• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 4,378 Views, 20 Comments

The Redemption of King Sombra - DrewCarriker6231993



King Sombra, revived and full of remorse, starts looking for redemption. Can he make up for what he did, find acceptance, make friends, or find love?

  • ...
8
 20
 4,378

Chapter Nine: Sombra's First Hearts and Hooves Day

Chapter Nine: Sombra's first Hearts and Hooves Day

It was Hearts and Hooves Day and couples, family, and friends were getting together all over. Yykees and Zecora were taking a walk in the park, Big Mac and Cheerilee were having a picnic in the same spot they met, and Fluttershy and Easter were happily feeding fishes, birds, and turtles. Applejack just gave Apple Bloom a cowpony hat similar to hers but smaller. Apple Bloom gives her an apple covered with three kinds of chocolate on a Popsicle stick and they both hugged and nuzzled. Rarity have just given Sweetie Belle a sparkly pink dress with red and whites hearts and Spike a sparkly purple suit and top hat. Sweetie Belle gives a white mug with a photo of Rarity saying #1 Sister and was decorated with gems on the top, bottom, and the handle while Spike gives Rarity a sapphire necklace he made himself. Before Rarity could do anything a water balloon splashes next to Rarity! It was Scootaloo riding on Rainbow Dash's back with a new slingshot. They both laughed, then Scootaloo gives Rainbow Dash and a clay rainbow. Rainbow Dash wraps one arm around her and they both hugged. Maud Pie arrives at Pinkie Pie's house carrying a box and enters. As if she was expecting her Pinkie Pie runs towards her and hugs her. Maud slowly returns the hug and gives her the box. Pinkie Pie eagerly opens it and takes out heart shaped chocolate chip cookies, and in return Pinkie Pie gives Maud Pie a jackhammer with a pink ribbon wrapped around it. Maud Pie smiles and they hugged again.

Flash Sentry, with a bouquet of flowers and a red heart shaped box full of chocolates in his saddlebag. He saw Twilight Sparkle exit her castle and approached her. "Hello Twilight...." she looks over to him and blushes.

"Oh, hello Flash. Happy Hearts and Hooves Day!"

"Happy Hearts and Hooves Day to you too. These are for you...." Flash takes out the bouquet and heart shaped box full of chocolates. Twilight takes the bouquet and box, looks over them and smiled.

"They're lovely, thank you!" Rainbow Dash flies to the castle with Scootaloo on her back in full speed and bumps into Twilight, causing her and Flash Sentry to kiss by accident! They both pulled away and blushed madly. "Oh, I'm sorry! I.... I....." she was at a lost for words.

"No, no, no! It's alright, really...." Flash assured her.
Sombra's Castle

Sombra was watching everything through his crystal ball; watching it was like watching a love movie. "What is this Hearts and Hooves Day?" Luna appeared in the room.

"You ready to go?" Sombra looks at her and smiles.

She's getting more beautiful every day.... he thought to himself. "Yes, I'm ready...." Luna spreads out his wings and flies out the window while Sombra uses his magic to follow her to Ponyville.
Canterlot

They landed by the river and sat down on a bench, not expecting anyone watching them. Discord was watching the whole thing through the Celestiascope, "Awe, the perfect Dark Couple...." he said wiping the tears from his eyes. Luna rested her head on Sombra's shoulder as he wrapped on arm around her. "This touches my black heart....."

"Evening Discord!" Celestia greeted her friend. "Did you polish my crown?"

"Yep, you like it?"

"Yes, I do. What are you watching?" Discord sighs happily.

"Luna and Sombra. They look so good together....."

"Discord, remember our talk...." Discord steps back from the Celestiascope.

"Yeah, I know...."

"By the way, I have something for you...."

"A present? For me? You really shouldn't have!"

Celestia chuckled, "Follow me." they walked into a room Discord stays in when he's invited over to Canterlot.

"A piano?! Come to papa!" he flew over to it, dresses in his tuxedo and sits down at the piano. He cracks his fingers and knuckles and starts playing Fur Elise, "This is fantastic! Thank you Celestia!"

"I'm glad you like it...."

"Like it? I love it! Oh, I left something in your room, too!"

Celestia heads to her room, opens the door and gasps. In her room was a statue of Celestia made out of many different kinds of gems and diamonds. Celestia hugs Discord, "It's beautiful, thank you!"

"Don't mention it, it took me all night to build it but...." Celestia kissed Discord's lips. He was tense at first but he relaxed. After kissing they looked at one another.

"Happy Hearts and Hooves Day Discord...."

