• Published 23rd Aug 2015
  • 4,820 Views, 105 Comments

Tale of Loki 2: Into the Void - Mega NewWays97



Loki is back. Now with two voices his head and a infinite void, can he find his way back home? Also how can he adopt to being the god of balance? The Answer is.....

  • ...
20
 105
 4,820

... Your Biggest Enemy is Yourself.

Author's Note:

Edited by m2pt5/Emtu and Jack-o-Worthy

Loki looked at one of the sick. This one was suffering from both poison and an allergic reaction. Waving his hands over them, he channeled his powers to remove the poison and the effects of the allergies over the body. This one was not as bad as some of them. Others were almost dead and one had even died before Loki got to him. Loki was able to save them all, even the one that died, using his powers. "There we go now, all better, though might I ask what did this?" Loki asked.

"Bugbears... they have been altered by the bombs just like everything else in this world, their venom causes your body to develop an allergic reaction.”

"Bugbears, huh," Loki said as he placed a paw on his chin. "Have any of you salvaged a venom sac from one of them?"

"No, if we had we may have been able to create a cure of our own," one of the workers in the infirmary said.

"Okay, then do you know where I could find a nest of these bugbears?"

"Why would you want to find any of those?"

"Well, I can't create a cure without being able to examine a pure specimen of their venom. I'm not going to be here forever, after all, so giving you a cure for future use would do you a lot of good." One of the guards that had led Loki in nodded and stepped forward.

"I'll give you a map and mark a known area where there's a lot of bugbear activity. It's an old store, so if you could get us some supplies from there while you get the venom, we would appreciate it."

“No problem," Loki said with a nod.

Loki took the map, examined it, and with a quick teleport, appeared right outside the store. The store in question looked like an ordinary a grocery store. "Apple's Grand Grocers," Loki read. On it was a picture of Applejack. "I have a feeling the Apple family did really well in this universe," Loki commented.

Loki phased through the door with a bag in hand, and he gathered whatever was still edible. A sound caught his ear as one of the mutated bugbears appeared. It was ugly. Appearing as more bug then bear, with the bear parts literally looking like they were rotting away. It charged at Loki, stinger raised. Loki dodged the attack, and with a punch, slammed it into the ground, dead. Loki stored it in another bag and floated up, phasing through the roof. He was met with a dropkick. Loki grunted as he landed, "That hurt... that actually hurt." He looked up to see another cloaked figure.

"Isn't this a surprise?" Loki could tell it was a female by the voice. The cloak also gave way slightly to show her face. She looked like a female version of himself.

Loki's eyes widened at the sight before him as he subtly prepared his magic. "Who are you?" he asked carefully.

"I've taken to calling myself Eris. I'm the goddess of Imbalance!"

Loki then had a sudden epiphany, flashing back to his earlier magic flare. "Y-you came from me. That magic flare earlier was you," he said, pointing a talon at her.

Eris smirked and started to clap slowly. "Very good, I was sure you'd figure it out."

"Why did you attack me? What do you want?" Loki asked, his eyes narrowed.

"Isn't it obvious?" Eris chuckled. "You're the god of Balance and I'm the goddess of Imbalance. I'm here to make sure that you don't succeed in your little project in this universe."

"You know I'm going to stop you," Loki growled.

"You'll certainly try," Eris said with a wild glint in her eye. "And that's what's going to make this so much fun!"

Loki summoned up a blast of rainbow-filled magic, which Eris countered with the same blast. The two teleported and each threw a punch that collided. The shockwave collapsed the building under them. 'She's mirroring me... how is she doing this?' Loki asked himself as they both created a sword and slashed, the blades cutting into one another.

"Well she is you, Loki," Discord commented.

'I don't follow,' Loki answered.

"She is your alternate self, all your memories, experience, everything you is her," Twilight answered.

'So... she has my memories? Doesn't that mean...' Loki didn't get to finish as Eris kicked him in the gut.

"Are you arguing with Discord and Twilight? Because let me tell you, I don't have those two idiots in my head," Eris said with a smirk.

"Oh, would you like one of them?" Loki asked with a chuckle. "My brain is only a two-bedroom apartment. One of us has been sleeping on the couch for a while."

