• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 1,560 Views, 25 Comments

Red Dead ReDerption - CompleteChaos21



Gunslinger Joan Derpston returns to Frontier Equestria to kill her old friends or lose the last thing she has to fight for in her life, her daughter.

  • ...
5
 25
 1,560

Prologue

Red Dead Rederption

Prologue:
Exodus, Isolation, Silence, and Death. The bursting cities and the dusty towns. The Equestrian frontier: savage animals, savage weather, and savage ponies. The home for many riddled with wickedness and hatred. Chaos brings death and with death is destruction. Plagued by disease and villainy, the frontier life is harsh but welcomed by many. The outlaws whom roam the land freely, killing and taking what and who they want. What’s to stop them in this wasteland, the Equestrian Frontier. Society makes its push into the simple lives of the frontier ponies, a push that all in the west have rejected. Future and change, safety and industry, these simpletons don’t want to be apart of the glorious future of Equestria. We strive for the betterment of all, and so far it has worked, many of the frontier towns welcome our help and aide. They wish to be free of the scum and wretchedness that this “wild west” brings them. They want to fight against us. I know you have a very good relationship with whom my associates have told you about. Remember your mission, were doing this to stop this bloodshed not create unnecessary amounts of it. When this is over you can return to living “that” life that you have chosen for you and your family. Remember Mrs. Derpston we are watching, we will intervene if you fail your mission. Your status: “Disposable.” Do good and we’ll make it different. We have a common goal you know. I want this over as much as the last pony but…your destiny is calling you. My associates, Twilight Ross and Spike Fordham, have debriefed you on your balloon ride down. Don’t fail us Derpston, because the only person who will see your failure is the one we have taken.

-Sincerely and with great pleasure,

Princess Celestia.

This world is harsh and it was made harsh by those ponies, not us outlaws. I am no longer an outlaw but we did what we did and we were justified. We took from those high society snooty colt killers and gave it to those of us less fortunate, there is a reason we live in the “Wild” west. The train was here, Ross and her assistant stood behind me, “Goodbye and Good luck, my little pony,” said Ross. Derpston turned her head back and tipped her hat respectfully and then boarded the train. With a huff and puff of warm steam the train engine shuddered and pulled-off. The miserably musty smelling passenger cars were crammed with ponies of different races and genders. Many of them looked well groomed and pampered, they were obviously city ponies sent by Celestia and the Futurism bureau. Mrs. Derpston found a seat behind a unicorn in a black tuxedo and a white mare in a purple dress. Behind her sat two unicorns in red and blue dresses. They spoke of how much better there society was compared to this dusty frontier. Derpston thought to her self, so destroying our western culture of freedom and uninterrupted living is making society better. Your interruption into our lives, that’s why there is a civil war going on here between us frontiers mares and you city folk. Celestia’s letter was right, to some extent; many of the frontier towns had accepted your aide. With that we mean the trains, telegrams, and the farming equipment. We never welcomed your hypocrisy and the destruction of our culture.

Derpston leaned against the window of the train and looked at the 2 fillies sitting next to there mother on the opposite side of the train. They were young, young and innocent, too young for the horrors of what this wild frontier held. The one filly gave her a curious look and began staring into her eyes; Derpston felt her left eye droop down. She quickly picked it up but soon it drooped again and she repeated this process for the next 3 minutes. The little filly began to giggle at her; the little one was a purple Pegasus with green eyes, she wore a dress that faded from black at the bottom of the dress to white at the top. Derpston finally got control of her eyes as the train sputtered and hissed to a halt at ponyvile station. Tipping her hat to the little filly who was smiling at her she quickly exited the train. Upon exiting the black train she was greeted with a hot gust of dusty air. The sun beamed down on Derpston’s flank, she observed the town in front of her. Ponyvile was the closest town by train from Canterlot. It wasn’t the greatest looking place but it was much more welcomed sight than the red canyons and cactus spotted deserts of the mountain lands in between Canterlot and Ponyvile. The train hissed a couple times and the conductor called for all who were going to ride it to get on. Then it was gone and when the dust had settled Derpston turned around and looked at the cloud formation on the horizon. Fort Cloudsdale! Derpston felt a tug her rancher outfit. She turned to look at the little filly from the train.

