• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 2,721 Views, 246 Comments

SweetieMashMinecraftAdventures YAY! - CristalGalaxy



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash are transported to the video game they like so much... And things aren't as fun as you would think they are...

  • ...
18
 246
 2,721

10. Not An Update

Sweetie Belle popped her head out of the water, gasping for breath.
She shook her head and attempted to crawl out, feeling numb.

The fall had been long and had ended with a big, hard splash.

Sweetie Belle was sure she had flashed red.

She painfully swam to the shore, panting and finally made it out before collapsing in exhaustion.
Sweetie found the strength to lift up her head and saw dozens of heads popping out from all the way above them.
Speaking of them...

Sweetie stood up and looked around, feeling panic arouse in her chest.
"Button...?!"

"Yeah I'm here..." a weak voice answered her from the other side of the pit.

"Thank Celestia! You healing?"

"Yep. I'll swim to you give me a minute..."

Sweetie nodded then realized that he probably couldn't see her since she couldn't even see her own hooves in the darkness.
"Okay..."

The minute went by very slowly until she heard the water move.
"Alright I'm coming, I'll help you up..." she said, sticking her hoof in the dark water.

"What?!" the voice came from farther away than the noise of the water. "I'm not even in the water yet!"

"Huh???!"

Sweetie Belle quickly put her hoof out of the water and gasped.
"B... But what's swimming down there?!"

A silence followed her words as they both listened.
The water was splashing about.

"B... Button...?"

"Do you have torches?"
His calm voice reassured her as she checked her inventory / pockets.

"Uh y... yeah...

Sweetie shakily took out a torch and placed it on the floor.
It gave a shaky light and Sweetie Belle smiled.

She had forgotten how much she missed the light.

The white filly then turned to Button that she could barely see over the seven or eight blocks of water.

He was inspecting the waters.

Sweetie Belle was about to ask how he was doing when something jumped out of the water.

They both screamed and quickly retreated back.

The thing had a fin. And was gray.
And we mustn't forget the big sharp teeth...

"A... A shark?!" yelled Sweetie, panicking.

"Wait... That's impossible! The new update can't contain sharks!"

"Well can you explain what that was?!"

"I... It looks like something from a mod... You know like animals plus or something..."

A sickening silence came in.
Then :
"HUUUUUUUUH??!"

"Just an assumption!"

"You're kidding! How could some pony install a mod in your computer?! That's surreal!"

Button shrugged. "Maybe... Maybe... Ugh... I actually have no idea..."

"This is unacceptable Button! You don't think your mother would do that right...?"

"No..."

Sweetie Belle sighted. "How are we getting out now? I can't even get to you!"

"We can... we can mine!"

"I don't have my pickaxe..."

Button frowned. "Then... You have a crafting table?"

Sweetie shook her head and the brown foal grunted.
"Then I'm short for ideas..."
He sat down and put his hooves over his ears, sign that he was trying to concentrate.

The sight of his hooves made Sweetie Belle remember when they had jumped.
She smiled at the memory of him unexpectedly grabbing her hoof and pulling her out of harm's way.

You're such a brave colt... It's amazing really... How did I never notice that before?

Button interrupted her thoughts by suddenly jumping up and
screaming : "Chaaaaaaser!"

A few seconds later, the young pup appeared out of nowhere, wagging his tail at the sight of his master.
"Good boy!"

"How did you know he'd come?" Sweetie Belle said, raising an eyebrow.

"I didn't."

So brave...

"Okay, here's the plan! We're all going to jump in the water and get that thing!"

"Waaaa?!" Too brave! "But... It's so dark!"

"If you don't want to do it, only Chaser and I will don't worry!"

Sweetie Belle frowned. "As if! I'm so helping! Ready to do this?!"

Button gave a small smile and squinted his eyes. "Let's do it!"

He jumped first followed by his dog and the white filly.

His vision was limited under water for it was dark.

He slashed his sword around blindly and felt like he hit something... right before a giant set of teeth sunk into his hind leg, pulling him deeper into the depths of the cave water.

Button felt very weak.
His last thought was : Why aren't you in salt water idiot?

Sweetie Belle on the other hoof, saw red up ahead.
She swam towards it and saw brown fur flashing.
You're not taking MY Button away!

She felt her air reserves go down but bravely continued to follow the shark deep.

Finally she managed to grab onto Button's hoof and pulled upwards with all her strength.

At last, she was out and breathing in the damp cave air.
Button was struggling to swim back to the shore so she helped him up, gently applying some weight on his stomach incase he needed water to come out.

"Alright Button! I think we kinda messed up there..."