"Cute, the little jokes during your fights was exactly what I expected you to do," she said with a dark chuckle.

"Oh yeah, well... did you expect me to say... Wub-a-lub-a-dub-dub!" Loki called out suddenly.

Eris blinked once and admitted, "No, I didn't."

"Yes! that's one point for me!" Loki cheered. His celebration was short lived as he dodged a blast from Eris as she charged at him. Loki avoided another one of Eris's attacks before he snapped his talons and appeared in a Ryu costume. Eris mirrored his action and appeared in an Akuma costume. 'Yikes, she really does have all my memories.'

He and Eris ran up to each other and started mirroring the Street Fighter characters they were dressed as. They both knocked each other back and, in a flash, Loki turned the building into a mecha. Eris copied him with the road, the driveway, and a few boulders. The two started smashing in an old fashioned robot fight. Loki got Eris into a lock and started punching at the robot's chest over and over. Eris blasted her way out of the robot and into Loki's, slamming him into the mountain. As she went to strike him with a magic covered fist, Loki teleported away and slammed a mountain into her. The astral forms of Discord and Twilight appeared in front of him. "Loki, behind you!" Discord screamed. He turned, only to get sucker punched across the face with a glowing fist, sending him flying off into the sky.

Using his power Loki stopped himself in mid air. "Hey guys, tell me, am I actually getting tossed around this whole fight... by me!"

"That does seem to be the long and short of it," Discord said with a nod.

"Well, not exactly you," Anthro-Twilight clarified. "More like a female-mirror version of you."

'Let's not get into semantics,' Loki growled in his head. 'Right now we have to think of a way to beat her.'

"If you have any ideas, I'm all ears," Discord's projection said as he covered himself in ears.

'Okay, so she has all my memories so she's able to predict what I'll do. So what if I start fighting in ways I haven't done before?' Loki suggested as the gears in his head started to turn.

"And how do you think we should do that?" Aanthro-Twilight asked.

'That's what I'm still trying to...' All of a sudden a literal lightbulb went off above his head. 'I've got it! I think I've got something that she won't expect.'

As Eris was coming in, Loki just stood there. When she got in range, he delivered a punch and went on the offensive. He added in a kick and tossed her before a simple blast to her in his grasp. He delivered another kick to her ribs. Eris teleported out of there. She glared, summoning a sword, and she raced to cut him with it. Loki teleported away at the last moment and appeared back in place before delivering an uppercut to her jaw. Eris floated away for a moment.

"It's actually working?' Discord asked. Inside Loki's mindscape Discord and Twilight watched what Loki was doing. "This is so unlike him... look at Eris, she'll never get it," Discord said.

Eris glared at Loki then had an idea of her own. Teleporting into the sky, holding her talons up she channeled a lot of magic into a point. Soon enough a miniature sun formed in her talons. "Well, it's been fun, but I think I'll just destroy the planet."

Loki charged his magic on the tip of his talon and fired into it. The sun wobbled and even expanded for a moment before suddenly collapsing in on itself and becoming a miniature black dwarf. Eris growled and threw the nearly dead core to the ground harmlessly. "What was that?"

"A time dilation spell," Loki explained. "I basically just made it so that nuclear fusion would occur much faster, so it would just die before you could pull a Frieza on this place." Eris's eye twitched at that and took a deep breath to calm herself down.

"So you nearly created a black hole instead of trying to turn the star into something else?"

"Well, I was kind of hoping for the black hole. Even you would have a hard time trying to escape that."

"It doesn't matter, I can just create another one!"

Eris did so, forming another mini-sun. Loki sent the same spell at it. At that Eris responded with a glare. "Okay, you know what?" Eris summoned up two new swords. Anti-magic swords. "I have a better idea." She then tossed them into space, aimed right at the sun and moon. "No sun or moon for the planet!" Eris said with a laugh. Loki fired two magic blasts to trail them. When they met, the blasts and the swords blew up. Eris took this time to impale Loki though the chest with a spear.

"You fell for it! Oh my, you actually fell for it!" Eris said with a laugh. Loki coughed a bit. This wasn't at all fatal but it hurt like hell.

“Ugh, I don't like you," Loki stated as he pulled the spear from his chest.

