• Published 17th Jun 2015
  • 11,279 Views, 239 Comments

An Alternate Ending to A Canterlot Wedding - MeadowRosePony



An alternate ending to 'A Canterlot Wedding'. What if all of the drama caused Discord to awaken?

  • ...
11
 239
 11,279

Afterwards

Discord floated in-between dimensions as he tried to figure out where Twilight went. With a snap of his claws, he conjured up a 3-D map of Equestria. Putting on a pair of reading glasses, he used a magnifying glass to examine the map. "Let's see here...If I were a lonely, eggheaded, and not very original unicorn where would I be?" With another snap of his claws, his Twilight doll appeared on his shoulder.

"I'm so upset! My friends aren't my friends anymore and my teacher is just a lazy alicorn using me to do her dirty work! Oh why didn't I listen to that clever and handsome Lord of Chaos, Discord? Woe is me! I'd better go to my room and cry until he finds me and trains me to be his student of Chaos. Wah!"

"Oh, excellent suggestion, Twilight doll!" He moved his glass over to Ponyville and peered inside the Golden Oaks Library.

"Hmm, well you lose points for that one." Discord said pointing to the floating scoreboard above him.

Twilight Doll: -1 ~ Discord: 0

He looked in a few more obvious places as the doll listed them off. "Castle of the lazy alicorn siblings... nope, Donut shop...nope, thinking spot...nada, Zecora's...zipo, well you're no help." With that he flicked the doll away.

"What we need is a new perspective..." Discord paced in circles as he thought. Suddenly a lightbulb appeared above his head.

"Ah ha!" Snapping his claws, he poofed up another Twilight doll, this one in a lab coat and dorky glasses.

"Where would you go, Twilight Doll 2.0?"

The doll pushed it's glasses higher on it's nose before stating. "As I have just discovered the backstabbing nature of friendship, rather than teleport to a venue that is easily locatable by my former associates, I have resolved to make my way to a secluded location in which I will endeavor to rectify my current situation."

"And that is..." Discord said, beginning to get annoyed at his creation.

"Do to the partisan nature of our relationship, it would be counterproductive for myself to disclose that information." The doll stated smugly as it changed the scoreboard.

Twilight Doll 2.0: 1 ~ Discord: 0

"Okay, first of all, I created you so you have to do what I say. Second, that scoreboard is incorrect as there are two Twilight dolls." Discord stated as he brought back the first doll and changed the board again.

Whiny Twilight Doll: -1 ~ Egghead Twilight Doll: -1 ~ Discord: 1

Both dolls started to protest,

"I'm not whining! I'm complaining! I'll show you whining! Waaah, you knoooocked me ooffff. You're a biggg bullllyyy..."

"That label is highly disparaging and anatomically inaccurate. Furthermore, my previous changes to the scoreboard where correct at the time as the original Twilight effigy had been eradicated by yourself. Therefor-"

"Aauugh, why can't either of you just tell me where Twilight is!" Discord interrupted the dolls by grabbing them and shaking them until they stopped talking.

They looked at each other and responded together, "You created us. How can we know something you don't?"

Discord smacked himself in face, "Oh yeah". With a snap of his fingers, everything disappeared. "I guess I'll just have to use the tracking device I stuck in her mane." He said, poofing up a metal detector and following it's beeping.


"Oh come on!" Rainbow Dash yelled in frustration, kicking the wall next to her.

"Ah can't believe that just happened!" Applejack shouted, stomping her hoof.

"This is the Worst. Possible. Thing!" Rarity declared dramatically as she punctuated each word with a blast to the floating screens. Unfortunately, each shot simply reflected off of them and went bouncing around the room.

"Eep!" Fluttershy yelped, ducking behind Pinkie Pie. Who was currently ignoring everypony as she cried in the center of the room.

Princess Celestia raised her horn and with a powerful spell, dissolved the magic blasts before they could injure anypony. She attempted to remove the floating screens, but her spell reacted in much the same manner as Rarity's, despite her being an alicorn. Princess Celestia quickly cancelled her spell before they got further than a single bounce. "I'm sorry everypony, it appears that Discord's magic has grown stronger than even my own."

"Magic may not do it, but lets see them hold up against my Sonic RainBlast!" Rainbow shouted. Before anypony could stop her, she had flown through the broken window. A few seconds passed before she came barreling back in, hollering a war cry as she aimed a karate kick at one of the screens.

BOING!

The screen flexed like a rubber-band and slingshot her straight into the wall with a crash. "Owww" Rainbow Dash groaned as everypony face-hoofed.

"Oh my gosh, Rainbow Dash, are you alright?" Fluttershy said as she flew to her friend's aid.