"Happy Hearts and Hooves Day Celestia...." they stood there hugging one another for about a minute. "You know Celestia, don't get mad, but I couldn't help doing some eavesdropping on Luna and Sombra. Before they left the castle I overheard Sombra asking what is Hearts and Hooves Day. So I asked myself, 'how can we teach him?'. Then it came to me in a flash!"
Back at the park

Flash Sentry and Twilight Sparkle were walking down the park when they spotted Luna and Sombra sitting down together on a large blue blanket looking at one another. "Awe, can you feel the love?" Flash asks Twilight.

"Tell me my dear, Hearts and Hooves Day is all about love isn't it?" Luna nods an yes.

"Yes Sombra, and from what I have learned Hearts and Hooves Day is the day we share our feelings with one another and exchanging gifts...."

Suddenly paper hearts started raining down on them. "What the?" Sombra looks up and sees Discord dressed up like cupid and sprinkling hearts from a basket. "Hey, could you cut it out?" Sombra asked a little annoyed.

"Cut out more hearts? No problem!" Discord got out a red poster board and a pair of scissors and cut out a big heart and a hole in it and stuck it around Sombra's neck laughing. Luna put a hoof over her mouth and tried not to laugh, but she couldn't help it.

"Very funny...." Sombra groaned taking the heart off.

Discord laughs while flying in a heart shape, and he began singing: "Hearts and Hooves Day is a Holiday, when ponies show love and generosity, and oh the flowers and chocolates, the sweet smells just carry you away." He points to a young couple nuzzling one another, a unicorn on his knees proposing to his girlfriend, and Bulk Biceps showing off his muscles to some mares. "Young lovers kiss and nuzzle, some lovesick may show off their skills or maybe their muscles, and the lovebirds sing, and dance and later nestle, confessing love sounds hard but it's actually child's play!" Pink, red, and white hearts appeared around Discord as he makes chocolate fall from the sky. Luna catches one in her mouth, chews, and swallows it. Sombra takes one in his hoof, smells it and gives a look of disgust before tossing it aside. "Hearts and Hooves Day! When chocolates becomes so, so sweet! It tastes really good, it's the way it should, even if it melts in the heat! Hearts and Hooves Day! I think I hear wedding bells toll, it only takes two, to make it so true, I can sense your heart is whole....." Sombra and Luna walked through the park when Discord stops them and shows them wedding pictures from Shining Armor's and Cadance's wedding. Sombra then imagines himself and Luna getting married. "Is that a smile I see, Romeo?" Discord asks snapping his fingers. Sombra and Luna found themselves in a wagon and Discord pushes them and the wagon hits a rock and sends them flying and they landed safely on a heart shaped cloud Rainbow Dash pushed. "If you go down the hill and lose control, but you are not alone, that you can't withhold, you take to the air and land on a cloud with the heart you stole, and floating in midair's half the fun!" Discord falls from the sky, breaks the cloud and the three start falling. Discord whistles and a dragon catches them. Discord, now dressed like a horse racer, drives the dragon as Pegasus couples joined Discord:

"Everypony! Hearts and Hooves Day! When chocolates becomes so, so sweet! It tastes really good, it's the way it should, even if it melts in the heat!" Discord makes chocolate fall again and one falls into Sombra's mouth and he swallows it.

"Hm, not bad...."

Luna giggles, "What did he tell you?"

"Hearts and Hooves Day! I think I hear wedding bells toll, it only takes two, to make it so true, I can sense your heart is whole....." Discord then leads some ponies in doing the conga. They stop and the males turned around and gives the females flowers. "You can dance like a fool as much as you desire, from Ponyville to the Crystal Empire, but you'll find this love anywhere together, even under Celestia's sun...."

"I think I finally get this love. It all comes from the heart, does it not?" Sombra asked Luna as she smiles at him.

"Exactly...." then they joined Discord and the others. All together they sung:

"Hearts and Hooves Day! When chocolates becomes so, so sweet! It tastes really good, it's the way it should, even if it melts in the heat!" Hearts and Hooves Day! I think I hear wedding bells toll, it only takes two, to make it so true, I can sense your heart is whole....." They stood on a stage and everypony threw roses and cheered for the trio.

Discord bows, "Thank you! Thank you! Happy Hearts and Hooves Day everypony!"
The Crystal Empire

Shining Armor leads Cadance, wearing a blindfold, to the center of the Throne Room. "Okay, stop! You can take off the blindfold." With her magic she removes the blindfold and then she gasps. A replica of the Crystal Heart, only five times bigger, was in the center of the room.

"Shiny!"

"Happy Hearts and Hooves Day my love!" they both kissed. "My happiness is so complete that I just had to make this for you."

"Oh, Shiny...." they kissed again and embraced. Once they let go, Cadance looks up at him with a smile. "It's beautiful...."

A guard, who was watching this, approached them with a smile, "Did you tell him?" he asked Cadance who gasped.

"Tell me what?" Shining Armor asked. Cadance looks back at him and smiles.

"I wanted it to be a surprise. Shining Armor we're..... we're....." she gulped, but Shining Armor smiles at her and holds her hoof.

"We're what?"

Cadance takes a deep breath and spoke quietly, "We're going to have a baby...." with a surprised look on his face Shining Armor faints. He wakes up with his wife looking down at him, "Are you okay honey?"

Shining Armor rubs his head, "How long have I been out?"

"For about five minutes." she helps him stand up.

"What did you say before I fainted?"

"We're going to have a baby!" they both laughed and embraced.

"That's wonderful!"

"We're going to be parents! Oh, I love you Shining Armor!"

"I love you too! Wait until Twilight hears about this!"
Canterlot

Sombra and Luna were walking down the road to the castle. "Best date ever!" Luna told Sombra.

"I know, I've never felt so giddy before...."

"How does it feel to you?"

"Why, it feels so swell! Especially when I'm with you, my dear...."

Luna blushes, "Oh, Sombra. I.... I...." then the door opens. Celestia was the first to welcome them.

"Welcome back little sister and Sombra, did you have a good time?"

"Oh, big sister! It was the best!" Luna looks back at Sombra.

"Yes, this sister of yours is the best thing that ever happened to me!" Uh-oh, did I say that out loud? he thought.

Luna gasps, "Oh, Sombra!" she rushed forward and kisses Sombra on the lips. His eyes opened wide, but he relaxed and returned the kiss and closed his eyes. Celestia's eyes started to tear up, but Discord passes a hanky to her. After she dries her eyes Discord wraps one arm around her while watching the perfect Dark Couple share their first kiss.

After kissing, Sombra smiles, "That..... was something....." was all he could say. Luna giggles and starts towards the door.

"Good day Sombra...."

"Good day Luna, sleep well....." he turns into a shadow and disappears. Luna sighs happily.
Sombra's Castle

Sombra reappears in his room. "Another best day of my life...." he sighs happily. He looks over to the egg, which started moving. Sombra approaches the egg and examines it with his horn, "It's getting stronger......"
Sweet Apple Acres

Pinkie Pie and Maud Pie were at the entrance. "You're gonna like him!"

"If you say so...." Pinkie Pie looks at one of the apple tree's and see's Bandit use his hind legs to kick the tree.

After the apples fell in the baskets, Pinkie Pie calls out to him, "Hey Bandit!"

Bandit looks over at Pinkie Pie, "Howdy Pinkie!" he answers.

"Can you come here? I'd like you to meet my sister!" Bandit trotted over to them. "I'd like you to meet Maud Pie! The one I told you about!" Pinkie jumps up and down.

Bandit lowers his bandanna, "Howdy...."

The two started staring at each other with their emotionless eyes. "So, you're Bandit...."

"Yep, I never met a mare like you Mud Pie...."

"It's Maud Pie...." she takes out her pet rock, "And this is Boulder...."

"I had a pet rock once, but I lost it in the river when I was twelve...."

"You didn't keep him in your pocket?"

"Nah, I used to keep things in my hat...." Bandit tips his hat and puts it back on.

"This is great!" Pinkie Pie said to herself while watching the two talk like they were old friends.

"I heard you grew up on a Rock Farm...."

"That's right...."

"I grew up in a desert, and the rocks down there are really hot. Perfect for lizards and for critters who live under rocks, I might add, and the desert cools down at night...."

"All the rocks back home come in many different smells, shapes, sizes...."

"Smells, huh? I reckon you can't name them all?"

"Yes, I can...."

Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Pinkie Pie were watching them. "I'd never seen your sister so talkative...." Applejack told Pinkie Pie.

"That's why I thought the two would be good together! You know, their personalities." Pinkie replied.

"I reckon it'll be a beginnin' of a beautiful friendship for them." Apple Bloom said.

"Hey, you want to see how to use a jackhammer?" Pinkie asked before they looked back at Bandit and Maud who were still emotionless.

"You're a mighty fine pony...." Bandit told Maud.

"You're okay yourself...." she replied. Then they heard a jackhammer acting up. They looked over and saw Pinkie Pie on Maud's new jackhammer! She was shaking up and down on the tool.

"T-h-a-a-a-a-a-t f-e-e-e-e-l-s g-o-o-o-o-o-d!" she said while shaking. Apple Bloom and Applejack laughed.

"What in tarnation is she doin'?" Bandit asked.

"Just being herself...." Maud answered. Then she lost control of the jackhammer and it crashed into something! The Apple sisters made painful faces.

"OUCHIES!!!" Pinkie yelled. Maud, Bandit, and the Apple sisters rushed over to her.

(Song: Hearts and Hooves Day) Parody of The Lion King 2 Simba's Pride song: Upendi

Author's Note:

My family and I exchange gifts on Valentine's Day. What do you do on Valentine's Day?