• Published 23rd Jun 2015
  • 976 Views, 18 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode IX: Revenge of the Consortium - sonicdash123



War is coming once again to the land of Equestria. The Phantom Consortium once led by Dusk has been taken over by Lightning Dust. Charming Thunder and the princesses plan to stop her with the help of their former leader; Danny Eclipse.

  • ...
19
 18
 976

Chapter 7: The Pod Race Event

A few days after returning to Ponyville, Charming Thunder stayed in his throne room thinking over what Danny said during the confrontation. At the door to his throne room, Twilight approached as two guards stood. The red guards crossed their staffs at the door to block her way in. "I'm sorry, your highness, but you can't go in," one of the guards said. "King Charming Thunder does not want to be disturbed. Even from his wife."

"I just want to see him," Twilight said. "He's been in there for days and I am worried about him."

"Just following orders from the king," the other guard said.

In the throne room, Charming Thunder sat on his throne as his pendant glowed. "I knew this was going to happen from the beginning," Primus's voice said in his head. "He has brought back Trypticon."

"What do you suggest I do, Primus?" Charming Thunder replied.

"Give me time to think. For now you must stop your brother from whatever he is planning."

"If I may ask, Primus. Who is Unicron?"

"He is my arch enemy and a lord of chaos. He eats planets like the one you are on. That is all I can tell you, my champion."

"Thanks for the information. Let me know if you have a solution."

"As you wish." Primus's voice faded away as the pendant stopped glowing.

Outside the throne room, Twilight was still asking the guards to let her in. "You know what," Twilight said. "If you don't let me in to see my loving husband, I will have to send a letter to Princess Luna to visit your dreams and give you your worst fears." The red guards looked at each other then back at Twilight. They then move their staffs away from the door and opens it for her. She then sees him gazing out of the big window and walks up to him. She then approached Charming Thunder's side and nuzzles him. "Charming, why do you care for Rainbow Dash and Danny? They probably love each other, remember back then before the Equestria Wars? Danny and Rainbow would spend a lot of time with each other."

"Oh yes, I remember back then," Charming Thunder replied. "Me and Danny would spend some time together, we got along great but him and Rainbow spend most of the time together."

"They love each other; we knew Rainbow always cared for Danny. I remember as if it were yesterday when Rainbow asked if Danny was in the rebel camp and she left to cry when you told her that he went into hiding."

"Yes."

"Why chase them then? Let them be alone." Charming Thunder didn’t reply as he began to think about it.

"I'm still thinking about what Danny said. He is lying about me killing my-our father. I could've told him the truth. Instead I just cower behind the princesses as he dragged Lightning away."

"I'm sure he would understand."

"But what if--"

Twilight placed her hoof on Charming Thunder's mouth and said, "Shh…Follow me." Charming Thunder followed her to his chambers where she then locked the door and looked at him with a smile. He already knows whats on her mind. "This will come to your senses, my stallion." Twilight then came close to him and pressed her lips to his. "Tomorrow is a pod race. You need to be ready for it by the time we're done. Rainbow Dash is one of the racers so we'll see her there. Now come here, my love." The couple then started to kiss in the king's chambers as Charming Thunder already hatched an idea while focusing on Twilight.

---------------------

The next day, Charming Thunder and the princesses, and the Mane 5 were at Appaloosa for the Pod racing event after some planning. The event is almost ready as Charming Thunder's pendant began to glow. "I can feel Unicron's presence, champion," Primus's voice said in his head. "Keep your eyes open for Danny."

Charming Thunder leaned back to the princesses and whispered, "Danny's here."

"Are you certain?" Luna asked.

"Primus has told me that he has sense Unicron’s presence. I don’t doubt him at all."

"We knew Rainbow was going to be here," Celestia said. "But Danny....this changes everything."

"Don’t worry, we can handle him. This entire place is rigged with my men. They will strike when the signal are ready."

"Hopefully Rainbow and Danny will cooperate peacefully," Twilight said.

"I hope so too." Charming Thunder continued to watch the starting line of the race as Danny came in and sat to his brother's right.

