• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 2,722 Views, 246 Comments

SweetieMashMinecraftAdventures YAY! - CristalGalaxy



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash are transported to the video game they like so much... And things aren't as fun as you would think they are...

  • ...
18
 246
 2,722

3. First Night

"We... We'll be fine... Right?"

Sweetie's whimper awoke Button from his trance.
"Yeah... Yeah we will... And in case there's a... problem, just remember that we're number one and two in the best PvP servers... Okay?"

Sweetie nodded but he knew that she couldn't have been reassured for his voice was shaking.

They heard footsteps outside.
Button perked his ears up, waiting for a sign that could show them what monster was under their tree.

When no noise came he concluded it was surely an animal... or maybe a creeper?
"There doesn't seem to be much activity down there" he said to the unicorn.

"Thank Celestia! Wherever she is..."

Button peeked out the hole in the treehouse.

It's true that he had always found it weird that the sun and moon could move by themselves?! It was a really annoying mystery...
He remembered when Twist had tried to figure out who was controlling minecraft.
Days of research and nights with no sleep had resulted in her mother forbidding her from continuing her research.

Button looked in the distance. And that's when he saw them.

He saw red shimmering eyes far away.
He saw purple ones too.
And purple particles.

And there were surely other creepy monsters hiding in the distance.

No doubt that the game was going to be fierce tonight...

The moon was throwing an eerie glow on the world.
Button realized that even thought the world was now full of horrors and fears, it still looked amazing.
A compilation of blocks and game codes had formed all of that.
The ponies who created it were amazingly talented. And also crazy to make something so dangerous.

The brown colt shivered out of fear.
Why didn't I propose to set our games on peaceful mode?! Why did I have to open the case?! Why did we have to be picked for GameSpark's interview?!

But that was the way things worked. And now they were stuck in a video game full of violence and monsters...

Actually... When I try being positive... I can be thankful for not playing on a server... The other players would have already killed us. And I'm glad I'm with somepony else. Sweetie Belle no less.
"Button?" murmured Sweetie.

"Yes?" Button gave her his biggest smile when he turned to her but saw that she was curled up in a ball in the corner.
The chicken was being held hostage in her hooves.

"Do you... Do you think we'll..." her voice broke "Do you think we will die here?"

"No... Of course not!"
Button got closer and sat next to her.

"What about our families? We could die and... and they'll never know the truth about how we died... We would be forgotten..."

Button had never seen his friend so fragile and scared.
That made him realize at what point she needed him.
Her soul and spirit could be broken at any moment.

Button closed his eyes and remembered the happy filly he had known.
He remembered her joyful laugh and sparkling eyes.
The way her mouth would open and she would sing her beautiful melody.

Then he looked at the filly now.

Tears of fear were streaming down her cheeks.
They were wetting the poor chicken who gave little clucks of disagreement.

Her once smiling mouth had turned into a sad frown that broke his heart.
Her fragile little body was curled up in a ball.

And without thinking, Button wrapped his hooves around her neck, tears freely descending his face too.

He felt her surprise and talked before she could.
"We will be okay Sweetie Belle. It's... It's a promise. A promise that I'll never break.
You're not alone. You'll never be as long as I'm here.
No matter what, I'll protect you and always be there for you. I don't care if you don't want my protection.
I'll give it to you anyways. You can count on me.
I mean..."

Button gave a small smile.
"... that's what friends are for right?"

At first there was only silence.
Then a sob.
"Thank you..." The whisper came from nowhere and everywhere at once.

Button barely heard it as Sweetie returned his embrace, crying in his chest.

At that moment they were alone, two ponies trying to survive and helping each other.
That was who they were right there at that moment.


Button broke the hug after a little while.
Sweetie's cheeks were red as well as her nose.

She got up and looked at the chicken's fluffy feathers.
He didn't seem very happy about being squished and plunged into a pool of salty tears.

He gave them a glare.

Then... a chuckle.
Sweetie's mouth corners started to lift up as her chuckle soon turned into laughter.

Button just stared at her, confused.

"He's... He's giving us a death glare..." laughed Sweetie.

Button's eyes sparkled as he saw her smile again and he looked at the chicken.
It did seem to be giving them a mean stare.

And before he knew it, he was laughing alongside Sweetie Belle, rolling to the floor and clutching his stomach.

A good laugh did them well after all they had been through and at the end they stared at each other.

Just a second after, a 'shliwirth' noise broke their complicity and they both turned to the window.

This time, no fear was shown on Sweetie's face. Only determination.
She grabbed her stone sword and gave a smart look to Button.
"Ready to go fight the only stupid thing that came up our tree?!"

Button immediately grabbed his and returned the look with a smile.
"Sure am!"

She barged out the door and he quickly followed, getting ready to fight... before freezing to the spot.

Spiders in minecraft were huge! Dear Celestia they were also very intimidating!

Button shook himself and stared directly into (one of) the red glowing eyes, trying to pass a clear message.
I won't let you harm anypony! You are going to die tonight and right here!

Sweetie came to his side and he noticed her presence gave him strength.

He stared into her eyes and she nodded.
Let's go!

Sweetie Belle charged forward, followed by Button.

She sliced it's front leg and the mob immediately flashed red.
Button sliced it's face and the thing swiped it's two mandibles, almost hitting him.

Meanwhile, Sweetie was slashing its stomach, having crawled under the thing.
She ducked it's back leg by rolling to the side.

Button jumped on top of the thing and finished it, falling off when it disappeared, only leaving some string and a few shimmering xp balls.

"Sweetie Belle!" he cheered, turning around. "We did it! Our first-"

Button stopped.
Where was Sweetie Belle?

A shiver ran up his spine when he remembered her fighting the spider.

The back leg of it slamming into the leaves of the tree, when she ducked it by rolling on the side. The fact that she hasn't appeared after that.

Button slowly walked to the edge of the tree and peered down.

There, cowering away from the mobs, was the white form of a unicorn.

Sweetie Belle!

Author's Note:

I'm really sorry that this chapter was so short...

But the next one is gonna be good!