• Published 4th Jun 2015
  • 9,577 Views, 418 Comments

Monkey Business - FrostTheWolf



The plan was to dress up as a Faunus from RWBY. Specifically Sun Wukong. But plans don't always go the way we hoped. I just hope that my newfound abilities and skills don't get myself in Major trouble. [Displaced][RWBY/MLP Crossover]

  • ...
51
 418
 9,577

PreviousChapters Next
Tail 29- The Recovery Process

Author's Note:

Well, since the next chapter for Lance is going to be a rather... big one, I decided to whip up this quick one with the help of Brony Parasite. His story, Evolve Me Not, actually centers around Sun's mom, Aya Brea, who is in this chapter after she is informed about what happened to the faunus in the last chapter. This isn't the first time though that she's been here... and the last time was when things got really hectic.

Speaking of which, the reason for how Sun's tail is and with the scars he has is because it matches his new look right here that I found while browsing DeviantArt.

I just happened to find it while looking for ideas with alternative outfits for him and here we are. I hope you guys really enjoy this chapter as this was a lot of fun for both BP and I to write. Especially with some of the ideas that we have in store. Also, go check out Gallrith on DA (artist of the pic above). He's got a lot of awesome RoosterTeeth inspired art and more than just RWBY. You'll really like it.
-Frost

Monkey Business- The Recovery Process


It had been almost a couple of days since Fluttershy had found Sun in the state that he was in and news of what happened quickly spread across town like a raging fire. All her friends had already heard about what happened, even though Pinkie’s solution for Sun getting better involved sweets and sugar since she believed that a spoonful of it would help any form of medicine that the doctors would give him go down easily. That and Rarity was crying more over how his clothes have been diced to ribbons. Yet, even though all her friends knew about it… and also Sun’s teammates and everyone helping at Beacon, there was still one person that she felt needed to know what happened.

Aya Brea. Sun’s mother. She remembered Sun bringing her over a few times, including some celebrations at Beacon, but the pegasus right now was trying to find her token out of the collection of them that Sun had on a bookshelf in their room. It took her some time to find it, but soon she had found her token and had in front of her. It was a badge with the letters MIST emblazoned on the front of it that reminded her of what some of the officers of the Manehattan Police Department would have. But now wasn’t the time to draw comparisons to things that she had seen before.

Instead, she closed her eyes and held the badge firmly with one of her wings as she tried to recall how Sun was able to bring Aya over all those times before. “Uhh… M-ms. Aya? I-i-if you’re n-not too busy… can you please come here? I-i-i need to t-tell you something about Sun…” She was nervous along with the fact that she wasn’t sure if Aya would hear her.

Aya suddenly appeared, her face blank with a dark look in her eyes. “What happened…?” She asked, her voice cold and hollow. It almost scared Fluttershy for a moment, but after a bit, the pegasus was able to calm herself down and respond to her… properly.

“S-sun’s… hurt. Bad…” She stuttered, looking back at Aya as she tried to form the words. “He’s… i-in the hospital…”

“Bring me to him… Now…” Aya said, the hollow in her eyes vanishing, replaced with worry. Fluttershy nodded her head and lead Aya over to the hospital in Ponyville. Even with the fact that Discord offered to help them, the pegasus ignored it so she could bring Aya over to her son. Yet, in her mind, the pegasus was nervous that Sun’s mother would have the same kind of reaction that Coco had. However, when they actually got to the faunus’ room in the hospital… that was when she saw her be more… emotional.

Aya ran over to Sun and collapsed by the side of his bed and onto her knees, weeping as she took one of his hands. Fluttershy herself trotted over to where the woman was and tried to comfort her however she could. Using one of her wings to try and wipe the tears away from her face. “I-I-I should’ve been here for him!” She sobbed.

“A-aya, it’s o-okay… This isn’t y-your fault…” Fluttershy tried to tell her, even though her words did little to help calm her down. Yet, Aya was more focused on blaming herself for what happened to her son.

It was in this commotion though… that the pegasus noticed something. The faunus’ tail, which was originally hanging over the side of the bed, moved a little bit. That was followed by a brief sounding groan and some shifting around as both Fluttershy and Aya then heard something… that not only shocked them, but also gave them hope.

“U-urgh…… M-my head…” It was brief, but the statement itself caught both of the visitors in his hospital room by surprise.

“Sun! You’re awake!” Aya squealed, jumping on top of Sun and hugging him as she cried. The faunus himself was still trying to get his senses in order while also having to handle a pounding headache… so the sudden hug by his mother felt more like a King Taijitu trying to squeeze the life out of him.

“C-can’t…… b-breathe…” He groaned, trying to get some air while his mother was hugging him.

“Aya, let go of him. He’s trying to get some air…” Fluttershy lightly told the blond haired woman, tapping her on the shoulder with one of her wings in order to get her attention.

“O-oh, sorry…” Aya said, letting go of her son. She then rolled off of him weakly, still shaking. The faunus around then was finally able to breathe in some much needed air and wrap his head around what was going on as he propped himself up on the bed. Causing the bandages on his arms and chest to fall off because of how tight they were put on originally. While also revealing some of the scars from what happened as Sun now looked to see both his mom and marefriend in the same room as him.

“Mom? F-fluttershy?” He asked, trying to wrap his head around things as he tried to adjust himself a bit. As he turned a bit, Aya winced at the sight of the scars on his shoulder and the long one on the front of his chest.

“Yes, it’s us sweetheart.” Aya said in an appropriate motherly voice.

