• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 2,713 Views, 246 Comments

SweetieMashMinecraftAdventures YAY! - CristalGalaxy



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash are transported to the video game they like so much... And things aren't as fun as you would think they are...

  • ...
18
 246
 2,713

16. Danger And Love

Author's Note:

Prepare yourselves, it's gonna be a bumpy ride! ;)

"Cat! Cat!" Sweetie's screech made Button loose his concentration and he lost the fish he was trying to get out of the pond.
He groaned and looked at a jumping Sweetie Belle who was followed by an ocelot.

Chaser and Helper growled (yes the chicken too) as they saw the innocent looking animal approach them.

"It's... just an ocelot..." mumbled Button, confused. "Aren't they supposed to run away from you?"

"Maybe it's a glitch! It's been following me since I saw it..."

She came closer to him and Button jerked back, a foul smell having come reach his nuzzle.

"I know why it's following you!" he chuckled, still covering his nose. "You smell like an army of fish died on you!"

Sweetie Belle frowned. "But... I only tried to catch some in the lake! And eventually got in a small fight with a squid but that's all!"

"Maybe it's squid ink... Anyways, why would you even care about squids?!"

"Because you said you wanted Chaser's collar to be black!" she chirped, proudly throwing the colorant on the floor.

She remembered?
"Thanks Sweetie... That's really nice. Oh and I managed to catch a few fish. About three or four so try taming him!" he smiled.

"Nooooo! No no no! Not cats! Cats hate me! Don't you know about Opal? You have it!"

"But I would have two an-"

"Either that or we chase it away!"

Button sighed. "I don't have a choice. And thanks again!"

He approached the cat with his fish in hooves and dropped them in front of it.

Thankfully, the cat accepted the very first fish and turned into a small Siamese colored cat.
It's delicate blue eyes were looking up at Button in admiration.

"Awww! It's cute!" sighed Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah and it will keep the creepers away." Button turned to his dog and quickly colored the collar.

"What about a name?"

Button concentrated. He looked up at Sweetie Belle and realized that she was the one who had brought the small cat to him.
And how much she meant to him.
Button closed his eyes.
"What do I think of Sweetie...?" he quietly whispered to himself. "Let's see... She's kind, funny, beautiful... She shines and is as precious as a diamond!"

"Soooo?" The impatient voice of his friend made him jump.

"Diamond. That's what her name will be" said Button, plunging his eyes into Sweetie's.

"I like it!" The filly didn't pay attention to it further. "Right! What was next on our agenda?" murmured Sweetie Belle, squinting her eyes and focusing.

"Villagers!" smiled Button. "Our main goal throughout the game was to find villagers.
And I think we should probably try finding them now... If my map is correct, we explored the whole east and south-west side of the area pretty much around our house, finding a jungle, birch forest, taiga biome, and desert biome. If we head north, we should find a snow biome which isn't the best of options because I doubt villagers-"

Sweetie Belle yawned and stopped listening to what she liked to call his S.S : 'Serious Side'.

Her mind wandered on other things like how were the rest of the CMC doing, if they had their cutie marks yet...

"Done!" smiled Button. "We're gonna cut through the Rocky Mountains and go back down through the taiga biome. Sound like a plan?"

"Yep!" Sweetie Belle quickly went on ahead before he started to get all focused again.

Her hooves would sometimes skip and her mouth would open to sing a joyful tune.

Which Button loved by the way.
Just listening to her voice would calm him and make him happy.

"Button!"
The sweet sound of her voice became frightened and he rushed forward.

"What is it?!" he shouted, seeing that she had stopped in front of a cliff.

"This... This isn't supposed to be like this right?! I mean, a jungle biome leading strait to a cliff...? You think it's another mod?"

Button came to a halt next to her and carefully peeked down.

A waterfall was running along the walls and monsters were waiting at the bottom.

"Seems too dangerous... We'll go around. Just look at the height!" exclaimed Button, backing away.

