• Published 2nd Jul 2015
  • 910 Views, 18 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode X: The Vampony Menace - sonicdash123



Charming Thunder and Danny Eclipse must work together to stop the vamponies before the prophecy comes true.

  • ...
19
 18
 910

Chapter 12: The Discovery at Twilight's Castle

Charming Thunder was training Moondancer in the training room using remote droids to deflect lasers from it. The droid fired and she deflected the shot. "Remember, a Jedi can feel the force flowing through them," he explained.

"You mean it controls your actions?" Moondancer asked as she was completely focused.

"Partially, but it also obeys your commands." The droid moved around as Moondancer kept her eyes on it. It then fired two shots at her and she deflected them. She then deactivated the training lightsaber and looked at Charming Thunder. "I suggest we add something to the challenge, Moondancer." He then levitated a helmet with the blast shield covering the eyes and puts it on her head. "This time, let go your conscious self and act on instinct."

"But with the blast shield down, I can't even see," Moondancer laughed. "How am I supposed to fight?"

"Sometimes your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them." Moondancer nodded and activated the lightsaber. The remote began to move again and fired a shot which didn't hurt her. "Stretch out with your feelings." She nodded and stands in one place, seemingly frozen. The droid then makes a dive at Moondancer and she managed to deflect the shots. "See? You can do it." The droid deactivated and Charming Thunder levitated it to put it away.

"I did feel something. Its like I could almost see the remote."

"That's good, my padawan. That is the first step into a larger world."

---------------------

Charming Thunder meditated until he heard a door open behind him. Danny entered the room and said, "Excuse me, brother." Charming Thunder then opened his eyes and turned to face Danny. "There is something urgent to talk to you about."

"Come in," Charming Thunder replied. Danny fully entered and sat down.

"Our scientists have successfully revived some velociraptors, a dinosaur race before Equestria was made. With them, we can mount them with blasters equipped to them or maybe use their jaws to chew on their victims."

"And I'm guessing that there is a bad news?"

"Yes. They are going crazy and are trying to break out of here. Twilight told me that you tamed the Predalien after you first met her and her friends. Could you perhaps do it again on them? We couldn't do it without Fluttershy so you are my only option."

"I'll do it." Danny nodded and they got up to leave the room.

---------------------

Charming Thunder and Danny arrived at the research lab as Twilight monitored them. There were four velociraptors trying to break through the glass. Charming Thunder had to do something and rushed to the door. "What are you doing!?" Twilight asked worried.

"Let him go," Danny said. "I know what he's doing." Charming Thunder entered the room with the four raptors. They noticed him and turned their focus on him. They slowly approached him as he used his magic to talk to them.

"All of you stand down," Charming Thunder said. "Stand down." As he tried to touch one, the raptor tried to bite him and he pulled away his hoof away from its mouth. "Hey! Hey! What did I just say?" They hissed as they continued to slowly approach him. He turned to see the other one coming closer and raised his hoof at him to make him stop as he used his other hoof to stop the other. "Back up!!" The raptor roared and Charming Thunder decided to approach one of them. "It's alright. I don't want to hurt you." He then managed to pet the one in front of them as they begin to cal down. "Good, girl. Good, girl." He turned to the window and looked at Twilight who was worried and Danny. "They're good." He then exited the room and walked past them.

"Thanks for the help, Charming," Twilight said.

"I'll inform you when they are trained and ready." Charming Thunder nodded and walked back to his meditation chamber.

---------------------

Charming Thunder continued his meditation as wanted to know the identity of Nightmare Moon. "Answers do you seek?" Yoda's voice said in his mind.

"Yoda?" Charming Thunder said. "It is good to hear your voice again."

"Darker your world becomes. Seek answers about Nightmare Moon do you? Hm?"

"That's what I have been thinking about since she returned. I would ask Aunt Luna but she has been banished to the moon by Nightmare Moon."

"Hmm. Powerful she is. Go to the castle of Ponyville you must. There you will find the truth. But beware, pain you will find."

"Thank you, master Yoda."

"May the force be with you," Yoda said as his voice faded away. Charming Thunder then opened his eyes and got up. He was about to walk out and when the door opened, Twilight was standing out there.

"I was just about to see you," Twilight said. "Is there something wrong?"

"There is something I must know, love. I need to go to your castle and seek answers."

"What if the shadow troopers are there?"

"They aren't. Their main focus is Canterlot for now. Wait for me until I return." Twilight pressed he lips to Charming Thunder's as she gave him a kiss for luck. "Please wait for me." He then walked past Charming Thunder as she stood and watched.

---------------------

At the hangar, Charming Thunder walked with Danny to XS stock light freighter as they talked. "You sure about this?" Danny asked.

"I must know the truth," Charming Thunder said. "I'm sure you need them too." Danny nodded and they walked up the ramp. Once they were seated at the controls, Danny started the ship up and flew out of the hangar heading straight for Ponyville.

---------------------

Charming Thunder and Danny arrived at Ponyville and wore cloaks as they entered the castle. They lowered their hoods and walked down the hallway of the castle. They then entered the security room where there are multiple screens showing where the security cameras are looking at. Danny went to the buttons and re-winded the security recordings to the day Nightmare Moon returned. Charming Thunder saw something in the bedroom camera. "Danny, go to the bedroom camera," he said. Danny nodded and enlarged the screen for the bedroom and sees Nyx and Nexus in the room talking. Nyx looked like she was crying as Nexus handed her the glove Charming Thunder recognized. An explosion erupted in the room and Nightmare Moon appeared. Charming Thunder's eyes began to tear up as she watched. "It can't be. It can't be." They then watched the clip where Nightmare shot down the guards and escaped with Nexus. "Turn it off."

"Charming," Danny said.

"I SAID TURN IT OFF!!! I can't watch anymore." Danny turned off the screen and walked up to his brother. He placed a hoof on his shoulder and calmed him down a little.

"I'm sorry, brother. I didn't know."

"How could Nyx do this to me? I trusted her, I cared for her like she was my daughter. What made her decide to turn against us?"

"I don't know. But now she has become twisted to the dark side. The Nyx you know is gone. Consumed by Nightmare Moon."

"I'm scared now to fight her, brother. What should I do?"

"Convince her to return to our side and she may be able to turn back to normal."

"What would Twilight think?" Charming Thunder and Danny left the castle undetected and walked back to the ship.