"That's good because I don't like you either," Eris said with a bit of a laugh.

"Hey Eris, look up," Loki said as he pointed up with his paw.

"Nice try, but I'm not falling for that old trick," she said as she put up a shield above her head. A moment later a pillar of earth erupted from the ground and impaled Eris in the chest. Eris coughed and glared down at Loki.

"There, now we're even," he said with a smirk.

"Don't say that word in front of me!" Eris howled.

"What, even?" Loki asked with a tilt of the head.

“That word, stop it!" Loki thought for a moment on what she was meaning by the word.

"It's because she's the goddess of Imbalance," Twilight said to him.

'Oh I thought... never mind.' Eris removed herself from the pillar.

She channeled a lot of energy into his hands. "I'll teach you to say that..."

Discord then added in, "Loki I have a idea, trick her into entering the void." Loki thought that over. Eris let loose the blast as Loki teleported away.

"Ok let's go with that. Now then, how do I trick her into the Void?"

"I dunno, I didn't think that far ahead," he admitted.

Loki thought it over for a moment and an idea formed in his head. 'I've got it.'

"If you don't like it when I say even then you'll really hate what I'm going to do next!" Loki called out with a big grin. "I'm going to make things even across the multiverse and bring balance to it all!" Loki then opened a portal to the Void and slipped inside, leaving it open for Eris to follow.

"Oh no you don't!" Eris roared, taking the bait.

Loki appeared in the Void a moment later and looked around only to be tackled by a screaming Eris. "You bastard! I'm not going to let you do what you want!" Eris shrieked as she attempted to claw at Loki. Loki had expected that kind of reaction and was blocking her wild attacks.

"Look over there, Balance!" Loki screamed.

Eris did and then realized a rocket was strapped to her back with Loki walking back through the portal. "I hate you you fu-" The rocket took off, sending Eris far into the Void.

"Looks like I won that one!" Loki screamed in triumph. He picked up the bag and bugbear and headed off to give the supplies to the people.

"Hey Loki," Discord started.

'Yes?' Loki asked.

"I just realized we're back at one hundred percent."

Loki paused. "How long have we been at full power?" Loki asked.

"About... an hour."

Loki face-taloned. "You realize I was fighting Eris under the assumption I wasn't at full power, right?"

"Umm, I'm sorry?" Discord offered with a weak grin.

"And why didn't you say anything?" Loki asked anthro-Twilight. "I figured you'd be eager to get everything over and done with here."

"I wasn't paying attention to that," Anthro-Twilight's projection admitted. "I was just reviewing where I went wrong to end up sharing headspace with two insane idiots."

Discord and Loki rolled their eyes at the comment. "Whatever, let's just get back to New Canterlot and see what we can do about the fallout." Loki sighed as he snapped his talons and reappeared in the middle of the piecemeal city. One of the guards that had found him noticed him and walked up to him.

"Did you find what you were looking for?”

"Yup, now I should be able to create a cure for bugbear venom," Loki said, and with a snap, created a basic anti-venom that could be synthesized.

"Alright, now I have something I should do," Loki said with a smile. In a flash he appeared over the planet. "Alright, first order of business now that I'm at full power." With his hands raised he pulled the chaos fallout from the planet and placed it into a ball. "Fix the messy chaos fallout, check." He made the ball glow back into a statue of Discord. "Return Discord, check." With a flash it appeared in New Canterlot. "Now for the finale!" With a rainbow ball between his hands, he shot it out to hit the sun and moon. In a flash, the two royal sisters were finally free of their celestial bodies. "Get the princesses back, and there we go, all is as it should be."


"Not a bad show, if I do say so myself," Discord said.

"Whatever, I still don't see the big deal about our work," Anthro-Twilight huffed.

"Okay, and now I'm going to add one last finishing touch on this place," Loki said as his talons glowed.

"I'm going to add some magic to this place that'll detect any Void energy. That way if Eris or somebody else tries to screw anything up, we'll know."

"Sounds good to me," Discord said.

"Where are we going next?" Anthro-Twilight asked.

"Who knows," Loki shrugged. "Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll be able to go home," he finished as he tore open another portal into the Void.