• Published 4th Jun 2015
  • 9,578 Views, 418 Comments

Monkey Business - FrostTheWolf



The plan was to dress up as a Faunus from RWBY. Specifically Sun Wukong. But plans don't always go the way we hoped. I just hope that my newfound abilities and skills don't get myself in Major trouble. [Displaced][RWBY/MLP Crossover]

  • ...
51
 418
 9,578

PreviousChapters Next
Tail 15- Not ready to die

Author's Note:

Part 1 of a 2 part crossover with Evolve Me Not by BronyParasite. Here, we dive deeper into Sun's life before being Displaced as well as look at some other events that are going on. I really appreciate all the help from BP on this chapter for making these characters come to life when I write with him.

Enjoy the chapter. And Stay Classy.
-Frost

Monkey Business- Not ready to die


Ponyville

“Woah, hold on a minute. Coco, the same girl that has her handbag turn into a freaking GATLING GUN, is your Ex!?”

Sun sighed, the faunus looking back at his friend Sage. “To be fair, we only went on one date, but I was the one who had to end the relationship. When I was with her, my mom got in a car accident and was forced into Intensive Care. I had to leave in the middle of it because of it being an emergency.”

“Oh my…” He heard Fluttershy respond. “I-i didn’t know that you had a family from where you were from, Sun.”

“To be fair, it was only my mother and I…” The Faunus stopped, taking a breath for a moment before speaking again. “Oh god, I hope she’s alright.”

“Why’s that?” Twilight asked.

“My mother is a very caring person, but if it comes to losing someone they care for, she mentally breaks. I’m talking depressive breakdowns here. I was the one who had to take care of her,” He continued, looking back at Sage. “But she was the one who wanted me to go to RTX. She said that I deserved to have some fun. Not be forced to have to stay with her and prevent me from enjoying myself.” The thoughts about his mother just clouded the inside of his head as he looked back at everypony and noticed that the sun was setting in the distance. “I’m going back to the cottage, Fluttershy. I just need some time to myself.”

“O-okay…” She quietly understood, watching alongside Sage and Twilight as he left the castle. “D-do you think Sun’s going to be okay?”

“I’m not sure…” Sage replied. “His family life and personal life are subject that he normally rather not speak about… However, this… makes me a little worried about him.” Before he could speak again, he heard a small crashing sound outside the castle and noticed Rainbow Dash zip in with a Brownish lookalike of herself.

“Don’t worry, Daring! I’ll protect you-.”

“Rainbow, there’s nothing to protect me from-.”

“Okay, seriously?” Sage asked. “What the hell is going on?” His question was answered once he looked at both his friends, Neptune and Scarlet. Covered head to toe in scratches, tree leaves and also what appeared to be bits of honey. “Neptune? Scarlet?”

“Sage? Seriously, how the hell did you get here so fast?” Scarlet asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I ran into Sun an hour after you two when on your little… adventure…” Sage replied, noticing the Pegasus in the explorer’s outfit. “Okay, who’s the Lara Croft pony?”

“My name is Daring Do. I ran into both of your… accomplices while exploring a temple not far from here. Fortunately, they were able to help me escape with the amulet I was searching for and they taught me a little bit more about some… other things as well.” With that, Sage looked at Scarlet, who had just passed out on the floor while Neptune himself just sighed.

“We ran into Grimm.”

“Why am I not surprised?”


Later that night…

Inside the cottage that was on the outskirts of Ponyville, Sun laid on the couch, restless. Fluttershy and her friends were helping Princess Luna with something going on tonight and no matter how many times he tried to get some sleep, he was forced to rewatch memories of the past inside his dreams. Now, as he laid awake, what he saw first remained fresh in his mind.

“Sean? You okay bud?” He heard his mother ask him in the brief dream before he heard himself speak. “Yeah… Are you okay?”

Redirecting his focus, he got up to walk to the bathroom, running the water in the sink in order to splash some of it on his face. Something to wake himself up. However, upon drying himself and looking in the mirror, he saw something that made him not believe what he was seeing. A woman with blond hair. One that looked to be in some sort of leather jacket and pants. With two gunshot wounds in the stomach… and one on the forehead.

That caused him to turn around abruptly, thinking that someone was there. But nothing was. The only thing he could say now was the only thing that was on his mind.

“M-mom?”

The Faunus was trying to keep himself calm. Not be frightened by what he just saw. But who the hell would not be frightened by seeing one of their own parents with a hole on their skull. The thought in itself was just sickening. But then another thought came into his mind. One that sent a chill down his spine.

What if what he just saw was her? He thought it through, but then shook his head. Hitting himself over the head a few times in order to get himself to snap out of those thoughts. There were two main reasons for this. One was that he didn’t want his mind to be clouded by scenarios of “What if” this happened. The second is that Fear was something that he did not want to display right now. For more primary reason.

“AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

Fear attracted Grimm. Hearing the sounds of screaming, the Faunus used his tail to grab his weapons and run outside, trying to follow the sounds of the female voice that he heard seconds ago. Soon though, those screams began to be overrun by the sounds of Beowolves as they swarmed in one MAJOR pack towards it’s target. When Sun got closer, he was sickened by what exactly he was seeing. All these monsters were swarming around one single mare, with lighting pink fur, but a dark purple mane with a cyan strip down the middle that reminded Sun of Twilight. The only difference being that this one had her mane tied up in a ponytail. She was pinned against a rock, trying to use her magic to ward them off. But whenever one disappeared, another took its place.

So it was unexpected that when the mare closed her eyes, almost like she was accepting her fate, to hear the loud BANG! that ruptured from Sun’s weapons as he took out several of them, causing the rest of them to flee on their own. When he turned around again, the mare was just beginning to open her eyes as he brought himself down to one knee.

