• Published 4th Jun 2015
  • 9,578 Views, 418 Comments

Monkey Business - FrostTheWolf



The plan was to dress up as a Faunus from RWBY. Specifically Sun Wukong. But plans don't always go the way we hoped. I just hope that my newfound abilities and skills don't get myself in Major trouble. [Displaced][RWBY/MLP Crossover]

  • ...
51
 418
 9,578

PreviousChapters Next
Tail 3- Faunus and Fire

Author's Note:

In terms for this chapter, this is a three way crossover. Both of them being stories from Mega NewWays97. The first is The World Given Form with the second one being The Queen of Equestria. WARNING... This will contain future spoilers for both stories, so read at your own risk.

Speaking of which, this was the inspiration behind the Houdini reference was because of the newest Epic Rap Battle:

Monkey Business- Faunus and Fire


Unknown World

When Sun woke up, his head was spinning and found himself in a new location. Someplace that was very dark and dimly lit. However, this wasn’t exactly as troublesome for the Faunus as one might think. A special trait that stands out for all Faunus was the fact that they all were able to see in the dark. In fact, in one episode of RWBY, it was said that an attempt by a human general to attack them pre-emptively at night failed because of the Faunus and their capabilities with Night Vision. For a moment, it made Sun think of himself like Vin Diesel when he played Riddick, but without the part where sunshine could leave him blinded.

Still though, after his encounter with the Grimm back in his world, Sun preferred to be on the side of caution in this instance despite his reckless personality. Right now, he kept his weapons holstered. But took them out at the sounds of a loud groan. As he passed a tree, his eyes widened. at what exactly he was looking at as he swallowed any fear that might’ve gone up in his throat.

“A… Dragon?”


What just happened?” Deathwing asked. He remembered he was coming home from the grand galloping gala and found a strange token of a model with a Ink and quill. “What the-!? I didn’t activate the token did I?” The mighty Dragon God held it in his claws.

He closed his eyes and gave a stomp sending his seismic sense out. He saw the outline of a humanoid being just next to him. Deathwing let magic covered him and in the burst became his human form turning around the dragon saw the displaced.

“Hello, there.” Deathwing said.

“Y-you can see me?” Came the shocked reply. Soon though, one thing stood out to Deathwing. That this person… had a monkey tail. “Just who or what are you?”

“I am Neltharion the Earth-Wander, or if you like i also go by Deathwing and to answer your question? I can see with the earth, I kinda am the planet given form.” Deathwing answered.

“Can I just go with Nel for short?”

If you wish. Though, if you don’t mind me asking, is this your Token?” The dragon in human form held up the same medallion as the one Wukong had. “I found this at the after Grand Galloping Gala when I got home.”

“Actually, I found that one too. But it’s not mine. My token is a Gold Coin with a Monkey insignia on it.” he replied. “Oh, I almost forgot. Name’s Sun. Sun Wukong.”

The embodiment of the world thought for a moment. With his eyes closed he stomped the ground again to get a look at the whole continent. As it went out he saw everything on the ground. The Faunus folded his arms and waited for a minute on Neltharion, who seemed to be really focused and in concentration. When he finished, Deathwing opened his eyes. “Well we seem to be in Everfree forest, things are different them in my world but I now know which way to ponyville.”

Sun sighed as he turned around. For a moment, as he heard Nel talk to him, he saw something move in the shadows. With a simple gesture, he tried to tell Deathwing to stop talking as he pulled out both of his weapons and had them take form into his Bo Staff. “Something tells me we’re not alone. I can see movement behind the trees and bushes.”

Deathwing pulled out his mua as his body started to flow magma. “Come out we know you're there.” Deathwing said. He shifted his feet on the ground as he readied for them to move. Wukong himself looked around as he tried to see what exactly they were up against. But soon, he was caught off guard when something with green glowing eyes leaped from the bushes at Neltharion. With quick reactions, he put himself between his companion and the assailant and pulled the trigger. The shot that went off had the attacker drop downward as it disintegrated. But from what Sun saw, it looked like a wolf made of lumber.

