• Published 4th Jun 2015
  • 2,208 Views, 21 Comments

Notice Me - GameAct3



Twilight tries to figure out love. Rainbow Dash tries to get Twilight to love her.

  • ...
7
 21
 2,208

Chapter 4

Notice Me

Chapter 4

Twilight sat at the kitchen table, a spoon swirling around by her magical grip in her coffee. Celestia had just risen the sun about an hour ago, but she had been up for three. The whole thought of last night kept repaying over and over and over. And she didn't want it to go away. She loved the fantasy, her fantasy, of a perfect world, “It’s only perfect cause she's there.” Twilight mumbled to the empty room. Since Spike would be gone for a week to the Crystal Empire, she was getting used to talking to herself like a crazy mare.

No matter hard she tried, Rainbow Dash wouldn't leave her every waking though. Even at night when she tried to sleep and ended up dreaming that she and Dash lived out in the country, sipping lemon ice tea and cuddling on the front porch. The thing that woke her was a foal crying and Dream Dash saying ‘She’d get it.’ That dream made her happy, but also scared and saddened her. The whole idea of Rainbow not sharing what she felt came back, every single time. Whenever she thought about being with her, those thoughts would cloud and cover her happiness with fear, pain, and shame. How would she ever get Rainbow to notice her?

A knock soon was herd from the front door, making Twilight jump. Half her mind thought it was Rainbow, here to sweep her off her hooves and to fly off to Celestia knows where. But reality anchored her back to remember that this was a library and ponies do use the place to get information. Twilight set her spoon down, got up from the table and moved to the door. After a bit of time unlocking the door, being she added the magical mechanic for added protection, she opened the door to see two of her friends standing on the other side. Rarity and Fluttershy.

“Twilight! I'm sorry darling, did we wake you?” Asked the shocked fashionista. Twilight looked for a mirror and her appearance even surprised her. Her mane was still messed up from sleep, and her eyes were red and had little bags.

"No, I've been up for a while… thinking.” Both the unicorn and pegasus looked at each other, then back to their friend.

“Um… should we… come back… if that's alright with you…” Fluttershy practically whispered. At least both her magic using friends were able to enchant their hearing to understand what she was saying.

“Oh! No, it's ok. Come in, I'll just touch up in the bathroom.” The two ponies walked in and made themselves comfortable, while Twilight went into the library’s public restroom. After a quick swipes with her magic on her mane and to hide the features of tiredness, and possibly dried tears, from her face. Satisfied, she left the restroom and made her way back to the main room. Her friends were seated, waiting patiently for her to return. They're eyes looked up from their conversation and soften when the normal Twilight returned. “So girls… what do I owe the pleasure?”

“Ah yes. Again, we’re terribly sorry for disturbing you at this hour,” Twilight raised a hoof toward Rarity, indicating that the interruption of her day was no problem, “but we were wondering if you'd like to join us for our spa day today?”

“Um… isn't it too early for the spa?” Ask Twilight.

“Yes, we have knowledge of this. But Fluttershy and I wanted to ask our dear friends if they wanted to meet up later.”

“But, isn't this spa day thing what you both do together?”

“Oh, yes…” Fluttershy spoke up, “but we sometimes ask others if they wish to join once in a while… if they want to… that is”

“Oh, well, thank you for the offer girls, but…”

"Take your time in thinking about it darling. We’ll be there at noon. But if you can't make it, then it's no hard feelings.”

Twilight thought about it. Maybe an afternoon at the spa would help get her mind off of Rainbow, or, at least, help her look at her situation in a more logical and fresh manner. She turned and looked at her two guests and nodded, “Alright, I'll go.”

"Wonderful!" Rarity exclaimed, “Just head to the spa and we’ll meet you there at noon.” Rarity got off her seat and Fluttershy followed, “Sorry to chat and run, but we need to get back.” Fluttershy nodded.

“I understand, I'll see you girls later.”

After saying their goodbyes, Rarity and Fluttershy took their leave out of the library.

