• Published 15th Sep 2015
  • 2,151 Views, 118 Comments

The lost one - The Lutece twins



A ponified human into alicorn goes to equestria due to a accident on a starship

  • ...
19
 118
 2,151

Chapter 4: Time in the hospital/The adoption

Nova gear snores slightly as a little bit of drool falls from his mouth as he slept. There were voices whispering outside of his door. He snorts as he rolls over on his side and resumes sleeping. The whispering continued for a time. Nova smacks his lips as he slowly opens his eyes. The door opens, causing him to look, and Nurse Read Heart walks in.

"I see you're awake. I don't mean to be a bother, but I have a few guests who would like to speak to you." She said. Nova tilts his head.

"Visitors? Well, let them in." He said.

"You two may come in." She said. Two stallions walked in. Both earth ponies with brown manes, but one was an orange yellow with a handle bar moustache, and the other a light blue with a monocle. Nova looks at them.

"How may I help you?" He asked.

"Yes, my name is Dr. Hoofington, and this is my college, Dr. Swartch. We are here to simply ask a few questions, laddy." The blue one spoke up. Nova nods.

"Go ahead." He said.

"How old are you, lad?" Dr. Swartch asked.

"I'm 17." Nova said.

"Ah! So you are a minor. I hear you aren't exactly from Equestria, and you've made peace with Celestia. Now that you are here, and a minor without a home, we'll need you to fill out this form." Dr. Hoofington said. He gave Nova a small packet of papers, held together by a single staple in the corner. "Just sign your name, age, date of birth, and things like that in the marked areas." He said. Nova gear does what he was told.

"This is to let us know that when you are discharged from the hospital, you will be staying at the orphanage." Swartch said.

"We're not sure if you're alright with that, but it's how things work." Hoofington said. Nova's eyes widen.

"Wait, what!" He yells.

"We can't let you be roaming the streets on your own homeless." Hoofington said.

"W-we are sorry if you don't exactly agree with this, but it's what needs to be done. " Swartch said, looking slightly nervous. Nova looks down and sighs.

"As soon as you are discharged, we'll be back to pick you up." Swartch said.

"We wish you the best of health," Hoofington looks at the signed form. "Mr. Nova Gear." He finished. Nova doesn't say anything.

"Sorry to bother you." Hoofington said. He gets up and leaves along with Swartch. Nurse Red Heart sighs.

"I know this must be hard on you. I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel..." She said. Nova still doesn't say anything and continues to look down as a tear falls from his face.

"Awe, don't cry..." She said, hugging him. He hugs back as more tears fall.

"It will be okay. I promise." She said. Nova sniffs.

"Thank you." He said. Nurse Red Heart nuzzles him.

"Now anything you need?" She asked. His stomach growls.

"Same thing as yesterday?" She asked. Nova nods.

"I would like that." He said. Red Heart smiled.

"Alright then." She said. She trots out of the room. Nova sighs as he looks around. The only sounds to be heard in the room were the ambience of the beeping heart monitor, and his slightly heavy breathing. He leans back and stares at the ceiling. He thought only of his father, since that was all he could think of. He felt selfish for leaving without his father, and had paid the price by watching him die, right before his eyes. A tear streamed down his face and cheek. Now he finds himself here, unable to get out of bed, with casts on his right foreleg and both hind legs, and his neck, soon to be shipped off to some orphanage home.

"I'm sorry...father. I... should have stayed." He muttered. Nurse Red Heart walks back in.

"Here you go! Hot and fresh!" She said as she set the plate down on Nova's lap. Nova sits up. "Enjoy!" She said. She nuzzled him and trotted out of the room. Nova eats in silence. Celestia appears at the door with Luna.

"May we come in?" She asked. Nova looks at her.

"Yes..." He said.

"If it isn't too much trouble, my sister, Luna would like to meet you." She said. They both stepped into the room.

"Yes, what is it that you would like to meet about?" He asked.

"My sister has told me a little bit about you and how you arent exactly from Equestria, and my interest had been peaked, so I asked if she could bring me to see you." Celestia said. Nova looks at Luna.

"So it was you that I've seen in my dreams." He said. Luna nods.

"It's nice to meet you face to face." She said, smiling.

"Ever since I saw you in my dreams, I always wondered who it was." He said.

"Tia also explained how you wound up here, and for that I am ever so sorry." She said. Nova looks down.

"I should have stayed with him." He said.

"No, you would have died as well..." She said. Nova sniffs.

"I have no one now. I have no family..." He said. Luna exchanges worried glances with Celestia. Nova starts to cry.

