• Published 7th Jul 2015
  • 3,014 Views, 65 Comments

The Mane Six Buy Their First Cars - Caddy Finz



Ever wonder what kinds of automobiles our favorite equines would use? Join the girls as they search for the car that best suits them. Those poor machines won't even know what hit them.

  • ...
2
 65
 3,014

Chapter 1: Rarity, Mistress of the Road

"Well gee wiz Flim, it looks like we have ourselves a pretty lady trotting over." Flam said as he observed a stunning white unicorn approaching their car lot.

"Why right you are, Flam." Flim replied. "It appears to be the classy friend of the local apple farmer if I'm not mistaken. Now she has a keen eye for the details!"

"I daresay that certainly looks to be the case, brother. She's trotting right over to the side where we keep the Lincolns and Cadillacs."

"Well then what are we waiting for? Let's get out there and make that sale!"

"After you, Flim."

"Why thank you, Flam."

The two brothers made their way out of the office and out to the lot where their customer was oohing and aahing over a 2013 Cadillac CTS sedan. Flim and Flam were determined to make this sale as this was one of the most expensive cars they had in their inventory. They both trotted over with the biggest and totally non creepy grins that they could possibly slap on to their faces and greeted the discerning unicorn in a way that made them look like they would have equal signs as cutie marks.

"Why, if it isn't the lovely Miss Rarity!" Flam beamed as he and his brother approached.

"How can we be of assistance, young lady?" Flim asked.

"Good morning, gentlecolts." Rarity greeted. "Judging by your growing reputation as honest salesponies as of late, I trust that you tend to run your business with genuine integrity now, am I correct?"

"Oh, but of course, miss." Flim replied as he put his right hoof over his chest and his left hoof in the air.

"Absolutely, dear." Flam said as he removed his hat. "We've come to realize that doing business that way generates better public relations and therefore we noticed increased sales and decreased arson claims on our insurance."

"Oh that's so wonderful to hear, gentlecolts." Rarity said. "I've always admired your ambition and entrepreneurship but the shady part of it was a bit...well let us just say that it most certainly did not help your image. That and I must say, Flam, I've always thought highly of that magnificent mustache and it certainly has me interested...I-in a car I mean."

Flam shot flim a "told you so" smirk while the latter rolled his eyes and began the conversation that could rake in a healthy profit if it went well or cost them a sale if it did not. Either way, they both knew that it was always good to play it cool.

"So may I ask what it is that you happen to be looking for in a vehicle, madame?" Flim asked.

"I'll bet you're a mare who appreciates the finer things, am I correct?" Flam inquired.

"Oh you boys know me all too well." Rarity chuckled. "This black sedan here has certainly caught my eye. The luxurious interior suits me, I've heard the ride is very smooth with these and the trunk space is more than sufficient for transporting supplies for my boutique."

"Ah yes, a fine specimen of an automobile indeed." Flam said.

"What you're looking at here, young lady, is a 2013 Cadillac CTS." Flim added. "Very gently used and only sixteen thousand miles on it."

"This car has a 3.6 litre V6 engine which means that it's two hundred and seventeen cubic inches."

"This particular specimen is all wheel drive so even in the most harsh and unforgiving winter storms, you'll be pushing right through in style."

"This one of a kind car is fully loaded and even features both power sun and moon roof."

"Not to mention the air suspension that makes it feel like you're driving a cloud even down the bumpiest of paths. If you've ever wanted to know what a pegasus feels like, this is the car for you."

"Oh my." Rarity said as she salivated over the large luxury car and its features. "It's perfect! I absolutely love this car! How much for it?"

"With financing from the bank, it can be yours today for a modest forty-three thousand bits." Flam replied.

Upon hearing the price, Rarity's smile was instantly replaced by a depressing frown and glossy eyes. Though she owned a successful business, she was not rich by any means and could most definitely not afford such a staggering price tag. She loved the car but she was not about to trade everything she held dear to get it.

"Oh, not to worry, Miss Rarity." Flim said, noticing the mare's discouraged look. "We have plenty more exquisite vehicles that would surely better fit your budget."

"Well yes, it seems I will have to pass on this one." Rarity replied as she gracefully picked herself back up. "It happens to the best of us, I'm quite sure."

"Ah, right you are, madame." Flam said. "Perhaps this 2011 Lincoln Town Car would be more your game."

"With a 4.6 litre V8, this car has plenty of power and though it's rear wheel drive, it has one of the most state of the art traction control systems money can buy." Flim added.

"And let's not forget about the trunk space! You could even bring your whole boutique everywhere you go!"

