• Published 2nd Jul 2015
  • 910 Views, 18 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode X: The Vampony Menace - sonicdash123



Charming Thunder and Danny Eclipse must work together to stop the vamponies before the prophecy comes true.

  • ...
19
 18
 910

Chapter 6: War Meeting: Preparations

Charming Thunder, the princesses, Twilight, Rainbow, and Brutalight sat at their thrones as they wait for Danny, Meta, and Chrysalis as Danny called a war meeting. The doors opened and Danny entered the counsel room with the two changelings. "Sorry we are late; we were almost assassinated today by this assassin," Danny said. He then used his telekinesis to levitate a bat pony and dropped him on it. His coat was blue, his mane and tail was light and dark blue. He had slit yellow eyes. His cutie mark was a star leaving a trail of color. He was tied up and gagged and the other royalty looked at the bat pony with shock expressions. "You recognize this scum?"

"Shooting Star was a former night guard," Luna explained. "His skills were impressive until he made an attempted murder on a guard for harassing civilians. There was no evidence and the harassed ponies reported that they were just chatting with him about a problem. Shooting Star left after the harassing guard was able to walk away as innocent. We later discovered that the guard was indeed harassing mares but we were too late when we discovered that the guard died. We couldn’t find the assassin but I thought it was Shooting Star as payback for lying."

"Shooting Star here was hired by an old enemy of mine to try to kill me for returning back from the mists."

"Who is this enemy you speak of?" Celestia asked.

"Lord Harkon." Celestia and Luna gasped in shock when they heard the name. Celestia had an expression of pure rage while Luna had the expression of both anger and fear. Cadance and the others were confused why the name of "Lord Harkon" caused the chain reaction.

"I’ve been wanting to hear who this ‘Lord Harkon’ is," Charming Thunder said. "Why is he a big deal to you?"

"Harkon ruled as a mighty king and his domain was said to be vast and powerful," Luna said. "As the years passed and death approached, Harkon began to fear his own mortality. So, he made a deal with the devil and made a pact with Molag Bal and sacrificed a thousand innocents in his name."

"Molag Bal…wasn’t he the king of rape, the harvester of souls, and the lord of brutality?"

"Indeed, he was," Celestia replied. "You see, Molag Bal was a daedric prince but he was later banished to his own plane."

"Anyways…Molag Bal granted him immortality by turning him and his family into pure-blooded vamponies, giving birth to the Volkihar bloodline. It was at this point Harkon and Valerica's marriage began to break down, as they both became drunk with their newfound powers."

"Who’s Valerica?" Twilight asked.

"His long betrayal wife," Danny replied.

"Wait! Valerica betrayed Harkon?" Cadence asked.

"From what I heard from Clockwork, Harkon uncovered an ancient prophecy written by a Draconequus called the "Tyranny of the Sun". Harkon learned that if it were fulfilled, it would blot out the sun and plunge the world in eternal darkness thus allowing his kin to flourish. Fancying himself as vamponic royalty, he found such a concept seductive and fiercely sought to fulfill the prophecy. To enact the prophecy he required the ancient artifact called Auriel's Bow and the blood of a Daughter of Coldharbour, namely his own daughter, Serana. While he was never close with Serana, his relationship with her deteriorated as he became more and more obsessed with fulfilling the prophecy. Ultimately, it reached the point that he was even willing to sacrifice her to achieve his goal. His immortality gave him the revelation that such bonds are fleeting, momentary and never endure. His mantra became 'Power takes precedence' and he would not allow anything to stand in his path for domination. He was a heartless pony, if you ask me."

"What does this have to do with Valerica?"

"I’m getting there. Anyway, Valerica saw the change in Harkon's behavior and disagreed with his goal. She believed that if eternal night fell, it would bring too much attention upon vampires and ultimately would lead to their extinction. As Harkon became obsessed with power, Valerica became obsessed with seeing him fail. In an attempt to stop him fulfilling the prophecy, Valerica fled Castle Volkihar with two Elder Scrolls that contained parts of the prophecy. She sealed Serana and one of the scrolls in Dimhollow Crypt for her protection and escaped to the Soul Cairn with the other. Harkon, enraged by her betrayal, commanded every vampire in his court to look for them, but after centuries of searching, he lost hope. But, to my guess, Harkon still seeks to find Serana and the Elder Scrolls."

"I see."

"Then Harkon met Nightmare Moon. Nightmare Moon found out that there was a Vampony Family that could help her take over and because Nightmare was looking for a way to bring eternal night, Harkon supported her completely. When Nightmare kidnapped…me, she was already a pure blooded Vampony, so she bit me and began to turn me into a pure blooded Vampony as well. However, I was different for some odd reason. When my DNA was fused with Ghost Power to turn me into a Halfa, it did something to the Vampony DNA in me. So, I can walk among the sun without getting hurt by the sunlight. Rainbow was infused with the new Vampony Venom of mine and she is like me. We are a whole different species of Vamponies."