“Hey… Are you okay?”

“W-who are you?” She asked. “A-are you one of those… monsters?”

“You mean the Grimm? No. I stopped them before they could harm you.” The Faunus told her while she was looking at the Grimm that were running away into the woods. “It’s not safe out here. Do you have any friends or know anypony where you could stay?” The mare herself just looked back, her eyes changing expressions to a bit of sadness.

“No… I don’t.”

Sun sighed. “Then consider me one then.” He told the mare, looking back at the Unicorn as the Faunus looked around to see if anything else was going on. When he turned around, he saw her eyes widen. “What’s your name?”

“S-star… Starlight.” She swallowed whatever was in her throat, trying her best to be brave for the moment.

“Starlight, I need you to run into Ponyville and take refuge in the castle until morning. Look for someone like me, but with green hair, darker skin, and a two handed claymore. That’s my teammate, Sage. He can help you find a place for you to be safe until morning.”

“T-thank you!!” She told him, almost leaping over to Sun to hug him briefly before galloping towards the town and disappearing from Sun’s vision. He would’ve gone with her, but something else caught his attention. He could hear voices with the cold winds that blew, but the Faunus could not see anything or anyone with his night vision. Were these just ghosts? Spirits even?

“What are we doing today? I’m a bit out of it.”

“No no no… not again.” Sun told himself. Trying to get the voices of his mother out of his head. But it wasn’t working. They were invading his mind and the mists that now were creeping in took form of some of the memories that the Faunus tried to keep locked away.

The first one he was seeing was him and his mother, Silvia, in their old car back home. Silvia was a bit frustrated after their order was messed up at the drive thru window at Wendy's, but tried to keep her cool because her son was there. At one point though, the peaceful conversation went an entirely different direction.

“Do you remember Lance?”

“Of course! Brownie boy’s my favorite nephew… Well, he’s my only nephew. What about Lance?” His mother asked him, trying to drive and talk at the same time

“Well… Normally, he would text me about almost every day… But… I haven’t heard anything from him recently.”

“He’s probably just with a girl and he hasn’t thought to text you-” She said, before having to swerve to the left as a sports car pulled up in front of her out of her blind spot. “Asshole!”

“Uh mom… I don’t think you’re taking this seriously.”

“I am, I just hate driving.” She replied, sighing a little “He’s probably distracted. Maybe his phone broke.”

“If his phone broke, then why would I find this when I look up his name.” Sun remembered exactly what happened next. It was then when she first told him about Lance going missing. Seeing a lost child photo with his Cousin’s face on it was just sickening on all levels. But the only question though… was why?

Why was he being forced to see these memories? Was it to tell him something? To teach him something? To try to see what would make him break? He did not know. But the next thing he saw… sickened him.

When he first found out about his mom getting hospitalized.

“Oh come on, I thought you would like it, Charlene. That film was better than the first one.”

“It was, but Ultron wasn’t that original in his plan. He brought a city up, then dropped it. Wasn’t that Hydra’s plan it Winter Soldier, or something? Dropping something?”

“In Winter Soldier, Hydra was trying to turn the country's defenses against them. Ultimately, SHIELD took the fall for it on that one. I honestly still need to catch up on Agents of SHIELD in-. What the heck? I’m getting a phone call from… the hospital?”

“Take it, I’ll take care of the trash.”

“Okay, thanks. Hello… Speaking? … Yes, that is me… Oh no… No no no no no… I-i’ll be there as soon as I can!” He said, hanging up the phone. Grabbing his head as Charlene was coming back. “God, this can’t be happening…”

“What?” Charlene asked.

“C-charlene. I need to go. I-it’s my mother. She got caught in a head on collision and is in ICU right now. They said that she could be dying right now! I-i’m sorry-!!” He stuttered, too frightened to think about what might’ve happened to her. That was seconds before running towards his car, hurrying as fast as he could in a mental state of panic.

Charlene was taken aback and was speechless. Her hand extended, as if she was going to call out, but stopped and lowered her arm, letting him go.

Back in the present, Sun was feeling himself break down. He still couldn’t believe that he actually did that. That he… abandoned her like that. It was unforgivable. But that wasn’t going to let him lose his grip on his sanity. No, it would do more than that just to break him. But now though, he was beginning to see something new. It was the same woman that he saw before, but now that he was able to see her face, the Faunus’ eyes widened.

It was her.

This time, she was seen with two others. One that was a dragon-ish sort of character. The other being the main character from the Horror game, Outlast. All three of them were meeting somewhere specific at some place. But the reason? He did not know. Everything that played on had no sound, but it didn’t take noise to see what she was talking about with a man in a white coat.

All it took was to see a picture of himself. “No…” The man grinned and out of his jacket, he pulled out a handgun, .40 caliber, and took aim. Shooting her in the stomach. “NO!”

He felt helpless as he watched what happened next. The other two who were with her were the first ones to die. One was shot in the throat. The other tried to fight back, only for a fist from the white jacket to go straight through his chest, right where his heart was. The Faunus though, could now see Silvia crawl on her chest, trying to flee. But her attempts were futile as the man in white kicked her with his foot, causing her to turn around with her back to the wall… and a gun to her forehead.

All the man had to do next was speak softly… and pull the trigger.

The second the trigger went off, Sun was startled back into reality. He found himself in the Everfree, a strange mist flowing around him and voices screaming inside his head. But soon… he saw something move. In front of him, now stood a shadow like form of himself. It’s darkened eyes staring deeply into his.

