• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 4,377 Views, 20 Comments

The Redemption of King Sombra - DrewCarriker6231993



King Sombra, revived and full of remorse, starts looking for redemption. Can he make up for what he did, find acceptance, make friends, or find love?

  • ...
8
 20
 4,377

Chapter Twenty: Starlight, Star bright....

Chapter Twenty: Starlight, Star bright....
Sombra's Castle

Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Shining Armor, Flash Sentry, Spike, the Mane Six, Treehugger, Moondancer, Eclipse, Easter, Hecko, Lolo, Sheriff Bandit, Yykees, George, Count Appula, Zecora, Spectra, Rose, Daisy, Lily Valley, Filthy Rich, Bulk Biceps, Maud Pie, Trixie, Gilda, many familiar faces, and the citizens of Our Town were all seated in the throne room like it was a courtroom. "Who's getting sued?" Rainbow Dash asked Twilight who shrugged her shoulders.

"You'll never guess who's going to be the judge!" said Pinkie Pie.

Then a gargoyle looking creature passed by and notices the Royal Sisters, "Celestia? Luna? Is it really you?" he asked.

Celestia gasped, "Scorpan!" the sisters left their seats and the creature hugs them both.

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes?!"

"What are you doing here?" Luna asked.

"You're the famous Scorpan?!" Rainbow Dash asked getting all excited.

"Scorpan? As in Tirek's brother Scorpan Scorpan?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Yes, that's me." he answered. "I've heard much about you six. Don't tell me what you are, let me guess. You, you're Princess Twilight Sparkle?"

She nodded, "Yes, but please call me Twilight. Nice to meet you!"

"You, no doubt about it, are Pinkie Pie."

Pinkie Pie jumped up and down, "Yep! Yep! Yep!"

"And you, you're Applejack?"

Applejack shook his claw, "Howdy partner!"

"You must be Rainbow Dash."

"Well, he guessed it!" she told the others.

"You, gorgeous one, are Rarity?"

"Oh, darling! Yes I am."

Then he looks over to the quiet Pegasus who turned her head and blushed, "Awe, you must be Fluttershy." he said in baby talk, making the others laugh or giggle.

"Yes, I am..... nice to meet you...." she said quietly.

"You're kind of cute when you act like that and talk quietly." Fluttershy blushed more at the compliment.

"And I'm Spike!" the little dragon jumped up.

"Oh, Spike the Dragon? Hm, no offense but I thought you would be taller...." Scorpan said taking a good look at him.

"Hey!"

"And you, you're Twilight's brother Shining Armor I presume?" he asked as he held out his claw.

"Yes, I am. Pleased to meet you Scorpan." Shining said shaking his hand.

"And you're Princess Cadance?"

She giggled, "Yes..." she extend her hoof then Scorpan held it and kissed it.

"You're more beautiful in pony...." then he see's the baby, "Alexandrite?" he asked receiving a nod from Cadance. He started tickling the baby's belly making him giggle, "Goochy goochy goo!" then he turned his attention towards Eclipse. His jaw dropped and his eyes opened wide. He went over to her with hearts in his eyes, "Hello beautiful as the starlit sky...."

Eclipse turned her head and blushed, "I'm.... my name is Eclipse.... nice to meet you...." she said as she extend her hoof and Scorpan held it and kissed it.

"Likewise. You're too much...." he whispered.

"Very charming...." Eclipse replied.

Then a stallion played a trumpet and Sombra entered and sat on his throne. Scorpan stood beside Sombra as the trumpet player stopped and said, "Bring the prisoner forward!"

With that two of Sombra's guards with shackles around their necks linked to a mare's shackle. Her hooves and horn were shackled. She struggled and tried to get free as the guards escorted her to the front. She also tried to use her magic, "The shackles and chains are magic proof so don't bother trying." one of the guards told her.

Everypony all looked, even the Mane Six. "Starlight Glimmer?! No way!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

Once Starlight was in front of Sombra, one of the guards pushed her, "On your knees!" he yelled.

"How dare you! Ouch!" she yelled before dropping to her knees. She turned her attention to King Sombra. She gasped and started shaking in fear. Then Discord came in wearing a judge costume and wig and sat down at a table.

He took out his hammer and hit the table twice getting everypony's attention, "This court is now in session!" the small crowd quieted down. "Eclipse, you may read the charges." Discord said as Eclipse got up from her seat with a piece of paper.

She cleared her throat and read: "Starlight Glimmer, former leader of Our Town, you stand before this council accused for manipulation of many ponies, making them believe that having a Cutie Mark is evil, taking away their Cutie Marks, attempting to do the same to Equestria, taking away the Cutie Marks of Princess Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy, and recently attempted on taking King Sombra's magic so you can use his powers for evil!"

