• Published 14th Jul 2015
  • 490 Views, 19 Comments

Paralyzed Ponies Log - Crux



A journal style story about a college student named Chris that gets stuck in Equestria as a paralyzed pony with knowledge of the universe. A bravest Warriors Displacement story.

  • ...
15
 19
 490

PPL Day 1 - 2

Today I saw the edges of the universe, the exact size of time, the answer to questions that I still cannot comprehend and for this knowledge, what did I have to do? Well, I had to become a paralyzed pony of course. I guess I should start from the beginning. My name was Chris and I was a pretty normal British, 19 year old with a love for cartoons, video games, anime, you know, nerd stuff.

My friends and I had decided to go to the London Anime and Gaming Convention together and we thought it would be cool to all cosplayed. The only problem there was deciding of a theme for our cosplay. We game up with different designs for coplays involving One Piece, Pokemon, World of Warcraft, etc. We eventually decided on going as the cast of the internet cartoon Bravest Warriors, Luke going as Danny, Jonathon as Chris, Scott went as Wallow, my girlfriend Becky went as Beth and I, of course, went as the paralyzed horse with the crazy psychic powers, mostly because I didn't have the money to make giant gloves and I already had a rubber horse head from the previous going.

The trip there wasn't anything spectacular, we got the train the day before, we stayed at a hotel a few streets away from the convention centre and got take-out the same night. The first day was quiet a lot of fun with everything going to plan. We stayed together as a group and took part in the cosplay contest, which we came 2nd place behind a group of Warhammer 40K cosplayers, we posed for a few pictures, we got some sweet con swag and had dinner at Frankie and Benny's. The next day was when everything went south for me.

We went back to the con early in the morning with our costumes still on and we had decided to split up for the day. Luke wanted to check out the card game corner to see if he could get his hands on some special rare cards for his new decks, Jonathon and Scott headed to the Smash Bros tournament in the next building over and Becky and I wanted to listen to the voice actor’s panel for Cartoon Network.

About 30 minutes before the panel we decided to check out the merchants tables to see what might be leftover from yesterday. Becky as some point went to the toilets and had agreed to meet up at the panel. That was the last time I saw her because shortly afterwards I had decided to get her something as a surprise gift. I should probably mention that Becky is a massive Brony/Pegasister. There isn't a day that goes by when I'm with her and she doesn't had something My Little Pony related, either it's her Rainbow Dash t-shirt or her Fluttershy sweeter or her Spike the Dragon plushie she likes to carry around. I don't dislike this at all, most of the time I don't even notice it and others I find it very cute. She's showed me the show many times and I have liked some episodes, especially the ones with Discord, but it's just not for me.

I came across a MLP themed booth with plushies, posters, books and even the card game which Becky and Luke play for fun. I looked around to see anything of particulate interest but it all seemed very standard stuff. I inquired the merchant about it and after leaving for about a minute he came back with a small wooden box. Inside the box was what looked like an Element of Harmony but with a very different design, where the ones from the show were golden necklaces with each of the Mane 6's cutie marks, this one had a design that I've never seen before. The thing seemed normal enough but I should of been more careful since when I asked him about the item all he told me was that it was one of a kind and that I was destined to buy it, whatever he meant by that. So with low on both time and options I decided to buy the thing, £20 wasn't a bad price at all, considering the detail of the design and the quality of the craftsmanship. After the transaction I walked 2 steps and everything went blue, then dark, then dark green since I woke up in the middle of a dense forest as a pony.

One would think that I would of been freaking out at this point, and you would be right if I wasn't too busy trying to contemplate the gigantic amount of information being streamed into my mind. I saw images at random of the cosmos, places of nothing and places that had everything and more. I could hear the voices of trillions of beings across time and space, not one making a lick of sense. I was like this for hours, just staring endlessly into the void and reality of everywhere. I finally came back to my present reality at the sunrise of the next day, what would be the final day of the con. Everyone's probably worried sick about me, especially Becky, she worries about me when I don't brush my teeth before going to bed. Although, if she knew where I was and what I was doing, she would probably be more jealous and would probably want to swap places.

The next few hours weren't anything more than me trying to move my new paralyzed pony body but apparently I didn't get the psychic powers with the transformation, or I just don't know how to use them yet. Although by mid-day I had some company and my first clue to where I had ended up. Of course it couldn't have been anything friendly that would have found me first, it had to be a pack of Timberwolves looking for a quick meal. My knowledge on Timberwolves wasn't the best, they had only appeared in the show once or twice and it wasn't like I watched the show religiously so I only knew 2 things: first, they come from the Everfree Forest, gives me another clue to where I am and second, Spike defeated them with a pebble. Well since I couldn't move my body that option was out the window and pretty much any chance I had of fighting these things.

Luckily I didn't have to. Just before a Timberwolf could get too close to my neck a voice came from the forest, followed by a sudden flash of light. The next thing I knew, the area was covered with light blue smoke and the Timberwolves were running in every direction away from the area. After they were long gone, a clocked figure appeared from behind me and gave me a quick look over. The figure had also tried to get a response from me but sadly, I was still paralyzed but the figure did happen to figure out that I was alive from checking my pulse and listening to my heart.

Nice to know that it was still working, I can't feel anything below my head.

After a while he, or she, had decided that I was worth saving and had lifted me onto his, or her, back and walked off into the forest. Throughout the trip, the cloaked figure continued to get a response from me, asking me question after question, all in rhymes for some reason. There was something very familiar about it but at the time I couldn't quite put my finger ... hoof (?) ... on it.

After a bit of traveling we arrived at a small hut that was apparently made out of an old tree of sorts. Inside was a variety of oddities from weird shaped glass containers, like bottles and cups, to giant wooden masks that decorated the walls. At the centre of the hut there was a large black cauldron with what appeared to be some sort of brew, probably dinner for later. The figure lied me down on the bed next to one of the windows and then left me by heading into one of the other rooms after making sure I was placed correctly. After several minutes of silence the figure came back, this time without the cloak and to my surprise is was Zecora.

At this point I was ready to kick myself in the side of the head for not realizing soon. I mean, I recognized the Timberwolves at first glance and I had only seen them once, Zecora's appeared way more times in the show then those mutts.

She had returned with a small vial in her mouth. My guess was that it was some kind of potion to help me with being paralyzed.

I was right. Unfortunately Zecora stated that the potion probably won't kick in until I fall asleep so with nothing to do and nothing I could do, I lay there and allowed my mind to fall into the darkness of sleep.

Author's Note:

I'm also really surprised that I couldn't find a crossover story between MLP and the Horse from Bravest Warriors, it seems like a really obvious idea.

Also don't be afraid to point out any mistakes in regards to the show or to the grammar and spelling I use

I hope to hear from you soon and have a great day