• Published 23rd Aug 2015
  • 4,828 Views, 105 Comments

Tale of Loki 2: Into the Void - Mega NewWays97



Loki is back. Now with two voices his head and a infinite void, can he find his way back home? Also how can he adopt to being the god of balance? The Answer is.....

  • ...
20
 105
 4,828

Never Speak of This

Loki flipped through another book before floating it to the side. After the whole "incident" a few weeks ago he thought it best to find out all he could on what in the name of the void the hunger was. Sunset proposed the two of them check the Cloaks Dimension’s library. “Seriously just reading that seems confusing.” Loki commented as the books stopped floating around in the nonsensical library, “I mean Sunset finds out something before me and what? No deft no explanation…”

“Hey listen focus you can argue with the author next time right now we have a sentient dimension that feeds on chaos and order to deal with.” Discord argued inside his head before manifesting his astral self on top of a three sided die globe of the void, “What’s done is done, now let’s focus on what’s to come.” He jumped off the globe only to smash his head into a floating box with Evilight sitting on it.

The Alicorn projection of Loki’s voice of order rolled her eyes, “Of course you wouldn’t care about it as, someone he has worked with books I can tell you that this is terrible writing.” Discord got up and glared at her.

Loki just shock his head. Discord was right in this regard they had a dimension eating thing to take care of. “Hey Discord see that phase paslamic life being?” Loki asked not turning around as Discord looked at all the weird stuff in this place wondering what Loki was asking for, “It’s the ball of liquid in the glass ball below you you,” Loki pointed to the thing he was currently sitting on, “I need you to tell me where the green blob is in the black goo.”

Discord floated off it and upside down as he saw the green blob moving close to a orange spot within the black goo, “It’s nearing the orange spot why?” Discord questioned as Loki used his talons to pinch the bridge of his well horse head at hearing this.

“Damn it I’ve spent seven hours looking through this library and only what screeched the surface?” Loki looked through the winding hallways that existed in all sides, “Or is it fair to call it the surface.” Loki closed the book he was looking at before groaning, “If only there was a reference sections somewhere.” Loki paused thinking as he knew he was forgetting something.

The outline of a certain girl flash before him before a lightbulb appeared over his head, “Oh Right Sunset.” The Light bulb floated away joining the rest in the eldritch space that defined space and time. He floated up to the two sides of himself giving them both a glare, “How come the two of you didn’t tell me she was gone!” He yelled as the two of them jumped up or down from their objects and in front of him.

“Well to be fair we were busy keeping the third guy from waking up.” Discord got punched by Evilight for blabbing his big mouth at this.

“Idiot you swear on your life that we were to keep it a secret!” Evilight started to ring his neck as Loki stood there tapping his hoof on an invisible floor.

“So are you both going to tell me or am I going to have to override your free will and claim the information for myself,” Loki threaten his two sides causing the two of them to turned to him with looks of disbelief at this.

After a few brief seconds of silence Discord spoke up at this with a chuckle, “Oh good joke you really had me going there…” Discord’s astral eyes glazed over before he said with a emotionless almost voice, “The Anti-Magic being is still somewhat alive within you and me and Evilight have been keeping it asleep within your mind.” His eyes returned to normal causing Discord to blink for a few moments.

“I never make a threat I’m not going to comment… unless I’m trolling.” Loki floated past the two of them his eyes closed before he he reopened them as he stopped for a moment, “Next time don’t keep anything from me.” A door appeared in front him opening and showing Sunset in her little room with seven glowing balls floating around her as she was reading through a book on her desk, “So how goes the project?” Loki asked starting small talk.

Sunset turned to him for a moment, “It’s going great though I hit a roadblock..” Sunset closed the book, “So mind me asking who was Time Spinner and what was the point of his war again, oh by the way what do you mean Eris killed all the cloak displaced in a fit of boredom!” Sunset screamed as she Loki noticed she was reading his diary.

Loki turned to his two astral projections who both tried to look like they had no idea about this. Loki’s eyes glowed as the two of them disappeared screaming at the horror that Loki was going to put them there, “The answers in order, Time is my teacher who I’m kinda certain is dead now, the war was something he set up which I believe may not may not have concluded, as for the last one... “ Loki closed his fist as lighting arched around it, “Eris was their and I think the thought of playing nice with me wasn’t enough for her to take, she killed them destroying their realities and I didn’t find out until too late.”

“Wait you and Eris where in the same universe and you didn’t try to kill each other?” Sunset questioned as the thought of Loki and Eris, of two opposite forces acting civil was impossible for her see as they both wanted nothing but to destroy each other.

Loki turned away ashamed for this, “Lets not talk about this, both me and Eris don’t like talking about it.” Loki turned back to her with a look that said, “Drop it or I will destroy you.”

Sunset felt a chill go down her spine, “Noted…” A brief moment of pause came over the two of them before Sunset spoke up, “So what happened you both seem to have agreed to lift and that was all.”