"Hey now, don't cry..." Luna said.

"He's lost everything, Luna. He needs to get it out of his system..." Celestia said. Luna sighs. Nova cries hard as he remembers everything. Luna gets on the bed with him and holds him close. He hugs and cries against Luna.

"Shh, now. It'll be alright." Luna said. She stroked a hoof along his mane, humming softly. He slowly stops crying until he is only sniffing. Luna smiles.

"There you go. Can you give me a smile?" She asked.

"I...I cant. Because...because I am going to be shipped off to some orphanage." He said.

"Oh, that's never fun..." She sighed. "Please try to be happy, though, okay?" She asked.

"I...I will try..." Nova said.

"Good." Luna said, hugging him tighter.

"Sorry for my silence, since Luna appears to have it covered." Celestia said. Nova wipes the tears from his face.

"Thank you. I... I needed to get that out." He said.

"I...I know this may seem sudden, but what if I were to adopt you? I know I'm not fit to be a mother, nor would I expect you to think of me as such, but just to keep you out of that place." Luna said. Celestia looked quite surprised.

"Are you sure about this, Luna? He would legally be your responsibility, and," She began.

"And you're gonna lock me away if I mess up?" Luna interrupted. "Celestia, We've been through a lot, I think I can take care of a child!" She yelled.

"I guess you do have a point. But it's up to him if he wants you to adopt him." Celestia said. Nova's eyes widen.

"Are... are you sure? I don't want to be a problem and be a distraction." He said.

"The moment I walked in, I was heartbroken to see you like this, and to see you cry, knowing you have lost everything, I can't see myself letting you go to that orphanage. I want to adopt you, Nova." Luna said.

"I... I don't know what to say, except this. I accept your offer." He said. Luna smiles and hugs him.

"I'll have the hospital discharge you and we can tell the orphanage I'm adopting you, and we can go home where I will take care of you." She said.

"That is very generous of you, Luna. I'll go fetch Nurse Red Heart." Celestia said. She got up and left the room.

"But it may take a while for me to get used to it." Nova said.

"That's just fine." Luna said. She nuzzled his cheek. Nova smiles and hugs back. Luna still holds him.

"I hope this isn't making you uncomfortable." She said. Celestia comes back with Nurse Red Heart.

"So, Luna decided to adopt you already? And she's requested you a discharged from the hospital, which I have taken care of already." Nurse Red Heart said. She pulled in a wheelchair from the hallway. Luna used her magic to levitate Nova onto it.

"Thank you kindly, nurse." Luna said. Nova uses his magic to levitate his bag and sets it on his lap.

"Thanks again, nurse." Celestia said.

"No problem!" Nurse Red Heart said. She smiled as Celestia teleported herself, Luna, and Nova out of the room and into her's and Luna's bedroom.

"Well, here's the bedroom." Luna said, giggling. Nova's mouth drops open wide as he looks around. There were white pillars along the purple painted walls around the room, a large arched grid window door which led out to a balcony, and a bed to either side. One had a yellow blanket and pillow with the image of a sun on them, with the other bed was a bit smaller, and had blue and purple covers and a pillow with the image of the moon. The floor seemed to be made of white marble, and decorative plants were spread about the room, giving it a vibrancy of colors.

"This is where me and Tia sleep, and there's a guest wings just down the hall where your room will be! Shall I show you?" Luna asked. Nova was still in surprise and couldn't say anything, but nods.

"Wanna go slow or fast?" Luna asked asked as she wheeled him out of the room.

"It doesn't matter. It's up to you." He said.

"Well, yeah, but I want my son to choose." She said, giggling a little.

"I guess we can go slow, because of my condition." He said.

"Alright." She said. She pushed him along at a walking pace, nuzzling his cheek as she did. As Luna pushed Nova, he looked around amazed at how beautiful the place is. He was going to look at Luna, when he heard the sound of clopping hooves running towards them. He saw a white unicorn with a blonde mane come towards them.

"Luna! I need your he-" The unicorn stopped talking as soon as he sees Nova gear. "Uh, who is he?" He asked.

"My son. I adopted him just moments ago, I'm taking him to see his room." Luna said.

"Well, um...that's...unusual..." The unicorn said. From what Nova could hear, he was a snooty pony.

"Like the wine on your suit?" She asked.

"That's exactly what I needed to talk to you about!" The unicorn said. Luna sighs.

"You should know how to work the washer, Blueblood." She said. Nova snorts with laughter at the sight.

"No, it's just-" Blueblood began to say.

