• Published 4th Jun 2015
  • 2,209 Views, 21 Comments

Notice Me - GameAct3



Twilight tries to figure out love. Rainbow Dash tries to get Twilight to love her.

  • ...
7
 21
 2,209

Chapter 3

Notice Me
Chapter 3

Knowledge. Everypony has the knowledge to do things. For a foal, the basics of walking, talking, and even being toilet trained is the first step of gaining knowledge. After that, a pony gains the knowledge on how to do a special talent, which results in a Cutie Mark. Knowledge. Though each pony has individual knowledge of each unique thing, not everypony has all the knowledge in all of Equestria. At least… not in the real Equestria.

Twilight’s eyes scanned the tome in front of her, looking though it's hidden secrets and powerful words as she sat on her throne. To a regular pony, the text would look like what a two year old had written with crayon on the kitchen wall, but to Twilight, she could read it like it was pure Equine. Why could she? Simple, she had the knowledge to read it. Not just read it, but even write and speak it fluently. She knew all the known languages and even their origins. She knew everything about history, math, science. Pretty much, she had the knowledge of everything. And she should… being as she’s the Princess of Knowledge.

Twilight was living the great life. She could study all day in her castle that overlooked Ponyville. Any pony needing her assistance in figuring something out, she could give them the answers, fix the problem, and be the best princess equal to her royal sisters. And when ever there was new information, it had to go though her first to be deemed safe for the public, or to be locked away, the only pony ever knowing it being her. Things were all perfect in the world Twilight created.

“Your Highness. Please forgive the interruption, but your Captain of the Guard has return to give you the report you wanted.” Said the scribe, bowing low. Twilight didn't even look up from her read, but had heard the loyal servant’s words.

“Have them come in immediately.” Said the princess, motioning with a hoof. The scribe thanked Twilight and rushed out the door. Still keeping her eyes on the tome, Twilight could hear the metal on tile sound of armored horse shoes slowly approach her. The sound of Royal Guard of Knowledge armor could also be heard rattling. It immediately stopped. “What is the report Captain?” Twilight asked, still focused on the read.

“My princess, the poetry riots were settled peacefully by your given instructions, and the fire at the Grand Library in Fillydelphia was put out successfully. No ponies were injured and the books that were in the part that was on fire were protected thanks to the spell you gave the unicorn book keepers.” Said the Captain. That voice was something familiar to the alicorn, but it gave her an unknown scene. It made her relax and was like sweet candy to her ears. Even though she was a powerful alicorn princess, the voice made her feel safe, protected, want to run up to that pony and hide in their embrace from the world and it’s troubles. For a moment, she'd give up all the knowledge she had, if it meant she would stay with that pony.

Twilight looked up from her read to see her Captain. Almost immediately, shock, joy, confusion, and, even stronger, love flooded her. Standing before her in a military stance, but wore a cocky smirk, was the pony that made her heart melt. Rainbow Dash. Her mane done up in a librarian bun but to keep her captain’s helmet on was a show of rank. The polished steel and titanium saddle armor draped over the pegasus’s back, but kept her wings… shudders… from being restricted and improved her aerodynamics greatly. All Twilight could think about was ripping that armor off and taking her right there. But she had to keep up her looks, or the media would have a field day.

“Ahem,” Twilight cleared her throat, “thank you Captain Dash. At ease.” Rainbow went into a relaxed stance. “Do you know what time it is?”

“It's a quarter till 9 mid lady, should we retire to the quarters?” Rainbow stated. Twilight nodded, setting the tome down to look at tomorrow. She got up from the throne and began trotting toward the royal chambers, Rainbow side by side with her. As they walked, Rainbow remained very close to Twilight to even have their flanks touch. Instead of feeling uncomfortable, she loved every minute they were together. Even as servants and other guards walked by, no pony said anything, nor did Twilight or Rainbow separate for the time. Dash even put her wing over the princesses back, not only as a protection protocol, but as a loving sign of affection as was custom of pegasi.

The two ponies rounded the corner and came to Twilight’s chamber. Rainbow held the door open, bowing to let alicorn through. Twilight returned the bow and stepped into the room. After entering, Dash followed and quickly shut it, locking it so as not to be disturbed. She sighed deeply, turning around and leaning against the door. She looked over at Twilight with a relieved and exhausted expression. Twilight giggled, which made the pegasus blush. “I guess it wasn't to good?” She ask as her magic began to take the armor that Rainbow Dash wore off.

