• Published 4th Jun 2015
  • 2,207 Views, 21 Comments

Notice Me - GameAct3



Twilight tries to figure out love. Rainbow Dash tries to get Twilight to love her.

  • ...
7
 21
 2,207

Chapter 2

Notice Me
Chapter 2

Stupid. Defined as slow of mind, given to unintelligent decisions or acts, according to the dictionary. It was also Rainbow Dash’s currently favorite word as she repeated it over and over, each saying being emphasized by the pounding of her skull against a tree.

“…stupid, stupid, stupid…”, Rainbow had been at itfor 3 minutes after leaving the library and completely screwing up her latest shot at trying to win her Twilight over. After the 73rd head pound… 78th?… lost count, Dash stopped and just leaned her back against the tree. Burying her head in her forehooves, trying to keep the tears forming in her eyes from escaping, and having some success, Rainbow just sat there as she scolded her self out loud, “Come on Rainbow! You're such a foal! How are you getting worked up over something that should be easy? All you have to do is say, ‘Hey Twilight, I really like you. Wanna be with me?’ How bucking hard is it to do that?”

Truth is, she did know why it was hard. It was the Young Fliers Competition all over again, but smaller yet a bigger scare in her head. Dash was afraid of rejection, of being humiliated, not only herself, but even Twilight. Every negative outcome seemed to explode in her head as she went over the scenario. Twilight outright says no, is disgusted by Dash for even suggesting such a thing, doesn't want to be her friend anymore. Friends… how would they even feel? Look at her weird, be uncomfortable around her, call her a freak. Even the town, ponies that looked up to and respected her, even Scootaloo, would throw her out of town, tar and feather her, with her own feathers. Even the Princesses would see to it that she was banished from Equestria, no, the world itself…

SMACK! Some part of her mind, the one that still had a hold of reality, was able to control Dash’s hoof and knocked some sense to her. All the absurd thinking finally disappeared and was replaced with logical thoughts. Twilight wouldn't be disgusted with her, and she wouldn't let something as a friend asking to be with her break their friendship. Even her other friends wouldn't be that shallow and would support her no matter what. As for the town, they were all find with same gender relations. There were already a few couples living in Ponyville, even married. Rainbow had herd that a rumor was going around that she was a fillyfooler, but no pony seemed bat an eye. Now that she thought about it, Scootaloo seemed to be more clingy to her than normal.

Anyway, all her worries were just nothing. So what was the problem? The rejection was still something Rainbow dreaded. Even if Twilight let her down in the nicest and gentlest way, she still felt that any rejection from her crush would be world ending to the pegasus. Which is why she resorted to impressing and trying to get Twilight to come to her, for her to ask and to give Rainbow the assurance that she would accept her love, no rejection, no fears, no embarrassment. “Why won't you notice me Twilight?”

“HEY RAINBOW DASH!” The shriek of the local party pony and one of Rainbow’s friends, Pinkie Pie, rang into the pegasus’s ear. The sudden surprise sent Rainbow shooting into the air, grabbing onto a branch like a cat, even her mane, tail and coat stood up on all ends like a cat’s did when startled. “Everything work out with you and Twilight?” Asked the pink pony. Rainbow’s sudden shock slowly went to normal as she hovered herself back down to the ground.

“Pinkie…”

“Did you finally proclaim your undying love to her in the most loving and romantic way?”

“Pinkie…”

“Are you guys marefriends? You gonna get married? Ooooo, I need to start make plans for a reception! You two gonnagetaplacetogetherandliveforeverandeverandgonnahavefoalstogetherandtheauthorwillmakeasquelandillbeauntypinkieand…”

A cyan hoof went into her mouth, “PINKIE!” Catching the hint that Rainbow needed to talk, Pinkie nodded to let her have the floor, hoof still in her mouth. Rainbow takes a deep sigh, “No, I didn't ask her.”

Rainbow was glad to have Pinkie as a friend and somepony to turn to to help her with venting her feelings, especially the feelings about Twilight. Of course, Rainbow had never told anypony about her secret crush, not even to Pinkie, initially. Somehow, she found out about it though her ‘Pinkie Sense’ and now has been Dash’s helper since. It was also thanks to Pinkie that Dash could say her friends would accept her no matter what.

Rainbow removed her hoof from the party pony’s oral cavity to let her speak now. “But did she ask you?” Rainbow just shook her head. Pinkie wore a concerned frown fro her friend, “What happened Dashie?”