"No? You mean you've suddenly forgotten how to use the washer?" Luna interrupted.

"My servants spilled this on me!" He yells.

"They're your servants. Your problem. Not mine. What'd you expect? For me to baby you and wash your clothes for you?" She asked. Nova couldn't hold himself as he bursts into laughter. Blueblood huffs, his cheeks turning red from anger.

"You are so impossible to talk to!" He yells, stomping off. Luna giggles.

"I love to mess with him. He's cute when he's angry." She said. Nova comes to a heavy breathing as he tried to catch his breath.

"I've...seen his...kind before. The snooty type." He said.

"Exactly!" She said as she ruffles Nova's mane. Nova smiles as he looks at Luna. Luna smiles back and wheels him into a room half the size of her's and Celestia's. There was still a balcony, and a bed large enough for two average sized ponies.

"I know it isn't much, but it's your to decorate how you please." She said. Nova nods.

"Thank you." He said. Luna levitates Nova into his bed. He sets his bag next to him as he lays down.

"I...I was wondering...if if maybe you'd want me to stay here and hold you again?" She asked, blushing. Nova nods.

"I don't mind." He said. She smiled and got on the bed and opened her forelegs for Nova. Nova hugs her.

"Thank you, Luna. I wouldn't have known what to do if I was sent to the orphanage." He said.

"I saw how stressed you were, and I just couldn't let that happen." She said, smiling. "I still remember what you looked like when you were a little boy." She said.

"Yea, that was... that was before I lost my mother." Nova said, looking down.

"I wish I could have done something, but all I could do was watch over you, I've been watching over you since the day you were born. I just felt this strange connection, and didn't know really what it was. So up until now, I've been watching over you." She said. She began to tear up. "I saw the ship explode too, and your face when it happened." She sniffed as a tear slid down her cheek. "I'm just glad to know you're alive." She said. Nova wipes the tear away and hugs her.

"If only I was on that ship, I could have just teleported everyone out of there...but all I could do was watch..." She said, hugging Nova tighter. "Even if it meant the end of me, I would have tried to save your father." She said. Nova sniffs as a tear falls from his face.

"I miss him." He said.

"I know. I know you do." Luna said, kissing him on the head. Nova wipes the tears from his face.

"I... I would like to walk around when I'm feeling a little bit better. If it's ok with you." He said.

"Of course, Nova. Now, I know I adopted you and all, you don't have to go referring to me as your mother or anything. It would be flattering, but I'm not gonna make you. I hope you get better soon." She said. He smiles.

"Thank you." He said.

"I love you, Nova." She said. She held him still, gently stroking his mane. "I have since you were born." She said.

"I love you too. Thanks for helping me." He said.

"I will assume you are still tired, and maybe you'd want me to leave so you can nap?" She asked. Nova yawns.

"Yea, I could use a nap." He said.

"If you want I shall stay to comfort you." Luna said.

"I would like that." He said. Luna smiles.

"Alright, now sleep, my child." She said. Nova closes his eyes and soon falls asleep. Luna falls asleep as well. Celestia peeks into the room and smiles at the sight.

"Sleep well, you two." She said. She left and closed the door.

A few hours later

Nova gear has a smile as he slept. Luna laid awake, still holding Nova, wishing she could just take his pain. Nova yawns as he slowly opens his eyes. Luna smiles lightly.

"Wakey wakey!" She said, giggling. "Celestia made supper, so would you like to join us in the dining hall?" She asked. Nova yawns again as he nods.

"I would like that." He said. Luna levitated Nova back into the wheelchair and began to push him out of the room. Nova looks around at the beautifully made columns and widows of the castle. She nuzzles Nova's cheek.

"It's a blessing to me to have you here, Nova." She said.

"And the same for you to adopt me." He said.

"Anytime." She said. She kisses his cheek as the enter the dining hall. Nova looks around in amazement.

"We've got tons of everything so just pick what you want." Luna said. Nova sees a plate of pancakes and hash browns. He uses his magic to levitate some on a plate and levitates the plate to himself. Luna moves the chair next to hers out of the way, and pushes Nova into its spot. She then sat down and served herself some food. Nova could see that Twilight was sitting across from Luna.

"Um, Luna...who is he?" She asked.

"He's going to be staying with us. Luna adopted him." Celestia said. Luna nods and hugs Nova. Nova looks at Twilight.

"You don't remember me from the hospital, Twilight?" He asked.