“T-thank god…” He smiled, looking back at the two of them as Fluttershy flew up to get closer to where he was on the bed, hugging him as well. “I’m beyond glad to see you t-two…”

Aya sighed with a smile on her face. “Now that I know you’re okay, care to explain why Fluttershy’s gained some weight?” That question… immediately had a blush rip across the pegasus’ face as she looked back at Sun before turning to Aya.

She may have been too embarrassed to speak, but Sun in that moment just took a deep breath and sighed as he looked back at his mother. “Well… Fluttershy and I are getting married and… well… how should I put this…” He said, trying to look at Aya and tell her with a straight face. “You’re going to get a granddaughter…”

Aya’s smile didn’t fade. “Aww, I’m going to be a grandmother~!” Aya cooed, looking closer to Fluttershy’s belly. “Hi! I’m your grandmother!” She said, before turning to Sun, her smile turning darker. “And why… The hell… Did you just now decide to tell me this… Huh?”

“Uhh… W-we only found out about this r-recently… I wanted to tell you sooner but…” Sun said, before motioning to his injuries. “Well… this happened and I was out… speaking of which, h-how long was I out for?”

“Two days…” All three of them heard from outside the door as they turned to see Raven standing at the door. “It’s good to see that you are still awake… however, I would like to know who is visiting your room other than my daughter.”

“Two days!? What is it with people and not telling me these things sooner!!?” Aya almost screamed, her eyes turning white and a cartoonish vein appeared on her forehead and balled up fist. Only for her to soon realize Raven’s presence in the room as well. She then placed her index finger on her lips. “Oh, I’m Aya Brea, Sun’s mother.”

“Raven Branwen. Fluttershy’s mother…” She replied, looking back at her for a moment before turning to Sun. “You might want to take it easy on him. Your son’s been through hell and has the scars to show for it.”

“Oh, this is my way of taking it easy. And I’ve had my share of scars too.” Aya stated sweetly. “Also, can you believe we’re going to be grandmothers!?”

Raven nodded, sighing for a moment before looking back at her and then asking a question. “Ms. Brea… do you even know why your son received the injuries to his chest, shoulder, face and his back?”

“No, but I can assume it’s some criminal.” Aya said darkly. That wasn’t entirely wrong… but it was also the first time that she heard that her son had injuries on his back. Confusing her for a moment as that thought went through her head. “What happened?”

Raven herself unfolded her arms and closed her eyes for a moment as she was trying to process how she was going to tell her of this. However, when she opened her eyes again, the only conclusion that she came to was to tell her the truth. “Your son was brutally tortured. The scars on his face, chest and shoulders were all wounds suffered from the use of blades against flesh… and for his back… he was branded by the leader of a group known as the White Fang. He’s twisted ideals had lead to him wanting to leave a permanent reminder on his back that he is a traitor of his own kind… Like I said, he’s been through hell and a whole lot worse.” That was followed by her giving Aya the medical file on him to see the extent of the injuries for herself.

“Alright, I’ll be back in a bit. You three seem to need to talk.” Aya said, surprising Sun with how cold she said it. She walked out of the room, reading the file.

“Did we need to talk?” Sun then asked, causing Raven to shake her head as she looked back at him.

“I’ll leave you two alone for the moment and go let the doctor know that you are awake.” She said, before leaving the room and noticing Aya sitting down and scanning the file for herself. Her face was emotionless, though Raven could tell there was a darkness behind her eyes. Like she was planning something. “Aya… can I please ask a favor from you?”

“Sure, what is it?” Aya asked.

“Don’t go after who did this.” She coldly told him, looking back at the woman as Raven’s facial expression and voice was more serious now. “The one who did this to him is a very dangerous man… and your son needs you now so he can get back up on his feet.”

“... You ever had your child hurt while you were away?” Aya asked.

“Yes… Two of them. One lost an arm and another one was badly hurt. To make matters worse, my oldest daughter, the one with the missing arm, took off before she could even recover.” Raven told her, recalling when Adam attacked both of her daughters and her team. “I wasn’t able to be there for them when they needed me the most… but you are… so please… don’t do this for me… but for Sun. Be there for him like how Fluttershy is right now.”

Aya looked down. “I’ve let so many I love down… My parents, my sisters… My daughter…” She added the last part weakly. “I can’t even come to his aid when he’s fighting someone…”

“But you can come to his aid while he is recovering…” Raven told her, getting to her level and placing a hand on his shoulder. “You don’t have to aid someone by helping them fight, Aya… Sometimes, the best way to help someone is to be with them and show how much you care. Even though he is awake, it will take some time for him to recover. We’ve already had one person go off on a personal revenge quest to try and hunt down who did this and she hasn’t come back… If you can be there for Sun, I will be really grateful.”

“I will be there…” Aya assured her, causing Raven to smile back and hug her briefly.

“Thank you… Though, I will have to return the file… Rather not have the staff here think that you are stealing their paperwork.” She replied, looking back around to notice the ponies at the front desk get back to work once the swordswoman looked in their direction. Shortly before one of the nurses trotted over to them.

“Excuse me, Ms. Branwen… is everything all right?” the mare, whose nametag read “Ms. Redheart” on the front of it then asked.

“Yeah, everything’s just fine,” She replied with a smile. “I was just coming to tell you and Dr. Stable that Mr. Wukong had just woken up a few moments ago.”

“A bit late.” Aya stated in amusement. In response, Nurse Redheart turned around to inform Dr. Stable about what Raven just told her as the black haired woman handed her Sun’s medical file after Aya had seen what was left.

“I think you might be needing this.” Was all she said as the two ponies raced down the hall to where Sun’s room was and chuckling in response. Both ladies watched as the ponies went into the room… only for the stallion to race out of the room with his coat and tail on fire. “Oh right… I forgot to let them know about his tail…”

“What about it…?” Aya asked fearfully.

