• Published 23rd Jun 2015
  • 975 Views, 18 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode IX: Revenge of the Consortium - sonicdash123



War is coming once again to the land of Equestria. The Phantom Consortium once led by Dusk has been taken over by Lightning Dust. Charming Thunder and the princesses plan to stop her with the help of their former leader; Danny Eclipse.

  • ...
19
 18
 975

Chapter 5: Two Brothers Collide

Danny is angry that Charming Thunder would protect Lightning. Sure that she murdered innocent men, women, and children, but he couldn't stand seeing Lightning Dust get killed by his own brother. Danny shot lightning at him, but he blocked his strike. He began to back off as his medallion glowed as Charming Thunder's did too. "I knew this was going to happen," Primus said in Charming Thunder's mind. "You have to stop him."

"You are a fool to challenge me," Danny shouted. "Now you must pay the price. Don’t worry, I won’t kill you. I’ll just knock you out by any means!" Suddenly, purple markings began to appear all over his body as his eye color turned purple. "Oh, that’s right. You don’t have that much experience with your medallion yet…well, I’ve had mine for about an entire year. More than enough time to learn how to use Unicron’s power to help me. You know, it’s ironic how I managed to first unlock it. Do you remember Lightning?"

"Y-Yes…you faced the Gorog," Lightning replied nervously.

"Indeed. I was with a female Ponylorian, a Blind Diamond Dog, and that dead weigh Griffin. But ever since then, I’ve been training myself to control and use Unicron’s power. And you, Charming Thunder, only have your medallion for a couple of days." Danny's sword began to glow purple as Charming Thunder's sword glowed blue. Charming got into a fighting position as Danny roared like a beast. He then charged and clashed their swords and a purple-blue energy mist was created. When the blades separated, the mist disappeared. They slashed at each other a few more and they lock into a cross. "At last we take our rightful places, Charming Thunder, as gods. Wielding the power of the cosmos." Danny broke the lock and grabbed Charming Thunder's neck then slammed him against the wall.

"I’m nothing but a king, Danny," Charming Thunder replied. "And you are a prisoner of your own twisted mind!" He then pushed Danny off onto the ground. He got up and fired a purple beam at Charming Thunder. He managed to dodge the attack but it goes through the wall and they see the beam hit a part of the Super Star Destroyer, blasting that part to pieces.

"Now you see why Unicron and Primus were gods. Their very might could destroy anything we could make!" Charming Thunder charged at Danny again as Danny did. They clashed as their power was evenly matched. "Do you even know what Lightning has done, Charming?"

"I don’t. But I know one thing: Everypony deserves a second chance!" Danny pushes Charming Thunder and slashed at him. Charming Thunder managed to block it and they locked again.

"Second chances!? What about Sombra!? Or Nightmare Moon!?" Danny broke the lock and slashes Charming Thunder and manages to cut his right shoulder then clashed again. "Or maybe Revan!? How about Chrysalis!? You haven’t exactly accepted her and neither have your mighty nation!" He broke the lock again and they slashed again, entering another lock. "How about Slade!? Ever give him a second chance!? Or maybe even Malgus!?" Danny pushed at the lock, making Charming Thunder slowly lose the lock battle. "How about Calamitous!? Ever give the great general a chance!?" He was at the breaking part for the lock battle. "How about yourself when you were evil!? Ever give your evil side a chance!?" He finally broke the lock and kicked Charming Thunder away towards the throne. He fell with the sword a few feet away from him. "Admit it Charming! You don’t believe in that stuff! You KILLED out of your own heart’s desire! Not even giving it a second thought! You murdered Slade because he killed your mother and my Aunt! You killed Revan, Malgus, Calamitous, and Nightmare Moon without a reason! You DON’T BELIEVE IN SECOND CHANCES!!!" Charming Thunder slowly got up. Everything Danny said hit him more than physical wounds.

"I never- I believed-"

"Admit it Charming…you don’t care for anypony but yourself and your friends and family. Lightning doesn’t deserve a second chance because she murdered families. Lightning killed unarmed men, women, and children without a second thought. You think you have the right to kill others and not think about the consequences. It’s time to wake up Charming! You have been living a dream of life being a lie." Danny's markings withdraw back into the medallion as Charming Thunder was speechless for the very first time. Danny walked up to Lightning and grabbed her by the throat. “I won’t kill you Lightning. I’m not like Charming, who kills without the thought of consequences. However, you will find that I’m going to enjoy your punishment very much." He then begins to drag Lightning away from the throne room.

"No Lord Danny!" Lightning shouted in fear. "No! NO!! NOOOOOO!!!" Her cries of ‘no’ continued until they were out of hearing range. Rainbow and the other princesses looked at Charming Thunder with somber regret. Cadance went to cuddle with Charming, hoping to cheer him up. Rainbow shook her head and left to go after Danny.

"He's right," Charming Thunder said. "I-I could've gave my enemies a second chance, but its too late for that."

"It's not your fault," Cadence said, nudging Charming Thunder. "You killed them because you had to." Charming Thunder looked up at the doorway and notices that Rainbow Dash is gone. Anger grew into his eyes as Celestia and Luna approached.

"Rainbow must've gone after Danny." Charming Thunder got up and walked to the window seeing the Eclipse leaving Canterlot. "I want Danny found alive and brought to justice. I want to make him pay for betraying the king."

Luna was concerned about his order and said, "You can't. He is too powerful even for you. You saw what power he wielded. Even you couldn't use it."

"You're right. Inform the soldiers to tack down the Eclipse. If we are lucky, we would bring in Rainbow Dash."

"If she is his prisoner," Celestia said.

"Not a prisoner. I sensed compassion for Danny in her during our meeting. As for the Phantom Consortium and Lightning Dust, they will answer to me."