“What the hell was that-!?” Sun asked, turning to Neltharion.

“A Timberwolf.” Deathwing said. “The everfree is crawling with them.” Deathwing saw an attack from the sides. With his arm raised the ground shot up causing them to smash into harden granite. With a magical thrust, the granite slammed into them. But more of them appeared shortly after the ones that Neltharion defeated turned to ash.

“Something tells me our entrance caught their attention.” Sun guessed as his bo staff changed into his Gunchaku as he clicked his weapons. “You ready for this? It might get loud.”

Deathwing gave a smile which heat coming off his body as flames danced in his hands. “Trust me I am.”

“Glad you are.” Was the Monkey Faunus’ only reply before another round went off at the next Timberwolf that went towards him. To onepony though, this was literally ‘The shot heard round the world’.


Meanwhile…

“So this is Ponyville?” Faust asked. She walked with Twilight and the others called the Elements of Harmony. She walked along the town ponies though the town. She was told about the town from Discord. As she walked, she heard a sound going off somewhere. She ignored it for the time being because right now, it wasn’t the highest of her priorities.


Sun felt like he was getting a much needed workout with all the moving around that the Faunus was doing. He and Neltharion were having to move around constantly due to the onslaught of Timberwolves that were attacking the two of them, but this allowed for Sun to test his agility and newfound reflexes. Not to mention practicing his aim with his weapons. He noticed though that over time, his companion was starting to become irritated with the drawn out fight. The Timberwolves, despite many of their kin already being defeated, still kept coming at them. Like they wanted to avenge their fallen brethren. This fight had already been going on for quite a while and to the Earth-Wander, he saw that continuing it would be a waste of time.

Conjuring fire in his hands, Neltharion let out a piercing roar, sending out the burning flames in a massive shockwave that consumed everything around him. Sun felt like he was too close for comfort as the fire almost burned his tail as it consumed all the natural life around him. When the smoke cleared, what was once a forest was now looking like the site of a meteor strike. It was burnt and broken.

But Sun did not like this. He did not like it at all. “Dude, what the hell was that for?!”

“This battle was drawn out too long, so I sought to end it.” Neltharion told him, the magma on his body residing.

“Didn’t you even stop to think about the possibility of anyone being in the forest before… Oh, I don’t know… WIPING THE FREAKING FOREST OFF OF THE MAP!?!” The Faunus shot back. He was angry at Neltharion’s actions and for how careless he made that decision.

“Nopony was nearby, I felt it earlier remember?”

“Yet, you weren’t able to feel the Timberwolves before they attacked! If you weren’t able to feel them, then who knows what else you might’ve overlooked!!!” Came the hasty reply. “How could you be so careless!? To think that the best option was to do something that could kill everything within a huge radius without even thinking about who or what might’ve been hurt because of your actions! Maybe that’s the reason why you’re called Deathwing. Because you’re responsible for things like this.”

Sun did not want to hear another word that the dragon had wanted to say and instead used Riyu and Jingu bang’s Bo Staff form to vault himself into the air as he went towards the rocky cliffs in the distance, far away from where Neltharion could see him. He could still feel him however due to his Seismic Sense, so there wasn’t a need for him to chase the Monkey down right now. Maybe once he had calmed down a little, he would talk some sense into him. But right now, Neltharion had to focus on one other thing. Where the hell was he!?

'This isn't right.' He knew that the forest burning should give a response from something. The ponies the rulers even this world's tree of harmony. 'Its almost as if we aren't in the same world.'

Deathwing looked around the ashes though. He shouldn't have reacted the way he did.


About twenty minutes after leaving Neltharion, Sun found himself deep within the Rocky mountainside that surrounded the now burned Everfree forest. The Faunus personally had mixed feelings as of right now. He was glad to be away from the Dragon and get some fresh air that didn’t smell like ash or cinder, but also felt angry too. He wasn’t able to quite describe it, but Sun personally thought that what he said was a little too much and let his feelings get in the way of his judgement.

