• Published 9th Jul 2015
  • 2,128 Views, 166 Comments

Such A New Place - ILIKEBOOKS



When a young orphaned dragon has to move from her home, little did she know that she would go on a life changing adventure.

  • ...
10
 166
 2,128

Chapter 9 Talking, Camping and Horrible Nightmares

In The Castle of Friendship

"She's still in her room?"

"Ah'm afraid so Rares." Applejack closed the door behind her. "What do we do?"

"I honestly don't know. This is the first time I ever had to deal with this kind of situation."

"Celestia knows how long she'll be in there."

"Maybe Pinkie Pie could cheer her up?" Rarity suggested.

"Ah don't think so, Twilight is in a bad way right now. Ah just want her to be back to her old self, besides Pinkie Pie is not well suited for this kind of friendship problem."

"I suppose you're right, but I don't see the harm in trying."

"Ah guess we could try."

Applejack glanced at Twilight's bedroom door. We'll get ya back to your old self

Rarity began to walk through the corridor and Applejack did so as well.

"I can't believe she will just stay there and cry all day."

"Rarity, ya know just as well as ah do that Twilight is in one heck of a mess."

"None of this is her fault though"

"That isn't the issue, Twilight blames herself for Spike being banished."

"She shouldn't be so sad Applejack, no friend of mine should be in such a state of despair." Rarity sighed. "Why did Spike have to attack us?"

"I don't know Rarity," Applejack took of her stetson. "Something must of snapped inside of him."

"He'd never try to hurt us, but he did."

"Both Dim Sum and Spike are banished, they didn't even have a trial."

"Something is off about this whole situation."

"Ah guess we'll just have to wait and find out what that is."

In the woods

Spike and Dim Sum walk through the forest. They follow the trail which would lead them to the mountain.

"Wow, isn't this place just beautiful?"

"I guess so."

"Come on Spike! We're in the middle of a forest with nothing but beauty surrounding us."

"Eh, you see one forest; you see them all"

"Not to me Spike."

"Well I guess your just a different case." Spike looked up at the sky which was covered in a cascade of orange and red. Which only meant that nighttime would be coming soon.

"We should probably stop to set up camp." Spike said.

"It is getting dark out."

"Come on, let's get started."

A hour later

The once orange sky was replaced by the white moon and stars. Princess Luna must of went all out to make this night extra pretty.

The wood cracked and popped as the fire burned its way through it. Another piece of wood was placed on top of the fire, it in turn was engulfed in flames. Spike smacked his hands together and sighed. "Well hopefully this'll burn for a while." He sat down on a fallen tree.

"And if it doesn't, well we'll just have to blow fire on ourselves to warm up." Dim Sum suggested.

"That's always comfortable." Spike put his hands in the burning ash. "Ahh that's the stuff."

Dim Sum shook her head. "What am I gonna do with you?"

"Hey, I never forced you to come with me but seriously though, why did you come with me?"

"I feel obligated to, if I never told you how I felt about your relationship with your friends, you wouldn't have to worry about going on some quest to find a magical gem in some giant forest."

"I'm glad this happened, who knows what would of happened if I stayed completely oblivious to the evil demon pony that lives in my heart."

"Speaking of evil demon ponies who is King Sombra?" Dim Sum asked.

"Well I got one heck of a story to tell ya." Spike cleared his throat. "A long time ago there was this city made completely made of crystal. It was called The Crystal Empire, even the ponies were made of crystal."

"The ponies were made of crystal?" Dim Sum said skeptically.

"Yeah, I was telling a story. Rude." Spike continued. "King Sombra ruled The Crystal Empire, he was a ruthless tyrant and he enslaved all of his subjects. Some say he was planning to overtake all of Equestria. He is heinous and evil to the core. Good thing he was imprisoned in ice and wasn't seen again for nearly a thousand years. That was until the Crystal Empire returned."

"What happened next?" Dim Sum asked.

"Well Twilight and her friends embarked on a mission to save the crystal ponies and defeat King Sombra. They went through many problems along the way. Luckily yours truely helped defeat Sombra. I got a crystal statue modeled after me and I get treated like royalty"

"Treated like royalty? That's the part I doubt."

"It's true, every word. So I'm a bit of a big shot." Spike flexed his muscles and sighed. "Nopony is gonna mess with me." He pulled his sword out. "Especially with this beauty."

"Do you usually flirt with weapons?"

"No, but this baby is an exception" Spike put the sword back into its sheath.

"Ugh, get a room"

Spike glanced around. "Do ya see any nearby hotels?" He scanned through the treeline. "Nope nothing but trees, trees and more trees"

"Okay, you made your point." Dim Sum poked the firewood with her finger. "We haven't even made it to the mountain, I don't know how long this is going to take."

"How about we ignore the time it takes and just try to enjoy the trip?"

"Fine, what do you suggest?"

"Let's just talk."

"Talk? Uh, sure. What do you want to talk about?"

Spike shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, we could play truth or dare."

"Don't we need another dragon for that?"

