• Published 4th Jun 2015
  • 2,207 Views, 21 Comments

Notice Me - GameAct3



Twilight tries to figure out love. Rainbow Dash tries to get Twilight to love her.

  • ...
7
 21
 2,207

Chapter 1

Notice Me
Chapter 1

Quiet. Just how a library was supposed to be. Quiet. Twilight loved it when it was quiet in any library, not just so she could study and read, but because it was a global rule among all libraries. And Golden Oaks Library of Ponyville was no exception. Though, this silence amongst the library was due to the fact that no pony was taking advantage of said house of learning, except for the alicorn librarian.

Twilight Sparkle laid in her bed, taking a deep, relaxing sigh as the book floating in front of her turned the page by her will with the help of her magic. The whole week had been uneventful and didn't require a lot of work from her and her friends, save a trip or two to Canterlot for “official” princess business. Other than that, nothing major or world ending. And she was glad. Having to save the world a few times made things stressful for Twilight and her friends, so having a week break was a blessing to them.

Getting back to the book she was reading, Twilight was now contemplating on how romance novels worked, seeing on how she was in the middle of one. It wasn't that bad of a read, but the whole thing seemed…

Generic, unoriginal, nothing that seemed to catch her interest.

Then again, Twilight never really knew what to base any judgement on the book's main subject: love. True, she had experiences with crushes and the occasional blushing around certain ponies. One such being Flash Sentry, but that was only in that alternate world. Pony Flash was a royal guard and was currently living in the Crystal Empire. She hardly got to talk to him since they first met, and it was unknown whether or not the one of this world shared the same feelings about her as the one in the alternate.

Finding a place to stop, Twilight placed a magic bookmark and set the book on her nightstand. Laying there thoughts about love and romance and special someponies kept dancing in her head. Every thought became one question, ‘Will I ever find love?’

Before she could go into an internal monologue, a sudden crash rang all over the library. ‘Great, so much for the quiet rule.’ Thought the alicorn Princess, ‘I wonder if Celestia will let me banish those who break that rule again to be sent to the moon.’


The main section of the Golden Oaks Library had looked like a pegasus had brought their pet tornado through it. Which seemed to be closer to truth as a cyan coated pegasus with the famous multi-colored mane and tail came out from a pile of books, like a zombie coming out of it’s grave. Rainbow Dash moaned and rubbed her head after doing a crash course, emphasis on crash, right into the tree/building that was the town’s library and best friend’s home.

After the room stopped spinning, Rainbow was able to noticed the damage that was left from her little stunt. “Oh pony feathers,” she said out loud, “why is it when I try to do a trick, I end up crashing into the library?” Actually, she did know partly why. She had a crush on a certain somepony. A pony who is smart and kind and made Dash laugh every time they were together. Ever since Dash had ran into them, actually more like flew into and ended up a twisted mess of ponies and feathers, she had been trying so hard for them to notice her and hoped to Celestia that they would like her back. Every time she saw the pony of her dreams, she would…

“Rainbow Dash!” Said mare looked up at the pony that said her name at the top of the stairs. Suddenly her breathing and heart started to quicken. Her wing deodorant stated to fail as sweat started to become more frequent in her wing pits. There stood the pony she wanted to be with, to do everything and anything for, would give up even the Wonderbolts if it meant they would be together. It was the her special pony crush, Twilight Sparkle.

“Rainbow!” The sudden sharp saying of her name snapped the pegasus out of day dream and into reality. Put on her cool, yet embarrassed, face, Dash hoped today that this would be the day that Twilight would return her feelings, though without saying anything to her.

“Oh, hey Twilight,” Dash started, “fancy meeting you here. You come here often?”

Twilight rolled her eyes, though Dash could see a little smirk form on the side of the alicorn’s muzzle. “Dash, I live here and work here. Did you hit your head that hard?”

“Hehe, I know you live here egghead. I was trying to… lighten the mood.” Rainbow gestured to the apparent mess with a hoof.

Twilight took a deep sigh to calm down, “Dash, this is the fourth time this month you ended up making everything in my library look like Discord ran this place.”

Meanwhile, a certain element of chaos felt a shutter like he was being mocked by somepony. Weird.

