• Published 4th Sep 2015
  • 2,770 Views, 59 Comments

Tales from a displaced Wizard - shenadri

  • ...
14
 59
 2,770

Magic 01. Arrival

After cramming ourselves in a old, red Kia, Erick saluted me, also praising the costume, and we were off the con.

"Dude, I still cannot believe that you make a decent Wizard" he says between bites of a homemade sandwich while driving, "ah mean, George and I were doing our costumes together because we wanna go together as a team, but still, too awersome job..." the rest of the phrase get lost between munches, he was wearing a white full body costume with four heavy bands in his arms and legs, each one with a diferent symbol, a square, an X, a triangle and a circle, each in a different color, he also has a belt buckle and driver with slots for different switches and, finally, his helmet was in the passenger seat, he also had spent a lot of money getting his hands in all the replicas and master toys of his kamen rider, in this case, Fourze.

"Then i'll guess" I said interrupting him, "that our colorfull friend will go as Meteor" George is dark skinned, but we usually say that he is "colorfull and full of life", it was part of his charm, I guess.

"Yup, got in one man, speaking of other things though..." Erick begin, looking pleadingly to me in the rear-view mirror.

"I know, I know, I just got your anniversary edition card, give me a sec..." Other big hobby of us is collectible card games, but we only spend in Magic the gathering and Yu-gi-oh!, and after a recent shopping spree, I just get a contact who was really interested in getting us things directly from Japan.

"D-do you mean that you got it?" Erick turn around, his eyes sparkling, I mean, seriously, SPARKLING

"Dude, fuck off, eyes on the road!" I half yelled, dude this guy is going to kill us someday, besides me, a paler looking Oscar was thanking God allmighty that we are still alive...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Con was ok, I guess, first day and all that, but still we got a lot of attention due to the good job that we do on our costumes, George went all out, and a very good, (and very flashy) Kamen Rider Meteor Storm was waiting for us near the parking lot.

"Finally, I was tired of waiting for... Michael that you?" he asks, giving me an appraising look, "Dude, you totally nailed it the costume, this is going to be soo damn awersome!" he was wearing a blue spandex with concentrical circles in all of it, little gold knee caps, gold shoulderplates and the starlight face helmet, he was the only one of us that hasn't have to build the helmet, due to his work as a flight assistant, in one of his previous visits to japan, he was lucky enough to find a store and bought the helmet there.

"Yeah yeah I know, prety awersome and all that, but lets go gents, it's... SHOWTIME!" I said, striking the trademark pose from Wizard, my left hand near my helmet, the fire ring facing the crowd, all of my friends applauding the near look-alike Haruto Soma do his catchphrase and characterization.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while, we split up, since the start, Wizard was attracting more attention that Fourze and Meteor, due to the more 'mature' looking rider, anyhow, near noon, all that I could think off was getting something to eat, as I approached one of the scattered food stands, a little place in a corner caught my eye, a shady guy dressed as the merchant from resident evil 4 was on it, unsure (hell I have read a lot of fics and this guy rings a bell) I approach, but before that the guy comes closer, a glint in his eyes.

"Got sumthin' that might interest ya', stranger" he states, hissing in the voice from the character he portraits, rummaging in his coat, he brings out an honest to god replica of the gunsword from wizard and a couple of weird rings, having collected almost all of them, I didn't recognize the pattern in the ring shiny surface, however, one thing that put me behind my fellow friends, was the lack of the characteristic weapon that Wizard had.

"How much" I asked, looking the toy weapon and the rings

"for you, stranger, only 20 dollars" he says, now I was kind of trown out of the loop, sure, the replica was very good, for selling it to such a low price.

"and the rings?"

"They come with the weapon," He promptly answers, looking straight at me with a piercing glare, "so, are you taking my offer or no?"

Dude, this guy surely wants his sale, "Sure, why not," I said, shrugging my shoulders and taking the toys from the man.

"Good luck, Stranger, you will need it" he says, before going out to his stand.

After a while, I feel something weird before fainting on the spot, but something caught my eye before the blackness, I could swear I saw a brilliant portal thingie, just like the ones whenever my character uses the 'conect' ring, apears below me.

after all that, only darkness...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside Canterlot gates

The first thing I see when I regain consciousness is that I'm lying on the outside floor of a city , leaning on my hands , I got up slowly , trying to remember where I was before, but something stranger stopped me in the middle of the task.

My hands are now claws!

True, they are not the typical claws that can be seen in reptiles, seemed more like the claws of a bird , very carefully , I began to check my face, only to find it completely changed, apparently , also I have a short beak instead of my lips, and I can feel fur between my fingers , after that , staggering , I got into the city itself, one of the shops had mirrors facing the street , so I could finally see what state I was in, resolved some of the mystery about my changed appearance.

standing there , wearing a black jacket hanging from his shoulders , a black shirt , worn jeans and red tennis, a griffon was staring back , his expressive golden eyes showing surprise. "Why the hell am a griffon " I said , looking more attentively my apparent new body, my plumage instead of gold or brown seen in other birds of prey , is a dull gray , contrasting with my white coat as I could see in the broken parts of the jeans and under the jacket.

Anyway , my inspection stopped abruptly when a piercing scream made ​​me turn around, and a more absurd hallucination (if this is a hallucination ) appeared in front of me.

A humanoid pony came running in my direction, his unkempt mane and tail flailing in the wind, absolute horror plastered on her face , behind her, another humanoid figure brandishing a long spear came walking , that second humanoid make my blood freeze.

A ghoul , one of the enemies from my character (I guess one of MY enemies now) was coming towards us , it's spear reflecting the dim rays of the eclipse that was crowning the city, the pony instinctively crouched behind me, I downed my hands , claws, whatever they were, one of them resting on my waist , where a belt with a buckle of a black hand framed in gold, looking at the belt like an idiot, the cry of the pony behind me was the only thing that saved me from a lance blow , rolling forward , put my other claw in the jacket pocket , finding a ring , getting it out and checking it under poor light , my heart pounding , the familiar symbol of the hand on the surface of the jewel made ​​me smile.

"I do not understand what is happening right now, but apparently , you, Ghouls have no sense of time, I just woke up out of this city, and I will not allow you guys to do more damage !" putting me the ring on my left paw , I touched the belt.

"DRIVER ON, PLEASE!"

finding the levers that moved the entire system of the hand , making the hand would bias toward the right side of my body , I turned to look at the ghoul , finding the flame ring, this time I put the ring on my right hand , preparing myself to the transformation.

"SHA BA BI DO TOUCH HENSHIN,SHA BA BI DO TOUCH HENSHIN, SHA BA BI DO TOUCH HENSHIN..."

"Henshin" I quietly said, resting my right claw on the belt

"FLAME, PLEASE!, Hi-Hi, Hi-Hi-Hi!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIRD PERSON PoV

while a contingent of guards were being led by Shinning Armor, was trying to find and rescue the ponies as fast as possible, when suddenly, a little tug on the ambient magic caused the veteran captain of the guard to turn his head, upset by this, he began to go to the source , when he got there, his eyes did not believe what they were seeing on the scene, a strange man dressed in a black coat , red and silver all in his costume, was fighting to defend a mare that was half crouched behind some debris , the female, which was also watching the confrontation, was with her mouth open.

" What is happening here "the white stallion yells , making all the combatants to switch to him, stopping briefly the fight.

" Do not worry, " the mysterious figure said, after a while "I 'm here to keep your hopes alive, besides , it's showtime!" before returning to the fight with renewed vigor .