• Published 23rd Jun 2015
  • 975 Views, 18 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode IX: Revenge of the Consortium - sonicdash123



War is coming once again to the land of Equestria. The Phantom Consortium once led by Dusk has been taken over by Lightning Dust. Charming Thunder and the princesses plan to stop her with the help of their former leader; Danny Eclipse.

  • ...
19
 18
 975

Chapter 3: The Briefing

At the castle in Ponyville, Charming Thunder was with Twilight and the filly as they thought of a name for her. Twilight looked at a book she left on her table and looked at the title "Nyx" and hatched an idea. "What is it, dear?" Charming Thunder asked.

"I just thought of a good name for her since she can't remember," Twilight said. "How about Nyx?"

"That is a good name." Charming Thunder turned to the filly. "Will that be good, Nyx?"

"Y-yes," Nyx replied with a smile. "I think that its a great name for me. Thank you." She then yawned and stretched her hooves.

"Perhaps we should rest for tomorrow."

"Agreed. The briefing is at sunrise and we don't want to be late for it."

"C-can I sleep with you?" Nyx asked.

"Of course you can." Charming Thunder levitated a small blanket for Nyx and gave it to her. Him and Twilight then laid in the sheets of their bed as Nyx laid between them. "Good night, Nyx."

"Good night, Mr. Thunder." Nyx then closed her eyes and went to sleep.

---------------------

The next day, Charming Thunder along with Twilight, Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Meta, Chrysalis, and Rainbow sat around a table as they waited for Danny. The doors opened as Danny and Brutalight walked in with Shining Armor. Shining Armor closed the door with his magic then sat next to Cadence. Danny sat next to Rainbow who happily allowed him to. "Now that we are all here, we need to know everything about our opponent," Celestia said. "Danny, can you please take it from here."

"With pleasure," Danny replied as he got up. "Now listen to me very carefully when I say this. The Phantom Consortium is a force to be feared. I created that faction during my year and months in hiding. Now, their military strength is rather powerful, that I’m proud of. The Ground forces are focused on vehicles than infantry. Infantry is strong but not a solid steel grip. However, the vehicles are what we should be worried about. MZ-8 Mobile Pulse Cannon are tank/artillery units. Their weapons can damaged the most heaviest of armors, but a whole cluster of them can take down even AT-ATs."

"That is a problem for us then," Charming Thunder said.

"Indeed…moving on. The Missile Attack Launcher is a unit that is based for long range attacks. However, it has to deploy before it can use it’s artillery against us. As long as they don’t deploy, we will be having some luck. They work very well against infantry forces."

"I can see why the ground vehicle military is so powerful," Twilight said. "If ground troopers can’t get close to the main assault force, we are screwed."

"You think that’s bad, it gets worse. Next is the Canderous-class assault tank. These assault tanks have armor and firepower that can rival an AT-AT."

"Seriously?"

"I take my faction very seriously. Your forces won’t have a prayer against them. And they hover, unlike the AT-AT, so cable is out of the question."

"Would bombers work against them?" Rainbow asked.

"Yes, they may have a chance. But the tanks don’t exactly go alone. They always have an escort with them to keep them safe and sound from enemy forces."

"We can place uplinks on the ground, help guide bombers to their target," Shining said.

"I don’t know about that. When I made the Phantom Consortium, I made sure I had defenses as well. That’s why I made the Mobile Defense Unit. Its primary proposes is to defend the main attack force and defend the base. When deployed, they can create several different things. It can turn into a mobile shield generator, vehicle repair station, EM field generator, concussion grenade mortar, offensive sensor node, sensor scrambler, ysalamir cage; which was design to withhold magic users like Unicorns or Alicorns, Rocket Pod; which is used as anti-aircraft weaponry, & rapid fire laser cannon; which works effectively against both infantry and vehicles."

"You are right," Charming Thunder said. "You take your faction very seriously."

"At first, I thought those Defense Units were nothing but now; I think they are a serious threat," Rainbow added.

"Their armor isn’t exactly very good; AT-ATs can destroy them with ease if the shields weren’t up."

Charming Thunder was relieved that he said that. "That’s good news."

"Anyways…Next one you should be familiar with. The ISP, Infantry Support Platform or Swamp Speeder."

"I’m familiar with those. We used to use them back in the Lunar Wars but we scrapped them later."

"Indeed. We still use them for some certain missions. We can use them for certain things and they work well for intercepting ground troops. Next is the AT-AP, otherwise known as the Sniper Tank. It’s used for scouting mission and knows how to gun down enemy forces. They are hardly the problem but their weapons are a threat."

