he left. He barely took the time to notice the tired look on his face, as he was too busy in his own world of questions that made it to reality. Kirito just watched him continue, and answered whatever questions he could. Then, Asuna walked over and Kirito introduced her. Of course, she was a bit angry at Kirito for introducing her at such a bad time and slightly hit the side of his shoulder.

When the introduction to Spike was over, the group of six ponies made their to Kirito and Asuna to introduce themselves. Celestia just sat in the background and waited patiently for them to finish.

Applejack, and Rainbowdash grew a little attached to Kirito. They were mainly interested in why he carries two swords around, and less with why he was wearing a cloak. Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Twilight all went to go meet Asuna, and talk with her for a bit. Rarity was admiring her 'KoB' uniform, and her hairstyle (so basically her looks). It was that of unique, and she had never seen it before. Twilight stared at her while she was deep in thought about something. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy pretty much bombed her with questions (it was mainly Pinkie who was asking most of the questions while Fluttershy just respectfully listened. She did ask a few though. It was actually amazing considering that they were all tired, but apparently never too tired to meet new friends (I guess)).

"Where did you get this remarkable outfit darling? You simply must tell." Rarity admiringly complemented. Asuna blushed a little in embarrassment, and kindly answered with a 'Thank You' and explained it.

"HimynameisPinkiePiebutmyfriendsjustcallmePinkiewhichyoucantotallydobecausewe'refriendsnowandyoulooklikeyouknowhowtohavefunsowecouldactuallybegoodfriendsandIalmostforgottoaskbut *gasp* what's your name?" Pinkie swiftly spoke to an un-ready Asuna. She could barely understand what the pink pony was saying. She did however catch the last part.

"My name is Asuna. *yawn*" Asuna answered.

"Don't worry about understanding Pinkie Pie. You'll get used to it soon." Twilight said as she patted Asuna's shoulder with a hoof.

"Hello, and what's your name?" Asuna softly asked. She was good with shy people (or should I say pony). Asuna was actually good with people in general (so you could say she's a people person (I guess)).

"I'm...Fluttershy." She silently answered. Fluttershy surprisingly was a lot less shy to talk to Asuna. There was something about her that made Fluttershy comfortable. It could just be the way she spoke to her, but she wasn't sure. Fluttershy could tell when someone's kindness was fake, and Asuna's kindness was real. It was almost as if she were more kindhearted than Celestia (which didn't seem anywhere near possible).

"As you probably heard earlier, my name is Asuna." Asuna said still softly speaking. She could tell how shy Fluttershy was by her body language.

"Are we ready to resolve whatever the problem is now?" Kirito rather tiredly asked.

"Ready as we'll ever be." Applejack answered.

As Celestia was getting ready to speak, the exhausted audience layer down on their stomachs in a listening position. Asuna and Kirito got really close together to absorb each other's warmth. To the rest of the girls' surprise, Asuna rested her head on Kirito's shoulder as he rested his head on the top of hers. They watched their love dovey behavior and their reactions were mixed.

AJ and RD were a little annoyed by it, Twilight just calmly watched, Rarity admired the sight of romance, Fluttershy just watched with a warm smile, and Pinkie wasn't even staring at them. She was lost in her own little world.

"Let's get started. Shining Armor was attacked by a strange creature while he was on his night patrols. Apparently it took him with it to wherever it was going. It overpowered the night guards, and almost ended their lives. Luna is trying her best to find it, and can only seem to catch glimpses of it." Celestia explained with a worried tone, and a stressed face. When Asuna heard this, her face changed to almost the same worried expression as Celestia.

"What did this creature look like?" Fluttershy curiously asked with pure fear in her eyes.

"It was tall, and a little muscular. The head was that of a ram's, and stands on two legs. It has sharp claws, and it's eyes glow red. I was also told that the creature had a snake for a tail, and carries a huge sword around. It wears golden bracelets, and necklaces. Luna and the guards are calling it The Beast With Glowing Eyes." Celestia explained the creature in detail. When she finished she could hear both Kirito and Asuna gasp at the same time.

With that they received confused looks from everypony in the room.

"Do you know the creature? Have you seen it somewhere?" Twilight asked with a hint of suspicion in her voice. Kirito let out a long sigh and began explaining.

"The creature your talking about is a monster. It goes by the name <<The Gleam Eyes>> and kills whatever it can on sight. I know because I fought it once, and almost lost my life." Kirito explained. When they heard this, they looked at him with a surprised look, and Asuna buried her face into his shoulder as she perfectly remembered what had happened that day.

"You did beat it though...right?" Spike asked believing that Kirito could not go done easily.

"I did, but it was really hard. The sword that Gleam Eyes uses is called a Zonbato. It was huge too. I defeated it with these two swords on my back using dual wielding." Kirito confirmed.

"That's so cool!" Spike and Rainbowdash admired in unison.

"We need to figure out where it is, and defeat it quickly before it harms anybody else." Asuna piped up with her strong, protective, 'second-in-command' voice starting to fight for dominance over the tired one.

The talk continued for about another thirty minutes, and abruptly ended. As soon as it did, Asuna and Kirito were the first to leave, and shortly after, the six mares followed.

Author's Note:

The funny part is, I was actually yawning myself whenever the characters yawned. I obviously wrote this chapter at night. I'm sorry if this one ended lamely, but that's the first thing to be fixed in the next chapter. One more thing, before you go, I'm officially announcing a release date for the start of the abridged series of 'Link Start!' on Friday this week. Tell me if you don't want me to do it. Vote for it in the comments, and I will be going by majority rules because that's just how voting works. If you didn't know that well now you know (idiot (just kidding)). StuffHappens89 out!