The rest of the morning went by without incident. And surprisingly, the thought of Rainbow never surfaced. Instead, relaxing in the spa was the only thing she could think of. Some part of her mind wanted to do nothing but be enveloped in that multicolored maned, flying pony. But having an afternoon of pampering could really be what she needed, and anything about the cyan pegasus could wait.

Before she knew it, noon came sooner than expected. Twilight trotted down the road, taking in the nice day that was upon her and the residents of Ponyville. Nothing could spoil today. Soon, she came to the place where the town’s local spa ponies, Aloe and Lotus Blossom, do their profession; to have ponies relax and be care free for a time. Outside stood Rarity and Fluttershy, exchanging some gossip. When her two friends saw her, they quickly dispelled their conversation, and began to wave Twilight over.

“Good afternoon Twilight! Did your morning fair a bit better?” Asked Rarity.

“Yes it did. The thought of a spa treatment really brightened my mood. Are the others coming?” Asked Twilight, having a conflict going on in the back of her mind on weather or not she wanted to see Rainbow show up.

“Um… we asked all of our friends… Um…” Fluttershy struggled to form the sentence to make it not sound like their friends weren't total snobs, though none of them were around. Thankfully, Rarity was there to help her.

“They may show up. I think somepony already had shown up and is just waiting inside.”

“Oh, do you know who?” The two shrugged. “Well, I guess we shouldn't keep them long.”

All of them nodded in agreement. Since she was an invited guest, Rarity and Fluttershy allowed Twilight to go in ahead of them. The sweet aroma of the spa hit Twilight like a train, making feel relaxed and in bliss already. The atmosphere was made to calm ponies and to give them a safe environment to just let their guard down. Even the sound of running water like it was a stream had a calm feel, though most of the time it just made Twilight have to go pee more but that's neither here nor there.

As she scanned the waiting room, the whole room seemed vacant, being that it was sill a working day and most ponies would be there later. The only other pony besides her was another mare, sitting in a chair, looking like she was reading a magazine before looking up at who entered. As soon as her brain caught up, things for Twilight went blank as she recognized the other mare a split second later.

So much for a relaxing day.

———————

‘Go to the spa’ they said. ‘It would be relaxing’ they said. How did Rainbow Dash, the biggest Tomcolt this side of the Applaoosion Mountains, get convinced to go to the spa with Rarity and Fluttershy? The remembrance of that morning came flooding back. After Pinkie’s wild, Get-Twilight-And-Rainbow-Togther, plan was explain in full, and painful, detail, it was already too late for Dash to leave and was exhausted, which she learned a long time ago was one of the worst combinations for a pegasus. Pinkie insisted that she stayed over, and hesitantly did.

Upon waking up, Rarity and Fluttershy had stopped by Sugar Cube Corner to ask Pinkie if she wanted to go to join them for their spa day. Of course Pinkie wanted to, but had too much work at the bake store and watching the cake twins. That’s when the party mare threw Dash into the crossfire. After some convincing, Rainbow agreed to go. The day’s weather schedule was the same as yesterday so there wasn't much to do for work, and Tank was fed and checked up on. She couldn't wait to hang out with him during their first winter together.

Rainbow made it to the spa a half an hour before noon. Of course Fluttershy and Rarity weren't there yet, so she just decided to hang out in the building. That's when she remembered why she disliked the spa. The smell of the place made her head hurt and stomach sick, the atmosphere felt boring and didn't do anything to calm her, and the sound of running water just made her want to pee.

She contemplated on just leaving, tell the girls that something came up and wasn't able to make it. But she remembered that Pinkie made her Pinkie Promise to go, and Dash didn't want to face Pinkie’s wrath. Rainbow just decided to sit down and just read a magazine till her two friends showed. The magazine wasn't very appealing to her but it helped to pass the time, also sitting helped hold her bladder at bay.

Soon, the bell hanging above the door rang. Rainbow was half asleep when it chimed. When she looked up from the magazine to the pony that entered, it felt like all the color of her mane and tail drained away, her throat became dry, and she couldn't feel her bladder anymore. Standing before her was the most gorgeous mare ever to walk the face of the planet.