You… only have yourself to blame.” It said. “All of these things are because of choices you made. Choices you made without even thinking of the consequences that would turn out from them. Just accept it, Sun. This is all because of you.”

The Faunus was shocked. Words can not comprehend what he was seeing. “W-who are you?”

“It’s obvious isn’t it?” It spoke, trying to inch closer to him. “I am you… I manifest from the ill decisions that you make. The poor choices you decide… and the consequences of those choices. I am your doubts, insecurities, and everything that you try to hide.” The darkened form of himself was looking at him, eagerly waiting for him to say something. Like him being in denial. Resisting against this. Anything of that nature.

But the answer that it got was not the one that it expected.

“Well… Nice to meet you.”

“I beg your pardon?” It asked.

“I just said Nice to meet you. What’s the matter in that?”

“Y-you should’ve been in denial!! Crying out something like “You’re not me!” or something else that should’ve been rather dramatic before I turn into a horrific monster and try to kill you! Why are you so DIFFERENT!!?” It roared, until Sun heard it’s voice crack under pressure. Now sounding a lot less like him.

“It’s because I am already aware of my poor mistakes…” Sun replied, trying his best to keep it together. “I’m aware of the poor choices and mistakes I’ve made and use that as a way for me to not make the same mistake twice. I don’t try to hide them in some kind of persona of someone I’m not. I just use them as a way for me to see where I messed up and moved on.” The second though that he tried to touch the shadow version of himself though, the body began to shrink and a small ball of light began to form from within the darkness. Inside it… was a small filly. Looking at Sun with a scared set of eyes. By Celestia, she looked like a tiny Luna!!

“U-um… I-i can explain……” She whimpered, almost reminding Sun of Fluttershy.

“Luna? Is that you?”

“You know Luna?” It asked, surprised. Sun nodded his head, explaining to her how he knew the princess of the night and also using the chance to introduce yourself. Now though, was when Sun began to start asking questions about her.

“Okay, now that I explained about myself… Who are you?” He asked.

“I-i’m…… Astra.” She replied. “Umm… Sun? Do you by chance know of Nightmare Moon?”

“Once or twice. Why?”

“Well… there’s something you may need to know. Nightmare Moon is split into two forms. One that represents her rage and anger. The other one that represent the pain that Luna felt as Nightmare Moon. I’m the other half… and I’m scared to go back to that monster Tantabus.”

“Your other half…”

“Right… But I don’t have any other choice. I don’t know of anypony that can see me, besides you…” She moaned, sadly crying a little to herself as Sun stood above her. But then, a thought came into his mind. It may be a stretch, but it could possibly help her.

“What about me?”

The filly looked back at Sun, startled, yet confused. “What?”

“What if you stayed with me? That way, you don’t need to go back to this… Tantabus… I swear, I’m getting that word mixed up with Tartarus inside my head.” He sighed, looking back at Astra. “Think of it, I can see you and you can be able to talk to me. Is there a way for you to stick with me?” The pony thought of it for a few minutes, looking back at the Faunus while scratching her chin with one of her wings. Then, she had an answer.

“There might be a way… But it might hurt at first.” She replied. Soon, the filly just jumped through Sun, who felt like he was struck by lightning as he fell to his hands and gripped the earth beneath him, bearing the pain.

“W-what the hell just happened?” He thought to himself. Unexpectedly though, someone actually replied to that question.

“Okay, it worked. Sun, can you hear me?”

“Astra? What’s going on?” He asked, both confused and in a bit of pain at the same time.

“I’m part of you now,” She replied, showing herself briefly in a ghost like form. “Our souls were able to link properly and you have a strong Aura and will. Meaning that I could be able to be part of your spirit.”

“O-okay…” He groaned. “Just… please warn me again before doing that. That hurt.” The Faunus sighed, picking up his staff as he got off the ground and turned his head a little. The sun was beginning to rise and everything around him was beginning to clear up. However, something didn’t feel right with Sun. “Hey Astra?”

“Yes?”

“Was what you showed me… real?”

“To an extent… Some parts were made from your memories. Others were made from the memories of people related to you… My powers are based on dreams and memories-.”

“Wait… does that mean… my mother is… dead?” Sun asked mentally, stopping for a second.

“Actually, that’s something that I personally can’t get my head around.” She explained. “You, along with every other being and the people related to you have an Aura and it only diminishes when they die. However, despite it looking like your mother was killed, her Aura never faded.”

That surprised Sun. A lot. That couldn’t be a convenience now… Could it? His train of thought was short lived though when Astra spoke once more. This time, out of caution. “Sun, behind you!!”

A hand took hold of his throat from behind and lifted him up. Whoever it was, he was strong. He threw Sun at a tree which gave Sun the perfect chance to turn and see his assailant. It was a man with a shadow aura around him and blood covering him.

“Who the hell are you?” He asked, tempted to pull out his weapons.

“Miles Upshur.” He said, voice echoing. “Where am I?”

“Uhh… The Everfree forest?” Sun answered. “Matter of fact, why did you attack me!?”

“You took me somewhere out of New Yoke! What did you do!?”

“Me!? I didn’t summon any Displaced!” The Faunus shot back. “I was just having to deal with a pack of Grimm a few minutes ago and then you start throwing me into trees!” Sun did not want to mention Astra right around now. Mostly because he was unsure of how someone would react to hearing about Nightmare Moon. “For the love of god, can you just calm down!!”

Miles kept still. “If I find you were the one, I’ll tear you apart… From the inside…”

Something about that reminded Sun of what he had seen earlier. A man dressed as someone from Outlast getting his heart torn apart from the inside. Holy crap, this was that same guy. “I can assure you that I didn’t summon you… Were you with anyone when this happened?”