"Picture that! The mobile version of the Carousel Boutique! All yours for Twenty-two thousand!"

"Awwwwwweee...This car is magnificent too but I still can't afford it!" Rarity whined. "Forget it, I should have known I hadn't saved enough for a good car. Business has been slow lately and if I get one today, I would have to settle for a compact."

"Miss Rarity, where are you going?" Flam asked as their potential sale was about to trot away.

"I'm just going to drag my sorry flank back to my shack that I call a home and question the *sniff* choices I've made. I'm sorry boys, but I'm just not ready to get something that suits me well."

"Quick, Flim." Flam whispered to his brother. "We've got to think of something that she would like that's cheaper before she leaves."

"You're right, Flam." Flim replied. "We'll just have to accept that these Caddies will have to sell another day. Even eight thousand bits is better than no bits."

"*Gasp* We've got just the thing! Miss Rarity! Wait! We have something you'll love but it's much more affordable!"

"You do?" Rarity asked as she turned around, her ears perking back up. "Where is it?"

"Give me just a moment, young lady. Flam said. "It's in our garage in the back of the lot. I'll be right back."

With much hast, Flam made a dash to the large building that the two brothers used to service and store their excess inventory. Rarity did not know what to expect but kept her hopes up. After all, a car to her was more than just a purchase. It was an investment that could help make travel and carrying supplies much easier for her and thus help expand her business. She knew that in order to purchase something decent without going bankrupt, she may have to lower her standards somewhat which at this point, she felt that she was not above doing so.

As quickly as he darted away, Flam returned with the mystery automobile that could make or break their sale. It was a large, bulky four door burgundy red station wagon. The car was in mint condition with not a single spot of rust but the fact that it was a much, much older model was slight cause for concern.

"Miss Rarity, feast your eyes on this beauty!" Flim said as Flam exited the car and trotted towards them. "What we have here is a 1996 Buick Roadmaster! It has a 5.7 litre, three hundred and fifty cubic inch V8 rated at two hundred and sixty horsepower! It has room for eight passengers and all the seats fold down for carrying all the cargo you could possibly need to transport!"

"Not only that but it even has a towing package all hooked up and ready to go!" Flam pointed out. "The possibilities are endless! Even while loaded to full capacity, you'll still feel like you're driving a living room down the road!"

"That does sound...hmm..." Rarity said, unsure of what to make of the massive machine that sat before her. "That's all very nice but it's so...old. I mean, 1996 means it's nearly twenty."

"Ah, be that as it may madame..." Flim began. "...but despite its age, it has all the necessary updates that keep this car in fierce competition with its more modern road mates."

"It has power everything and its old, outdated cassette player has been replaced by an am/fm satellite radio with cd and mp3 auxiliary capabilities! Also, it has a mere seventy-one thousand miles on it so you can be sure that it has many more years of trouble free service to come!"

"And, as it nears its twentieth birthday, its value can only go up from there as it will be officially a classic. Also, did I mention that it gets a healthy twenty-six miles per gallon?"

Rarity was at a loss for words as it all sounded too good to be true. Though it looked like something an old granny would drive, this car was everything Rarity needed and then some. The flawless paint job, the pristine wire spoked wheels and the top cargo racks for even more added carrying space made it all the more tantalizing.

As the brothers patiently waited for a response from Rarity, she also began thinking that not only was this car perfect for work, it could even do wonders as a party on wheels as all of her friends plus two more could fit inside. It really did seem too good to be true. The only thing left to ask was how much she would be financially set back if she were to purchase this beast.

"It can be all yours today, miss." Flam said.

"All this and an ever rising value for only seventy-eight hundred bits." Flim said. "This deal is too good to pass up."

"I-I don't know, gentlecolts." Rarity said. "This is a lot to take in right now. I mean, it truly looks and sounds wonderful but I'll need to really think it over. Why, how do we know that I will actually like it once I buy it?"

"There's only one way to find out." Flim replied as the keys hovered over to Rarity in his magical aura. "How about a test drive?"

"Oh! Heheh, right." Rarity sheepishly chuckled as she accepted the keys. "Alright then boys, I'll just take a quick little drive around the block and I should be able to make my decision."

"Take all the time you need." Flam assured.

"We'll be here when you get back, madame." Flim said.

With much anticipation, the excited Rarity cranked the engine over and shifted the lever on the steering column to "drive" and gently pressed the gas pedal. Much to her confusion, the car did not so much as move an inch as the rear end seemed to be bogging down more and more with each passing second. This was not going to score points for this car at first glance.