"Ya okay there, sugarcube?" Applejack asked, trotting towards them.

"No...problem...hehe...just...awesome..." Rainbow Dash said weakly as the room span and her eyes rolled back in her head.

"Honestly, Rainbow Dash, you need to think before you start flying into things. Not every problem can be solved with violence." Rarity said as she levitated her friend onto her fainting couch.

"What?" Rarity asked, looking around as she noticed the sudden silence.

Cadance shook her head, "Lets just get Rainbow to the infirmary." She nodded towards a couple of guards, who stiffened to attention. They saluted and picked up the duvet and carried it out of the room.

As everypony trailed out of the vault (the girls and Spike following Rainbow Dash, and the guards returning to their posts), Cadance noticed that Shining Armor hadn't moved.

Cadance turned back to see Shining Armor standing in front of one of the screens. Cadance frowned, worry knitting her brow as she walked over to her fiancé. She knew which clip he was watching, even without looking. There was only one that Shining Armor would watch with this level of intensity and guilt.

Shining Armor didn't turn to look as Cadance stepped up behind him. He just stood there, watching that one moment of the wedding replay over and over again. That one moment, when he had given in to the stress and frustration and had taken it out on the one filly he had never wanted to hurt. The one moment he wished he could take back, more than anything.

"Come on, Shining." Cadance said softly, putting a wing across his back. "Let's go."

Shining Armor nodded and allowed himself to be led from the room, his mouth in a tight line as he took one last look at the screen. 'If it's the last thing I do,' Shining Armor silently vowed, 'I promise I will make this right.'


POP!

Discord appeared in the corner of the cave and promptly ducked as a large projectile went flying in his direction. He opened his mouth to protest, only for it to hang open as he took in the mess around him. The walls and ceiling were covered in char marks and there were there was rubble every where. 'How did she manage to burn crystal?' Discord thought in disbelief.

"AUGH!" Twilight let out a guttural scream of frustration and released a powerful surge of magic. It blasted through the far side, creating another tunnel and sending large chunks of debris flying towards her.

Discord's mouth fell open as he watched. In his experience ponies tended to run screaming away from large flying projectiles, not towards them.

Letting out another primal shriek, Twilight bucked pieces away from her, using her magic to fling the chunks she couldn't reach with her legs. With a final cry she sent the largest piece flying through another wall.

Discord continued to watch silently for a few moments before grinning and poofing up some popcorn. He leaned back into his floating easy chair and settled in for the show. 'After all' He thought, grinning wickedly as Twilight destroyed more of her surroundings, 'one must never interrupt a lady.'

Twilight continued her derby of destruction for some time (Not sure exactly how long, Twilight didn't pay any attention and Discord had been too busy enjoying the show to keep track. Not that he would have anyway.) before letting out a final cry of raw emotion and sending one last blast through the ceiling before lowering her head in exhaustion. She panted heavily as slow clapping filled the air. Twilight scowled as Discord appeared, whooping in glee as he joined a thousand pairs of gloves in applause.

"Oh, Well done!" Discord congratulated her. "I must say, I love what you've done with the place! You have turned this drab and boring cavern into a canvas of possibilities. Amazing! Why it's simply astounding!" With a POP! and a puff of smoke he was dressed as an art critic, complete with the beret and clipboard. "What do you call this piece?" Discord asked as he examined a pile of burnt crystal.

Twilight just sighed, she was in no mood for his games. She trudged past him, head down and tail dragging as she walked deeper into the caves.

Discord frowned, and then brightened as he thought of something else. With a snap of his claws he vanished and reappeared above her, "Whatever made you think of using the Crystal Caves beneath Canterlot?"He snapped back into the general's uniform. "I mean, using the place you were imprisoned in as your new headquarters? It's tactical genius! Who would suspect you of hiding in the very place you escaped from?!"

Twilight just ignored him as she kept walking. Blasting the Crystal Caves may have helped relieve her of the anger built up inside her, but now that she had worked off all of that adrenaline, she just felt depressed and empty, like there was a hole in her heart. And now she had no way of filling that hole.

Discord hid a grin as he watched her, his plan was working perfectly. Twilight was so depressed, there was no way she could use her Element now.

'Ehh, maybe too depressed' Discord thought as Twilight retreated to the far corner of the cave and curled up in a ball. For a moment he was worried she was going to get hysterical on him again, but she jut lay there, staring at her broken reflection in the crystal wall.

'Just like my friends.' Twilight thought bitterly as she traced the cracks with her hoof. Suddenly she felt a paw on her shoulder. She looked up to see Discord smiling gently at her.

'Now for phase two.' Discord hid a grin as he looked down at the broken-hearted young mare.