“Well… let’s say that through an accident with some fire dust, the end of his tail is now a flame that you can’t put out. They’ve had to keep it in a bucket so it wouldn’t catch anything on fire.” Raven told her… before thinking of a better analogy to use in that moment to help Aya. “Think like that one creature from Pokemon… I think the name was Charmander?”

“I only played once, and it bored me… Maybe the black and white graphics turned me off.” Aya mused. Raven sighed a little, looking back at her for a moment before explaining it to her with a visual reference as she had a picture of the Faunus’ tail… only this time with a burning flame at the end of it.

“That’s kinda rad.” Aya said, mouth agape.

“Yes, but he still may be getting used to it.” Raven told her, shortly before they heard another outburst from Sun’s room. Only this time, it was Fluttershy.

“Discord, stop using Sun’s tail to roast marshmellows!!!”

“I… Don’t even want to ask…” Aya moaned, trying to recompose herself a little as she looked back at Raven.

“You haven’t met a draconequus before?” The swordswoman then asked, surprised a little. “Uses chaos magic, made up of multiple body parts and sounds like John De Lancie? Well… piece of advice, he can be a bit of a trickster. Just… trust me on this one.”

“The Star Trek actor who played Q?” Aya was surprised. “Huh… Matches.”

“I’m not sure if Q could make chocolate rain down from pink clouds or have anything he wants to appear with a snap of… whatever he has for fingers.” Raven then commented shortly before Aya interrupted her a few moments later. Having something to say after coming off the top of her head as she looked back at the swordswoman.

“Actually, he made an entire planet with a snap of his fingers. Including the inhabitants.” Aya said. “I think… Maybe… A-anyways, go on.” Raven herself would continue to explain everything to her, if it weren’t for two things. One, the fact that a black leather jacket just happened to spontaneously appear on Aya. Two, the unexpected… guest that was right behind the blond haired woman at the time.

“Why don’t you ask him yourself…” Raven smiled, looking behind Aya to see Discord standing nearby and pointing in his direction, even though he was trying to hold up a finger and tell Raven to not let Aya know that he was there.

“He’s behind me, isn’t he…?” Aya growled. “You try to mess with me, I’ll mess you up so bad that there won’t be enough of you to bury. I’ve danced with demons, so don’t think I won’t mess your face up more than it already is.”

“Aww… And I just wanted to have your appearance look a little more PG…” The draconequus chuckled as Aya turned around to see him.

“My clothes were torn on the way here… I didn’t have much of a choice.” Aya grumbled.

“Funny you say that… I was just originally coming here to check on Sun and make smores, only to hear you girls gossip about me.” He replied back, looking back at Aya. “Oh, and you might want to check your pistols… I did one other thing besides give you a jacket.” Aya pulled out her pistol and examined it. When she pulled the trigger, all that came out was a stick and a red flag with the word ‘BANG!’ on the front of it like it was a fake pistol the Joker would use against Batman.

“You know, I don’t need my gun to hurt you…” Aya threatened.

“And I was just trying to have a little bit of fun.” Discord replied, snapping his fingers as the flag disappeared. “Congratulations on being a grandmother now. You’ll be really happy to help raise a little faunus.”

“Alright…” Aya said, hesitantly holstering her gun, as she feared it might go off due to his power. She then walked back into Sun’s room to check on him and Fluttershy for a moment. “So, how are you feeling-? What’s that girl doing outside the window?” Aya pointed to the window, where Penny was hanging upside down while waving and saying something, though it was muted by the window.

“Does she have orange hair?” Sun asked, watching his mother nod for a moment. “In that case, you’ve officially met Penny.”

“I’m not gonna lie, she’s kinda adorable.” Aya said, waving back to Penny. Causing Sun to raise an eyebrow for a moment as he looked back at her. Surprised to hear her say that, even though she had no idea what Penny was actually capable of as both he and Fluttershy looked back at her for a moment.

“You do realize that she’s not necessarily a normal girl, right?” He asked her, partially confusing Aya for a moment in the process as the Faunus sighed and began to explain. “She’s an android.”

“Wow, who made her?” Aya asked, raising an eyebrow. The faunus was going to clarify a little on that, but that was when his marefriend decided to step in.

“Actually… that’s what she was displaced as.” Fluttershy then spoke up, looking at Sun. “Well, according to what Sun told me.”

“... Okay…” Aya said, staring at Penny. “Must be hard… Not feeling anything.”

“Yeah, well… over the course of the time that we’ve had Beacon established, Asphyxious has helped Penny be able to establish her own senses so she can feel normal, even though her body is mostly mechanical.” The faunus explained, noticing the doctor returning to the room as he opened the door and trotted inside. “Oh hey… Sorry about the whole… accidently setting you on fire thing. I’m still trying to get my head around the fact that my tail is now a firestarter.”

“Right…” The stallion commented as he looked back at the clipboard he was holding in his hooves and analyzing the information on it. “Well, from what I can gather on you, Mr. Wukong… Despite what happened to you, your wounds are healing rather quickly. However, I do stress that you should not do anything drastic to where the wounds may open up again. Take a few days for your body to recover first before you attempt any major form of physical activity.” The faunus nodded in response, understanding what the doctor was telling him as he looked back at the stallion. “Originally, I would’ve thought that you needed some form of medication to help with the healing process, but since you’ve been recovering rather quickly, there’s no need for that.”

“So… I can go back to Fluttershy’s cottage now?” Sun then asked, looking at his marefriend and his mom before looking back at the doctor. Whose only reply was a nod of the head as he sighed. “Well, that’s a relief… however, there may be one problem with that…”

“What is it, Sun?” Aya asked, worry in her voice as she looked back at her son.

