• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 4,378 Views, 20 Comments

The Redemption of King Sombra - DrewCarriker6231993



King Sombra, revived and full of remorse, starts looking for redemption. Can he make up for what he did, find acceptance, make friends, or find love?

  • ...
8
 20
 4,378

Chapter Five: Forgiven

Chapter Five: Forgiven
Canterlot

That very same day, Discord was sitting at a table reading the newspaper. Toast just came out of the toaster and on to his plate that had cooked eggs and an orange. He took a sip of his coffee as Celestia walked into the room. "Good morning Discord!" Discord looked over to her and smiled,

"Good morning Celestia! Sleep well?"

"Yes, have you?"

"Yep! Have you seen these headlines?"

"No, why?"

"Take a look at this." he showed her the papers saying King Sombra REFORMED and the Former King of Evil saves Rainbow Dash and Ponyville. "That tyrant finally turned himself around!" Discord told Celestia, "I-I mean former tyrant! Yeah!" Celestia smiled,

"I'm happy for him."

"Me too! I wonder if Cadance heard about this?" he finished breakfast. "One way to find out!" he went to the Celestiascope and looked through it. The Crystal Empire was filled with ponies reading newspapers. "It appears that everypony in the Crystal Empire knows about it...." he then moved over to Princess Cadance standing with Shining Armor on the balcony using her magic to read the headlines. "Yep, she knows alright! AND I can't help myself!"

"What?" he disappears.
Crystal Empire

"King Sombra? Alive?" Shining Armor asked his wife.

"I don't believe it either! Last time we saw him, he was like, well you know...." she remembers that day Sombra was defeated. "Now they say he's reformed! It's a miracle!" Cadance smiled.

"I don't believe it...." Shining Armor said. Then a paw and talon covered his eyes,

"Guess who?!" Shining Armor grunted and moved his head backwards. "Ow! My nose!" Cadance saw this and giggled.

"Discord?!"

"Hey Shiny!" Discord was rubbing his nose. "Hey Cadance, looking lovely today!"

"Why, thank you Discord. What brings you here?" she asked sweetly.

"Oh, nothing! Just hanging around." he started hanging by his tail. "Get it? Hanging? Ha!" Cadance giggled again. He looks over to Shining Armor, who didn't seem amused. "Gee Shiny, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" Discord asked.

"What is it you want Discord?" Discord let go and stood on his feet.

"You seem tense! You should've seen Sombra, he's been in a good mood lately!"

"Sombra? Has he really reformed? Tell me!" Shining ordered.

"You heard right! He turned himself around at last!" Shining Armor didn't look convinced, "You don't believe me? I won't blame you, if you don't. You can ask your sister, or any of her friends, or maybe even Luna. They helped him through it!" he then looked at the watch that appeared on his wrist, "Oops! Got to go! See you later!" he tossed a smoke bomb to the ground and disappeared. Cadance and Shining Armor coughed.

"That's just rude!" Shining Armor groaned. Cadance blew away the smoke with her wings.

"Sorry!" Discord's voice yelled.

"Isn't it great? King Sombra has turned good!"

"I don't know, my love. After what he did to us. And after what he did to you, I just can't forgive him...." Cadance nuzzled against her husband after he said that.
Sombra's Castle

Sombra was still sleeping. Sombra sounded like he was having a nightmare. Inside his nightmare appeared to be back in the Crystal Palace. He was in the throne room, and the throne went up in flames and a dark figure appearing like a dragon came from the flames laughing wickedly. "Aah!" he woke up from his nightmare, breathing heavily. "Only a bad dream...." He thought about the dream for a minute, "What was that? A memory?" he jumped out of bed and got dressed, "I don't recall anything catching on fire in the Throne Room when I was ruling the Crystal Empire...." he said to himself. "Oh well, might not be important." He had breakfast and walked outside his castle with two of his soldiers and two of his female servants. "It's time we paid Princess Cadance a visit, and apologize...." they all turned into shadows and disappeared.
Crystal Empire

Princess Cadance was sitting in her throne when a dark shadow appeared in the middle of the throne room as everyone, except the guards ran for cover. Sombra walked out of the shadows with his soldiers and servants at his side. Sombra looked over to Cadance and smiled his evil smile. Shining Armor, alarmed, pointed at Sombra. "Seize him!" the guards rushed towards Sombra with their weapons, but Sombra immobilized them with his dark magic.