The foal laughed but then chocked a bit.
Sweetie Belle felt herself blush for no reason as she saw him open wide his mouth and let out the joyful sound of laughter.
They were so close and in such an awkward position - her holding him down, a hoof on his stomach and him not caring about it at all and simply laughing at what she had just said.
Times change...

"I think we should get going. I can make a crafting table with the wood in my inventory. Could you make a pickaxe from there?" asked Button, getting up.

"Oh sure!"

In a few minutes they had done that and Sweetie was about to dig the pick in the first block when Button suddenly jumped in the water.

"Uh..." muttered the white filly, turning around and seeing there was no pony there. "Huuuuuh?! Button!"

He emerged out of the water and quickly crawled back to her, holding a white, furry animal in his arms.

"You could have called me!"

Her anger died down as she saw a tear slip from Button's eye.
"Chaser... Please..."

"Steak! Now!" yelled Sweetie, throwing the meat strait in the foal's face in her precipitation.

Button fed it to the little dog that seemed to move a bit.
The brown colt stood up, shocked.
"B... But I thought he was dead! He was just there in the water, flashing red!"

"Well, Doctor Sweetie Belle helped so he's fine now!" nervously laughed the filly, glad that the pup was okay.

"Let's go back up..."

Button seemed different.
A pang of jealousy shot through Sweetie's heart. Was he more worried about that little dog dying than her?

The white filly then shook her head. Jealousy was not needed right now.

They started to mine upwards, creating a small staircase and going around caves and other dangerous places.

Button was feeling horrible.
I don't understand anything anymore! This game is driving me crazy... We don't even have any clues about going out.
Every single day is another moment where death is just around the corner. Our luck will run out pretty soon...
And why am I so stupid...?! I just risked Sweetie Belle's life by trying to be a hero again!
The one thing I am certain about our luck, is that I have her.
And even though we're nothing but friends, I enjoy being in her company...
A tear rolled down Button's cheek and he quickly wiped it.

"Hey Button...?"

"Yeah?" answered the brown colt, resuming his mining.

"Do you mind if I ask you why you were um... kinda weird after that slime swallowed you...?" hesitated Sweetie, placing another torch on the wall.

"It's... It's a long story!"

Sweetie sighted as she looked down.
"We have a long time ahead of us!"

"Okay then..."


5 years ago
Button's home

"Mooooom!" a little brown foal came trotting out of the kitchen. "Hungry!"

"You'll just have to wait for dinner honey. It's in barely an hour..."

The foal frowned and a rebellious expression appeared on his face.
"I'm not waiting that long..." muttered the colt, marching up to his room.

He laid on the bed and wondered what to do...
That's when he got an idea.

"I'm just gonna have to sneak out and buy something myself just like a real adventurer!" A mischievous grin formed on his face as he slowly opened his window before peeking out.
"Okay Button... You can do this! Just... Just jump and land on that tree over there!"

The tree was quite far away and after reflecting on it, Button decided that it probably was a bad idea.
He was about to give up when a pink pony pulling a cart with a giant cubic mass of gooey thing came jumping over.

Button smiled.
If he was lucky, she was going to pass strait under him and he could jump down and not even hurt himself!

"Ohhh I just can't wait! Rarity is gonna be soooooo happy with her gelatin giant diamond shaped cake!" the pink pony chirped to herself. "Just gotta finish sculpting it at Sugar Cube Corner and I'm done!"

Button jumped.

Big mistake.
He didn't know that he would land strait into the substance.
He just thought that he'd simply bounce off it.

And now there he was, stuck in the cyan cube prison.
The pony pulling the cart wasn't turning around.

And Button was suffocating.
He couldn't move or breathe and couldn't even cry for help.

The pony was humming.
He could barely hear her but a slight sound came to his frozen ears.

I can't die like this! It's so frustrating!

Things began to waver in front of the colt's eyes and he felt light headed.
I'm falling... It's... It's all black...


"After that I fainted. Apparently, my mother came out at the right moment and literally teared apart the thing to get me back. That's where my fear came from."

Sweetie Belle continued to walk forward in silence.
Then :
"I'm really sorry for asking..."

"Meh it's fine! It happened a long time ag-"

Button was cut off by a rumbling sound.
The walls stared to shake just as he dug out the last block and as natural sunlight poured out.

"B... Button!" shouted Sweetie Belle, crawling out.

"Another update...?!" yelled Button, following.

"No... Not an update!"

Sweetie Belle was looking at the sky, seeming terrified.

The sky was covered by messages. And they kept arriving.

Twenty, maybe thirty were plastered all around the world, almost blocking out the sunlight.
And they were all saying the same thing :

Mod Installed, Mod Installed, Mod Installed...

Author's Note:

I thought It would be kinda cool to see Button's past... or not whatever ^^'

Don't hesitate on commenting, I always inspire myself from what you guys say!