"Yeah. That's probably a fifty block fall. Unless you manage to get in that waterfall..." thought Sweetie out loud.

"Well we won't. Come on!"

Button started to go back into the forest and his friend followed.

But the animals seemed to have a problem.
Helper was nervously clucking, the cat was jumping around and Chaser was softly growling.

"Hey... That means there's gonna be trouble!" murmured Sweetie Belle, nervously eyeing her chicken.

"I know... But what?"
As if to answer Button's question, a huge noise was heard and with a 'click!' the whole world went black.

Sweetie Belle jumped and a small whimper escaped her lips. "What now...?"

Button saw the moon and stars lift up.
"Another glitch perhaps...? Looks like night fell!"

"But... The monsters! We've gotta get back to the house now!"

Sweetie Belle started running in the opposite direction.

"Right behind you!"
Button ran after her.

He barely escaped a zombie popping up next to him.
Then a creeper arrived but quickly folded back because of Diamond.

"Sweetie Belle!" screamed Button, loosing her in the darkness. "Wait!"

A scream was his only reply and he pushed himself to the limits to go find her.

She was hitting a creeper, keeping it away but a spider was wrapping it's web around her hind hooves, therefor making her toggle and fall to the ground.

Button shot an arrow through the spider and didn't worry about the already fleeing creeper.

He grabbed Sweetie's hoof and they ran.
Chaser kept teleporting for he would always stop and kill whatever he could.
Diamond was proudly hissing and scratching at every nearby creeper she could find.
And Helper. Well Helper was... Just being a normal chicken. He would even stop every so often to eat a maggot or some other insect.

"Wait Button!" shouted Sweetie, panting. "That's the waterfall!"

"We don't have a choice! They're pushing us towards here!" replied the colt, not stopping.

He only did when they were at the very edge.

"Now what?" whispered Sweetie Belle.

Button gulped.
She's right... Now what? We can't possibly jump! And we'll get torn apart if we go back!

"I..."

"We have to jump!" suddenly said Sweetie, taking a step forward.

"Are you crazy?! How would we even survive the fall?!"

"The water! Now come on!" She continued her way to the edge and gave the horrified Button a smile.
"I'll go first and drop some more water on my way down okay?"

The brown foal didn't have the time to stop her.
She simply took another step and disappeared in the darkness.

"Sweetie Belle!" yelled Button, tears coming up to his eyes.

He didn't think and jumped strait after her.

The wind was blowing around him and his stomach turned upside down.
He couldn't focus.
His only thought was on the stupid thing he had just done and the death that would come after.

Then he hit the water hard and cried in pain.
But he didn't die.

His ears were ringing because of the loud noise the waterfall was making and he couldn't make out where he was.

"Sweetie Belle!" he called out, trying to wiped the water out of his eyes. "Please answer! Sweetie Belle!"

For a second, only the roar of the waterfall answered him.
Then a cry :
"B... Button! Where are you?!"

Relief almost made the colt drop to his knees.
"I don't know! Wait... I'll come to you!"

He proceeded to make his way in the icy cold water, squinting his eyes in the darkness.

Then he saw her.

Her wet mane was dripping all over the place.
Her sparkly eyes were gone, only replaced by fear.

She was paddling to him.

Button didn't even have time register what had happened.
He just felt hooves wrap around his neck and a warm body pressing against his.

"I thought... I thought you didn't make it!" she sobbed, loudly enough to be heard over the sound of the waterfall.

Anger went through Button's body. "And you?! What's your problem?! You could have been killed! Do you even know what I would have done after?! Do you even know how much I care about you?!"

Her big eyes widened.
"You.. you care about me that much?"

Button felt frustrated. "Yeah! I do okay?! It's... It's... I..."

Sweetie buried her face in his chest. "... love you"

Button stopped breathing.
Was he dreaming?

But her soft fur against his brought him back to reality.
His smiled widened and he felt tears in his eyes again.

"Me too..."

The moon gently shined on their two bodies, illuminating them in white as they both closed their eyes and enjoyed each other's embrace.