Miles was about to reply, before there was a gunshot and a laser flash. This, followed by the roar of an Ursa, confirmed in Sun’s mind that a grimm was nearby. “Sh*t. Grimm! Miles, stay right there!” Before the man could respond, Sun took off through the trees, trying to follow the sound of where the shot was located from. Soon though, he reached a clearing and found what was going on.

Two ponies, both with pink coats but one lighter and the other darker, the lighter was a Unicorn with white mane with a purple streak exactly like Twilight, while the darker one was a Pegasus with a blue mane that looked more like Rainbow Dash. They fought a dozen Grimm, but the one that stood out was the woman holding an AK-47 Machine Gun. She had a black vest with light blue jeans with a handheld gun holstered to her hip. She had blond hair and green eyes.

They were continuing to fight, however, Sun soon noticed that the woman’s weapon was beginning to click. Her clip was empty and another pack of Beowolves just arrived too. This was where the Faunus stepped in, landing by the Ursa major that was in the back on it’s own before pulling the trigger and blasting off it’s head. All the other Grimm soon redirected their attention towards him, just as Sun pressed his hands together like he was praying and two spectral decoys emerged, charging at the Grimm and exploding on contact. His weapon now switched to its staff form to deal with the last of the remaining Grimm as he looked towards the others.

“Are you okay?” He asked them.

“Oh sweet!” The Pegasus shouted. “That was cool!”

“Umm… Thanks?” Sun replied. “I was wondering if the Grimm hurt you at all. I could hear the gunshot and energy blast from nearby.”

“Ignore her, that’s her way of saying she’s fine.” The Unicorn said, trotting over to Sun. “I’m Twilight by the way.”

“Twilight? But Twilight is back at the Castle.” Sun replied, tilting his head a little. “What’s your last name?”

“Mist. Sorry, I forgot it’s a more common name in the Multiverse. I’m actually her alternate granddaughter. Our females usually have the same first name.”

“To each their own I guess. I got a cousin who’s in a world of superheroes and I don’t mind that.” Sun chuckled, only to notice Mist’s stunned expression upon him saying that. “What? Was it something I said? Please don’t tell me I broke her”

“Would… He happen to be named… Lance?” Asked the woman, almost trembling.

“Actually… You’re right. I don’t mean to be rude, but how exactly do you three know him?” The Faunus replied, asking his own question.

She looked about ready to pounce, but Mist held her back and whispered into her ear.

“We’re from Lance’s world…” The Pegasus remarked.

“Well, any friend of Lance is a friend of mine. Oh and I almost forgot to introduce myself. I’m Sun Wukong. But you can just call me Sun for now.” He soon noticed the woman behind the two ponies and looked at her carefully. “Are you okay, Miss?”

“A-Aya Brea…” She said shakily. “Just Aya though…”

Sun just looked at her for a few minutes, memories of what happened coursing through him. Soon though, he heard Astra say something to him. “Sun… That’s her.”

Upon realizing that, he looked back at Aya with a different expression now. One of shock… and surprise. “Wait…… Mom? Is that you?”

“I… I think…” She said, legs wobbling. Sun reached out, setting his hands on her shoulders before pulling her in for a hug.

“Oh my god… I thought I wasn’t going to see you again.”

Aya squeezed Sun tightly. “I- I found you!” Sun held himself back a little, looking back at Aya before looking at her.

“I-i’m sorry… I’m sorry that I didn’t come home…” Sun told her. “I’m sorry for all the pain that I put you through.”

Aya chuckled a bit. “To tell you the truth, I can’t remember any of that… But you’re home now…”

“Sorry to break up the reunion, but this seems too good to be true.” Said Mist.

Sun looked back at them, tilting his head. “The only thing that I find confusing is how you guys ended up in my world. But there is one thing you should know ahead of time… I’m technically not the only Displaced that lives here.”

“Noted. I think it’s best we get out of this area so we can converse better.” Mist said. “Where’s Miles?”

“In a nearby clearing. Also, for that place you mentioned… I think I know a good place to go.” Sun replied, putting away his weapons and helping his mother to her feet. “Follow me please.”

“Firefly, get Miles.” Mist said, and the Pegasus sighed before flying towards the area Sun came from. “Where?”

“Where else?” He chuckled, looking at Mist. “Twilight’s castle.”

“Twilight has a castle?” Mist tilted her head.

“Well, she is a Princess like Celestia and Luna. One of the perks that come with being an Alicorn I guess.” Sun replied, making his way over there as he started walking. “Oh and if you see an orange haired girl on the way over, don’t mind her. That’s Penny. Now… To Twilight’s Castle.”


“This place looks like a safety hazard…” Mist mumbled, looking at Twilight’s castle.

“Eh, needs to be… One hundred and ninety percent cooler…” Firefly stated.

Sun chuckled at that, looking at the two ponies. “Trust me, it looks a LOT bigger on the inside.” He allowed them to walk in first, soon with him following behind as he walked on up to where he saw a familiar face. “Hey Spike, I’m back.”

“Hey man, glad you’re back. Sage was looking for you. He found two of your other friends earlier after they went trekking through the Everfree.” The Young dragon said as he hopped down from the table where the Cutie Map was. “He also happened to come across the Mare you saved earlier… Trust me on this part, Twilight and the others are actually surprised that you saved her.”

“Right… Where is Twilight? I needed to see her and Rainbow for a minute.”

“They just came back a while ago.” He replied, looking behind Sun to notice the two other ponies and Displaced. “Did you find Twilight’s secret admirer or something?”