Back at the library, Rainbow freed the rest of herself from the mess of books and things that was on the floor. “Today wasn't my fault. A freak breeze took me off course.” This was partly true as she wanted to really do a “trick” while at the same time getting a view of Twilight through her bedroom window. It would have been a great day, hadn't an actual breeze made her dive bomb the building.

Flying in the air, Rainbow looked over the damage she caused. It wasn't as bad as the first couple of times, but she felt bad all the same and didn't want her love to be mad at her, even if they weren't a couple, yet. “I'm sorry Twilight. Here, let me get this cleaned up.” Rainbow was able to know where to put the books back on the shelves. After the first two times, it became practically like flying.

Twilight, now flying as well, stuck a hoof out to stop her friend, “Don't worry about it Rainbow, I've got this.” Before said pegasus could protest, Twilight began to cast a spell that lifted all the books off the floor and back on to the shelves, keeping the neat and organized. After the spell finished, Rainbow thought she could also smell fresh lemons.

“Well… I guess you do have it covered Twilight.” Rainbow Dash smiled. However, her insides began shouting insults at the pegasus for not being quick, for causing the mess in the first place, and for how much stress and work she had put on her secret lavender crush.

Twilight giggled a bit, “It's nothing Rainbow. After becoming an alicorn, I was able to do more with my magic. And I had found a spell that would have taken me months and energy to master as an unicorn took me only three days and I hardly break a sweat.” Rainbow may have looked bored, but in reality, she hung on to every word the newest princess was saying. It was both fascinating and embarrassing that Twilight had to learn a new spell for just these sort of occasions. And those were the ones she really cherished being with Twilight.

“Yeah yeah, whatever you say egghead. Magic this and that, blablabla.” ‘Too much you twit.’ “Well, I've gotta fly. Sorry again for the mess, I'll try to be more careful next time.” Rainbow said as she flew to the door.

“Oh? Ok, well I'll see you later Rainbow. Try using the front door next time.”

“Yep, sure thing.” With that Dash opened the door, zipped out, and shut it, a little bit harder than what she wanted to.


As she was landing, Twilight winced at the loud slam Rainbow Dash had made exiting the library. While she would have scolded her later for that, she was all too familiar with that action. She remember days when she lived at home when she was a filly and would hear her parents and brother arguing over something, then it end with her BBBFF stomping his way to his room and slamming it shut. Such a thing would scare her, but after the tension fizzled, apologies would be exchanged, hugs would be given, and things would go back to normal.

The door slam Rainbow made had Twilight thinking that her best friend was upset. But the way she was acting and her attitude said otherwise. This confused her and decided that, when they met up again, and if the subject presented itself, then she would ask the pegasus.

Looking up at the clock, it was getting late. The thought of food came to mind as her stomach growled. Trotting into the kitchen and pulling out a bowl from the refrigerator with a label marked ‘Twilight Dinner’. She loved how her number one assistant still kept things in check, even when he was off helping… Applejack? He seemed to be there a lot lately, especially with Apple Bloom.

Another time to think about that. Right now, food. As she warmed up her bowl of Mac and cheese with a reheat spell, her original train of thought. When the subject of love entered her brain, however, the thought of Rainbow Dash came back. While this was something of a surprise to her, she'd being lying if she hadn't thought about the mare in that sense. Her athletic body, her charm, the way she flew through the air like she was a seapony in water. Twilight started to feel a blush coming on.

But those thoughts were crushed by Twilight as soon as they appeared. It was like the Flash Sentry issue. While she may have a little bit of feelings toward Rainbow, that didn't mean that she felt the same. Also, she wasn't sure if she should be with Rainbow. It's not that she was opposed by same gender relations, she had an aunt who was happily married with her partner and loved them both, she just wasn't sure if she should be. She grew up with the universal idea that a male and a female should be together. But as society became tolerant of the idea of homosexuality, Twilight felt like she should stay with being straight. But she also wasn't opposed to the idea of if a mare did ask her out and they became marefriends.

Twilight was again confused, and decided to just let things happen. If Rainbow Dash did like her, then she was sure that the pegasus would tell her and they could try and be a couple. Besides, asking Twilight if she was interested in her should be the easiest thing Rainbow could ever do. How hard could that be…