"Hello, brother," Danny whispered in Charming Thunder's ear. Charming Thunder nearly jumped in shock and the princesses looked and see him wearing a hood. He took it of and he smiled darkly at his brother. "Thank you for inviting me and Rainbow to this event. I put my bets on Rainbow, who are you betting?" Charming Thunder stayed quiet as he chuckled. "Come now, there is no need to be like that. Come now and enjoy the show while it lasts."

Charming Thunder began to think before he replied, "…my bet is on Spitfire."

"That’s the spirit! Now…Spitfire you say? I see this is going to be amusing."

"Why did you come here Danny?" Luna asked. "Surely you are not that-"

"Mother…don’t finish that sentence." Danny was offended by what his mother was about to say. "As for why I am here, I wanted to watch Rainbow race and springe that little trap you have set up. Also to give a warning: I didn’t come here without company. My soldiers are in position and awaiting my orders to move."

"Why come here then?" Charming Thunder asked.

"I know you are not stupid to fight me again after what happened back at the castle. Also, I didn’t betray you Charming. YOU betrayed ME."

"What?"

"If I recall, we made a deal in our alliance. The deal was that Lightning would be handed to me for punishment. But I was angry when she imprisoned my mother, my aunts, and my own brother. Even you should see that I was angry. Picture it Charming if you were in my hooves. You just see your mother, your two aunts, and your twin brother in a cage where they are helpless and the one who trapped you in there was the ever same person who was to be punished by you. What would you do?"

"I would have..."

"Done the same thing I would have and I would have done the same thing you did to me." Charming Thunder was beginning to understand why Danny did it earlier. "I have you to thank though. You managed to cool me down enough to spare Lightning’s life. Lightning is in your debt but she is suffering torture for her crimes. Hey, at least it’s better than death. Am I right?"

---------------------

The race ended with Rainbow Dash finishing first place, Spitfire in second, and Soarin in third place. "How many bits is that?" Danny asked. Charming Thunder groaned and handed him fifty bits. He then bowed and smiled then teleported away from him. Charming Thunder, Mane 5, and the princesses teleported down to congratulate Rainbow Dash. She kneeled to Charming Thunder as he approached.

"Congratulations Pod Racer," Charming Thunder said. "For your reward, you are to be rewarded with 1000 bits." Rainbow shook hooves with him as the prize was waiting. She then returned to her kneeling position. Charming Thunder made an evil grin as he said, "You are the winner. Or should I say…" He activated his lightsaber and cut the cloak off, exposing her. "…the loser." The guards aimed their blasters at her as she smirked. "Why the smirk, Rainbow?"

"Oh, it’s nothing, Charming," Rainbow said darkly. "It’s just that, oh I don’t know, YOU are a fool to think the REAL Rainbow would fall to this trap!" When Charming Thunder was about to question her, cyan flames appeared and when they disappeared, Dusk was there in her place. There were gasps and Danny teleported to her side.

"I sometimes wonder why you were a war hero if you couldn’t see through my plan," Dusk said.

"You are surrounded Danny and Dusk!"

"Time to play my card," Danny said. "COMBATICONS!!!" Five ponies jumped from the stadium without their cloaks.

"Who are they?"

Twilight gasped and pointed at their cutie marks as she said, "Charming, look at their Cutie Marks!" Charming Thunder looked at the five cutie marks and see they were the exactly the same symbol on their flanks. He then gasped in shock as he recognized the symbols.

"Meet the Combaticons, Charming," Danny said. "One of my newest creations."

"Bruticus online!" Bruticus said. "Ready for action!"

"Last chance to surrender and we leave peacefully." The princesses and the Mane 5 looked at Charming Thunder. He groaned and thought it was over. Finally, after five long minutes, he raised his hoof and ordered to stand down. Danny and Dusk teleported away while Bruticus separates and the five Combaticons returned to the ship, not being followed. The shuttle left in a hurry with the prize money on it.

"That was....unexpected," Charming Thunder said. He then turned to a soldier and asked, "Did you place a tracking beacon on one of them?"

"Yes, your highness," the soldier replied. "They won't know that it is on. It is like a size of a flea."

"What?" Twilight asked confused.

"Did you think that was the only plan I had, my dear. There is always a plan 'B'. Track them down and find out where in the griffin kingdom Danny is hiding."