• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 1,561 Views, 25 Comments

Red Dead ReDerption - CompleteChaos21



Gunslinger Joan Derpston returns to Frontier Equestria to kill her old friends or lose the last thing she has to fight for in her life, her daughter.

  • ...
5
 25
 1,561

Chapter 2: Political Realities in Ponyville

Chapter 2:

Joan gently pushed the door to Marshal Dash Johnson’s office open. The office was small and only had 2 prisoner cells. One of the cells was locked shut and had a prisoner who was sitting against the wall; the other cell was open and had a pony sleeping in it. The prisoner watched Joan enter and looked over at the pony sleeping in the cell next to him.

“Hey! Hey! You gots a visitor.” He yelled at the sleeping pony.

He stumbled out of the bed; he was a unicorn a bit shorter than Derpston with a pale cyan coat and a short dark orange colored mane. “Shut up you! And, and whats you want?”

“My name is Joan Derpston. Marshal Dash wanted to speak to me.”

“Ehh…uhh why?” asked the short pony.

“Cause were both in the business of law. Whats a colt like you doing in the business of law & order?” asked Joan.

“Hey! I ain’t no colt! I’m the marshal’s deputy. Where’s a strange mare like you from anyway!?”

Joan pushed the brim of her hat up a little bit, “I’m from Fort Cloudsdale.”

The lawpony grabbed his revolver and pointed it at Derpston as she did the same to retaliate, “What! Are you one of Dyslex’s fillies,” he yelled.

“Calm Down hotshot”

The prisoner had climbed on his cell bars, “Go on boy! Shoot em shoot em.”

A brash voice rose from the doorway to the office, “Now, whats going on here?”

“Marshal Dash! I got me one of them Dyslex mares!”

“And I got one of them idiots putting a shameful name on lawponies like us!”

“Alright, Snipes put your gun down. You’re the mare from Canterlot ain’t you?” Marshal Dash commanded Snipes and he at once put his gun away and began to look shamefully at the floor.

“Yes I am. This deputy of yours ain’t the brightest one on the block, but he’s loyal.”

“I’d hope he’d be. Means I’ve been teaching him right. Loyalty in the battlefield means noponies left behind and you live together or die together.” Marshal Dash came in and sat on her desk while Deputy Snipes left the office.

“Those are some good morals to have. Wish the gang had some of those.” Derpston cracked a smile from under her hat.

“Ma’am if that old gang of yours had any morals at all, now I believe that you wouldn’t be in this situation then.” Marshal Dash sat back on her desk her rainbow mane poking out from under her hat. Her light turquoise coat showed only on her face, the rest of it being covered by her Marshal’s uniform. “Now, apart from scaring some intelligence into my deputies, I assume you know what I’ve called you in here for.”

Joan put her front 2 hooves on the marshal’s desk and stared him straight in her eyes, Derpstons being derpy obviously. “Well I know your going to help me kill or capture Dyslex. But let me guess, I’m going to have to help you first.”

Marshal Dash rested her chin on a crooked hoof, “Just like old times right. Now Fort Cloudsdale is on the border of my jurisdiction. You help me and my deputies in and around town and maybe I’ll find the kindness in my heart to expand the area I’m willing to fight in. Now you best be thinking of a plan in that derpy little mind of yours about how were going to attack that floating fortress. I ain’t no coward but I ain’t suicidal.”

Joan smirked at the Marshal, “You talking reminds me of why a lot of my respected colleagues had a problem with the law…now whats wrong with you?”

Marshal Dash sat back in her desk chair and removed her hat, her rainbow mane flowed out from under it and covered most of her face, “Lets see, I’ve got drunks in the cider & salt saloon yelling that they’ll shoot everypony, the railroad wants to burn down a small settlement north of here so they can add more tracks, got missing ponies, murderous back country settlers, and its still early.”

“Let’s go deal with them fillies in the saloon first. Then we can worry about plans for Fort Cloudsdale.”

Marshal Dash brushed her hair back with her hoof and replaced her hat to its rightful spot, “You’re a persistent little girl ain’t you.”

Joan grinned at Dash, “Only when I need to be.”

The two mares left the office and trotted down to the Ponyvile Cider Saloon. “So who we looking for Marshal?”

“Some 8-bit hoodlums, led by a filly named Walton. They watch the roads and attack any coaches that travel down them, they don’t kill em but robbery is still a crime right?!”

As the two neared the saloon, a fuchsia colored stallion stumbled out of the saloon and trotted behind the saloon and out of sight.

“Joan that was Walton, we gotta follow him, quietly.” Joan and Marshal Dash followed Walton through some hills and rolling plains till they got to a rocky area with twin rocks rising above the hills. “Now this is where he and his cronies are held up.”

“Why don’t we just shoot him now and move to our next problem?” questioned Derpston.

“Dead people can’t talk. And I know Walton’s got people over in Pike’s basin. He talks and we’ll know there exact location and what there planning to do there too!” Joan watched the twin rock area, then she noticed a peculiar object on the rocks.
BANG! A bullet whipped past Joan and Dash’s head.

“Looks like we’ve got company boys!!” yelled the stallion on the rock.

“Take cover behind these rocks, we’ll work our way up from there!” Joan and Dash ducked behind some large rocks at the base of a hill. They each drew there revolvers and poked there heads out and fired at the charging ponies.

“If they just keep charging, oh pony this will be the easiest gun fight I ever one.” Joan hurdled over her cover and rushed up to a wagon. Derpston now had a clear shot on the riflepony on the rocks, she lined up her shot, BANG, the rifleponies body fell off the rock and smacked into the ground. “Haha, hope the ground tastes good.”

Marshal Dash moved up next to Joan she inspected the battlefield quickly, “I’ll pop out and give you a few covering shots, you move up to the left side, from there you’ll have a clear shot on anyone I don’t hit.” Joan nodded at Marshal Dash agreeing to her plan. Dash swung around the wagon and fired three shots, which all hit 3 different ponies. Joan galloped around the left side of the rocks and took cover behind a short white wall. When she looked up from cover only one stallion was left standing. Marshal Dash yelled at the stallion and he jerked around panicking. Joan jumped up on her back 2 hooves and held her revolver out in front of her. She fired. BANG! The bullet flew through the stallions head and blood splattered all over the white wall in front of him.

“Walton’s cowering inside that house like a little foal! And Derpston lets take him alive!” Joan and Dash lined up next to the door. Dash busted open the door and the 2 rushed inside and pointed there revolvers at Walton, whom was jamming a weapon under his chin.

“I ain’t gonna let you take me alive!” Walton pulled the hammer back on his revolver and as he did so he pulled it away from his body for a second. Derpston reacted fast, she fired a shot right into Walton’s left hoof. Walton let out a scream and dropped his revolver. Marshal Dash tackled Walton and grappled him on the ground; she rose up her right hoof then slammed it down into Walton’s face, knocking him out. She reached out to her flank and grabbed a pair of handcuffs and locked up Walton’s hooves.

“Your one hell of a shot, Mrs. Derpston. Why don’t you check in with me next time your in town.” Marshal Dash threw the unconscious Walton onto her back.

“I don’t see being a policemare as my future.”

“Neither did I Mrs. Derpston, I’ll tell you that!” Marshal Dash cantered down the trail and was out of sight. Joan took off her hat and stared into the rising moon, the light wind blew her mane about. She returned her hat to her head.

“Now ain’t this a nightmare!” Joan weaved between the dead bodies and galloped down the trail.