“I…… don’t have any clothes…” He said, embarrassed a little bit as the faunus looked back at them. “My old ones were torn to shreds after what happened and… well, I rather have something to wear so I can cover my injuries and not feel like I’m naked in the process.”

“Oh, well shouldn’t you have some clothes at the cottage?” Aya questioned, looking back at her son as she folded her arms.

“Yeah, but that’s almost back on the other side of town and-.” The Faunus said, before noticing something that looked like a brown parcel in the room right by where Aya’s feet would be. Something that wasn’t quite there the last time his mother was in the room as he looked back at her. “Why do I have a feeling that Discord decided to leave behind a present?”

“I get a headache just thinking about him…” Aya groaned, while Sun had to point out the package at her feet in order for her to actually notice it. She picked it up and set it on the bed, “There. I’ll wait for you outside.” Nodding his head, Sun got up and began to open the parcel that was there. What he happened to find was a marooned colored jacket with an oriental theme that reminded him of his gauntlets, a pair of black pants with a nimbus cloud on the right leg, a set of shinguards to match his gauntlets and also a small note.

Hey there, Sun. Rarity had this set of clothes waiting for you and wanted to do some sort of dramatic reveal with it, but given the current situation, I thought it would be better if I cut out the middle mare and gave these to you for her. Just wanting to make sure that your recovery is going smoothly… Now, if you excuse me, I have afternoon tea with Cae-Cae and Moony.

-Discord

“Wow… I never expected this at all… going to have to thank Rarity the next time I see her.” Sun commented as he got up and began to put on his new set of clothes. It was only after that he had got them on though that Fluttershy mentioned something that happened to cross his mind.

“Uhh… Does R-rarity even know that Discord was delivering them to you?”


“AGH!!! MY MOST PRIZED WORK HAS BEEN STOLEN!!!! WHO WOULD COMMIT SUCH A HEINOUS CRIME?!! THIS IS THE! WORST! POSSIBLE! THING!!”


“… Maybe? Discord’s more of the ‘ask questions later’ kind of person and puts his mind to whatever he’s thinking about at the time.” The faunus commented as he stretched out his arms and legs while Aya outside was able to get a look at his new clothes. “Hey mom, what do you think of these?”

“Eh… It suits you, but it is a very different look.” Aya said, shrugging. “Though I think you’d say the same if you saw my ‘hero costume’.” That only had both Fluttershy and Sun look at her with puzzled facial expressions before the faunus then spoke up as he looked at her.

“Wait, you have one of those?” He asked, raising an eyebrow for a moment. He honestly expected to hear something like that from Lance instead of Aya as he saw her chuckle a little bit before clearing her throat and beginning to speak.

“Yeah, Elegance made it. She takes after Rarity.” Aya replied, a smirk ever present on her face. “I was told it gives hope to the ponies I save. My teammates were adamant about me being a symbol back home… I was only wearing this because it’s in the wash.” The Faunus himself chuckled a little upon hearing that as he looked back at her and smiled. The last part was definitely something that his mom would say as he went over and gave her a quick hug as they walked out of the hospital together.

“Thanks for being there, mom. I really appreciate it.” He told her as Aya hugged him back while also smiling a little.

“You don’t give me much of a choice but to.” She teased, “You don’t contact me much, and when you do it’s because you’re either hurt or… Well, that’s about it.”

“I’ve just been really busy with a lot of things. Though, since I am in the recovery process now, perhaps we can have the chance to… well… spend some time together.” He suggested to her as they walked to the cottage while Raven also joined up with them too. “Besides, here… there are a lot of other RWBY based Displaced and some are more… rebellious than others.”

“I’m pretty sure Raven could help with them. She’s kinda intimidating.” Aya joked, clasping her hands behind her back. “And I’d like that.”

“Well… I don’t think you’ve had the chance to actually meet Coco for real this time…” Sun told her as he looked back at her. “The last time you two met was in Manehattan and she was completely drunk.”

“Wasn’t that the brunette with the handbag that was a gatling gun?” Raven then asked, only causing Sun to nod his head… until she mentioned one other thing. “Who also happened to be your Ex girlfriend and is the godmother of my grandchild.”

“You mean that girl you dumped back when I was bedridden?” Aya asked, eyes wide with surprise.

“Yeah… When you got hospitalized, I had to drop a lot of things in order to fully devote my time to make sure you were okay. She has forgiven me though for doing it and we still are friends. Though, I was wondering where she might be… Normally if something happens regarding me, she’s the first to know.” The faunus mentioned… shortly before something surprised the four of them.

“Salutations!” Penny called from a tree branch. “Coco sent me!”

“Speak of the Devil, and her servant arrives… That sounded better in my head.” Aya stated. Sun couldn’t agree more as he looked back at the android and greeted her respectfully.

“Hello Penny… How are you doing?” He asked her, trying his best to be polite as she kept on hanging upside down from the tree she was in.

“I’m fine, still hoping Ruby gets better sooner! Ciel’s been keeping me company though!” Penny replied, hanging off of the tree with her feet. This though… surprised Sun. Ruby had already recovered from her fight with Adam a couple of weeks ago, yet the gynoid was thinking that she was somehow still in the hospital. Which was indeed weird since Ruby was not exactly the kind of girl to have herself be stuck in a bed for a long amount of time.

“Penny, Ruby’s no longer at the hospital…” Raven told her as she looked at the gynoid now and was right next to Sun since the subject was now on one of her daughters as the swordswoman spoke up. “She’s been out of the hospital for the last couple of weeks… when was the last time you heard about Ruby?”