The Stray saw this moment as an opportunity to rest as he sat down in a simple Mantra meditation posture in the cliffside he was on. Back home, Sun had down Yoga as a stress reliever and a way to stretch out the muscles in his body when they were tense. To him, right now seemed like a good time as any in order for him to recompose himself. He listened to the wind as it rolled past him, carrying with it leaves and dust. But also one other thing too. The sounds of what sounded like… Children.

Three of them to be precise.

“Come on, Sweetie Belle. This is insane!! You’re talking about stealing gems from diamond dogs here. FLIPPING DIAMOND DOGS!!!”

“Aww come on, Scoot. You’re not trying to chicken out are you? Besides, my sister’s really going to appreciate it if we get these gems back to her.”

“Yeah but-. Hold on… Girls, are you seeing what ah’m seeing?”

“What are you seeing?” The one referred to as “Scoot” asked.

“They look like Diamond Dogs but… different.”

That’s when a piercing roar could be heard by Sun. One that he recognized. It was one that came from the likes of Grimm Beowulf’s. Immediately, he dashed off, relying only on his hearing to find the girls that were talking just now. Hoping that he could reach them in time.


Last night Faust thought she saw burning in the everfree forest. However that wasn't actually happening when she got there. Faust wondered if the Tree of Harmony had something to do with it. However she couldn't just walk to the forest for no reason.

Well she could, but the ponies of the town were so stunned to hear about the princess mother that Faust couldn't walk outside without being asked questions. She would attract too much attention, but this had been going constantly. Was she seeing things that weren’t exactly real or something else. That was one thing that she vowed to herself that she must find out, for the sake of-.

“HEEELLLPPPP!!!!!!!”


Sun could hear the screams as he got closer to where the sounds were coming from. He was swinging through the trees, trying to use his eyes to spot anything out of the ordinary in order for him to be able to find the owners of the screaming voices. Soon, he found them. Three young fillies with their backs against a rocky wall of the ravine, each with Diamonds in their saddlebags and a broken wooden cart that was shattered to pieces. The splinters of wood had been scattered everywhere, possibly by a claw strike from one of the Grimm.

Speaking of Grimm, unlike before, there was a MASSIVE amount of them this time. Almost twenty to be exact. They must’ve been attracted the the mischievous doings of these youngsters and whatever their plan was involving the theft of the crystals that were in their bags. Sun didn’t have time to waste as he jumped down from the cliff he was on, placing himself between them and the grimm. Immediately, Ruyi and Jingu bang were in Sun’s hands as he fired three shots that his the first two grimm. He wanted to put the monsters attention on him instead of the fillies.

There was no time for introductions between savior and saved as more Grimm kept flying in. Sun turned around as he fired another shot. “What are you doing!? RUN!!! I’ll deal with them!”

The fillies obeyed immediately; the orange one even getting off a quick “Thank you” before they were out of sight. Now, the Faunus had to focus his current attention on the grimm as more of them swarmed him. With a quick backstep, he combined his weapons together to form his Bo Staff as he used to block some claw attacks. Ducking his head, Sun stepped backwards again and felt like he was being pushed into a corner. He didn’t have Neltharion alongside him this time, but he knew that this time, he didn’t need that bastard to deal with them.

At one point though, when Sun accidently clapped his hands together to get himself off the ground, his hair and tail began to glow. The Faunus was unclear about what was going on, but soon, two Spectral clones took form and dashed towards the Grimm horde, exploding on the first one it touched and taking out a few more after that. This may have seemed unexpected for him, but he was beginning to piece together what exactly it was. He remembered that in RWBY, his character did the same thing when his friend, Neptune, was in trouble. Which could only mean one thing. What he just did was discover how to use his Semblance.

But despite this accomplishment, his troubles were only beginning. As he defeated each one, his anger from before began to take form into something much more threatening that the other ones that he had fought against. One that loomed over him and resembled the likes of Cthulu. Sun could only say one thing as he looked up at the towering monstrosity that was the Grimm behemoth that stood before him as it’s skull face gleamed in the sunlight and it’s menacing eyes looked down upon him and let out a ear shattering wail.

