• Published 2nd Jul 2015
  • 909 Views, 18 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode X: The Vampony Menace - sonicdash123



Charming Thunder and Danny Eclipse must work together to stop the vamponies before the prophecy comes true.

  • ...
19
 18
 909

Chapter 1: Rescuing the Mane 6

Danny and Charming Thunder were using vibro blades that looked like swords. They kept on clashing, not losing an inch of ground. When they were about to clash, something popped in Danny's mind and he heard voices in a distant. "I don't blame you for what you tried to do here today," a female voice said. "You've spent your whole lives thinking those marks are a good thing." The next thing he heard was Twilight's voice. It sounded angry.

"Give them back to us or you will regret it!" Twilight's voice demanded.

"Well, now you can spend the rest of your lives here with us! And we'll teach you just how much better life can be without your cutie marks!"

"Just you wait Starlight!" Rainbow's voice threatened. "Danny Eclipse and Charming Thunder will notice our disappearance and you won’t live to see the light of day again when Danny gets his hooves on you!"

"Let them come, they will suffer the same fate like you." Danny's vision ended as his eyes glowed purple. His eyes returned to reality as Charming Thunder stared at him.

"Danny, you ok?" Charming Thunder asked.

"Twilight and the others are in trouble," Danny said.

"Are you sure!?"

"Would I ever lie to you Charming? I saw a vision of them, a vision of the force. I know they are in trouble."

"Do we know where they are?"

"No…but I bet Spike does."

"Time to go pay Spike a visit." Danny nodded and left with his brother, taking the Rogue Shadow together since traveling as a group is a good idea.

---------------------

The Rogue Shadow arrived at Ponyville landing at near Twilight’s Castle. Charming Thunder and Danny got out and entered to find Spike. They found him in a castle and went over to him to chat. "Spike, do you know where Twilight and the others are at?" Charming Thunder asked.

"I think so…there is a map of Equestria inside the castle," Spike replied.

"A map?" Spike lead Charming Thunder and Danny to where the throne room would be at and they see a large table that had an auto projection of Equestria on it. There was a glowing signal on the map and they took a closer look at it. When they finished, they rushed back to the Rogue Shadow and began to travel to the location at fast speeds.

---------------------

The Rogue Shadow landed near a town that was position to an equal sign. Danny was confused and they went down to see what was going on. He looked around at the locals as they walked in, not trusting anyone. They all kept saying “Welcome” and when Charming was about to reply, Danny stopped him. "Don’t talk to them," Danny said in a cautious tone. "I trust them as much as I can throw them. Something fishy is going on and I don’t like it." They kept walking around, they kept saying “Welcome” but they ignored them.

Charming Thunder and Danny came across a house that had two ponies guarding a door and some banging against the door was going on. Danny didn’t think about it but his heart kept telling him to investigating it. They kept going until we came across a white earth pony. "Welcome to our town," the earth pony said.

"We are pleased to come but we came in urgency."

"Why?"

"Well, my brother here-" Charming Thunder said.

"That’s classified." Charming Thunder looked at Danny in confusion as he leaned in to whisper.

"In my vision, I heard the name “Starlight” and I think they may be connected to her. We can’t give them any information until they are trustworthy." Charming Thunder knew what he meant and nodded in agreement.

"Our business is our own. Who are you?"

"I’m Double Diamond and I’m the 2nd in charge here," the earth pony replied.

"Can you take us to the leader of this town?" Danny asked.

"Our leader is Starlight Glimmer. I would gladly take you to her."

"Do take us. I’m dying to meet her in person." Double Diamond began to walk Danny and Charming Thunder to Starlight’s house. Charming Thunder knew that this was going to be bad.

---------------------

Arriving at Starlight's house, Double Diamond knocks on the door. "Starlight, we have visitors!" he shouted. He walked inside as they followed him. The door opened, revealing a light lavender unicron. She had purple mane with teal headline. She had purple eyes and Danny recognized her from his vision. "Starlight, these two wanted to talk to you."

"Welcome to our town, strangers," Starlight greeted. "We are glad to have you here." Danny's medallion began to glow as he recognized her voice.

"So…YOU are Starlight," Charming Thunder said.

"Yes, I am. Can I give you a tour?"

"You can take us to our friends, Starlight, unless you want to die," Danny said in mixer of normal and demonic voice. Starlight gasped and began to back up. Purple markings began to spread around his body and his eyes turned purple. Charming Thunder stood back and did not interfere.

"I can take you to your friends. They are up at the Cutie Mark Vault and I’ll gladly take you there." Danny's markings began to subside, but his eyes remained purple. Starlight began to lead them away from town.

Charming Thunder leaned in to Danny and whispered, "Something's not right here."

"I will put you in charge on this one," Danny replied.

---------------------

Danny, Charming Thunder, and Starlight arrive at a cave and went inside. There was a massive glass wall containing cutie marks. Danny and Charming Thunder were shocked to see so many cutie marks. They then saw the cutie marks of the Mane 6. Anger began to grow in Danny. They looked around with the Mane 6 nowhere to be found. They noticed Starlight however at some sort of staff. They lifted it with her magic and began to hold it. "Behold the Staff of Sameness," Starlight said. "We use it to separate our Cutie Marks. It was a great mage Meadowbrook's one of nine enchanted items. Do you want to see how it works?" Before Charming Thunder and Danny could reply, she fired the staff at them. Charming Thunder pushed Danny out of the way and got hit by it. He was struggling as his Cutie Mark was being taken away. Danny watched and smirked as Starlight threw Charming Thunder's cutie mark into the vault and on Charming Thunder’s flank became an equal sign. Starlight looked at Danny with a grin and said darkly, "Your turn."