“I’m Mist, and no. I just have that effect on ponies…” Said Mist, who looked annoyed.

“Is he blind to us?” Miles asked.

“No, I was just asking and Mist stood out the most…” Spike told her, his cheeks becoming a light red for a minute. “Oh hey, there they are.” Sun soon turned around, looking at both Twilight and Rainbow as they flew into the room. After a while though, Rainbow smacked Sun over the back of the head.

“Where the Hay were you!? We thought you got kidnapped!!”

“Hello to you too, Rainbow…” Sun groaned, rubbing the back of his head.

“She was almost right…” Firefly joked, thinking of all the times Aya randomly hugged Sun and refused to let him go.

“Sun, who are these people?” Twilight asked. “I know that they might be friends of yours, but after the Incident with Adam Taurus earlier in the week and the state he put both Ruby and Yang in, I’m trying to be cautious about what goes in and out of Ponyville.”

“Trust me, if I was an enemy you’d know…” Miles said, arms crossed.

“Adam’s worse.” Sun replied. “He’s a jackass who even went as far as attack his own daughters in order to try and get what he wants.”

“Do you know me? I thought not. I never said I was a jerk.” Miles countered. “And I can kill you all with a thought…” When everypony besides Mist and Firefly looked at him defensively, he added. “Not that I’m going to. I’m a good guy.”

“Besides, you’ve got us here. Names NRG.” Firefly said.

“Firefly. And I’m Midnight Mist.” Twilight Mist lied as she summoned a pair of headphones over her ears.

“I’m Twilight Sparkle and this is Rainbow Dash… You know… Maybe we should call some of the others and have them introduce themselves Sun.”

“Not yet. I need to tell you something first.” The Faunus explained, looking back at Aya and noticing that Fluttershy had entered the room as well. “Morning Fluttershy-!” Before Sun could react, Fluttershy almost rammed into him head on, hugging him tightly just like Aya was earlier.

“Oh my stars, I’m so glad you’re okay!! We didn’t find you this morning and-.”

“Easy there, Flutters. I’m okay… In fact, I have someone for you to meet.” He told her, pointing towards Aya.

“Hi…” She said, waving.

“Um… Hi?” Fluttershy Squeaked, causing Sun to sigh a little.

“Come on, Mom. You can do better than that-.”

“Woah woah woah. SHE’S YOUR MOTHER!?!” Rainbow reacted, the loud outburst followed by a collection of gasps and then the Pegasus laughing insanely hard. Fluttershy herself was quite surprised, but she seemed to be a bit more comfortable now that she knew who Aya was. “And just when I thought your Ex Marefriend being here was surprising enough for you!”

“Worst thing is I have no memories of my life other than my family… L-Lance is about the best I can do with their names…” Aya said. “And don’t call me ‘Sun’s mom’ all the time. My name is Aya Brea.”

“I’m Fluttershy.” The yellow pegasus replied. However, from one of the nearby doors that Spike was by, Sage soon walked out and noticed the small crowd that was forming.

“Well Sun, it’s good to see that you’re back in one piece… and I see that you have some friend with you.” He replied, keeping his huge broadsword that was almost as tall as him on his back. “I’m Sage. Nice to meet all of you…”

“Aya Brea.” Aya replied.

“Nice to meet you.” He smirked, looking back. “Sun, Twilight and I had a talk with the mare that you rescued from the Grimm and apparently… Twilight had encountered her before.” Taking a bit of time, Sage explained about what they found out about the mare. Starlight turned out to be Starlight Glimmer. But apparently, her previous views and actions against Twilight and her friends are things that she wanted to put behind and start a new life. But that was something they had to talk about more on the side.

“Well, for the most part,” Sage said, looking back at Aya and the others. “You guys can make yourselves at home right now. Spike, can you give Mist and Firefly a tour of the place?”

“Uhh… sure!!” He replied quickly, his cheeks lighting up a little. “Can that include Ponyville too? I think that they would like to meet the Cutie Mark Crusaders?” Sage’s answer was a simple nod of the head as Spike walked over to the two mares, guiding them into town.

“By the way, he’s Miles and he’s a bit mad right now.” Aya said, pointing her thumb at Upshur. “I think it’s because I stole his gummy worms.” She smirked as she walked away. “I’ll go take a nap.”

“Alright. If you need anything, just let me know.” Sun told her before he heard the door to a nearby room close behind her. Now looking back at Sage, the faunus sighed. “Okay, so what was this about Starlight.”

“Well… Twilight has been thinking that maybe we should do something to help Starlight since we previously were talking up about establishing an Academy here. Think Beacon, but in Ponyville.” He told me for a brief moment. “Consider it like this. Twilight is like Ozpin and Starlight is like Glynda Goodwitch.”

“You think she might be a good teacher?”

“Once they figure out how ponykind can protect themselves against the grimm, Twilight and Starlight can be the first of many teachers here. Raven was also in on the idea and so was Kreed.”

That, in turn, surprised Sun. “Wait, how do you know about him?”

“I met him while Raven was forging a sword for him. That’s how I got my weapon.” He explained briefly. “Still though, with all the amounts of possible huntsmen and huntresses showing up, this could make a difference. It’s still in the planning stages, but think of it. SSSN, RWBY, CFVY, ABRN. Hell, at this rate, a team JNPR is bound to show up at some point.”

“Don’t jinx it. The last thing we need is someone as Nora being friends with Pinkie Pie.” The Monkey Faunus replied.

“I’m bored…” Firefly grumbled.

“I could give you a yoyo.” Mist deadpanned.

“That was quick. I didn’t expect you two to come back so soon.”

“Spike showed us his room and showed us his comic book collection… All of it… We left because it was weird… Since we were in one…” Mist said shivering.