“Oh…… sh*t.”


Deathwing felt a strange force stepping on the ground that he was walking on. With his eyes closed he went with his seismic sense to see what it was. At seeing the outline he knew this wasn't going to end well. With a flash he took back on his dragon form and head for his target.

‘How did it come into being?’ He wondered as the Black Shadow drew closer to the Goliath of a monster that he felt. Once he saw it though, that was another story. However, he wasn’t exactly the only one who felt it…

Faust flew through the everfree forest. Nothing seemed off about it in the slightest however she thought she could see a distortion in the forest as if something was there. ‘That’s impossible… unless.’ With her horn glowing, she could sense a pocket dimension. Only a few beings had that kinda power.

‘Ok, now that I know.’ She casted a spell to look into the dimension. The first thing she saw was this dark monster like thing. Then some kinda metal dragon. But lastly… A human? No, that did not make any sense at all. Then, things began to really not make any sense when she saw it’s tail and the weapons that it was holding. They looked like Nunchaku, but also resembled… Guns? Could that have been the source of the shot she had heard earlier?

Within the pocket dimension, she saw the monkey like human dodging the incoming tendrils from the monster and try to strike him. However, with the opponent being five times his size, his shots did not do anything to affect the beast. Normally, in a situation like this, she would possibly intervene and help the one in trouble. But it seemed like the Dragon was the one who would be filling that position instead.

Deathwing flew right into the large creature knocking them both down. With a mighty roar he gave the beast; the dragon bit into its side before tossing him. As the thing got back up Deathwing summoned up the fire within his heart, and let loose a breath of magma heated at around 2,000 degrees. Equivalent to the temperature of an active volcano.

The magma covered the thing in its molten rock as it died with a loud moan and faded away into shadows like how you would kill a Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus. Sun stared at Neltharion in his full dragon glory as he turned around to face him before he spoke.

Where did that come from?” Deathwing asked. He almost had this shadowy thought of something in the back of his head. They said something into his ears. However the thought ended as the tokens with them flew off.

“It was my fault. They’re monsters from my world called Grimm that are attracted to negative emotions. Earlier, a bunch of beasts were after some Fillies and I fought them, but my anger towards you from earlier must’ve caused that monster to take form because of how mad I was.” Sun paused for a minute, before putting his weapons away. “I’m sorry for what I said before.”

The dragon gave a laugh. “Don’t worry about it, I really shouldn’t have set the forest on fire.” Deathwing shrunk his form to Sun’s size, taking on the form of an Alicorn. “This wasn’t my first time facing emotional beings, I wouldn’t go to the frozen north you could encounter Wendigo’s, spirits of hate.”

“What happened there?”

“Well, at first, I found a Wendigo city after escaping it and had to stop the changelings from waking up their King unintentionally. On the way I met two other Displaced; Nicko and his niece Faith.” Deathwing answered. “Long story short I gave them my token… that reminds me.”

Deathwing pulled out a black orb. “I believe this is my token, it even allows limited control over the earth and weather.”

“Well, That could always be useful.” Sun smiled, taking out his token and flicking the golden coin towards Nel. When he had a closer look, Neltharion could see the insignia of a monkey on it. “That’s my token. Just hit it and I can help you. Doesn’t have any extra perks like yours, but at least it’s good to keep it on hand-.” Sun’s comment was interrupted when he felt a warm sensation in his hands. Opening it up, he noticed that the medal of the Paper, quill and ink bottle was glowing brightly in his hands. Soon, a small trail of light was shown on the ground.

“I guess we follow it?” Sun asked, looking for Neltharion's opinion on what just happened.

“I guess.” They followed the token’s trail till they came across a strange distortion of a barrier. When the medallion touched the barrier the ruins of a forest became a healthy Everfree forest. However the token took off.

“Hey, come back!!” Sun said, racing after the token that was fleeing from them. Soon, the Faunus stopped as a tall white Alicorn landed in front of him. It took Nel a few moments to catch up, but soon, he caught up.