“Uh… Three weeks ago… I wanted to visit her, but the nurses said it’d be best for Ruby’s recovery if I was as far away from her as possible, so I left town, but almost ran out of battery so I came back.” Penny said. Aya turned away from Penny, hiding her snicker.

“Well, she’s been out of the hospital for two weeks and last I checked, she and a few others were worried because they thought that you ran away.” The Swordswoman told her as she looked back at the gynoid. “She’s been living with Weiss now at Rarity’s boutique. You might want to see her and let her know you’re okay.”

“Before you do though, do you happen to know where Coco is, Penny?” Sun then asked, waiting for the right time to speak as the gynoid now was looking in his direction.

Penny shook her head out of thoughts that were forming in her head. “Uh, y-yeah! She’s sparring with ABRN. Coco told me to tell you what she was doing when you wake up.” Penny said. “She also has to tell you something.” That made Sun a little bit curious as he looked back at her for a moment and raised an eyebrow as he looked at Aya and Fluttershy.

“Go on, it must be important. We can talk another time.” Aya said, giving Sun an understanding smile.

“Alright. I’ll meet you guys back at the cottage,” He assured them before looking at Penny and realizing something that she had forgotten. “Also Penny, you didn’t really say where Coco actually was.”

“Oh! She’s…” Penny tapped her chin. “Fiddlesticks… I think it was north east of Ponyville. Shouldn’t be hard though, she’s causing some noticeable explosions.” The last part was rather surprising. He hadn’t heard anything like that at all since he woke up, so why exactly would she be trying to have stuff explode? It was something that was on the faunus’ mind, even after he had left Aya and the others to go find her.

Yet, any question that was in his head at the time immediately burst into a puff of smoke the moment she found them… and saw her throwing numerous amounts of dust at ABRN like they were hand grenades. Whenever ABRN tried to get closer, she’s hit them and send them right back where they started.

“You guys suck!” She shouted, tossing a red Dust shard so hard that when it hit Reese’s face, it caused a massive explosion. Coco then checked her Scroll before looking back at them and smirking confidently, “You’re out, Chloris! Go to the bench with Nadir!”

The bluette huffed, before stomping to the side where her teammate sat in shame. Yet, all that did was also make Sun wonder what kind of hellish training bootcamp did he exactly walk into as he approached Coco from behind and tapped her on the shoulder.

Coco jumped, spinning around while holding the Dust that was in her hand in a readied position, before she noticed who it was. “You jerk! I would’ve given you a flaming face to match that tail!”

“It’s good to see you too, Coco.” He sighed, looking back at her before looking to see everyone else behind her as a question formed in his mind. “Penny told me you would be here… yet I did not expect for you to be running a military like boot camp at all. What have you been doing while I was out for the last two days?”

“Training these nerf herders. Bolin and Arslan are fine, but Reese needs some work and Nadir’s as bad as Jaune.” Coco explained to him before looking back at her Scroll. “SSSN, Raven and you weren’t doing jack. Also took care of a Grimm that invaded AJ’s orchard. Thankfully there were only a few trees destroyed.”

“Technically, I was recovering, Raven is running a forge and I think Sage and the others were trying to keep things running at Beacon with me being… absent for the time being. Plus, the doc said that I need a couple days of rest before any major physical activity.”

“Sun, you haven’t trained them at all, and none of your team let CFVY or ABRN help. RWBY’s scrambled, Penny’s combat ready but stays locked up in her house… I think this town’s getting too small for the humans and Faunus around. There’s too much wasted talent with no direction.”

“And you think trying to blow them up is helping at all?” Sun then asked, looking at Nadir and Reese before looking back at Coco. “Are you really trying to train them… or just blow off steam because you can’t make Adam pay for what he did to me?”

Coco didn’t hesitate to slap Sun across his face. “Sun, if you can’t see what this is then leave. Don’t act better than me.”

Sun shook his head as he looked back at him. “I’m sorry. I just think that there are other ways to train them than by throwing dust crystals… Have you tried anything less lethal?” He asked her. “I like what you are doing… I just don’t think we should be sending more people to the hospital, especially since I just got out and Ruby got out a few weeks ago.”

“I’ve been checking their auras!” Coco shouted, frustration clear in her voice. “People keep asking me what to do because you and your team have been taking care of everything by themselves!” She made a valid point with the last statement and it was something that Sun had to admit personally as he looked back at her. Before noticing something nearby and thinking of an idea as he looked at her.

Yet… what the faunus then said to her actually caught her by surprise. “You’re right… I’m sorry for putting you through that. I should’ve done more to help you and I’m sorry for letting you down.”

“It’s not… It’s not your fault. But we do need to figure out what to do about giving these four and the rest something other than sitting on their asses. They need to help, but we’re all so uncoordinated. Add the fact that there’s another one of us we have no idea about hanging out with Penny, and that whole Qrow thing… It’s too much.” Sun could tell she was stressed, and wanted to do his best to try and help her. So looking at her for a moment, he thought of something as the faunus looked back at Coco.

“Why don’t we go back to your place? It seems like you need to take a break… and I can help with that if you like.” He offered to her.

“No, it’s chaos. Weiss invited Ruby to stay with her at Rarity’s place, and Ruby thought it’d be funny to tie my bed to the ceiling… It came loose and Rarity needs to order a new bed, on top of getting Weiss and Ruby a bigger bed.” Coco grumbled. Which, in turn had Sun think of an alternative proposal.

“How about the cottage then?” He then asked. “Aya is probably going to be talking to Fluttershy and Velvet while Raven would be going back to the forge and with the craziness going on at Rarity’s, perhaps we can relax there.”