"Of course I do! I was hoping to get a laugh or two out of you since you've been so stressed." She said. Nova suddenly had and itch on the side of his barrel. He uses his free hoof to scratch it, only to yelp in pain.

"Ow!" He yells. Luna gasps.

"Nova, are you alright?" She asked as she looks at him worried. Nova looks at where he scratched and sees stitches running alongside his barrel.

"That must be why. " She said, hugging him. Nova hugs back.

"It'll be okay." She said.

"Awe, that's cute. I feel like you're mothering him." Twilight said. Luna blushes, but only hugs tighter.

"That was the idea." She said. She kisses Nova on the head. "I've known him since he was a baby." She said. Nova takes deep breaths.

"Nova, honey, are you alright?" She asked. Nova nods.

"Yes." He said. Luna sighs in relief.

"Don't scare me like that!" She said.

"Nova, I think you've got a good caretaker on your hooves." Twilight said, smiling at Luna.

"Yeah...caretaker..." Luna said, shrugging.

"You'll be a great mother, Luna." Nova said.

"I can't be mother...I'm not fit for it..." She said.

"You obviously care for this boy, and since you've known him his whole life, I'm sure you'll be fine." Celestia said.

"I'm just his caretaker..." Luna said.

"Luna, you adopted me. That makes you my mother. I'm sure that you will do great taking care of me." Nova said.

"Adoptive mother..." She said, looking down.

"Hey, get a hold of yourself Luna. You adopted me, that makes you my mother. Now don't be sad and look on the bright side, you have a son." He said.

"You...think of me as your m-mom?" Luna asked. She looked at Nova with watery eyes. Nova nods.

"Yes, I do." He said. Luna hugs him tight.

"I promise to be the best mother ever!" She said. Nova hugs back.

"I know you will." He said.

"I love you, Nova." She said.

"I love you too, mom." He said. Luna smiles and sheds a tear.

"Awww." Celestia and Twilight said. Nova smiles. Luna kisses Nova on the head.

"Now let's eat, shall we?" She asked. Nova nods.

"Yep!" He said. Luna smiles as she eats. Nova smiles as he eats as well.

"I can't believe I have a son..." She said.

"Well, he's right here!" Twilight said. Nova laughs. Luna blushes.

"What's so funny..." She asked.

"Your expression." He said.

"Oh, heh heh." She said. She looks at Nova with a smile. "At least you're happy now...right?" She asked. Nova nods.

"Yep!" He said.

"I plan to keep it that way. Now what shall we do as our first thing as mother and son after breakfast?" She asked.

"Well, I can try and walk, if that's fine." He said.

"I know that, but I was talking about something fun! Maybe fishing! Guys like that!" She said.

"I guess I could give it a try, I haven't gone fishing in a while." He said.

"Yay!" She yelled, hugging Nova. He hugs back.

"Now I have to give you an embarrassing nickname." Luna said. Nova's eyes widen.

"No, please, anything but that!" He said. Luna giggles.

"How about My wittle Novie Wovie!" She said as she plays with his cheeks. Twilight giggles.

"That would be pretty embarrassing." She said.

"I think it's cute!" Celestia said. Nova gear groans in irritation. Luna hugs him. He sighs as he hugs her back. Luna giggles.

"I won't call you that when we're around others, okay?" She asked.

"Thank you." He said. Luna nuzzles him.

"No problem." She said. She sighs happily and hugs tighter. "I'm glad to be your mother." She said.

"I glad as well." He said.

"Now lets finish eating." She said. Nova nods.

"Let's." He said. Nova grins slyly.

"On my father's starship, I had the Nick name 'Black Hole' because I could never stop eating and I was quite fast at it too." He said. Luna giggles and whispers in his ear.

"Novie Wovie the black hole!" She whispered. Nova facehoofs.

"Now, we start in 3...2..1...GO!" She yelled. She pretty much shoved her face into her plate, quickly sucking down its contents. Nova does the same thing but with more ferocity, practically eating everything whole, except the plate. And finishes in a couple of seconds. He burps loudly. Luna finishes mere seconds after Nova.

"Well, you sir are a worthy opponent, but you cannot defeat NIGHTMARE MOOOOOON!!!" She yelled. She changed suddenly, and in a few seconds, she had sucked up everything in existence. She burped slightly. "Excuse mwah." She said. Nova bursts into laughter. Luna stared at the surrounding, or the lack thereof, since they were now floating in space.

"Uh...lemme fix this..." She said. Her horn lit, and with a pop, everything turned back to normal. "So... I WIN!" She yelled. Luna cheered as she changed back to normal. "How many points do I receive!?" She yelled.