The Alicorn saw the object floating at her. “You!” she yelled at the token. With her horn glowing, the medal suddenly glowed as it was cast out into the void. They heard her voice from the medal saying something.

I am Fausticorn. If you need help I’ll be there. Be warned, I will not harm my children no matter what reality I come too. I hope we could be friends though. Signed. Lauren Faust.

Sun stood in front of the Alicorn, puzzled. “Um…… Hello?”

Faust turned to the two beings. “Hello.” Faust said. This situation was awkward for all three of them. “I guess I should introduce myself, I’m Lauren Faust, Queen of Equestria.”

“Sun Wukong. Faunus.” he said, bowing before the queen.

“Neltharion. Earth-Wander.” The dragon in alicorn form said. “Mind if I ask you something? Are you the princess’ mother?”

Faust gave a nod. “Yes as well as mother of the spirit of chaos.” Faust answered. “May I ask why? Also, what are you both?”

“I can answer the second question, Nel.” Sun told him as the Monkey Faunus leaned himself against a nearby tree. “Go ahead.”

Deathwing held up the token of Faust. “I believe this is yours. It allows Multiversal travel from its target dimension.” Faust flinched at the token.

“Wait so if that’s my token, then why did it bring me to Equestria as this.” She motioned herself with a simple head nod.

“Well, it does look like your Cutie Mark.” Sun pointed out.

“Oh thanks for that.” Faust said with sarcasm. “Question how did both of you get sent here then?” Faust asked.

“Well, that’s the thing. Like you, we have tokens as well.” The Faunus explained, showing his medallion. “One way or another, we ended up in our own version of Equestria. But these tokens allow for Displaced like us to either summon other Displaced to the world they are in or bring yourself to them. I was trying to figure out how your token worked when I got sent here like I was being pulled by a magnet.”

“I found yours within my home.” Deathwing said. “I was just coming home after the gala and was a bit surprise to find it with my tokens from other displaced.” Deathwing recalled how he got into this mess before meeting Sun.

“Hold on a second… You said other Displaced. So does that mean that there’s more than one?”

“Yeah. Multiverse theory allows for the possibility of multiple Equestria’s to exist. So it means that there are multiple places for other Displaced to call home. Each one with their own ways to approach situations. Some might want to follow by the rules while others would want to do what they please.” Sun explained. “For me, I woke up in Griffonstone only to get locked up inside a wooden crate and having to use my bag of tricks to escape out of there like I was Houdini.”

“I just came walking out of a store with a pony toy, then I ended up a forest as this and found two foals before Star Swirl found me with the tribe rulers and in one day I became a mother and a Queen.” Faust finished her story.

“Well, one thing’s for certain. Life is strange.” Sun retorted. “But I see what you mean.”

“I should be getting back to my Equestria, I don’t know how long it can last without its core.” Deathwing said as he tossed another orb to Faust. “If you need my help, just use my orb to call for me.”

“Same here,” Sun said, handing a copy of his medallion to Lauren. “I’ll be happy to assist you anything, Ms. Faust.” With that, the Faunus watched as Deathwing returned to his own Equestria and copied the same method that he did in order to go home. Using his own token as a way for him to return back to Fluttershy’s cottage. As both portals closed, the Queen of Equestria was now alone in the field they were in, but possessed two powerful artifacts she could use to call upon allies when the time was right.

But right now, all the Alicorn needed was rest. Today was a long and weird day. Maybe some sleep could help rest her weary head.


Fluttershy’s Cottage

By the time Sun had returned, Fluttershy and Discord were wondering on where Sun had wandered off too. The Faunus didn’t want to explain about the whole Displaced scenario as of right now because he thought that he would give the two of them a major headache if he took the time to explain every nook and cranny of it. So he told them that he just went for a walk in the Everfree Forest for a while and then came back after he lost track of time. They both giggled when they heard of the Faunus’ clumsiness and then told them about Fluttershy and her friends having to handle the “Bumblebear” that had strolled into town while he was on his walk.