"AT-STs could fight them off, as long as they don’t take much damage," Charming Thunder said.

"Finally, the HAVt B5 Juggernaut."

"That was used by the New Lunar Republic during the Lunar Wars," Luna explained. " Heavy transport, it could carry an army to the area."

"Indeed, my army has little connection to the NLR but we still used what we thought was useful."

"Is that it?" Charming Thunder asked.

"Indeed, besides the Droideka MK IIs and the Commando Droids. But the fleets are a much bigger threat here."

"How is the fleet?" Rainbow asked.

"StarViper-class attack platform are the basic fighters but they are equipped with Buzz Droids."

"Ugh, I hate buzz droids," Charming Thunder groaned.

"Any enemy force would hate buzz droids. Next are the bombers: Skipray Blastboat. The Bombers are normally fused with the fighters, making them a bit harder to hit."

"One type of fighters. Sounds easy enough."

"It isn’t. The real problem is the Crusader-class corvette. They were design with anti-fighter and bomber weapons. Getting past those will be nearly impossible. Those guns would tear the fighters into a new one. And they are always with the fighters assault force."

"If we can use our frigates against them, odds are in our favor."

"Not yet. Next is the Interceptor IV frigate, design to deal with good damage. Two turbolasers and concussion missiles, perfect against corvettes. Followed by Vengeance-class Frigates. They are not normally used for front lines by rather side lines. They have a cloaking generator that allows them to mask their presence and keeps them invisible. They don’t have shields but the armor is thick and protective. They have two turbolasers and four mass-driver cannons."

"We can think of ways to repel them, hopefully," Charming Thunder said.

"Finally, the capital ships. Keldabe-class battleship are so powerful, they can rival that of a Star Destroyer."

"OK, THAT is a problem. Our fleet is basically Star Destroyers!"

"Then you better hope that you win. These ships are equipped with twenty-five heavy turbolasers, fifteen heavy ion cannons, two mass-driver missile launchers, ten missiles, a shield leecher weapon, and five heavy tractor beams."

"Shield leecher weapon?"

"It was a special weapon design to adapt and absorb enemy shields, sucking away the shields. Picture two Star Destroyers vs. one Keldabe-class battleship. It used its leecher weapon against one Star Destroyer while fighting the other one."

"Very useful."

"Indeed. I’m proud to have made such a ship. Meta, do you have your ship?"

"The Merciless?" Meta asked.

"Yes."

"Indeed. I still have it with me and the Odin."

"Good. Less to tell. Now, the final ship. The main flagship and warship and the Pride of the Phantom Consortium: the Eclipse."

"The Eclipse?" Charming Thunder asked.

"Danny’s Personal Ship. Like you Charming with your Super Star Destroyer."

"The Eclipse…my personal flagship. five hundred and fifty Heavy Laser Cannons, five hundred Turbolasers, ten Gravity Well Projectors, one hundred tractor beams, and seventy-five ion cannons. But what makes it the Pride of the Phantom Consortium is the main gun itself: the Superlaser!"

"Lucky for you that we put a code on it that Lightning doesn’t know about."

"That ship is my favorite, by far." Charming Thunder became nervous to hear a ship that could rival or better his Super Star Destroyer.

"That ship WILL BE a massive problem."

"You are NOT to destroy or damage her! It took months to make that ship! Besides, the Zeta Protocol will reprogram the Royal Guard on board it. They can retake the ship."

"Alright, fine."

"So, that's all."

"Alright, we need to make the plan now."

"Alright, I’ll leave that to you."

"What?"

"I must mediate for the upcoming battle. You think of the plan, since I will be following it. I like to know how you get things done around here." Danny sat back down and began to meditate as he listened to Charming Thunder's war plan very carefully.

"I think we should a squadron of fighters along with the Wonderbolt squadron to hold off the fleet while Danny's royal guard take control of the Eclipse. Once they have complete control, they will use the superlaser against the enemy fleet without damaging the Eclipse."

"What if Lightning Dust shows up?" Rainbow asked.

"Danny wants her alive. Shoot her fighter down if you have to. Her capture may bring the end of the Shadowbolts. The Super Star Destroyer will protect the castle and will be back up for the Star Destroyers and frigates. Some of the fighters will cover the bombers as they make their run on the ground forces. And finally, once Lightning Dust's fighter is shot down, I want troops to secure the crashed ship and capture her."

"Your plan better work," Danny said as he opened his eyes.

"It will!! Trust me."