"I have no idea."

"You haven't been to many sleepovers have you?" Dim Sum asked.

"Not really. I mostly spend my time at the castle and assisting Rarity."

"Rarity?" Dim Sum cast a worried glance.

"Oh, I forgot." Spike shook his head. "I could have killed her. What does she think of me?" He looked up at the night sky. "She probably hates me now, and I don't blame her."

"You don't know that."

"I'd hate anypony who tried to murder me."

"Spike, you know that wasn't you who attacked her, It was Sombra."

"I wonder if that's true."

Dim Sum stood up and sat next to him. Spike stared at her and turned to look at the fire.

"I was in love with her." Spike said as the fire reflected off of his emerald eyes.

"What?" Dim Sum asked.

"Rarity, I was in love with Rarity." He grinned. "Not so surprising is it?."

"What does that have to do with attacking her?"

"Almost everything. As much as I hate to say it, I was a fool in love with a mare who would never even give me the time of day."

"What was it about her that made you so in love?"

"Where do I begin? She's beautiful, talented, generous, she would always find inspiration in the smallest of things. I was starstruck by her, but I guess I also hated her in a way."

"Hated? Spike surely you don't mean that"

Spike sighed. "I hated that she always treated me like a child, I hated how she would chase after stallions, I hated how she would use me like a servant and most of all I hated that I couldn't have her to myself."

"Spike, how long were you in love with her?"

"Nearly two years. I know I am a kid in their eyes, but I always held on to the hope that one day they would admire and respect me just the way I do to them."

"Spike, respect and admiration is earned not given. I can only hope that after all this is over, you and I can go back home." Dim Sum grabbed his hand which made Spike turn his head. "We'll stick together, okay?"

Spike stared into her violet eyes, he found himself unable to speak. "Y-yeah." Spike stuttered out. Dim Sum grinned and ruffled the spikes on his head.

"Everything will turn out fine, trust me."

Spike couldn't speak, for some odd reason his thoughts were completely blank. He felt his heart pumping faster than before. This was all happening because of her, as much as he doesn't want to admit it, he had felt this way about another pony before and that's what scared him. That other pony was Rarity.

Don't ruin your friendship Spike. It'll only make things harder for the both of you. Think about something else.

"We should uh...get to sleep?" Spike asked as blush was starting to cover his face.

"Oh, uh sure." Dim Sum stood up from the fallen tree. She opened the bookbag that carried their supplies, she pulled out a blanket and laid it on the floor. "Do you want a blanket Spike?"

"No, I'm fine. I'll use the fire to stay warm."

"Okay. Good night, Spike"

"Good night, Dim Sum"

Spike laid down next to the still burning fire. He gently blew some flames onto the wood. He smiled and closed his eyes.

When Spike opened his eyes he was greeted not by the forest he recently occupied, but rather a dark crystalline corridor. Looking behind him, he saw a wall. Not knowing where the corridor lead, Spike cautiously began walking. As he walked his chest tightened in fear. He felt his heart pumping, his breath became more shallow and quick. He stopped when he heard the sound of crying, he froze when he recognized those sobs.

"T-Twilight?" Spike asked. He began to run down the corridor. The sounds of crying steadily became louder and louder. Spike was afraid, not for his sake, but for the mare he loved and cared for. Spike could only hope she was safe.

When Spike reached the end of the corridor he saw Twilight sitting on the ground. Her face was covered in tears. Spike ran towards her and embraced her.

"Twilight! Are you okay?" When Spike glanced to where she was. He saw nothing but the floor. "Twilight!" He yelled.

"She's not here." A deep voice said.

When Spike turned to see the hooded figure, his eyes widened in shock.

"N-No, not you"

The figure laughed. He pulled off his gray hood to reveal his glowing green eyes. Spike shook his head in disbelief.

"No, you can't be here."

"Surprised to see me? Don't be." He sneered. "After all, your body belongs to me. Every claw, every razor sharp fang, belongs to me."

"What do you want from me!" Spike shouted.

"What do I want? Oh I want plenty of things, my kingdom back, my power, my army, but most of all... I want to see Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Twilight to suffer just as I had! I won't stop until I have my power back!"

Spike stepped back and clenched his fists. "You're a monster."

"Oh and thats not all, when I do get my hooves on them... I'll kill them; slowly, painfully, I want to hear them beg for their lives and to see their hopeless eyes as I destroy everything they hold dear." He cackled. "Nopony will stand in my way, I will conquer all of Equestria!"

"I'll stop you!"

"How? That so called magic gem? You'll never kill me. Don't worry, you'll see everything that I'll do, every innocent pony forced into cages, every colt and filly begging to see their loving family, it will all be done by your hands."

"No, no" Spike shook his head and tried his best to ignore Sombra.

Sombra slowly approached, Spike tried to run away but his body was paralyzed by fear. Sombra whispered into Spike's ear.

"Sweet dreams, Spike"

Then everything went dark.

Author's Note:

First update of 2016! Well anyway see ya in the next chapter!