Once she has finished reading the crowd talked and muttered to each other. "Order!" Discord yelled and hammered the table again. "Double Diamond, please come up here." Discord ordered. The stallion walked up and sat down next to the table. "You've known Starlight Glimmer for some time?" Discord asked.

"Yes your honor, and it's true about what the charges say." he began. "She did strip us of our Cutie Marks. We all fell under her evil influence until Twilight Sparkle and her friends showed us the truth about Starlight Glimmer, and about friendship. Of course, if weren't for Starlight Glimmer I wouldn't have had the friends I have today...." he said looking over to the Our Town citizens who smiled at him.

"Very good, please return to your seat...." Discord told him.

"How do you plead?" King Sombra asked Starlight.

Starlight Glimmer gulped and looked around her as she sweated; some of the citizens of Our Town and the others looked at her with anger or sadness. "I.... I did what I did, but I had my reasons!" she said.

"And what reasons would that be?" King Sombra demanded.

"Because I believe that 'True Friendship' comes from being equal."

"Please explain..." Sombra ordered.

"The only way of being equal is being no more or less than another and having special talents only leads to disharmony. So to be equal I stripped them of their Cutie Marks so we can all be alike, your highness...."

King Sombra turned into a shadow and went over to Starlight who felt like she was going to faint as his face showed out of the shadow. Some of the other pony's looked scared or nervous too. "You little fool...." he said. "We don't have to look alike to be equal. As a matter of fact we are all equal even though we have our differences. There's more to friendship besides having Cutie Marks, and because the way you are and your foolish beliefs you'll never learn the true meaning of friendship and you'll be alone for the rest of your days." Starlight looks down sadly after he finished. "Does anypony have anything to say before we pass judgment?" Sombra asked turning to his normal form, but everypony remained silent.

Celestia, Luna, Eclipse, Cadance, Shining Armor, Spike, and the Mane Six huddled together and spoke quietly. After a few minutes Fluttershy handed a paper to Discord. "This trial finds you, Starlight Glimmer..... GUILTY!"

"Ouch...." George said before Discord continued,

"For doing such evil deeds, taking away Cutie Marks, and trying to steal King Sombra's powers I hereby sentence Starlight Glimmer to labor. However, since you helped Double Diamond and the others become friends and we'll allow only Twilight Sparkle, her friends, Sombra's servants can help you. And until she is fully reformed and she fully understand the meaning of friendship King Sombra will strip her of her powers and Cutie Mark as a taste of her own medicine, and she will not be allowed to leave King Sombra's Kingdom!" Discord hammers the table twice, "Court adjourned!"

"WHAT?! NO! NO!" Starlight yelled as the guards restrained her and made her look into Sombra's eyes. Sombra's horn and his eyes glowed. Starlight screamed in distress as her powers left her and went into Sombra's mouth. Once her powers were gone her Cutie Mark vanished too. Once Sombra finished absorbing her powers he felt himself get stronger.

"Throw her in the dungeon and put her to work tomorrow morning." he ordered the guards who saluted.

"Yes sir!"

The guards had to carry her since she felt drained and passed out. The dungeon was not really a bad place; like the whole kingdom it was clean, crystal blue, and shiny. Even the bars were crystal and shiny. The guards came to a room that had a blue rug, a queen sized bed with a blue blanket and pillow, a Crystal Ball, a bookshelf full of books of different kinds, a door leading to a restroom, and a brown desk with a lamp, piles of papers, a journal, and some pens. One of the guards opened unlocked the cell, removed the shackles and chains, and laid her on the bed. After leaving a bucket of berries by the bed they locked the cell again and left.

"Boy, I never thought Starlight Glimmer would be getting sued!" Rainbow Dash said while the ponies were leaving the room. "Fancy seeing you here Trixie! You going to perform magic tricks for King Sombra?" Rainbow teased.

"Ha ha, very funny. I've actually improved!" she said throwing a smoke bomb and 'disappearing'. Rainbow Dash and the others looked around and then Trixie fell on top of Rainbow Dash!

"Oof!!"

"Maybe I should practice a little more...." Trixie said getting off of her, giving her a hoof and helping Rainbow up. "Thanks for breaking my fall Rainbow Dash."

"Why I oughta!" Rainbow started towards her but Pinkie Pie and Applejack restrained her as Trixie laughs.

Fluttershy giggles and notices Twilight Sparkle looking sad, "What's wrong?" she asked.

"I feel bad because King Sombra had to take away Starlight's magic, not to mention her Cutie Mark...." Twilight replied.

Rainbow Dash, breaking free, flew towards her, "She had it coming, I say!"

"How else will she learn?" Trixie asked.

"I also feel bad because she never had friends, and as a result she doesn't know anything about friendship...." Twilight said with a sigh, "And yes she brought this on herself, but I think it's a little harsh...."

Celestia wrapped a wing around Twilight, "It may seem harsh, but Trixie is right."

"I'm right! The Great and Powerful Trixie is right!" they all looked at her, and she blushed.

Celestia continued, "Starlight Glimmer has to learn from her mistakes...."

"Sometimes things have to be learned the hard way, and I should know...." Discord replied placing an arm across Celestia's shoulders.

"If only my brother could understand...." Scorpan said to himself.

"Maybe you're right. At least we get to help her...." Twilight said grinning a little.

"It won't be easy, but I'm confident we'll succeed in changing her...." Easter said smiling.

"What's with the wig?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"It goes well with the costume, you should try it on." Discord said snapping his fingers and a wig appeared on Rainbow's head and a mirror appeared before her. "What do you think?"

Rainbow, looking annoyed, said, "I look like a dork...." then Discord snaps his fingers again and Rainbow was in a judge costume. "HEY!" Discord then covers his mouth while laughing.

"It actually looks good on you!" Pinkie said laughing.

Applejack snickered, "Proceed your honor!" she yelled before laughing.

"Cut it out!" Rainbow yelled then they all started laughing, "It's not funny!"

Double Diamond, Party Favor, Sugar Belle, and Night Glider approached King Sombra and bowed, "Our Town seeks a leader, sire. And we believe you're the perfect leader. If you please, lead us." Double Diamond said.

King Sombra scratched his chin and thought about it for a moment and said, "It'll be an honor."

"Thank you, sire." Diamond thanked while bowing his head.
Sombra's Beach

The children who came along some parents or guardians were all playing on the beach; Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, with sunglasses, were on towels under an umbrella sunbathing; Scootaloo, Babs Seed, Twist and Sweetie Belle were making sand castles; Polkey Dots was entertaining some of the kids and adults by balancing on a ball and juggling anything that's thrown at him; Rapper Mouth was rapping away while walking on the beach, and many others were swimming or playing ball. Wild Forrest was teaching Apple Bloom how to swim without her floaties.

"Sombra is very lucky to have an island of his own...." Silver Spoon said while putting on sunscreen.

"Yeah, it's beautiful!" Diamond Tiara replied.

Silver lifts her sunglasses, "Young couple at twelve o'clock." she said. Diamond looked too and saw Apple Bloom with her arms wrapped around Forrest's neck and his arms wrapped around her waist as he kept himself and Apple Bloom above water. The two smiled at each other and Forrest looked at the ponies crossing the big magic bridge and many Pegasi flying. While he was looking Apple Bloom kissed Forrest's cheek causing him to look back at her and blush.

"Did she just do what I think she did?" Diamond asked Silver.

"Yes, she did. Ew!" then water with ice cubes poured on top of them. They both screamed and then shivered.

"Oh my gosh!"

"Brrrrr!" Diamond and Silver yelled as they looked back and saw Guitar Emo jumping up and down laughing. The two got up and started chasing after the punk.

"CANNONBALL!" Discord, out of his judge costume, yelled falling from the sky and into the water, splashing on most of the ponies. Then he started floating on his back. Eclipse started swimming with some of the kids on her back while Scorpan was in an inner tube. One of kids got on Eclipse's head and jumped into the water. Fluttershy and Easter began feeding fish, gulls, and turtles. Rarity got out a towel and a tanning reflector board and began sunbathing. Bulk Biceps was lifting a weight with some kids sitting on it. Spike, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Hecko, Lolo, and Trixie began playing volleyball with some other ponies. George was sitting on top of a banana tree with bananas in his arm and throwing away banana peels on the ground. Rainbow Dash was racing Soarin and Gilda around the island. Shining Armor, Cadance, with their baby Alexandrite, Big Mac, Cheerilee, Twilight Sparkle, Flash Sentry, Count Appula, Rose, Yykees, Zecora, and many other couples went on walks. Celestia, Luna, and Sombra walked out of the castle.

Luna was leaning against her fiancé as they all watched the others leave or go to the beach. "How long has Scorpan been here?" she asked.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Scorpan was flying through a storm...."
Flashback

Weeks ago Scorpan was flying on his way to visit the Royal Sisters when he was struck by lightning and knocked unconscious. He washed up on Sombra's island and the guards found him. They took him inside the castle and the servants started nursing him back to health. After he recovered days later he bowed to the king, "For saving me I owe you my life, from this day forth I swear loyalty to you...." he said. Scorpan started working for King Sombra and he quickly became King Sombra's right-hoof creature.
End Flashback

"He been here since." Sombra finished.

"Scorpan always had a sense of loyalty since he turned good...." Luna said.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Celestia asked.

"Must have slipped my mind, sorry." Then there was the sound of rap music. They all looked and saw Rapper Mouth holding a microphone.

Dancing to the rapping music he sung: "The sound of waves, the feeling of salty wind. The sun is hot, and the sand is warm. A perfect place to relax and unwind. When there is no problems, no strife, or no storm. The Beach Rap, yeah!" Some of the ponies came up close to listen and some danced as Rapper Mouth sung: "Don't forget to put sunscreen on you skin, or you'll get a sunburn, and that's not fun! You can play sports or games with no lose or win, collect seashells one by one! Go for romantic walks, or spend time with friends and kin, you can have all sorts of fun until the day is done! The Beach Rap, yeah!"

"That kid's good." Sombra said.

Luna took his hoof, "Shall we?"

"I bet you know the answer, my love." together they flew to the beach.

"Wait for me!" Celestia yelled joining them.

Three fillies wearing hula skirts and coconuts danced behind Rapper Mouth as he continued singing: "Sit under a palm tree to relax under the shade, but be careful to not let a coconut fall on your head! Sunbathe in the sand, drink sweet lemonade, workout in the sun, get your sweat to shed! Have ice cream, cook on the grill, make castles, or bury yourself in the sand, go waterskiing with a parachute, now that's mad skill! You can even feed the animals on this land. Go swimming in the sea, see what's under. If you're lucky you'll see a merpony. Their singing and beauty is a wonder, If she falls in love, you'll never again be alone. There so many fun things on the beach, traveling and many imaginable things, I guess that does finish my speech, so have some fun on the Island of the King! The Beach Rap! Yeah!"

The crowd applauded as Rapper Mouth and the hula dancers bowed. Many through flowers at them. Sombra walks up to him, "Excellent! Excellent young one!"

Rapper Mouth bowed to him, "Thank you your highness, It's what I do! If you like I can sing for you!"

Sombra chuckled, "That's very nice of you, but there are other places waiting for somepony as skilled as you to sing for them." Rapper Mouth smiles at him after he said that.
Starlight Glimmer's Cell

She had woken up and was watching the whole thing from the Crystal Ball. Her eyes began to tear up, "They're having fun without me...." she then looks at the Cutie Marks of the ponies on the island. "So many different Cutie Marks. So many different and are friends...." she began to cry then she fell on the bed.

"As Sombra said: you don't have to look alike to be friends my lady." one of Sombra's unicorn guard said overhearing her.

"Unless if you have a carton of ice cream, I don't think I'm in the mood...." Starlight said. The guard's horn glowed and an opened carton of ice cream with a spoon appeared beside Starlight Glimmer. As soon as she saw this she used the magic she had left to lift the spoon and scoop out some ice cream. "What do you want?" she demanded putting the ice cream in her mouth.

"I heard everything during the trial, and I was told that you never had real friends in your life...."

"Tell me something I don't know." Starlight said angrily.

"My name is Sir Stonehorn. I pity you, I really do my lady. And I feel, and I'm not the only one, that thinks you need a friend. So King Sombra ordered me to keep an eye on you, help you, and do anything to make you more comfortable here."
Down the beach

Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry were sitting on a rock surrounded by water watching the waves go back and forth. Twilight rested her head against Flash's shoulder and his wing wrapped around her. Just watching the and hearing the waves was all so relaxing. "Do you think Starlight will be alright?" Twilight asked, still concerned about her.

"If Princess Celestia says so." he replied.

"Hey, Flash Sentry? Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, anything for you."

"We were given permission to visit Starlight, especially friends so I was wondering if you can come with me and help me during our visits."

"Sure, I'll help in any way I can."

Shining Armor, Cadance, with their baby were walking down the beach and spotted Twilight with Flash Sentry having another conversation. Shining started not feeling good. "Honey, what's the matter?" Cadance asked then she saw that he was staring at Twilight and Flash Sentry, "Honey, you shouldn't worry about them; Twilight is old enough to make her own decisions and Flash Sentry is a really good Pegasus. He wouldn't do anything to harm her."

"That may be true, but still...."

Then Flash's lips and Twilight's lips got closer until they kissed. Rainbow Dash, Gilda, and Soarin were watching the whole thing from the sky, "Awe, can you feel the love?" Soarin asked.

Gilda wrapped her arms, "Mushy...."

Rainbow looks down and see's the look on Shining's face, "Uh-oh, enter the overprotective big brother...." she said. Shining was about to scream when Cadance covered his mouth and motioned him to follow her. Twilight and Flash looked back for a moment and then back at each other then they hugged. Rainbow Dash flew down and landed behind them, "Hello!" the couple screamed and they both fell in the water. "Oops...." Rainbow chuckles while scratching the back of her head.

They both swam back to shore. "Rainbow!" they both yelled.

"Ah, don't worry! I got just the thing to dry you off!"

Twilight immediately knew what she was talking about, "No, no, no!"

The Pegasus circled around them in a rainbow tornado, "My very own Rainblow Dry!" Then she landed, "No need to thank me, you're very welcome!" then she see's what she did to their manes and tails. Rainbow just couldn't help it; she laughed it out. Soarin and Gilda looks at them and they start laughing too.

"Thanks for ruining the moment...." Twilight groaned as she and Flash left the laughing trio.
Friendship Rainbow Kingdom

"That was sooooo much fun!" Pinkie said bouncing.

"We should go to Sombra's Beach every day!" Sweetie Belle suggested as they all trotted in except for Flash and Twilght. The two kissed again before saying goodnight.

Flash left with Twilight watching him smiling. Spike waved a claw up and down in front of Twilight's face, "Uh, Twilight?"

"Yes Spike?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yes...." they both went back into the castle. Then Twilight gasped, "Oh, I almost forgot!"
Sombra's Castle

Sombra's eyes glowed, his purple aura got big, and his horn glowed as he gave a loud roar as he lifted the castle, his garden, and everything he owned on the island into the air and engulfed it in shadows.
Our Town

All the citizens of Our Town waited eagerly for their new king to arrive. Then a strong wind blew and an orb of shadows appeared in the sky as they gasped and some ran for cover. The shadow faded and revealed the castle as everypony watched in awe. The house that used to belong to Starlight and has been abandoned was tore down by Sombra's magic and created a big hole as the castle floated down and the bottom went into the hole. The gate opened and knights came out and formed two separate lines and held out their weapons in front of them. Two played the trumpets as Sombra came out and walked between the two lines. Once he reached the end the citizens whooped and cheered. Sombra raised his right hoof to quiet down the crowd, "Citizens of Our Town, you all have no idea how much this means to me making me your leader. As your King I will do my best to lead, and I promise that I will be good to each and every one of you."

The crowd cheered again, "Long live the King! Long live the King!"

"Thank you, thank you very much. And for accepting me I'll share my wealth with you...." Sombra said as his eyes and horn glowed. Diamonds, crystals, and gold appeared in every house in Our Town. "You may use what I've given you for whatever you desire, even rebuilding Our Town if you like." the crowd cheered again and a big party was held that night.

There was music, dancing, games, sweets, you name it. Sombra found himself enjoying the party in the middle of Our Town. Many of the children ran up to him and idolized him. Some of his knights and female servants made friends with the citizens and some have found love. Starlight was watching everything from the Crystal Ball; and even saw how Sombra moved his castle. "Such power.... and King Sombra.... is the new leader.... of MY town?!" she sobbed as she spoke. In the Crystal Ball she saw some of the kids hugging Sombra.

"Sombra is a good king...." Sir Stonehorn said coming to check on her. Starlight started crying. Sir Stonehorn couldn't stand seeing girls cry so he teleported inside of the cell, sat down next to her on the bed.

Before he could do anything to comfort her she said, "Please, get me some more ice cream...."

Stonehorn nodded, "As you wish my lady."
The next morning at Sombra's Castle....

It was almost dawn, and Starlight was sleeping in her bed with a tear-stained face and a pile of empty ice cream cartons by the bed when a guard came unlocked the cell and walked in, "Rise and shine Starlight Glimmer!"

Starlight rolled over groaning, "Ugh, it's still early. Please let me sleep a little while longer...." she started snoring. The guard grunted and left the cell and came back with a bucket of water and drenched Starlight. Starlight woke and got up fast screaming, "Oh my gosh! BRRRR!"

"Up and at 'em, Starlight Glimmer! King Sombra's orders."

"Okay fine! But was using the water bucket really necessary?" she asked drying herself off with a towel.

"For stubborn mares like you, yes." the guard replied motioning her to follow him.

The female servants dressed her in clothes suitable for gardening and a sun hat. "Why am I wearing this?" she asked getting irritated.

"You're going to be working in Sombra's garden. Just don't pick anything without permission, okay?"

They escorted Starlight to a garden behind Sombra's Castle. Starlight was astonished; there was the biggest rose garden she has ever seen. It was full of roses of different colors that sparkled and smelled so sweet. And in the center of the huge rose garden was a garden full of different kinds of fruits and vegetables. And near was a huge apple orchard. Nearby was a statue of Luna in a middle of fountain with a road leading around and to the garden. There were also servants and volunteers planting grass. "Here's the list for you." a guard said handing Starlight a long piece of paper. "If you have any questions don't hesitate asking the other servants working. And remember we knights will be watching you; we'll know if you're slacking off."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah...."

One of the female servants led Starlight to the start of the rose garden and handed her a pair of pruners. "Start pruning the branches that look black, shriveled, dry, or really thin."

"Why?"

"Because it's healthy for the roses, dear." the servant said before attending to the other roses. Starlight looked and saw how far the rose bushes and trees reached. She groaned and got started. A few hours later she wiped the sweat off her face. Sir Stonehorn came with a jug and a glass of water. She took the glass and gulped it down. The female servant brought a cut up watermelon and presented it to Starlight, "It's time for your break, dear." she said. Starlight sat at the fountain and started eating her watermelon.

Rarity and Sweetie Belle arrived and sat down next to Starlight, "This garden is beautiful!" Rarity said looking around in awe.

Her sister sniffed the air, "It smells great here too." she added.

"I take it that you're here to help me with the pruning?" Starlight asked.

"Sweetie Belle is going to be helping you by picking up what you clipped off and Sombra gave me permission to trim the bushes to my design." Rarity replied with a smile, "Be careful not to prick yourself, okay Sweetie Belle?"

After the break Starlight got back to work and Sweetie Belle picked up all the branches she clipped up and put them in a bucket. "I heard about how you lost your Cutie Mark Ms. Glimmer, I'm sorry...." Sweetie Belle told Starlight.

"More like taken away...." she replied.

"Me and my friends, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, have been trying to get our Cutie Marks for some time."

"You have to earn your Cutie Mark."

"I know, everyone keeps telling us that. We call ourselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders; we would do anything to find our special talent and get our cutie mark. We keep trying, but still blank flanks...." she said as she looked at her blank spot.

"Having blank flanks isn't to bad, if you have friends who also have blank flanks."

"Yeah, our blank flanks is what got me, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo together. Wait, are you referring to what you believe?" Sweetie Belle asked her.

"Yes..."

"We all don't have to look alike or have the same Cutie Mark to be friends. Even some of my closest friends have different Cutie Marks and their own special talents."

"That's what I've been hearing, and now it's from a child...." Starlight said in disgust.

Rarity, hearing this, stopped working and said, "She's right darling, being different is very good especially if it's in our own ways. It also depends on how you use your gift that may lead to harmony or disharmony."

"Even removing Cutie Marks?" Starlight asked.

"Precisely, and that's bad. If you have used your gift for positive things instead of taking what belongs to others against their will you've probably would've made friends, learned the meaning, and wouldn't have ended up here. But then again if you haven't done what you did the citizens of Our Town wouldn't have the closest friends that they have right now."

A few hours have passed. Starlight, Sweetie Belle, and Rarity finished with the bushes and the roses. Sombra and Luna came to check it out. "Hmm, impressive...." Sombra said with a nod, "But there's still much for you to do...." Starlight groaned in disgust.

"Like Rarity and Sweetie Belle, there will be others helping you." Luna said.

"You're next assignment is applebucking. Harvest as much good apples you can get. Applejack, Wild Forrest, and Apple Bloom are waiting for you. Stonehorn!" Sombra called.

"Yes your highness?"

"Show Starlight Glimmer to my apple orchard."

Stonehorn saluted, "Yes sir!"
Sombra's Apple Orchard

Stonehorn gave Starlight another glass of water which she gulped down. Starlight got out of her gardening clothes and put on a saddle with baskets.

"Yeeee-haw!" Applejack yelled kicking one of the trees and filling some buckets.

"Whoo-eee!" Apple Bloom yelled and did the same with another.

Forrest did his Tarzan scream and kicked a tree as well. "Give me a break...." Starlight groaned.

"You'll be fine...." Stonehorn assured her before leaving.

Applejack notices Starlight, "Howdy Starlight!" she greeted.

"Whatever, let's just get this over with...." Starlight said.

Apple Bloom trotted up to her, "Sounds like somepony needs a hug...."

"No thanks."

"Why the edges of your mouth go down and not up?" Forrest asked nicely.

"What do you think?"

"C'mon, applebucking is not that bad." Applejack assured her patting her back. Then she kicked another appletree and filled some buckets.

"It's also good exercise." Apple Bloom added kicking another tree.

Starlight sighed and then an apple fell on her head, "Ow!" she looked up and saw Forrest laughing in a tree.

"Sorry!"

Starlight got to work and kicked a tree and apples filled her baskets and some fell on her head, "Ow! Ooh! Ouch!" Apple Bloom trotted over to her and picked up the apples and put them in the baskets.

"C'mon, cheer up! At least you're not alone." Apple Bloom said happily.

"Yeah...." Starlight answered sadly.

Forrest landed on Starlight's back, "Yeah, you shouldn't let anything ruin your day. Think positive, like what you plan to do when Sombra will let you leave."

"What's the point?" Starlight asked lifting her back up and throwing Forrest into a basket of apples.

Applejack trotted over to her, "Because thinkin' positive brings happiness, sugar cube. Thinkin' positive increases motivation. Thinkin' positive also helps your self-esteem. Not to mention that it's also good for your health and it makes you a better pony."

Forrest popped up with an apple in his mouth, "That's right!"

"Are you saying if I think positive this will be done before I realize it?" Starlight asked.

"Yeah, think stuff that's makes you happy. And don't dwell on the negative stuff." Applejack told her.

They continued working, and Starlight began thinking about getting her powers and Cutie Mark back and making friends. She also remembered what Rarity said about being different is okay and what she does with her powers will lead to something. This is getting kind of complicated.... she thought.
Sombra's Hot Tub

After finishing with the applebucking her hind legs were really sore. The servants prepared the hot tube for her and put bubble bath in it. Starlight sighed as she got into the tub, "Oh, my sore legs.... ah, that hits the spot...." she said.

Sombra came into the room, "You are doing a good job with the chores so far. Once you're finished bathing Stonehorn will escort you to my library where your next assignment awaits."

"How many chores do you expect me to do?!" Starlight snapped.

"Don't get snotty with me. You'll be doing these chores until the day is done until you're completely reformed." Sombra said with his eyes glowing with purple aura and showing his sharp teeth, intimidating Starlight.

"Y-yes sir...."

"Good, now you've got thirty minutes to bathe. And don't get smart with me again, or I'll make your sentence longer."

"Yes sir...."
Sombra's Library

"Here we are." Sir Stonehorn said after reaching a door saying 'Library' and opening the door. They looked in and inside were walls filled with thousands of book, and there were some chairs and lamps circled in the center. Twilight Sparkle was sitting in one of the chairs with a stack of books by the right side and Flash Sentry by the left. Twilight was using her magic to read one of them and was wearing gold spectacles. Spike fell asleep with a book on his face in one of the chairs. "Princess Twilight!" Stonehorn called.

"Yes?"

"Starlight Glimmer is here."

Twilight puts the book down and takes off the spectacles. "Time to wake up Spike!"

Spike just continued snoring. "I'll get him up." Flash Sentry said walking over the sleeping dragon and nudged him, "Hey, wake up."

Spike stretches and groans, "Just five more minutes mommy...."

Twilight grunts and throws a pillow at him, waking him up. "Hey!"

Starlight chuckled as she entered the library, "What's the assignment this time? Do you expect me to read all these books? That's something I can do."

"That's something I would like to do too, but no that's not why you're here." Twilight said giving her a really long list. "What Sombra want's you to do is to check and see if all the books are in order and if there is a book that's in a wrong spot put it where it goes."

"That sounds easy, but why am I doing this?" Starlight asked.

"It's to make up for all the wrong things you've done."

"But I don't think I've done anything wrong...."

"Well, technically you did by removing the Our Town citizens' Cutie Marks and manipulating them, doing the same thing to me and the others, attempting to do the same to everypony in Equestria, and taking what doesn't belong to you, and for what? Because of your equal nonsense?" this got Starlight's attention. "Starlight, me and my friends forgive you for doing those bad things to us. But there are others who don't forgive you yet, but if you keep your nose clean, or make amends, and do a little bit of hard work they'll all forgive you in time, and maybe, just maybe you'll make real friends. But you don't have to take my word for it, you can ask King Sombra, Princess Luna, or Discord the next time you see them. Let's get to work. Spike you do the dusting, and cover your nose."

"Sure thing!" he said putting a clothes pin on his nose. Twilight said picking up the books she read and putting them right where they go. They and Spike got on their ladders and started going the book names one my one making sure they're in alphabetical order. "You should've seen the ponies in here earlier. That was crazy!" Spike said moving a duster around.

A little while later Starlight was next to Spike who was still dusting. Starlight got some dust on her nose, "Ahhh, ahhh.... ahhh.... achoo!" she then lost her balance and fell but Sir Stonehorn held out an arm and caught her.

"Careful my lady." he said.

Starlight blushed madly, "Please put me down...."

"Of course my lady." he sat her down and she climbed back on the ladder.
The Ballroom

"Working with books sure beats gardening." Starlight said.

Twilight looks over to her smiling, "That's the most positive thing I've heard you say today. Maybe Sombra can give you the job of being a librarian, in case if you're interested."

Starlight grinned, "That sounds like a good idea...."

Then they spotted Pinkie Pie with wet sponges on her hooves. "This next assignment for you is going to be fun!" then she started 'skating' on the floor, "Wheeee!"

"You expect me to do that?" Starlight asked.

Scootaloo slid by with sponges on her hooves too,"Yeah, instead of making a chore out of it let's make fun out of it!"

Pinkie now started spinning around in circles. "Whoo! Whoo! Whoo!"

Rainbow Dash was using her Rainblow Dry to dry the the floor, "Time flies when you're having fun!" she yelled. She was like a small rainbow tornado going around every wet spot in the ballroom. Rapper Mouth and Polkey Dots straps sponges to Starlight's hooves and their own hooves.

"Sponge skating time!" Polkey Dots yelled before sliding. Starlight was starting to look amused.

Rapper Mouth saw this, "I see you're starting to loosen up and that's a good thing. This ought to please Sombra the King!" with that he started sliding.

"Does he always talk like that?" Starlight asked Twilight.

"They don't call him Rapper Mouth for nothing." she replied giving Starlight glimmer a push.

"Whoooa! Hey!" They spent some time cleaning the ballroom; the kids and Pinkie Pie were having a terrific time, Rainbow Dash was still feeling energetic, but Starlight was pretty dizzy. She was on her stomach and her eyes were spinning, "I think I'm going to be sick...." Sir Stonehorn offered his hoof and helped her up.

Sombra came in and saw how clean the place was, "Excellent! You are done for today. But before you find anything to do or rest Fluttershy and Easter would like to speak to you near the fountain. Stonehorn will show you the way." he said before exiting the room.

Together Starlight and Stonehorn started heading towards the back of the castle. "What a day...." Starlight said.

"I'll say." Stonehorn replied. "The fountain is straight ahead."

"Thank you...."

Easter and Fluttershy were sitting down at the fountain holding hooves when they saw Starlight approaching them. "Ah, Starlight. I take it you're finished today?" Easter asked.

"Yes, what did you want to talk about?" she asked sitting down next to them.

"How was your day? And how do you feel about it?" Fluttershy asked nicely.

Starlight thought about it for a moment and said, "It all started out dull.... but as I worked with the others we all talked...."

"About what?" Easter asked.

"About it's okay if we're all different, even in our own ways. And it depends on how I use my talents that might lead to a good future or a bad one...."

The Shy Couple nodded, "Go on." Fluttershy said.

"Keeping a positive mind will help you with many things and will make you a better pony. Twilight told me about forgiveness and by being good I can be forgiven. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash showed me how to have fun even while I'm working. As I talked and spent time with them I felt something going on. Like we were bonding, or something."

Fluttershy smiled, "You feel like you're becoming friends with them and you didn't need your powers for that from the start...."

"Do you really think so? I mean, I still got things to learn...." Starlight said.

"We know so. That's why we're going to be visiting you now and then helping you in any way we can." Easter said.

"It's very kind of you, but why are you all doing this for me even though I've done nothing but give you trouble?" Starlight asked feeling confused.

"Because we want to be your friends...." Fluttershy answered as the others arrived.

"Nothing is more magical than friendship...." Twilight said.

"Yeah, not only it's magical it's a lot of fun!" Pinkie Pie added.

"A true friend is somepony who would truly understands you, listens to you, and will always help you in anyway...." Applejack added.

"And would be forgiving and loyal to somepony, even if their past is bad." said Rainbow Dash.

"Even though we have our differences, likes and dislikes, we can all still be friends. I would even give up my own tail or mane to do anything for you, Sweetie Belle, and anypony precious to me, darling." Rarity said hugging her sister.

"Friends will even love and support one another even those that are still learning about friendship....." Fluttershy added.

Starlight was very moved by what they said to her that she cried. "Thank you..... thank you all..... you don't know how much this means to me....."

"But that's not all. There's still plenty to learn about friendship! But you'll learn it over time." Spike said. Starlight threw her arms around all the ponies while she cried.

"Yay! Group hug! Group hug!" Pinkie Pie yelled.

They all let go and smiled, making Starlight smile. "If I get out, would you all like to hang out with me?" Starlight asked.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world." Twilight said.

Sir Stonehorn arrived and stood before Starlight, "I'll help you through it all too...." with that the two embraced. Meanwhile the ponies of Our Town were beginning to rebuild Our Town.

(Song: The Beach Rap)