“I just wanted to say thank you ma’am for being funny for me! It was real nice of you to do that for me,” she smiled and her eyes got big and lit up with innocence.

Derpston laughed a little uneasily, “Uhhh…sure kid, its no problem…ehehe.”

She continued to smile, then her mother called for her and she dashed off. “She reminds me a lot of you my little muffin,” Derpston told herself. She set her eyes on the fort in the distance and then set off on the crumbly dirt path. The lonely road, the road traveled by very few, but traveled too much by Mrs. Derpston. She clinched her teeth and walked forward, the sun covering every inch of the ground ahead of her. If her mission didn’t kill her, this heat most certainly could. The path twisted and turned up hill sides and rocky curves. The ground became less and less beaten down the further she ventured to the fort. Birds circled overhead and a large lifeless body lay still on the road. Derpston sat down on the path and doffed her hat in respects for the dead stallion. Her long blonde mane and tail began blowing with the dusty winds. She returned her hat to her head and dusted off her jacket. Then, and suddenly a hiss came from the body. She knew what that hiss belonged to and she drew her revolver from the harness on her hind faster than the wind its self blew. BANG!...smoke floated out of the barrel of Derpston’s revolver. The carcass of a rattlesnake lay in front of her. She holstered her weapon then turned her head around and grabbed a knife in her mouth and began skinning the snake.

“Ugh! I…I hate snakes…” Derpston sighed as she gripped the knife with her hooves and made the last incision into the snake.

Derpston raised her head up and stared at the towering Fort Cloudsdale that floated in front of her. She gave a serious glare at the pretty clouds and rainbows spewing from the fort. A scorching hot breeze buffeted Derpston, her cowmares clothing being pulled at by the strong currents. She reached to her flank and grabbed her revolver wrapping her hoof around it and standing on three hooves with the gun pointing at the forts gates.

“Dyslex! I’ve come for you Dyslex! Come out here right now.” Yelled Derpston.

A mare’s voice shouts from behind the fort walls, “Go away Joan, don’t make me kill you.”

“Nopony needs to die Dyslex.” Responded Derpston who held her revolver steadily at the gates to the floating fort.

Dyslex appeared, she had a mint green colored coat and long scraggly mane that was a pale cyan color and highlighted with white. Her unicorn’s horn poked out from underneath her cowmares hat. Then she said, “You must think I was born on the moon. You always thought I was an idiot…cause I couldn’t read right! It’s funny that you were a better reader than me you’re the one with the eye problems!”

“Come on now Dyslex. That ain’t fair. You was my sister. I’m just tryin’ to save you,” said Joan, she noticed Dyslex wasn’t alone as a large group of mares and stallions popped up from behind the fort walls, all with guns in there hooves.

Dyslex chuckled, “Do I look like I need saving?”

“Dyslex, please! They want to banish us to the moon. I can help you.”

“Well, you never tried to save me before. You only seemed to save yourself.” Dyslex’s horn glowed and her own revolver began floating next to her.

“Dyslex, I implore you, think about this.”

“You implore me? YOU implore ME? You always were one for them fancy words. Well things are different now, Joan. Now, I’m in charge! No more Epileps and no more you. Implores. I, I implores you to go back and tell them to send someone just a little bit more impressive next time. More appropriately not some filly-fooler like you!”

“That’s funny! Last I remember it was you and schizo that was foolin!” Derpston shouted and raised her weapon straight at Dyslex. A mare on the left side of the fort fired at Joan. The bullet went straight through Derpstons body. She collapsed on the ground.

“Poor Joan.” Dyslex shook her head and then disappeared behind the walls with the rest of her gang.

The sun was now setting, a cart pulled by a red coated stallion rolled up to where Derpston was laying. A light orange coated mare wearing a flower laced hat jumped out and ran to the unconscious mare. She waved to the red stallion. He ran over and they both picked up Joan’s body and carried her to the wagon. Then the stallion ran to the front of the cart and began to pull it away, quickly leaving behind dust were Derpston once laid.