"Try on me, I dare you," Danny said taunting Starlight. "I promise you that I’m not going to join you."

"Danny, run!" Charming Thunder shouted.

"No way!" Starlight fired the power of the staff at me and it hit Danny. Charming Thunder saw Danny not struggling as the power didn’t faze Danny. Starlight gasped when she saw what was going on. His cutie mark was not moving at all or being torn off like the others. Diamond and Charming Thunder gasped in shock as well.

"Impossible! Your Cutie Mark-"

"I’m no ordinary pony. I’m a Halfa!"

"Halfa?"

"Halfa! Half Pegasus, Half Ghost!" Everyone in the cave gasped. Charming Thunder wasn’t surprised but wondered why being a Halfa was so important. "You see…back when I was a no more than a foal, I didn’t have a cutie mark back then. My mother, Princess Luna, became Nightmare Moon when I was no more than four years old. After Princess Celestia banished her to the moon, Clockwork came to make a request. He offer to train me to ready myself to defend Equestria. But the only way to learn Ghost Power was to become a Halfa. I became a Halfa at the age of four. When you become a halfa, your appearance becomes permanent, meaning that I would NEVER have a Cutie Mark! So, Clockwork improvised and tattooed a Cutie Mark to my flank so when I grow up, I wouldn’t be a blank flank in public. Don’t you get it? WHEN BECOMING A HALFA, I WOULD NEVER GET MY CUTIE MARK!! MY TATTOOED CUTIE MARK IS FOR SHOW, I’M A BLANK FLANK FOREVER UNDERNEATH!!!" Starlight got worried even more with every savoring word Danny said. They all gasped. The staff couldn’t work on blank flanks and his cutie mark was tattooed, not earned. Starlight began to notice that she lost the advantage she had before. "Also, nice idea by the way. Using a made up piece of wood to make it look like it is an actual staff."

"What?"

"I learned from Clockwork, Master of Time and he has all the knowledge of Equestria. I’ve learned of everything about relics in Equestria. And the ‘Staff of Sameness’ is NOT an Equestrian Relic." With that being said, Danny fired a ghost ray at the stick, destroying it. "I’m not stupid, you know. Now, you ARE going to tell me where our friends are at OR I’ll make you tell me."

"You won’t break me."

"I don’t need to break you. I can overshadow you and see into your mind." Danny grinned and jumped at Starlight. His body began to glow as he turned into clear and I entered her body. She shivered as he looked into her memories and everything. When he came out, he was smiling. "Thank you for your cooperation. By the way, how about I get rid of that makeup you have coving your cutie mark?" Starlight gasped as Danny's eyes turned icy blue and fired an ice beam at her flank and then melt it with some ectoplasm fire that got rid of the fake cutie mark, revealing her TRUE cutie mark. Diamond and Charming Thunder gasped as Starlight began to back up. "If you aren’t an equal, so can your other villagers." Danny looked at the vault and fired an ecto-energy ball at it, destroying the glass. Starlight used her magic to catch Charming Thunder and the Mane 6’s Cutie Marks and put them into jars and she began to take off. "Go to the others. They are in town in a house that are guarded by two stallions and the door locked. Tell the villagers what has transpired here and tell them: Starlight is a traitor." Charming Thunder nodded and took off as Danny took off after Starlight, running and not flying to make it more challenging. Charming Thunder began to head into town to tell the villagers.

---------------------

Charming Thunder arrived at the village and saw the villagers with their cutie marks back. "Listen, everypony," Charming Thunder announced. "You have been deceived by Starlight. Free my friends and we will help you catch Starlight."

"We will fight for you," one of the villagers said as one of the others opened the door letting out Twilight and the others. Twilight saw Charming Thunder and rushed to him. She then gave him a hug as he returned the hug.

"What are you doing here?" Twilight said. "What happened to your cutie mark?"

"Is Danny alright?" Rainbow asked.

"Starlight has taken our cutie marks and Danny is after Starlight as we speak. If we hurry, we can catch her." Charming Thunder and his friends ran to the direction where Danny is heading hoping to catch up to him.

---------------------

As Charming Thunder and his friends walked on a path, they saw their cutie marks flying towards them and rejoined their owner's flanks. Charming Thunder smiled as he began to run along the path. He then came across a bright purple glow ahead and stopped. The glow faded to reveal a giant robot as Starlight became terrified. "This is new to me...and I like it," Danny's robotic voice said. Danny then looked up and fired the cannon on his arm towards the top of the cave entrance. He then returned to his normal form and looked at Starlight. "Run away, Starlight. Run. Run away and never return.” Starlight began to run into the cave with fear. When she was inside, Charming Thunder and the others walked up to Danny. Rainbow Dash hugged him as he hugged her back.

"We saw the transformation," Charming Thunder said. "How did you do that?"

"I don’t know…but I have the feeling that it’s important. Come on, let’s go home." The group nodded and began to walk away from the cave. Danny looked back and smiled as he remembers where to find Starlight whenever she may be needed.