“Relaxing with my ex, his mom, and his wife… I think I’ll pass.” Coco said with an amused smirk. “Thanks for the offer though. But I did call you here for more than yelling at you.”

“I meant just us, but go on.” Sun sighed as he looked back at her. “Besides, Aya only remembers ‘drunk’ you, not the real you.”

“And I’d be embarrassed knowing that. Look, your mom always kinda scared me, and I think I insulted her while I was… Out of it.” Sun definitely remembered that, recalling back to when he originally found her back in Manehattan several months ago. But now wasn’t quite the time to dwell on that as he shook his head and looked back at her.

“Yeah… changing topics, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?” He then asked out of curiosity. Allowing for Coco to regain her thoughts before telling him.

“Qrow…” Coco said, her voice growing serious.

“Coco, that only happened once… did something else happen while I was out?” Sun then asked as he looked back at her.

“Kinda… I found out where he is.” Coco stated, crossing her arms. “Remember that letter he sent at halloween?” Sun did remember that… and also remembered how Raven overreacted to finding out about it too.

“Did you find out where the letter came from?” Sun then asked out of curiosity.

“Yeah, there was a stamp on the letter. You know those red wax things from medieval movies?” Coco asked. He nodded in response to what she said, waiting for her to get to the main point as she cleared her throat and picked up where she left off. “Well, I asked Twilight about the symbol on it… And apparently it’s a seal from the Griffon Kingdom. Specifically, Griffonstone.”

That had a cold shiver run down his neck as he looked back at Coco. Not as composed as he was before as he looked back at her. Griffonstone was where he ended up upon originally being displaced and the griffons that did find him ended up caging him like an animal. A neglected animal, not giving him any food or water and treating him horribly. “Oh god, not that place.”

“I sent Velvet and Fox there. They contacted me this morning that the entire area was in lockdown, and they even saw what looked like a minefield…” Coco added.

“You sent Velvet!?” He said, looking a little bit horrified by what she had just told him. “Are you kidding me? Coco, do you know why I hate that place?”

“Not in the slightest, but I told her to just examine it from a distance.” Coco explained. “She’s also with Fox. I know what I’m doing.”

“Coco, the griffons that found me locked me up in a cage and treated me like an animal. Not even giving me food or water for a few days. I had to live on scraps before I could finally get out of that hellhole. Not to mention that they were going to auction me off as a slave before I broke out of there and ran the moment I got to Baltimare.” Sun then took a moment to calm down as he looked back at Coco for a moment. “I… just don’t want the same thing to happen to her… I don’t want them to treat her the same way they treated me.”

“Sun… She has Fox. And she knows how to use her weapon. And she was told to check out the city, then come back.” Coco said. “And if you want, I can go there with Yatsuhashi and find Qrow myself.”

“No… I… I’m sorry I over-reacted…” He apologized, looking back at her as the faunus replied. “I just don’t want anyone else getting hurt… whether it’s the White Fang or anyone else… I…”

“You look like you need a day at the spa… Aloe and Lotus have almost mastered massaging bipeds.” The idea had Sun look back at Coco as he thought it over for a moment, before looking back at her and smiling.

“That… actually doesn’t sound like a bad idea… Maybe we can both get one…” He suggested, looking back at her after thinking over the next part in his head. “Together, if you would like.”

“Just remember, you’re engaged.” She teased, stretching her arms before turning to ABRN. “You morons go practice with Yatsuhashi!” She shouted at them, who nodded their heads and took off the moment she gave the order.

“Let’s go. Your treat.” Coco said, smirking. Sun could only nod his head and chuckle a little as the two of them proceeded to go to the Ponyville spa.


“S-so… uh…” Fluttershy stammered while trying to think of something inside her head as she and Aya were having tea back at her cottage. With Raven back at the forge, the pegasus was having the opportunity in order to be able to talk to Sun’s mom. But in turn, this also made it fairly difficult for her to come up with something to talk about. “You mentioned t-that you are a… superhero back where you are?”

“Yeah, well they’re fairly common things. I’m in charge of a team that deal with evolution based monsters for the most part.” Aya replied simply. “We take care of things that authorities can’t handle, too. It’s kinda like a military and superhero team combined, as we have normal ponies helping us when things get hectic.”

“I-i see…” The pegasus replied, looking back at her and thinking of something off of the top of her head. “Does that mean you have powers too? Like Sun’s Semblance?”

“It’s… A lot different. Where I am, powers can have a number of reasons. Mine are a type of… Forced evolution, where I constantly gain new advantages… Part of me is scared that I’ll lose my humanity…” Aya looked at her hand. “Right now, I can do a few things. I can heal myself, generate fire- although very weak, and a few other things. My team have their own powers, such as Posey who can alter plant life, Firefly who can generate radioactive energy, and Surprise who can teleport.”

“W-was Firefly one of the ponies that was with you last time you w-were here?” Fluttershy asked out of curiosity.

“Yes. She was the pink and blue one.” Aya elaborated. “She’s like Rainbow Dash. In fact, my team is almost like you and your friends.”

Fluttershy raised an eyebrow at that. “R-really?”

“There’s a reason for it, but it’s hard to explain…” Aya said. “There’s Twilight Mist, who’s a lot like Twilight Sparkle. Three, who’s like AJ. Glory, who’s like Rariry. Surprise is like Pinkie. Firefly’s like Rainbow. Posey and you are alike. There are others, the sisters Cloudchaser and Flitter are fun, though CC’s a bit… Not dumb, but imaginative. You met Miles, he’s a downer.” Fluttershy honestly did not expect anything like that at all, especially the part when she happened to mention Posey.