“How could someone make me a bucking stallion!!!” Firefly screamed, face turning red.

“Dang it… I asked for him to give a tour of Ponyville. Not show you his collection.” Sun facepalmed himself. “Well, I think maybe we should do something…”

“I’m interested in how those weapons work. I’ve seen a similar design, but never to an extent as these.” Mist said. “Silver never finished the prototype of it.”

“Egghead…” Firefly rolled her eyes.

Around now was when Neptune came out from the room Sage was in previously. “Well, it’s not just Sun’s staff that’s unique… Hello to you too, Sun.”

“Good to see you too Neptune.” Sun replied. “Like what he said, almost all our weapons work in different ways… and almost every weapon… is also a gun.”

“Why didn’t AJ get me one of those!?” Firefly said, huffing and crossing her arms.

“I’m… Shocked to know that. That may be a good surprise factor, but it seems like they’d break easily.” Mist thought aloud.

“Not with the way that ours are constructed.” Neptune explained, letting his weapon’s compact form transform into a halberd. “Either they switch between different modes or are integrated into the weapons. A good example is Sun’s nunchucks since they are also shotguns.”

“Normal weapons also have their own tricks with the use of Dust.” Sage pointed out. “Raven’s blade for example can have multiple properties depending on the dust crystal she uses. Even going as far as to cut open a portal to another place in Equestria for fast travel.”

“Huh, reminds me of that stuff you made Twi- I mean Mist.” Firefly said. “You know, those magie stone or whatever?”

“Yeah, sort of. Sound simpler though.” Mist said. “I’d rather not mess with other universes properties. Why don’t you show us what they can do?”

“Sure thing. But we might want to do this outside.” Sun advised them. “Rather not cause a mess in here.”

“Of course.” Mist said with a bored looking Firefly.

“Oh and trust me when I say that there are multiple types of weapons. Some of our friends in Ponyville have a Scythe that’s part sniper rifle, a dust enhanced rapier, two blades with a handgun and also a pair of wicked shotgun gauntlets.” Sage told them, having Firefly’s ears perk up at the last part.

“Where do I get one of those?”

“You don’t need one of those Fly. You’re energy blasts are much more effective than that and less cousty.” Mist said as she thought a bit.

“Oh come on! You have to ruin my fun before I even get an answer!” Firefly glared at the Unicorn who rolled her eyes.

“Please, it’s a waste of money for bullets, and you don’t have a permit. Plus, you’re a terrible shot.” Mist grumbled. “I’d rather give Surprise caffeine than you a gun.”

“One, the weapon is only fired when a punch is thrown…” Sage spoke. “Two… we don’t need to necessarily have it be bullets. What if Firefly’s energy served as ammunition?”

Mist glared at the ground. “I don’t see the point… Can we get to the demonstration?” Sage sighed, holding out a tablet that had a recording of Yang in a sparring session as her gauntlets tore a wooden dummy to pieces. Firefly’s jaw dropped upon watching it, staring at it in awe. Especially when the formed from the pair of wristbands on Yang’s wrists. To her, that was the perfect disguise.

“How about I give them to Surprise!? She needs a better defence anyway! I’ll just… Use them from time to time!” Firefly tried.

“Whatever… Go, waste our already small resources on something that you want.”

“It doesn’t necessarily have to be just Firefly,” Neptune commented. “If you talk to Raven, I think she can craft something for your friends as well.” Just when he finished saying that, they found the woman they were just talking about in the training grounds with Kreed. Testing his new weapon to see if it needed any improvements.

“And speak of the devil, there she is.” Upon noticing the five of them, Raven sheathed her weapon and turned towards the small group.

“Well, I honestly didn’t expect any company before I returned back to the castle or the forge.” She said, noticing Firefly and Mist. “And you seem to have brought some friends too.”

“More like acquaintances.” Mist said dully. She showed no emotion, only slight curiosity.

“Well, any acquaintance of Sun or Sage is a friend of mine.” She replied, looking at Firefly. “How can I help you-?”

“Weapon!” The pink Pegasus blurted before fumbling. “S-sorry… Please?” Mist face hoofed, clearly embarrassed by Firefly’s actions.

“A weapon you say?” Raven asked, looking back at Sun with a raised eyebrow.

“Sage was thinking that Firefly could work with a pair of gauntlets similar to Yang’s, but have it work with her energy based powers.” Sun explained.

“Heh… I call that a challenge. Firefly, is it?”

“Yeah, Firefly Dash.” The Pegasus said. Another face hoof from Mist.

“Come with me. We can begin working on those gauntlets for you right now.” She replied, accepting the challenge and letting the Pegasus follow her. Leaving Mist just… stunned.

“Why…? That was it? She just...”

“Raven likes taking up any challenge. Whether it’s a fight or a chance to create something new.” Kreed finally spoke, catching Mist’s attention. “Good to see you again, Sun. You too Sage.”

“I’m Midnight Mist. You must be… Kreed.” Mist said, lying about her name again.

“I am. Former guard of Queen Amaranth and protector of the last of her kin.” He said, bowing partially. “Pleasure to meet you, Mist.”

“Never heard of her… But it’s nice to meet you too.” Mist said, raising an eyebrow slightly.

“The way changeling society works is a little hard to bear.” Kreed sighed. “We used to have a king, but when he died, the rule of the hive was split between the 5 queens that were his wives. Chrysalis, Queen of Jealousy, Mordred, Queen of Anger, Violet, Queen of Fear, Amaranth, Queen of Sorrow and Solana, Queen of Joy. Each one represented the king's emotions as a whole. But it’s only to now that two of them remain.” With the last sentence, he gritted his teeth a little, something that caught Mist’s attention as Sun and the others sat down on a nearby bench.