Speaking of friends, Fluttershy realized that right now, it was as good of time as any right now in order to introduce her to her friends. The Princess was coming over as well, so it gave them the chance to meet royalty as well. Sun though, thought it would be best to greet all of them as a surprise. That way, he could have a little fun while meeting the other ponies.

A few hours passed as Fluttershy and Discord soon arrived to see the rest of their friends as well as Gilda, who greeted the shy pegasus with an apology for her behavior the last time they saw one another. Rainbow Dash herself was wondering where this “special guest” was as both Princess Celestia and Luna entered the throne room.

“Greetings everypony… Twilight, I don’t happen to see this Faunus that you mentioned earlier in your letter-.”

Before she could continue anymore, a banana peel fell from the ceiling, landing on Celestia’s horn. It had everypony in the room look up, only to see Sun Wukong hanging by the Chandelier that was in the room and eating a banana.

“Uhh…… oops.”

“What the-!? What the hay is that?”

“That… would be Sun.” Twilight said.

“Aww come on, Twilight. You ruined the surprise-.”

“SURPRISE!?! WHERE!!?” came the voice of the Pink Pony that Sun remembered seeing at the docks from Baltimare. His entrance also caused Rainbow to try and charge at him, only to be held back by Gilda as she used one of her talons to grab her tail. Sun soon dropped down from above, removing the banana peel from Celestia’s horn and apologizing for that happening.

“So… You must be Sun Wukong.”

“Yep. That’s me.” The Faunus introduced himself. “Hello everypony… Twilight… Fluttershy… Skittles.”

“Hey-!!”

Rainbow did not have any time to talk back at him as the topic soon switched to the contents of a letter that Twilight had sent to the Princesses about what Sun had told Fluttershy. About himself and also the Grimm. They had concerns for the safety of the population because of the threat that they posed to him the other day.

But Sun personally was thinking of something else. Something that made the Grimm seem to be the least of their worries.


The Hive

In the outermost portion of the badlands laid the home of the Changelings. Known as The Hive, it was the place that the brethren of creatures called their home. Their queen, Chrysalis, wanted payback for being fooled of her plans at the Canterlot wedding and now; one of the other Hive Queens was meeting her. Queen Mordred. Known for being brutally fierce and for having the talent to use one’s hate to her advantage.

They were discussing plans on how they could get the other hives to join them in their cause. The other three leaders wanted peace amongst them and their Equine neighbors. But Mordred and Chrysalis saw peace only to be possible if they were thrown out of the picture. As their conversation paused though, an unknown figure walked into the room, surprising everypony. It had black garments that covered its body, red hair, and a metal facemask that covered its face. In addition, its head had two small horns along its sides.

“I apologize for my intrusion, but I want to simply talk to you two. I believe that we have some common interests.” at that moment, ten guards from all sides appeared around the figure as he sighed.

“Not until you get past my ten-.”

SHNNG!!!

“-dead guards.” Chrysalis corrected herself, surprised at how one simple cut was able to cause that much devastation. “Alright, speak your piece, but be quick about it.”

“I believe that the two of us have a common enemy.” He said, showing a playing card with an image of Princess Celestia on it. This caused Chrysalis to grit her teeth as he sliced the card in half to recapture her attention. “Allow me to assist you in any way that I possibly can so you can finally deal with the ponies that had defeated you once before.”

Both Chrysalis and Mordred were intrigued. His skills were quite unordinary, but if he were to help them, then they would definitely gain an advantage in having the other hives follow under them. “You possessed combat skills that are impressive and useful to our cause. Tell us, what is your name?”

The Faunus smiled as he spoke once more to the two queens as he turned to leave.

“My name is Adam. Adam Taurus. And let me make it clear about one thing. I’m helping you because of my own reasons and if you try to manipulate me like your predecessors, you will end up with your heads dismembered from your bodies. Just like they did.” With the chill of fear sent down the queen’s spines, Adam proceeded to leave the throne room. He walked out into the massive caves of the Hive, looking amongst the changeling society aas he gritted his teeth.

He had a lot of work to do if he were to make them proper soldiers.


End Tail 3

PreviousChapters Next