Rainbow took another deep breath, “I screwed up Pinkie. I thought I could work up the courage to say anything remotely close to asking Twi for her heart…”

She continued talking about her failed plan. She'd do a few tricks nearby the library to gain the confidence, and catch a few glimpses of the purple alicorn. After she was ready, she would go into the library, though the front door, and would have greeted her love properly. The two would chat about normal stuff, get into a comfortable setting, then lead into the talk about the books they were reading, even get into friendly debates about the stories. Then would start bringing up romance novels and hinting a bit at how Twilight is attractive. Long story short, Dash would ask her to dinner and they would live happily ever after.

Then came the what happened instead. Pinkie went from a d’awwww expression to one of pain. The sound of Dash’s plan was the most perfect, romantic, and even realistic, she had ever herd. But when she herd about the unfortunate event that ruined Dash’s attempt, she couldn't help but feel pain for the pegasus. Though, an artificial wind making machine she was messing with earlier came to mind, but didn't mention it.

Instead, the embodiment of the Element of Laughter embraced her grieving friend in a comforting hug, stoking her mane. “It's ok Dashie. There's always next time.”

Rainbow calmed down a bit, but came out of the embrace to look at her friend, “That's the problem Pinkie, it's always next time. But no matter what I do, I end up choking when I'm near her and want to tell her that I like her. Even trying to get her to notice me seems impossible. It was bad enough when she was a unicorn, but now that she's an alicorn and has those wings,” ‘those beautiful, gorgeous, perfect wings’, her thoughts plagued her with, “and she's a princess. She's has more work and more responsibility now than she ever did. And I want to help her…” her voice dropped a bit a that last part, thoughts of an over worked Twilight made her heart drop.

Pinkie Pie thought about the whole thing. Suddenly, a light bulb flashed over her head, actually it was a firefly. Pinkie got an idea, and the evil genius smirk she was wearing made Rainbow raise an eyebrow. “You ok Pinkie?” Rainbow asked.

“Dash, do you want my help?”

Rainbow gained a confused look, “Huh?”

“I have an idea on how to get you and Twilight together. But I need to hear you say that you want my help, cause when you do, you must listen to every word I say and follow my instructions to the letter, or you'll lose the future Mrs. Twilight Sparkle-Dash forever.”

Rainbow bit her lip. She didn't know what Pinkie was planning and was afraid to risk it. But she had exhausted all her options she had up to now, and anything the pink mare had couldn't be as bad as today.

“Ok. Pinkie will you help me get Twilight to like me, please?”

Suddenly, Pinkie was side by side with her, the earth pony’s cheek pressed up against her’s. “I thought you would never ask.” Pinkie struck a pose while her hoof was wrapped around Dash’s neck, almost suffocating her. “No time to waste Dashie! Operation TwiDash is a go!”

Before anyone could say Sonic Rainboom, Pinkie and Dash sped off in a flash


Heh… rhymes.


At the library, Twilight had finished her dinner and was crawling back into bed. It was getting late as Celestia had already lowered her sun to allow Luna’s beautiful moon to shine on all the ponies. The evening pretty much went nice as it had been for a while. Well save for the accident that Rainbow caused earlier. Still though, it's not like she blew up the library.

As the subject of Dash came back into her mind, Twilight was reminded of the evening’s topic: love. The alicorn laid there, staring up at the ceiling, trying to focus on just on thing. But when ever she thought about love, romance, and flirting, Rainbow would somehow sneak into her mind. And when ever she thought about wings, flying, even the Wonderbolts seemed to conjure up a hint of love, as long it was connected to Rainbow Dash.

“Ugh, stupid mind. Think straight for once.” Her brain wouldn't listen. “Ok fine. If you want to get into the topic, then let's talk about why Dash wouldn't be interested in me.” Immediately, she began listing off the things about her that would have the pegasus be disinterested in her. For one, Twilight wasn't naturally beautiful, even if she was an alicorn. There would be days where she would accidentally see Celestia after she had been sleeping. It was never a pretty sight. Another thing was that Twilight wasn't athletic, period. Sure she did the Running of the Leaves, but it wasn't like she was trying to race or to win. Dash would probably want somepony who could keep up with her, who could do all the things she could, and they would have something in common.

“Basically, I'm just her friend, and wouldn't want to go so far as to call me her…” The last word hung in the air as a sharp strike to her heart made her gasp, and a lone tear fall from her eye, “…her marefriend.” Twilight finished. She hoped that nothing was wrong with her. A quick medical spell said that she was healthy, but should lay off the Carmel oak cookies for a while.

Figuring to just leave the thought and topics about Love and Rainbow for another day, Twilight shifted to a comfortable position to sleep. As soon as she was good, her eyes closed and sleep took her from the real world to the dream world…