“Ugh! You don't even know. I've been to riots that were funner than that one. I knew Eager Allen Pone was depressing, but those poets made it even more depressing.” Rainbow slow trotted toward the princess as her armor was peeled off. She closed the distance and both mares wrapped each other in their forehooves, taking a minute to enjoy each other's embrace. Twilight had been wanting this all day, she craved it. To be held in those strong, but gentle, hooves, she'd give up everything to spend forever in their safe, warm embrace.

The two pulled back to look into each other's tired but beautiful eyes. Twilight leaned in, closing her eyes and puckering her lips, hoping that Rainbow would do the same. Almost immediately, she felt a second set of lips make contact. The feeling was intoxicating to the princess. The two continued to make out, slowly making their way to the bed. Almost like they were in Autopilot, the mares got onto the bed, covered themselves in the sheets and laid their heads down onto the pillows, never once breaking contact with their lips.

They finally parted and just held each other, letting sleep take them. Twilight began to turn out lights. Rainbow moved closer to her ear, the warmth of her breath making her spin shiver with excitement. She hears a soft whisper.

“I love you Twilight Sparkle…” Then everything goes black.

---

“I love you too, Rainb…” Twilight manages to say before awakens to reality. No longer a fancy castle or guards or the world's knowledge. Just the Golden Oaks Library located in Ponyville. But this was all pale in comparison to the fact that there was one thing also missing from her dream that didn't form. Twilight sat up and look over to her side where rainbow was originally in her dream, but only found it void of anything but air.

Twilight looked at the time, it was still the middle of the night. The dream had felt like hours had gone by, but in reality, she had been only been asleep for a few. And in all this time, she had discovered the one thing she was now certain of, “I… I… lo… love Rainbow Dash.” Those words sounded so sweet on her tongue, almost like the Moon Sugar wine she had tried with Princess Luna at her coordination. Her cheeks were flustered, but a soft, loving smile crept up onto her face and wasn't going away anytime soon. She meant it, she really meant every word, she loved Rainbow Dash.

But the smile died instantly. Twilight knew what she felt was love, but that meant nothing. Nothing if the pegasus in question didn't return feelings. “I know about that rumor that Dash likes mares, but that still doesn't mean she's interested in me. She's never shown any sign that she's even remotely wants a closer relationship with me. So… what should I do?” Twilight asked herself, not realizing the tears falling from her eyes.

---

“I'm not saying that Pinkie.” Said a deadpanned Rainbow Dash. For the last few hours, the party pony of Equestria had been explaining, detailing, and re-explaining her plan to Rainbow about how she would get her and Twilight to fall head over hooves with each other. Rainbow thought it would entail running into or having some time alone with each other, but after things started to fall into Strangeville, she wanted nothing more than to leave Pinkie’s room at Sugar Cube Corner, fly home, eat something, feed and say goodnight to Tank, crawl into her bed and cry herself to sleep on how she wished Twilight was there. It was a nice routine.

“But Dashie,” whined Pinkie, “you have to say it. It's supposed to be part of the plan.”

“Ok, but what does 40 tubes of toothpaste, 20 pencils, two shopping carts, and a stallion from Manhattan with a cyborg patriot have to do with Twilight and I?”

Pinkie giggled, “No silly, that has nothing to do with the plan,” Dash sighed in relief, “that's for Plan B” Rainbow now looked more confused. She flipped through the packet handout her pink friend gave her… when did she have time to make that… and found the spot marked Plan B. She may have dozed off a couple of times during Pinkie’s explaining, but again, it was the middle of the night and she was tired.

Pinkie came up to the pegasus and place her hooves on Rainbow’s shoulders, her face was a serious, but caring look. “Dash… I have been your friend for a long time, and your friend in this whole thing. I want you to succeed, I want you and Twi to be together, and I want you both to be happy. But I need you to trust me, to let me set everything up so then, when the time is right, you and her will each other’s special somepony. Now, please Dash, say the words.”

Rainbow turned her head toward the window, the one facing the library. In all that she tried, Twilight hadn't given her notice of affection. But they both became really close. Twilight helped her enjoy reading, while she herself taught Twi how to do some tricks and got excited when she got the right. She knew she needed help, and Pinkie was the only pony that could actually bring them together.

This was it, all or nothing. Rainbow took a deep breath and placed a hoof onto the window. The words, although scripted by Pinkie, were true to what she was thinking in both her heart and her mind, flowing right off her tongue…

“Please… please notice me Twi-senpai”