"Was that really necessary?" King Sombra asked. Sombra and his four servants approached the prince and princess. The servants bowed down as Sombra walked closer to Cadance. Shining Armor stopped him,

"What do you want?!" he demanded.

"I just wish to talk, to the both of you...." Sombra's eyes glowed and he unfroze the guards. Sombra bowed down to the princess. "I have come to say how sorry I am for all the evil things I did...." Shining Armor had a surprised look on his face, but Cadance smiled as he continued. "It was a different life, even though it's hardly an excuse. I was blind, power-hungry, but after I returned I realized how foolish I was, filled with remorse. I know you all must be angry, and I understand. I hope you can all find it in your hearts to forgive me. If you don't forgive me or if you want me gone, I'll understand...." Shining Armor and Princess Cadance looked at each other. Cadance stepped off her throne and put one hoof on Sombra's shoulder.

"I forgive you...." Sombra looked up at her, "I understand what you have been through. The Crystal Heart has given you a second chance...."

"Second chance?" Sombra asked puzzled. Shining Armor looked at his wife confused.

"When the Crystal Heart, as well as the light and love within the Crystal Ponies, restored the Crystal Empire, and not only it defeated you but it might have entered your darkened heart. And as a result, the door to your heart has finally been opened...."

Sombra couldn't believe his ears, "So I have you and all of the Crystal Empire to thank for my change. I guess I owe you...."

"No need, just be our friend." she held out her hoof. Sombra looked up at her again and sat his hoof on hers.

"If she forgives you, I'll forgive you too...." Shining Armor said as he held out his hoof and shook Sombra's.

"Thank you all. You have made yourselves friends and allies in the dark." Sombra said as he took out a ruby as red as Sombra's horn attached to a silver bracelet out from under his cape. "If you need me you may used this bracelet to contact me...." Sombra presented it to Cadance who took it with her magic and looked it over. Sombra backed up then he and his servants turned into shadows then vanished. Cadance and Shining Armor hugged each other and then looked at the bracelet. Cadance used her magic and put the bracelet around her left wrist.
Sombra's Castle

Sombra and the four of his servants appeared at the entrance of the castle. The gate opened and they all entered. Sombra felt so good that he went into the ballroom and started playing his own pipe organ. While playing his organ, he did some thinking: why not throw a ball in his castle? He stopped and looked around him. "This place is a bit gloomy...." He thought for a minute and then powered up his horn and his eyes glowed. Within moments his haunted castle turned into an beautiful castle with many shades of blue and ebony; blue banners with different shapes of the moon were added; blue carpets were added; and everything seemed to shine and sparkle like the stars. He even changed his cape from red to blue and his silver armor to light blue. "Perfect!" His Luna Medallion glowed and Princess Luna appeared before him.

"Hello Sombra!" she greeted. She looks around and saw what Sombra did to his castle. "It's beautiful!" Sombra smiled.

"Not as beautiful as you...." did I say that out loud? Luna looks back at Sombra and she smiles her beautiful smile. "Luna, I-I'm planning on having a ball here tonight, and I was wondering if you and your sister would like to come...." Luna gasped.

"I would love to! Sounds like fun! I'll go tell her at once!" she flew away. Sombra went to his room, took a scroll and pen with his magic, and wrote something down.

Once he was done he called, "Messenger!" then one of his Pegasus knights came in,

"Sir!" Sombra handed him a scroll,

"Send this message to all the Ponies and creatures of Equestria. Bring help if you need too." the messenger saluted.

"Yes sir!" One by one the messenger went to every place in Equestria. Numerous of them were very excited, especially the Mane Six. Some of them were reluctant and some haven't forgiven Sombra yet. By dusk everypony in Equestria knew of the ball.