"Let’s create a whole different bloodline!" Rainbow shouted with glee.

"What do you have in mind?"

"How about…Lunar Bloodline!"

"I like that name," Luna said.

"Agreed. Our bloodline is now known as the Lunar Bloodline."

"So, there are just you two," Charming Thunder said.

"Actually, if you don’t mind, mother, can I request that three bat ponies from your night guard are picked to join our clan. While me and Rainbow are the main royal family, clan followers defend the royal family with their life. So, expanding it will help us some."

"Alright, I can do that for you," Luna replied.

"Thanks mom. Anyway, we need to worry about the Argonian, Spectral Shadow, and Vampony Empires. They have united as one, if we ever go to war with all three, we will need to unite as one."

"The Changeling Empire is willing to fight besides Equestrian Empire and Phantom Consortium," Meta reported. "Our mortal enemy is the Spectral Shadow Empire, we will be glad to fight by your side."

"The Primals will aid us in this fight?" Chrysalis asked.

"Indeed they will. We need to get Dusk a throne here too, you know?"

"I can arrange that," Celestia said.

"Anyway, The Phantom Consortium will aid the Equestrian Empire and I’m sure the Minotaur Empire will aid as well."

"If we are to wage war with those three countries, then we shall," Charming Thunder said. "If we engage the Argonians, we will surely lose."

"You forget that you have me as an ally," Danny reassured. "My empire has already developed ways to fight aquatic battles. We can provide offensive means to fight them while you fight the Argonians for the base."

"Alright."

"Anyways, there was a Spectral Shadows. They are ghosts, how are you going to fight them?"

"Uhhh…anti-ghost weaponry?" Danny remained quiet and nodded back at Charming Thunder. He hated anti-ghost weapons because he hated weapons that attacked ghosts.

"So, we need to work on many different things. How are we going to fight against three different countries and train Jedi and Sith?"

"You won’t be able to do it," Celestia said. "Charming and you will be leading the offence against these empires. We may not need to get Jedi and Sith if we can find an alternative."

"Fine."

"Now we got that out of the way, how are we going to fight the Vamponies?" Twilight asked.

"How about the Worgens?" Luna suggested.

"Worgens?"

"Oh yes, them," Danny said.

"Oh, I forgot, Vamponies hate Worgens."

"Their stench is too much even for my nose to bear. It’s like walking near them and your nose is filled with that disgusting smell."

"Tell me this then: How do you suggest we fight them?"

"We are going to ask Ivar Bloodfang, leader of the Bloodfang Pack for help."

"Can we really trust Ivar? He has attacked one of our cities before and he left after Celestia drove them out, they fled to Silverpine Forest. Can we really trust a feral pack of wolves?"

"While I do question his loyalties and pack, we need his pack in this desperate time of need," Celestia said. The meeting ended as Danny left and Charming Thunder walked with Twilight.

---------------------

At the Volkihar Keep, Harkon was sitting on his throne in the dining hall. The other Vamponies gathered there, waiting for the next event. Finally, a messenger; Harper, returned with bad news. "Lord Harkon, our Draconequus allies have been defeated and enslaved by the Changeling Empire," he reported.

"That is…disappointing," Harkon said. " What of our other allies?"

"Scales and Doom are awaiting command from you to beginning the war against Equestria. However, our spies report that Equestria has some allies of their own. The Phantom Consortium, Changeling Swarm, and the Minotaur Empire."

"Powerful allies, am I right?"

"Yes, my lord."

"Have you located Nightmare Moon or Serana?"

"No, my lord. All search parties reported negative."

"Continue the search! I need those Elder Scrolls or the Prophecy will never come true!"

"Yes, my lord!" Harper left and another pony came up to him. His name was Spell Nexus, member of a cult that is loyal to Nightmare Moon. Spell Nexus was a light blue stallion with silver mane and tail, his eyes were light blue as well. His CM was a black circle with a black sun on it and a moon crescent on the center of it.

"Perhaps we aren’t looking good enough," Nexus said coldly. "I had received intelligence report from Professor Bastion Yorsets that he overheard the Princesses talk about a filly who had resemblance to Night Light. However, not many were relative to Night Light so he believes that this ‘Nyx’ is our queen, Nightmare Moon. I’m going to head over to Ponyville to see for myself."

"Alright Nexus. Be careful though, Charming and Twilight won’t allow you close to Nyx."

"I know, Lord Harkon. Trust me."