Loki blinked before realizing what she was asking, “Or we lift magical constructs before we lift that disappeared near the story end or something like that…”

“Like what you can do for your two voices?” Sunset questioned as she had a slight smile.

Loki had a laugh, “Yeah they really keep bugging me to do that again…” Loki levitated his diary to himself before he looked at Sunset, “Well I had came here to ask you about if the library has a reference sheet or something.”

Sunset shrugged her shoulders at this, “Sorry I just discovered this by accident whoever used to own this place didn’t bother with having one.” Sunset gave him a apologetic look as she couldn’t help him, “Sorry.”

Loki had a sigh at hearing this, “It’s alright I know I’ll find it.” Loki’s mood turned surprisingly optimistic at these turn of events.


Loki wanted to scream. He wanted to open up a portal and take his frustrations out of something, a planet, a galaxy, a universe hell he wanted to take this out on a person. “Wow Loki came down before you actually start doing a rampage.” Discord chimed in within his mind.

Loki paused for a moment blinking. Didn’t he lock both Discord and Evilight in a mental hellscape? “You did it’s been a whole week.” Evilight added causing Loki to slam his face into the table. A book dislodge itself at the force and bounced off his head before opening up in front of him. Loki looked up at this and at the open book before snatching it up in a hurry looking over the page and the next three before closing the book with a trumpet smile before taking off in a hurry.

Within her room Sunset tapped the glass ball in front of herself taking a bite from her veggie wrap. Loki came crashing in catching her by surprise “Hey Sunset I found it! It took a whole week and I was just about to take up a brief tour as a wraithful being until I found it!” He yelled out as Sunset acting on instinct jumped up firing a blast of fire into Loki’s face knocking her desk causing the ball to fall over and shattering it. Loki blinked not fazed by the blast, “Oh sorry.”

Sunset looked at the destroyed glass with a sigh in defeat, “Well that’s two weeks of experiments down the drain.” Truth be told she was getting bored waiting for Loki to find the information he needed, “So you found a way to destroy the Hunger?” Sunset questioned noticing the book in her paw.

Loki summoned up a pair of reading glasses and a chair to sit in as he opened the book reading it, “Yes but first we going to need to find a few things so we are going on a fetch quest to get everything on this page,” Loki pulled out a shopping list from the book, somehow and handed it to Sunset “Once we get all of these stuff I can make the preparations and we will finally put the hunger…”

“We’ll going to need Eris for this Loki.” Sunset said after reading the list.

Loki paused before digging her talon into his ear as he tried to remove the wax. He pulled out a small troll like creature that hissed at him before running out the room, “I’m sorry Sunset did you say I will have to work with Eris?”

Sunset had a slow nod as she showed him the bottom of the list. Loki took it and together with both Discord, Evilight and Sunset read the last part out loud, “Finally you will need two beings of the respective elements who have the same energy yet must be opposites.”

Loki put down the list before he said only one word but surprisingly that world scared a race of space ducks in another universe, “FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”


Eris and Midnight stopped within a strange blue hued reality having finally lost the hunger. As the science minded girl took samples of the realities energy to experiment on Eris’s mood suddenly turned sour. A asteroid like rock passing by her bursts into flames before being crushed into ash. This caught Midnight’s attention as she floated up to her, “Eris is something wrong?”

Eris looked at her traveling companion with a glare but one not aimed at her but at what was causing her sour mood. “You remember when I told you about the incident?”

Midnight nodded, “Of course when I was away to test out the conductivity of the greymood stones you went off sensing something and when you came back you didn’t want to talk about it.” Midnight paused as she quickly put it together, “It’s going to happen again isn’t it?”

Eris wanted to throw up at the thought. The idea of working on the same side as her counterpart made her want to crawl out her heart and crush it within her own hands. To work with Loki, her opposite and equal, her alternate self left a bad taste in her mouth. “Yes and I loath the thought.” Eris sighed, she’ll make up for this somehow she knew it, “Come on I would like to have some fun before I have to work with myself.” A portal opened up as the two of them past right through it.


Loki cursed as he appeared in another reality, along with his two traveling companions, trying to follow any leads to where Eris would be. So far it had proven pointless as Eris had completely hidden any trace of her or Midnight as they traveled. It was obvious the hunger had been following her and she had been hiding her tracks from it. Around the two of them a few portals opened as dwellers passed by coming and going from the small place. “Damn it we’ll not going to find her at this rate.”

“You’re looking for someone?” A silver skinned lady asked her read eyes and face the only thing that could be seen under her hood of her rope, “Does she look like you but as a girl? I believe i saw her heading off to the three color section if you hurry you can get to her.” Her soft voice had a slight british accent to it as Loki gave her a smile.

“Thanks come on Sunset.” With that Loki opened another portal and dragged his Alicorn and his Wendigo with him.

Author's Note:

What I didn't forget :)