"From my perspective, all of them. And if I may ask, what was that?" Nova asked.

"What was what?" She asked.

"That other form you changed into." He said. Luna looks away.

"Oh...I don't really like explaining that..." She said.

"Don't beg her either." Celestia said.

"Oh, uh, okay, I won't ask if you don't want to talk about it." He said.

"Now, how about we go fishing!?" Luna yelled. Nova nods and slowly gets out of the wheelchair.

"Be careful!!" She yelled. She helps him stand. Nova grabs Luna and slowly stands to full height.

"Thank you." He said.

"No problem. I don't want my little boy falling down on me." She said.

"Well, I wouldn't call myself little." He chuckles. He looks down at Luna.

"True, true, but you're still my little boy!" She said, nuzzling his neck. Nova smiles. Luna looks up at him smiling.

"Think you can walk." She asked.

"I think I can." He said.

"If you fall over, you're grounded." She said, giggling. Nova chuckles.

"Okay." He said. He slowly limps forward, his legs shaking from not walking for a while. Luna stays at his side to support him. Nova slowly but surely, he limps normally. Suddenly his legs gave out and he falls. Luna catches him.

"That's one week." She said. She giggles and helps him up. "I'm just kidding" She said.

"Sorry, my legs fell asleep from not moving in a while." He said. Luna smiles.

"It's to be expected, honey." She said. He slowly walks again, slower this time. "Novei Wovie." She said, giggling. Nova notices other ponies stare at him. He ignores them as he stretches his wings.

"I've always wanted a son, you know." Luna said. Nova looks at her.

"And I always wanted a mom." He said.

"Well, no I'm your mom, and you my son." She said. She kisses his cheek. "And I love you very much, Nova." She said.

"I love you too, mom." He said. He was about to say something else, but he bumps into a pony, causing him to fall. He looks at who he bumped into and sees that it was Blueblood. Blueblood grunts.

"Watch where you're going!" He yells.

"Hey, you can't yell at my son!" Luna said.

"You ADOPTED him! He is NOT your son!" He yells. Nova stands up and towers over Blueblood. He leans in close to him.

"What did you say?" He asked.

"You. Are NOT. Luna's. SON!" Blueblood yells. Nova gear unfolds his wings and has a pissed off look.

"How, DARE YOU!!!" He yells so loud, that it shakes the entire castle. "YOU DARE SAY THAT LUNA IS NOT MY MOTHER AFTER SHE ADOPTED ME!!!" He yells, leaning in closer to Blueblood.

"I dont dare, profane child. It is the truth!" Blueblood yells.

"Blueblood, I expect you out of the castle immediately." Luna said.

"Mutanny! That this is!! Mutanny!" He yells before storming off. Luna sighs and tightly hugs Nova.

"I'm sorry, he's quite stuck up...please dont let him get you down. You will always be my son." She said. Nova starts to go through a coughing fit.

"Man, that hurts the voice." He said in a dry raspy voice. He hears hooves coming towards them. He looks and sees Celestia and Twilight running towards them.

"What happened, we heard yelling!" Celestia said. Luna was softly crying as she held Nova. Nova continues to cough as he leans against Luna.

"What's wrong Luna?" Twilight and Celestia asked. Nova breaths heavily.

"Bl...Blueblood." He said.

"What did he do?" Twilight asked.

"Said Nova isn't my son..." Luna said in a shaky voice. Nova rubs his throat.

"Ow, that hurt." He said. Luna cries into Nova's chest.

"Where did he go?" Celestia asked. Nova points in the direction that Blueblood went.

"That way." He said.

"I...I know im not really your mother, but...I...I wish I was...then you wouldn't have gone through so much pain..." Luna stuttered. Celestia runs off down that hall. "I'm sorry, Nova!" Luna yells. Nova hugs Luna.

"Shhh, it's ok." He said. Luna cries softly. Nova hugs Luna as he hums a sweet, yet sad song.

"A-am I a good mother?" She sniffed. Nova looks at her.

"Of course you are." He said.

"Okay." She said. She leaned onto Nova. "Thank you." She said. Nova smiles.

"No problem." He said. Luna smiles and gazes up at her son.

"Shall we go fishing now, my son?" She asked. Nova nods.

"Yes." He said. Luna drapes a wing over him as they walk.

"I never thought I would ever be a mother..." She said.

"Well, here's your chance." He said. Luna nuzzles him.

"I plan to make the most of it." She said as they walked.

TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

Another day, another chapter. Enjoy. :pinkiesmile: