• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 4,377 Views, 20 Comments

The Redemption of King Sombra - DrewCarriker6231993



King Sombra, revived and full of remorse, starts looking for redemption. Can he make up for what he did, find acceptance, make friends, or find love?

  • ...
8
 20
 4,377

Chapter Thirteen: Comedy Show

Chapter Thirteen: Comedy Show

Fluttershy was feeding fish and turtles while humming when she heard something in the bushes. She turned around and a purple colt with a blue mane and tail, and green eyes, juggling balls cutie mark, and dressed like a clown in white and polka dots jumps out. "Ahhh!" Fluttershy falls backwards.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" he trotted over to her. "Are you alright?"

"Why, yes. Where did you come from?" Fluttershy got back up.

"I'm a traveler trying to make ponies laugh. You can call me Polkey Dots." the colt replied.

"My name is Fluttershy, nice to meet you Polkey Dots." she said politely.

"Would like to see some of my tricks?"

"I love too!"

The little clown takes off his hat and different colored balls fell out. He stood on one of them and began juggling the other balls while balancing on it. While he was entertaining Fluttershy some ponies were watching them carefully. "Now's our chance!" one of them whispered.

Polkey Dots threw the balls in the air and he held out his hat. He managed to catch all the balls in every direction and then bowed. "That was very good!" Fluttershy said clapping her hooves. Then suddenly some stallions also dressed up like clowns grabbed her! "What?! Oh no, HELP!!"

Polkey Dots looks down sadly, "My apologies miss...." then he moved aside. Then a white stallion walked out of the bushes. He had blue eyes, red clown nose, pink cheeks, green mane and tail, red lips, his Cutie Mark was three smiley faces, and a rainbow striped suit with a carnation. He smiled an evil smile and showing his teeth.

"Who are you? What do you want with me?" Fluttershy asked quietly, very scared.

"Just to make you laugh...." he answered taking out some yellow powder and he blew it.

Fluttershy sniffed it, "It's smells sweet, but....." she gasps and then starts laughing uncontrollably. This clown's henchponies let go of her and she falls on her back laughing.

"Have a funny day!" the clown laughs maniacally. "Let's go boys!" the stallions leave.

The colt stays behind for a minute and says to the laughing Pegasus. "Please forgive me...." then he follows the others.
Friendship Rainbow Kingdom

Fluttershy was strapped to one of Twilight Sparkle's machines still laughing. Papers came out of another machine as Twilight examines them. Spike walks in, "Hi Twilight!" he see's Fluttershy, "What wrong with her?"

Still focused on the papers she said, "Fluttershy is laughing endlessly. I'm trying to find out why. Hmm, it appears that she inhaled a laughing powder...." Twilight concluded.

"Hey, I think I read something about laughing powder! Be right back!" Spike leaves the room and comes back with a book.

Twilight took the book with her magic and read out loud, "Laughing Powder: a sweet smelling powder that makes whoever smells it laugh for the next twenty four hours. Twenty-four hours?! There's got to be a cure!" she goes through the pages, "Two Antidotes for the effects of the Laughing Powder: have the victim look at somebody in the eyes of somepony who has no sense of humor, or have a the victim drink the Weeping Potion."

"The Weeping Potion?" Spike asks.

"Yes, it's a potion that can make ponies cry."

"I kinda go with somepony who has no sense of humor."

Twilight nodded in agreement, "Now, where can we find such a pony?" she thinks for a moment and gasps.

She and Spike both yelled in unison, "Maud Pie and Bandit!"
Sugarcube Corner

Maud Pie, Bandit, and Pinkie Pie were standing in front of the store. "It's a shame you have to leave...." Bandit said.

"Yeah, but I'm needed back at the Rock Farm...."

Pinkie Pie hugs her, "Please come back soon!"

"I'll try..."

"Maud Pie!" Spike yelled running towards them. He stops speaks while trying to catch his breath, "Huh.... huh.... Twilight needs you at the castle right away!"

"What's the matter?" Maud asked, showing no concern.

"It's.... it's Fluttershy!"
Friendship Rainbow Kingdom

"Let me get this straight: If Maud and I look at her in the eyes she'll be cured?" Bandit asked.

"Yes, because you have no sense of humor, no offense." Twilight explained and felt remorseful at the last part.

"Non taken...." Maud replied.

"Alrighty then, let's give it a try...." Bandit suggests standing in front of Fluttershy, who is still laughing up a storm. Maud stands next to him and they began staring Fluttershy down. And within moments Fluttershy stops laughing and begins breathing heavily.

"It worked!" Twilight yells pressing a button and made the machine let go of Fluttershy. She laid there on the floor breathing very hard. Twilight runs up to her, "Are you alright?"

"Huh..... huh..... yeah..... huh..... those clowns..... huh.... huh..... did this to me....." Fluttershy said panting and wheezing.

"Clowns? What clowns?" Twilight asked before Fluttershy fainted.

"Varmints dressed up like clowns and usin' laughin' powder to make others laugh? What'll they come up with next?" Bandit asked putting a tooth pick in his mouth.

"I don't think we want to know...." Maud replied. Twilight used her magic to carry Fluttershy to a nearby couch.

"Whoever they are, we need to stop them!" Twilight said.

"Twilight! We have visitors!" Pinkie Pie yelled. She came into the room with an orange mare with a rainbow mane and tail, rainbow diamond jester costume and hat, jester baton with a pony head, a saddle sack, her Cutie Mark was a different colored jester hat, her face had clown make up except her lips, her cheeks were pink, she had a red clown nose, and her eyes were green and with her was Polkey Dots.

She walks up to Twilight and bows before her saying, "Do not be alarmed! My name is Lolo, and this is Polkey Dots. We are here to warn you. If you please gather the others and I'll tell you what the Clownz Gang is up to...."

After the Mane Six and Spike got together in the throne room, Lolo sat in the center. "Lolo, tell us what this Clownz Gang is up to." Twilight ordered.

"Yes your majesty. But first I'd like to apologize for what the leader and the others did to your friend...." Lolo said with guilt in her voice.

"It's alright. It was mean of them to do that to me, but I have to admit it felt kind of good laughing that much...." Fluttershy said smiling at the jester.

"If only he knew what kind of pain it can cause others if they laugh for hours...." Lolo said putting her head and ears down sadly.

"Who?" Applejack asked.

"His name is Hecko...." Lolo told them.

"Hecko?! The comedian?!" Pinkie Pie asked getting excited.

"Yes, he's planning on using his Laughing Powder to make everypony in Ponyville laugh....." Lolo replied.

"Why would he do that, dear?" Rarity asked.

"It's a long story...." Lolo replied.

"Tell us! Tell us!" Pinkie Pie yelled jumping up and down.

"It's no laughing matter. Haha, I just made a joke!" she laughs. Everypony and Spike just look at her. Lolo sighs, "Just my sense of humor, sorry." she takes a deep breath and began: "Back when Hecko and I were teenagers we used to be successful comedians. We started working together for a few months, and as the time passed I was drawn to Hecko. We fell in love eventually. A few happy years later we were invited to perform in front of a big crowd. Seeing this as a big opportunity we agreed. We had our jokes and puns all written down, but Hecko was overconfident; he chose not to study them. When that big night came we succeeded in making many ponies laugh and then.... then....." Lolo starts crying.

Rarity takes a hanky and hands it to her, "What happened dear?"

After she dried her eyes she continued. "We we're half way to the finale when we decided to tell the funniest joke of them all...."

"So what went wrong?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Hecko forgot the punchline!" Lolo yelled crying again. After she blew her nose she went on, "Hecko messed up and we got booed off the stage...."

"I'm so sorry to hear about that...." Fluttershy said quietly.

"That must have been rough!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah, getting humiliated is never fun!" added Pinkie Pie.

"So what happened next?" Applejack asked Lolo.

Lolo sighed, "It still upsets me. After that humiliation my beloved Hecko became very bitter and obsessed with making ponies laugh in any way possible. Over the years I watched Hecko's bitterness grew. I tried to talk him out of it, but he won't listen. I reluctantly helped him form a gang of clowns. Calling ourselves the Clownz Gang we traveled and eventually came across a book somepony dropped. It was full of recipes for powders. Hecko looked through it and found the recipe for the Laughing Powder...." she shakes the saddlebag and the book fell out. "I was able to steal it from Hecko so I can give it to you for safekeeping...." she takes the book and gives it to Twilight Sparkle.

She uses her magic to read the book, "This is incredible!" she said.

"He plans on making a comeback in the center of Ponyville. He made me talk to the mayor and she is a fan of Hecko, so she agreed to help us. When she is done with her speech she'll let Hecko take over and try to make everypony laugh. And when he gives the signal the Clownz Gang are going to unleash the Laughing Powder!"

"How thoughtless!" Rarity yelled.

"Do you know where the Clowns are going to be hidin'?" Applejack asked.

"Yes, two of the Clown Pegasi are going to be hiding in the clouds; Two Unicorn Clowns are going to be standing around the stage; and two Clown Earth Ponies are going to be in the crowd disguised. We better hurry because the mayor will giving her speech any minute! Follow me!" with that they all ran out of throne room.
Center of Ponyville

The mayor stood on stage in front of the crowd with a red curtain behind her. "And now I would like to introduce you to the legendary clown and comedian, Hecko the Clown!"

The curtain opened and Hecko came out as everyone cheered. The mayor moved aside to let Hecko stand in front of the microphone. "Greetings Ponyville! Hecko is back in town!" he yelled and then laughed maniacally as the crowd cheered louder. Once they quieted down Hecko said, "You know, it's been a while since I performed in front of stage. I hope I ain't to rusty. You still want me to try?"

"YEAH!!" the crowd yelled.

"Okay, if you insist!" he smirked. "You know, just the other day I went to get a haircut. While the barber was trimming my mane two patrons came in with some kids. The kids we're playing and I heard one of them said, 'You know, I got something stuck in my head....' and then I asked, 'Your hair?'" then the crowd started laughing. "Then he said 'No, this song I've been hearing...' and then I asked, 'How are you hearing a song? You're not wearing headphones!'" that made the crowd laugh harder. "Then the barber said, 'Hey CUT it out!' and I answered 'I hate it when someone CUTS me off!" while the crowd was laughing he thought to himself, I'm feeling some sort of deja vu....

Lolo and the others arrived. "Good, he didn't release the powder yet. I'll try to bide some time, you all get rid of the Laughing Powder in any way you can." they all nodded and went their own ways.

Hecko then spots Lolo, "Mares and Gentlecolts please welcome Lolo the Jester!" Lolo walks up the stage as the crowd cheered for her. Lolo bows before going to Hecko's side. "Where have you been?" Hecko whispered.

"I was spreading word about your comeback.", she lied.

Hecko smiled, "You did a very good job." then he turned his attention back to the crowd. "Say Lolo, do you remember when we visited my grandparents house?" he asked.

"Why yes, they loved talking! Speaking of conversations, how do you start a conversation?"

"Well, when it comes with grandparents I start out with 'Hey, wake up!'" the crowd laughed again. While Hecko and Lolo were making the crowd laugh Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy managed to take the bags of Laughing Powder from the Clown Pegasus while they weren't looking.

"I also saw some applebuckers down at Sweet Apple Acres this morning. Did you see how happy she looked when she kicked those trees and made many apple fall into the baskets?" Lolo asked Hecko.

"Yeah, she really gets a KICK out of that job!"

Applejack heard that pun and laughed, "It's funny cause it's true!"

"I remember one time my brother dared me to empty out an apple tree just by kicking it." Lolo told Hecko.

"Did you do it?" he asked.

"Yeah, it was surprisingly easy to me! Once I emptied the tree I asked my brother, 'How do you like them apples?'" Hecko and the crowd laughed. "And there was that one time I asked my father, 'Do you like baked apples?' and he says 'Yes, why?' and then I yelled, 'Your apple tree's on fire!'" Applejack didn't really like that joke, but the crowd laughed.

Pinkie Pie, Polkey Dots, Spike and Applejack found the bags the disguised clowns were holding and took them while nopony was looking. Hecko whispered to Lolo, "Are you up to something?"

Lolo started sweating a little, "No, of course not. But I have been thinking: Do we have to go through with this? I mean, look at the crowd. We're making them laugh. Isn't that what you wanted to begin with?"

Surprised and unaware of the Mane Six, Spike and Polkey Dots are finding the bags he answered, "Thinking about it now, perhaps not. But there's no going back now....." Maybe she has a point, but I've come to far to not make everypony laugh! he thought. "Now we're going to move on to Q&A jokes. One of us asks the question and one of us answers. Hey, Lolo!"

"Yes Hecko?" "What sounds do porcupines make when they kiss?"

"I don't know, what?"

"Ouch!" Lolo and the crowd laughed.

"I got one! What did the big chimney say to the little chimney?" Lolo asked Hecko.

"Beats me, what?"

"You're to young to smoke!"

Hecko laughed, "That's a good one! Hey what did the egg say when he fell on his head?"

"I don't know."

"My NOGgin!" Rarity, trying not to laugh at his jokes, helped Twilight carry the bags of Laughing Powder that was hidden under the stage.

"Why did the orange stay in the sun?" Lolo asked Hecko.

"I don't know, what?"

"He wanted to be a TANgerine!" after all the bags were taking care of the Mane Six, Spike, and Polkey Dots joined the crowd.

"They're good!" Spike told Twilight.

"Where do Eskimo ponies keep their money?" Hecko asked Lolo.

"I have no idea, where?"

"In a snowBANK!" they all laughed.

"I got another one! What did the bench press ask the other bench press who had little or no weights?" Lolo asked Hecko.

"I don't know. What?"

"Did you lose weight?" again the crowd laughed, even Bulk Biceps.

Hecko then smirked, "Do it!"

Lolo nodded and got in front of the microphone, "I'm afraid that's all we have for now! There will more next time! Until then laugh it up!" the crowd cheered as they left. The henchponies finally realized their Laughing Powder was missing.

One of them went to Hecko, "Sir, the Laughing Powder's missing!"

"WHAT?! Who would..... LOLO?!" He turned towards Lolo and saw the Mane Six, Spike, and Polkey Dots behind her. "How could you?" Hecko demanded as he walked towards her angrily. Twilight Sparkle stood in front of Lolo to defend her, "Oh, y-your highness!" Hecko and his henchponies bowed down.

Lolo knelt down to Hecko, "I asked them to help because what you were going to do was wrong." Lolo said.

"Did you ever stop to think what kind of pain you could've caused?" Twilight Sparkle asked him.

Still grovelling Hecko said, "No. I never thought making them laugh would hurt anypony...."

"Think about how they would've felt if they laughed against their will. And when they stop laughing in the next twenty-four hours they would have a hard time breathing, or maybe worse...."

"I had to catch my breath after all that laughing....." said Fluttershy.

Hecko looks up at them, "I never thought about that. All I wanted to do is make others laugh; I didn't want to hurt them."

Twilight Sparkle smiles, "Look around you." Hecko gets up and see's the crowd still laughing, "You've made them all laugh, even us. And you didn't need powder for that."

"Y-you laughed at our jokes?"

"Of course we did, you the stallion!" Spike replied.

"You're not going to punish us?" Hecko asked again.

Twilight shook her head, "Because of the rough time you went through, no. And since you made us laugh and kept us entertained I'm willing to give you an opportunity to use your skills."

Hecko couldn't believe his ears, "You do that for us?" he asked in a surprised tone of voice.

"Yes, just don't forget to study!"

"Yes your majesty." then he looks over to Lolo, "Why did you do what you did to help me even though I was a big jerk?"

Lolo trotted up to him and held his hoof with her hoof, "I did what I did because I couldn't bear seeing you punished or become worse because of hurting all those ponies. But the number one reason for making me do it is...." she took a deep breath and said, "I love you...." then she wrapped her arms around Hecko, "I love you so much!"

Hecko was stunned for a second but he wrapped his arms around her too. "I.... I love you too.... please forgive me....."

"I have already...."

Polkey Dots nuzzled with Fluttershy before he joined Hecko and Lolo. "Is he their son?" Pinkie Pie asked.

Hecko and Lolo heard this and went up to them, "No, but we're planning on taking him under our wings. Isn't that right Polkey Dots?" Lolo asked kissing Polkey Dot's head.

A small stage was set up close to the Cafe. The rest of the Clownz Gang, Hecko, Lolo, and Polkey Dots decided to stay in Ponyville and happily stood on that stage doing everything they can to make everypony laugh. And when there was a circus, carnival, festival, party, any special events or a place in need for comedians or clowns they were all there. And Hecko never forgot to study his lines and he promised to never use Laughing Powder unless for emergencies. Hecko and Lolo even adopted Polkey Dots as their son. Polkey Dots became close friends with Wild Forrest and the CMC and started hanging out with them and going to the same school as them. Polkey Dots, being a prankster too, sometimes hung out with Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. And Hecko, for the first time in years, felt so good.

Author's Note:

I thought of the name Hecko from the word heckling. And while I was thinking about what to name the jester and I guess one of my favorite girl names Lola, and some other clown names like Bobo, Jojo, or Bozo came to my head and I thought of the name Lolo. I thought of the name Polkey Dots from Polka Dots.
The Joker and Harley Quinn inspired me to make Hecko and Lolo. Hecko, unlike The Joker, turns good. Lolo was always a good mare and supported Hecko like Harley Quinn would support The Joker, but Lolo was reluctant and never turned bad.