“I’m not sure what to say… What… What happened?” Mist questioned.

“Since the Canterlot invasion, tensions were high and the hive was split into Two colonies. Chrysalis and Mordred formed the Crimson Colony while my queen, Violet and Solana formed the Cobalt colony. However, a month ago, Chrysalis and Mordred lead a coup on the other colony, leaving hundreds to be slaughtered by the beast they unleashed on our home. I was lucky to make it out alive with Amaranth’s successors, Reson and Honeydew. However, Violet’s daughter and Solana’s son are still missing.”

“Wish I could help, but I can’t.” Mist said apologetically.

“It is alright, young one. Your company is all I need.” He said. “Because of Sun and Fluttershy, I no longer need to hide and fear that ponykind would try to hunt us down. I almost died because of that monster called “Adam”. I rather not become one of the hunted again.”

Mist smiled awkwardly. “Uh… Okay… Hey Sun? Mind if I check this places library?”

“Sure. It should be in the castle because from what I was told, the old one blew up.”

“Kay, I’ll find it. If you need anything I’ll be there. I also think Miles is walking around town.” Mist said before teleporting away.

Sun himself just got up from the bench he was on, walking over in the same direction that he saw Firefly head towards. He was interested in seeing what Raven would be able to craft for the young pegasus. But he also wondered something else. Things have been real quiet since Adam had attacked them only two days ago. Perhaps… too quiet.

What exactly was he up too?


The Hive

Everything seemed to be calm and quiet through the streets of the hive. But inside the main castle that the queen's called home, there was a bit of tension in the air. The Changeling Queen of Jealousy, Chrysalis, had just found out that Adam used a battalion of her own troops to carry out an attack on a supply train that she did not order herself. Now, she was furious and this was something that the queen needed to address immediately as she burst through the doors of the castle. Only to find that the room was completely empty.

“Mordred!!” came the voice of the angered Queen Chrysalis. “We need to talk right now!!” Silence. Not a word was said except for the echo that remained in the halls. She looked around, trying to see if there was any signs of life that could be detected. Soon, she trotted into a spare room and noticed what appeared to be her fellow queen lying down on the bed, almost like if she was asleep.

“Mordred, this isn’t the time for you to be sleeping on the job-.” She tried to tell her, putting her hoof on the fellow head of the queen, only to see it roll off of the bed, decapitated from the rest of her body. “What the hell!!? Who would do such a thing?!!” She raced out back into the hall of the throne room, where she found a few changeling drones, with their backs facing towards her.

“You there!! Find and assemble a swarm at once!! We got an emergency!!!” However, instead of them complying, they didn’t move. Instead, they just simply ignored her. “What is this? Do you dare refuse an order from your queen!?”

That was when of them turned around, slowly putting on a visor like the one Adam would wear and growled. “We don’t take orders from you anymore… Queen.”

Chrysalis was stunned. Her own drones. Her own soldiers. Her own kind. They were refusing to listen to her?! What sort of mockery was this!? “What in the name of the hive are you talking about?”

“Don’t you get it, little queen…” A new voice rattled the area in the room as Chrysalis slowly turned around. She now saw a new human like figure. Only female with red eyes, green hair, dark skin and an outfit that was a mixture of brown and white. Only that she was holding two weapons in her hands.

Two Sickles that were drenched in red blood. “It’s like the old saying… Off with your head.”

“W-who are you!? What have you done with my drones!?!”

“We haven’t done anything, Chrysy.” The woman teased. “Your troops have said that you were weak. You gave them false promises of being able to acheive their goals while the one you relied on for your siege showed them that they had what it takes to be able to accomplish such acts.”

The queen still gritted her teeth, but turned at the sounds of a new pair of footsteps walking into the room. This time it was Adam, followed by also twenty other changeling drones. Each with a similar visor to his.

“What did I tell you before, Chrysalis?” The Faunus snarled. “I told you that I was working with you for my own reasons. And if you tried to manipulate me, you would end up with losing your head. Mordred learned her lesson a little too late.” The Changeling queen just stared at the Faunus. Horrified by what was happening. This had to be some sort of dream. She needed to wake up. She needed to run. But when she tried, Chrysalis felt a rising pain in her back legs as she fell to the floor. Looking back, she saw the woman’s weapons have smoke appearing out the end as they were now in the form of a revolver.

“Oh… what a poor choice…”

“Emerald…”

“What? It’s not like she’s going anywhere.” Emerald snarled. “Now, are we going to continue talking or squash the bug already?”

“In a minute…” Adam replied, walking over to the downed Queen as he tooked out his blade and used it to nail Chrysalis into the ground. The blade stabbing her left forehoof. The queen screamed, only to be forced to look back at Adam.

“They will no longer listen to you anymore, Queen. But… they now listen to me. You will be forced to suffer the same way that you forced those not obeying you to suffer. For we are the White Fang… and you… well, you’re not going to live long at this rate.”

Queen Chrysalis tried to struggle against all the pain she was facing right now. Against everything. But there was one thing that she remembered that she had that Adam didn’t. Magic. With a low green glow from her horn, she used her magic to teleport herself away, seconds before Emeralds weapons changed again and the blades of her weapons shot outward with the chains at the end. Now, Adam was angry. But calm as well. He knew that with the extent of her injuries so far, Chrysalis would not be able to survive on her own.

“Should I send a squad to hunt her down, sir?” One of the drones asked as all of them stood at attention.