"Miss, if I may make a suggestion?" Flam called over. "Perhaps you could try taking it easy with the throttle?"

"If you wouldn't mind that is, dear." Flim added. "The rear wheels are digging quite the sizable trenches in our lot."

"Oh my goodness!" Rarity said as she pressed the brake pedal, stopping the tires from sinking further into the ground. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry! You certainly weren't joshing me when you said this thing had power!"

"No trouble at all, miss." Flam reassured. "We can simply fill that back in later, it's really no problem."

Now feeling more relaxed by the politeness of the sales ponies, Rarity released the brake pedal, allowing the wheels to slowly pull themselves out of the trenches. With the rear wheels now out of the inclines they had made, the car quickly gained speed all the while with Rarity's right, back hoof still not so much as touching the gas pedal. At fifteen miles per hour with what seemed like no effort on the machine's part, this experience was truly an impressive one to say the least.

Rarity was certainly very interested in the vehicle of which she was now behind the wheel of but she was compelled to learn as much as she could and get the "feel" for its handling. As she sped up to forty miles per hour in less than three seconds, Flim and Flam were quickly out of sight as she continued down the cobblestone streets of Ponyville. The acceleration would certainly fit the bill but as Rarity approached a stop sign, she was to put the brakes to the test.

She would not be disappointed, as she came to a smooth, safe stop with very little pedal effort. As she yielded to ponies who had the right of way, she looked both ways and when she saw that it was all clear, she ever so gently gave it gas and zipped down the street. Now that she had the accelerating and stopping down, being the savvy customer she was, she knew that she would need to test the turning and cornering as well.

The behemoth of an machine delivered once again as Rarity made a sharp right turn down the dirt path that lead towards Sweet Apple Acres. Not only was the car able to handle the demands of tight roads, it also proved to be as smooth and comfortable on a rough dirt path as it was on the level cobblestone. It seemed as if Rarity could even dose off, it was so quiet.

"Sweet Celestia, this car is amazing!" Rarity beamed as she pressed the pedal even further down.

Rarity was not usually one to get overly excited and "flip out" but as the adrenaline rushed through her veins, she could not help but let her usually hidden wild side take over. As the land yacht very quickly exceeded eighty miles per hour on the straight path, the speed crazed unicorn opened all four windows and the sun roof to feel the wind through her mane. For the first time ever, she understood Rainbow Dash's love for the speed, the wind and over all, the freedom.

At this point, Rarity's wagon was blasting down the path at one hundred miles per hour as she whipped past the Apple Family farm leaving Applejack in a cloud of dust, her mouth agape in awe at the spectacle that raged down the path. Though she was pumped up and driving a car with one of the best safety ratings in automotive history, Rarity came back to her senses and slowed back down to fifty as she neared a slight curve in the road.

Though she would rather not make an appearance in the next news paper obituary, the crooked grin on Rarity's face was an indication that she was about to put a somewhat foolish idea into play. As she continued her speedy pace around the bend, her rear wheels began to slide in the opposite direction and she knew it was either now or never. As soon as the rear end lost some of its grip on the dirt path, Rarity steered the front wheels into the direction opposite of where the five thousand pound machine was headed and drifted around the corner like a professional.

"Woohooooo!!!" Rarity screamed at the top of her lungs as the car regained its grip on the terrain. "Wahahahahaaa! I'm alive!"

The savvy buyer that is Rarity had made her decision and turned around to make her way back to Flim and Flam's dealership where she would share her thoughts with the salesponies. Once again, she whipped past Applejack who was still glued to the spot staring in sheer amazement as Rarity passed by. Soon, the elegant yet tough estate car had rejoined the cobblestone streets and made quick work of the distance between it and the parking lot that it would soon be liberated from.

Soon, Rarity was back at the dealership as she drove towards the two brothers who had so patiently waited for her. She then stopped in front of them, shifted into "park" and exited the car. Flim and Flam now had a mare with a crazed look in her eyes and a disheveled mane galloping towards them. The two confused brothers did not know what to make of Rarity who was was panting and sweating profusely as she approached them.

"Uh, Miss Rarity?" Flam said. "Are you feeling alr-mmph!"

Out of nowhere, the adrenaline crazed Rarity grabbed Flam's bowtie, pulled him closer, and firmly locked her lips with his weather he liked it or not. Much to Flim's shock and hint of jealousy, Rarity seemed to have overpowered his brother and was pushing him down further into submission until she finally broke it off and regained her composure.

"Ahem, pardon me, gentlecolts." Rarity said. "But I'll take it."