—————

Both Rainbow and Twilight sat and stood frozen in their place respectfully. To the average pony who may had just walked in and saw them, they never showed their emotion, just blank, little surprised, faces. On the inside, both of them were scrambling in panic thought. Neither thought that the other would be there, nor were they prepared. Twilight still was coming terms with, what she considered, was a school crush. Rainbow Dash wanted to give it some time before seeing Twilight again and trying to attempt to win her love, not the next freaken day.


"Oh! Rainbow Dash. I didn't think you'd accept our offer." Rarity spoke up, breaking both mares out of their mental blockage.

"Oh… yeah. Well, things have been stressful, and I decided to… ya know… relax," Rainbow tried to act like the whole thing wasn't a big deal… only Fluttershy could tell something was up with her, but remained silent.

"Well, I'm glad that you both could join us. Was there something you both wanted to do?"

Twilight and Rainbow Dash said 'hot tub' at the same time, making them both look at each other, little blushes showing on their cheeks. After a little agreement on what they would do, each mare went to their respected treatments. The jacuzzi room was full of steam and very humid that it could have doubled as a sauna. Rainbow and Twilight were the only ponies there, which was a bittersweet feeling in both their minds.

After getting into the tub and getting used to the water, both mares just sat there in awkward silence. Neither looked like they were enjoying the warm liquid or relax. In fact, they both looked more tense then before. Eye contact wasn't an option, and when they tried, they'd end up looking at anything else a split second later. The tension between the mares felt thicker than the steam itself, and was driving them both mad in their minds.


"So…" Twilight spoke up, trying to break the ice. This made Rainbow relax in her mind finally, or was it her bladder, she couldn't tell. "You get home safe last night?"

Rainbow just shrugged, which she mentally smacked herself for doing like Twilight was anyother pony, "I was on my way home, but Pinkie need my help and that took all night. So I stayed with her."

"Oh…" Twilight responded with a hint of jealousy mixed in, that went unnoticed by Rainbow, "what was the problem?"

You not noticing me. Rainbow thought. "She was trying a new recipe that involved chocolate, honey, and raisin covered asparagus. Let's just say, I'm staying away from asparagus for a while." The two mares giggled at that. The two mares sat in the water, silence deafening the room once again.

One minute of not talking later, Twilight decided to ask one question she'd been wanting an answer to, "Rainbow?" The cyan pegasus's ears perked up, "Remember back when there was that rumor going around that ponies thought you were a fillyfooler?" Rainbow winced at the memory, the scars still fresh in her mind, Twilight noticed this, "I mean, you don't have to answer it!"

Rainbow took a deep breath, it was something she had to face, considering the fact that she secretly was a fillyfooler and in love with Twilight. "No, no. It's fine. Go ahead and ask. I'm a big filly."

Twilight hesitated but started again, "You told everypony that it was false and that you were not homosexual. Was that true?"

No! No! It was false! I am a fillyfooler! I love mares Twilight! And I love you! Please notice me Twilight! "The truth is… I don't know." You're pethetic.

"You don't know? What do you mean?"

"I mean, I don't know what I like yet. With everything going on, my life, the weather, getting into the Wonder Bolts, I've just never thought about loving anypony in that sense."

"So why the rumor?"

"It's kind of hard to imagine, but it's a common racial stereotype that pegasuses are gay."

Twilight gasped, "Rainbow! I'm so sorry. I didn't know…"

Dash placed a hoof on the alicorn's own and gave her a warm smile, "It's ok Egghead. Being that you're from Cantorlot you wouldn't have herd such a racist remark. It's usually in small towns and villages, like Ponyville."

It took a while for Twilight to process what Dash said. Then it clicked, "You were discriminated in Ponyville!?" Shock and anger started to brew in the pit of her stomach.

Rainbow shook her head, "No, it wasn't like that. It was a thought ponies had of me when I first arrived here, mostly cause I stayed with Fluttershy when I was getting started here. Some ponies still have the idea that Shy and I occasionally 'see' one another when we hang out."

"But, I remember after I got here that you announced to the entire town that you weren't a lesbian. Why did you say that?"