“No. At this rate, if her injuries don’t kill her first, the Grimm will. Our focus should be on preparing for what’s next. Gather everyling that you can find that can fight. We’ll need to prepare them for what’s to come.”

“What about the village that’s close to the badlands?” Emerald asked. “If Chrysalis was smart, she would try to disguise herself and go there.”

“Not a problem… I already sent someone to “take care” of it.” The Swordsman replied. “For now, everyone should get some rest. We got a lot of planning ahead.”


Elsewhere…

What was once a town of happiness and hope had now become a pile of ash and fire as the blaze that consumed the small town grew and the smoke from the flames rose into the sky. In the distance, only four survivors from the horrible tragedy remained. Two stallions and two mares. Each of them remembered what life was like before. When their village was freed. Now, everything that they worked hard for was gone.

It was thought that the blaze that consumed their homes and killed their friends and neighbors was nothing more than a kitchen fire that grew with each passing second. But in reality, it was the complete opposite. Double Diamond, one of the stallions, saw some creature on two legs fire arrows that were set on fire the moment it made contact with the roofs of the homes of many lost friends. Party Favor remembered that he saw what appeared to be broken pieces of stone act like dynamite as it exploded when some friends tried to run. Sugar Belle saw the same thing that Double did. Only that the figure wore a red dress and had a black, ash like mane.

What Night Glider remembered was hearing the assailant speak. The words she heard forever stuck in her head.

“How very… disappointing… Let’s make things a little more… enjoyable.”

Of course, what came next was something that all four of them wouldn’t enjoy. Yet the thought of what happened was just… sickening. It had been hours since they fled and now, the four of them were in a self made shelter with whatever belongings they were able to take with them. Some bits, a couple of snacks, and a couple of canteens. However, they were just about out of water by the time they set up camp.

“There’s a lake not too far from here.” Night Glider said, looking back at the others. “I should go and get the canteens filled.”

“I’m coming with you.” Party Favor told her. “With the condition that Double Diamond is in right now, nopony should be going on their own.”

“Fine, just don’t get lost. I want to get this back to them as soon as I can-.”

Hiss…

“What the buck was that?” Night Glider asked, turning around with her back facing towards Party Favor. Again. they heard the same sound. Only this time, louder.

HIIISSSSS…

“Umm, Party Favor? That illumination spell could be kinda useful right now…” Night Glider told her friend. The Unicorn complied, but what he saw next had his jaw drop.

It was a black and white snake. Almost too big to be a normal snake, along with it’s red eyes… and twin heads.

“Ssssssss…… SNAKE!!”

“Oh come on, Party Favor it can’t be that ba-. OH DEAR CELESTIA, WHAT THE BUCK IS THAT!?!” The Pegasus screamed. Just as the serpent’s head lunged towards the two of them though, they heard… something else.

“Nora…… SMASH!!!”

When the two of them opened their eyes, both ponies saw a bipedal figure smash one of the snake heads to the ground with what appeared to be a warhammer, smashing it’s white skull into pieces.

“NORA! I told you not to be running off on your own!!” Another voice called out, more figures showing up as Night Glider now saw them.

“Who the buck are those guys!?” Her question didn’t go on deaf ears as the figure that was named Nora, actually turned around to her and replied to her question.

“Oh there just my teammates. The blond one is Jaune, redhead is Pyrrha, asian pretty boy is Ren and I’m Nora, the queen of the castle and huntress on the quest for PANCAKES!!!”

“... I’m getting a case of Deja’vu now. She seriously reminds me of Pinkie Pie.” Party Favor replied, watching Nora swing her weapon and smack the head of the monster in the tree.

“Pie!? Where?!!”

“Nora, look out!” Ren yelled, pushing her away from the incoming head of the King Taitiju as Pyrrha tried distracting it. Night Glider watched as Pyrrha’s spear turned into a rifle as it began to fire shots at the Grimm’s eyes. Causing it to scream in pain.

“Nice shot Pyrrha.”

“Thank me once we get ourselves out of this!” She said to Jaune. “Ren, on your right!” The man turned around and places his hands forward as they glowed a light pink. He focused his aura as the head of the king Taitiju came closer. Using his Aura, he was able to cause one of the fangs to break as he stabbed the top of it with one of them.

“Nora, slam it down!”

“It’s HAMMER TIME!!” Nora called out, using Magnhild to slam one of the fangs down on the first head. When the second one lunged towards her, Night Glider watched her smirk as her weapon transformed and began to fire an explosive payload right into it’s mouth. Having it explode into a blast of darkness and scales.

“Holy…”

“Victory for Team JNPR!! High fives, everyone-.” Nora shouted out again, only to see Pyrrha look towards Night Glider and Party Favor. When the young “queen of the castle” saw the two living ponies right in front of her… she literally cried out in joy as she jumped at Night Glider and pulled her down in a tight hug.

“YOU’RE SO CUTE!! Ren, can we keep it!?”

“G-get your hooves off of me!! Party Favor, do something!” However, the only thing that Party Favor was doing was chuckling to himself, almost falling to the ground in laughter over what he was seeing. Laughing alongside the blond human that was named Jaune.

“Nora, calm yourself down. We just saved her life after all. Let go of her.” Ren replied.

“But Ren. She’s so soft… and cuddly… Ooh, I wonder if they have a Pinkie Pie here-.”

“Nora…”

“Aw alright… Party pooper.” Nora groaned, releasing Night Glider from her iron grip as the pegasus gasped for air. It was only then that both sides were able to start talking once the two ponies got back to their friends and when the group of humans found out the circumstances of what was going on. The only thing that they could think of right now was one thing.

What exactly did they get themselves into?


End Tail 15

PreviousChapters Next