“C-can I meet Posey sometime?” She asked Aya, a little bit nervous as to how she thought that and also how Aya would respond.

“She might scare you a bit… She was trying to do something and now she… Well, she looks like you, but without wings and a different Cutie Mark.” Fluttershy nodded in response, still wanting to meet her sometime as she listened to Aya some more. “Uh, have any specific questions?”

“Well… what is the rest of Sun’s f-family like? Does he have any brothers? Sisters? Cousins?” Fluttershy then asked, a little curious as to who else was in Sun’s family.

“He has a bit. His cousin, Lance, you’ve probably met.” Aya replied. “He has an aunt and uncle, though you’d hate to meet them. One’s an expressive… You know, and the other’s a criminal…” Fluttershy gulped at the last part as she almost dropped her tea upon hearing that. But there was something else that she happened to not have mentioned.

“What about siblings?” She asked. “I h-have a brother… He’s a bit lazy and such, but I still love him.”

“W-well… Sun had an older sister, but he’s never met her, and I don’t think he will…” Aya said, looking away nervously. The pegasus was honestly surprised to hear about that, but it was from this statement that a new question appeared in Fluttershy’s mind.

“Does he know that he has a sister?” She asked.

“No… I conceived her when I was too young to raise her, so she was adopted out. There’s nothing I could’ve done, so I keep my mouth shut so Sun isn’t hurt.”

That shocked Fluttershy, almost causing her to snap at Aya as she spoke up. “But he should know! How long have you been keeping this from him, Aya?”

“His entire life… I lost her, and I don’t want Sun to get mad at me or himself. Our family has a habit of blaming ourselves for things we had no involvement or control of.” Aya said calmly.

This in turn had Fluttershy shake her head as she took another sip of her tea. “Not Sun… He wouldn’t blame you for this. He didn’t blame anyone for what happened to him and Coco didn’t blame him for ending their relationship… you should at least give him a chance…”

“I still kept it from him. That alone would make him mad, I mean look at you. I don’t even know how to break it to him…” Aya sighed, slouching in her chair.

“We didn’t know how to break the news to you about Angel, but we still told you.” She replied.

“Remember how I reacted? That was because being a grandmother was something I’ve always wanted to be. That’s positive news… This is finding out your mother had a child before you and never told you…” Aya told her, only sounding more stressed out now that she had told Fluttershy about it.

“Umm…… There there, Twilight-.” The pegasus said, before realizing her mistake. “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to call you that!”

Aya gave Fluttershy a deadpan look. “You know, the in-laws can end up being your waking nightmare…”

“I… i…” She said, almost looking like she was about to break down as Aya could literally see tears forming up in her eyes from that. “I… just wanted t-to feel l-like I’m p-part of the f-f-family… I didn’t mean this…” And now was when the floodgates were about to burst open.

“Geez, I meant it as a dry joke…” Aya groaned. Was she this emotional when she had Sun? “It wasn’t very nice of me, I admit… At least you didn’t have to bear with my husband…” Fluttershy wiped the tears away for a moment as she looked back at Aya, hugging her with her hooves as well as her wings in response.

“F-Fluttershy… What a-are you doing?” Aya asked, bewildered by the pegasis actions.

“T-thank you…” She spoke, before looking back at Aya as her eyes were back to normal. “I’m a r-really lucky mare to be with your son…” That was before she felt something and looked down at her belly before giggling a little as she looked back at Aya.

“She acting up?” Aya asked teasingly.

“Nope… just kicked a little.” Fluttershy chuckled, looking back at Aya for a moment. “You can feel her if you want.”

“I… I’m good…” Aya replied. Fluttershy smiled a little, looking back at her for a moment and then saying something that caught her attention.

“Well… when she’s born, Angel might be a bit of a handful at first… especially with being a pegasus faunus.”

“Angel? That’s a pretty name.” Aya remarked. “Oh, what’s a faunus? Discord said something about that…”

“Sun didn’t tell you?” Fluttershy asked, surprised to hear that as she saw Aya shake her head. “Well, from what Sun told me, Faunus are human with animal traits… like how he has his tail or how Velvet has rabbit ears… and from what the doctor told us, Angel is going to have wings.”

“Well… I don’t know how to react to that… I guess it’s a… thing?”

“Pretty much… One of our friends has cat ears.” Fluttershy replied back before hearing the door open as she noticed something. “O-oh… Sun, you’re back. I-i didn’t expect Coco to b-be with you though…”

“Hi Shy… We just got done at the Spa. Coco suggested it since she thought that it might help us relieve some stress.” The monkey faunus replied.

“Ugh… You owe me big time…” Coco grunted, rotating her arm in a circular motion. “Who lets a hyperactive steroid stallion operate at a spa!?”

“Hey, I treated us and you were the one who said that you wished for your massage to be more firm.” Sun deadpanned.

“A little… That guy broke a wall and carried me between his biceps!” Coco hissed. “The moment I said I wanted mine firmer than your he busted through the wall… I’m strong, but I’m still not rough without my aura… At least he got the knot out of my back…”

“To be fair… Aloe hates it when he does that.” The faunus mentioned that to her, sighing for a moment before looking back at Aya. “So, did you two have a good time at the cottage?” Fluttershy nodded her head and also looked to Aya, who did the same before she turned to look at Coco.

“Want to insult me again?” Aya asked dryly, and Coco paled.

“N-no…”

“Mom, she’s not drunk…” Sun deadpanned, really tempted to facepalm himself if Aya was going to have things escalate.

“Didn’t you call me little boob lady or something…?” Aya asked.