Dash took another deep breath, "When I first herd about it, I just tried to ignore what ponies were saying. It wasn't like what they were saying was a bad, same sex relationships were just as common as they are now in Ponyville. It just got so annoying. What was really the last straw was when Derpy was delivering me a package and some random pony said, 'you two look like a cute couple.'"

"But isn't Derpy married to Doctor Whooves and they both have a child?"

Rainbow nodded, "What really got me mad was that Derpy ran off crying, since she's more sensitive about this. That's when I had to make everypony know that not all pegasi are not gay." The thought of what Rainbow did came back to both mares, but they quickly dispelled the thought, as it wasn't something they both wanted to relive. "So you see Twilight, as far as an intimate relationship is concerned, I'm still really deciding on which team I want to play for." Twilight sat back, surprised that she was on the edge of her seat, and took in everything that Rainbow said. She was still questioning her sexuality, but the whole rumor incident made finding what Dash really wanted harder then what it should have been. This disappointed Twilight, but also gave her hope. Hope in that maybe Dash would be interested in mares, and possibly, her. "Twilight?"

Her mental thought broke back to reality at the sound of Dash's voice, "Yes Rainbow?"

Rainbow took one deeper breath. This was her chance. Celestia be damned if another perfect oppritunity wasn't going to present itself again, and she would quit being a foal and just admit how she felt. She was ready… was, if not for a loud, shrilling voice that that almost made both mare's jump out of their coats and turn pale white didn't come blasting into the room, "RAIIINBOW DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The sugar blooded, pink party pony commonly referred to as Pinkie Pie barged into the room screaming at the top of her lungs for Rainbow Dash. Pinkie looked around when she found who she was looking for, along with Twilight Sparkle, who both looked like Opal Essence when she gets scared, hooves dug into the ceiling and all. "Oh, there you are Dashie. Hi Twilight, fancy meeting you here." Pinkie said nonchalant.

All Rainbow and Twilight could do was glare daggers at their energetic friend. After a few seconds to calm down, and some of their color to return, Dash landed in front of Pinkie, still irritated for ruining the moment, "What… do… you… need… Pinkie…?" She asked through gritted teeth.

"Oh! I'm sorry for disturbing your guy's spa day, but Pound Cake got into some extra surgery candy canes and is zipping all through Ponyville. He's going so fast that even I can't catch him. Can you help me Dash? Please?" Putting on puppy dog eyes.

Dash rolled her own eyes, but gave in anyway, "Fine," she sighed, "I'll be right there." Pinkie smiled gleefully and bounced out. Dash turned her attention back to Twilight, who had a weird look on her, "Sorry about this Twi, I'll pay for this on my way out. I'll talk with ya some other time."

"Yeah…" eye twitch, "some other time." Hoof shaking. Rainbow turned back around and flew after the pink mare. Twilight, now alone in the jacuzzi, started to break down. If she doubted her interest in Rainbow Dash now, then she'd be lying. Rainbow was the pony she wanted, it was clear to her. Only now she wondered… did Rainbow Dash want her?

Outside the spa, Pinkie waited for Rainbow to get there. The cyan pegasus came out, looking like she was about to strangle her friend, "What the bucking hay is wrong with you Pinkie Pie!? I was just about to ask Twilight if she was interested in me! Or, I don't know, NOTICED ME!"

Pinkie kept her cool and became serious, "Dash, this isn't the part of the plan where you reveal your love to her."

Rainbow was taken back, "You can't be serious."

"I am serious. The author already said I was. Look, the plan I have is fool proof. It'll take time but will be worth it in the long run. Just trust me Dashie."

Rainbow didn't know what to think. On one hoof, Pinkie is a crazy pony who will ruin everything that she worked for in order to be with Twilight. But on a greater hoof, she has never let her down and, even though crazy, her ideas, thoughts and plans do come together and turn out good in the long run. Instead of a futile argue, Dash just relaxed and nodded. She trusted Pinkie.

"Okie dookie!" Pinkie said happily, "Now we have to hurry, or will never catch him" Rainbow gave her a confused look, "What? I wasn't lying when I said we needed to catch Pound Cake." Just as she said his name, a small, beige and brown pegasus foal zipped right by them and was about to Sweet Apple Achers already. Thus, the chase was on.