“I’m sorry!” Coco shouted.

“Can’t take a little teasing… Not a keeper.” Aya teased. Now was the appropriate time for Sun to facepalm himself as he looked back at his mother and groaned a small bit as he looked back at her. What happened in Manehattan while Coco was wasted was not exactly her… most finest moment and it was also something that wasn’t exactly a good thing to bring up in a conversation.

“Mom, was that really necessary? She was trying to apologize to you.”

“And I thought you were the monkey in the fa-” Coco started, but when she saw Aya’s dark look she stopped. “Nothing…”

Aya groaned, looking back at her son as she spoke up. “Sun, let your mother have her fun. Please. I don’t hold anything against her.”

That… surprised him and Fluttershy personally as he looked back at her. “You… don’t?” He asked, finding this a little bit hard to believe at first.

“I got stuck in an asylum for a day. Being called a name is childsplay.” Aya shrugged it off. “Well, I don’t have much time here. I’m glad you’re okay, Sun.”

“Thanks… it always seems like somehow we get ourselves in nasty situations. Hell, don’t even ask about what happened when I first ended up here.” He sighed, looking back at everyone before going upstairs… and noticing something. “Coco… where did you get the dust you were using for your training earlier? Because half of the box of Raven’s dust crystal supply here is missing.”

“Uh… I swear I found them in the Everfree!” Coco replied, alarmed. Personally though, Sun was buying it. Enough shenanigans had already happened and now, he just needed some rest.


Ponyville Forge

When Raven returned to her forge, she felt a pair of eyes on her from a dark corner as she set her weapons down for a moment. “I don’t remember opening for business just yet…” She grit her teeth, motioning one of her hands to the grip of her blade as she turned to see a presence in the back of the workshop. “State your business… or else.”

“Or else what? You’ll kill me?” A familiar voice that was feminine in nature replied. One that Raven remembered as the figure happen to move a little as some of the light from outside shined on the person in the room.

“Glynda… it’s unlike you to come to me unannounced…” Raven responded, setting the weapon down as she turned to face her. “How long has it been since I last saw you? A century or so?”

“Something like that. I see you’ve taken up a family…” Glynda stated coldly, her frown clear as day. “Not the wisest thing to do with your lifespan.”

“Wonderful… you’ve come to mock my life choices…” Raven groaned as the swordswoman happened to pull something from a nearby drawer as she tossed it in Glynda’s direction. “The letter from Qrow didn’t help any.”

“With what? How, or why, would Qrow help you with a letter?” Glynda asked cynically. “And if I mocked Qrow all this time, you’d be no exception.”

“I’m not like him,” She growled in response. “I’m not someone who’s always drunk off their ass and goes around without a care in the world…… However, there was one thing he was right about… and only one thing.”

“I recall him saying you needing a hug…” Glynda said, a small smirk coming to her face.

“That’s not what I mean and you know it… Back then, I was headstrong… unaware of the consequences that came with my choices… not anymore,” The Swordswoman replied. “The only thing he was right about… was Adam.”

“I remember… Qrow being happy… And cheerful… You’ve both changed.” Glynda stated. “He waited for you… To forgive him and let him back.”

“I forgive him yes…” Raven then replied before looking at him. “But I want to hear it from him on his own. Not the drunk him… but the real him… because now… I want Adam dead. He’s become a monster… and needs to be stopped.”

“And what do you think Qrow thinks of you?” Glynda asked. “The sister who threw him out, who never came to help him in his darkest moments… The one who let him become a monster himself…?”

“We’ve all made our mistakes… I’ll be willing to listen to him… if he’s willing to listen to me.” She said before saying something else. “And tell him… that his nieces are here too.”

Glynda stared at Raven for a moment, before sighing. “Qrow would rather kill you than listen, Raven… He’s not the man you knew...” That had her pause for a moment, before looking back at her and sighing for a moment as she decided to ask a different question to Glynda.

“Why was he in Manehattan?” She asked, catching Glynda by surprise with the question as Raven took a deep breath. “You’ve seen Sun, am I right? Monkey Faunus? Well, he told me that the last time he was in Manehattan, he had an encounter with my brother and saved him before running off. So, on that note, why was he in Manehattan?”

“He said he was staying there to settle a score. I’m pretty sure he was hunting a White Fang base… And by the look of him when he returned…” Glynda’s eyes fogged over. “I’ve already told you, he’s become a monster…”

Raven sighed, looking back at Glynda for a moment as she thought that over… then spoke up. “I thank you for telling me… I’ve made mistakes and I’m now seeing what it’s lead too… I’m just glad that you haven’t changed.”

“I… I’ve lost a part of myself…” Glynda said in a near whisper.

“We all have in some way,” Raven replied, hearing what Glynda said. “Some more than others… despite what he’s done before and what he’s done now… Qrow is still my brother. I want to help him… if he is willing to let me.” She then went over to the fridge in the back of the room and then got herself some water as she looked back at her friend. “While you’re here, would you like a drink?”

“No thank you… I need to leave anyways. I’ve recently gained responsibilities because I returned something…” Glynda said, walking to the door. “Be patient with him… He’s formed a centuries worth of a shell, and he barely lets me in… And sorry about your Dust, I’ll refund you.”

“I will… and don’t worry about it. I’m sure someone put it to good use…” She smiled, taking a small drink before thinking of something. “Hold on… how much dust did you took?”

“... I didn’t say.” Glynda said, before quickly exiting. Causing Raven to sigh as she looked at an old photograph that was on a nearby windowsill.

One of her, Qrow and Glynda… while the fourth person in the photo was torn off.


End Tail 29

PreviousChapters Next