• Published 18th May 2012
  • 9,934 Views, 160 Comments

These Dreams - lorettafox



Twilight is seeing Discord in her dreams and misses him terribly. 1st completed story in The Dream Trilogy.

  • ...
18
 160
 9,934

Chapter 5

"I should get to work on that riddle, but I have no idea where to start!" Twilight freaked out.

"Well, just forget about it for now and let's play a game!" Discord smiled.

"But what about your freedom, Dizzy?" asked Twilight.

"You can figure out that riddle later. I just thought of a fun game we could play together!"

"What game is it this time?" Twilight asked non-chantly.

"Let's see what can make you blush." he smirked out here.

"What?" Twilight yelled.

"Come on now. It'll be fun." he taunted.

"For you, Discord! I don't want to play this childish game!" Twilight yelled.

"Come on now, you'll have fun with it." he taunted her more.

"No, I'm just gonna try to figure out that riddle so I can free you." Twilight said as she starched her head. "Stone will reverse and crumble if one allows her voice to rumble. It involves my voice, but how?"

"Do you really need to worry about that riddle, Twilight dear?" he asked.

"YES! I need to worry about it! It's like you're dead at the moment!" Twilight yelled.

"I'm trapped in stone, my dear. Not dead." he said.

"To me, it feels like you were never even there after the Elements took you away...again!"

"I'm here now, don't worry." he smiled.

"How...how..." she muttered.

"How what?" he asked.

"How would you feel if I were trapped in stone and there was nothing you could do but solve a riddle? What if you couldn't visit me in my dreams, huh? What if I somehow died inside the stone? What you do about it, huh? What would you do about it?" she yelled out in one breath.

Discord simply stared at her in shock at what she asked him. What would he do if he lost her? Would chaos be worth it without a wonderful pony by your side? Would he convert into order just for her memory if something happened to her?

"I...I...I" was all he could say.

"Well...what would you do?" she yelled.

"I don't know." he sounded as if he were going to start crying. "I don't how I would handle if I lost you. It would be losing an external part of myself."

"Now you know why I want to solve this riddle." she also sounded if she was going to cry. "I just want you to not be gone from me anymore. You are apart of me as I am of you. I just want to see you again."

His urge to cry went down a bit as he couldn't stand the sight of seeing Twilight sad, not even if it was his own prank that did it. He grabbed Twilight and hugged her as a sign of apology. She felt a warm feeling in her heart and hugged him back.

"I just want to see you again. I just want to be able to tell you everything I can possibly tell you." Twilight said with a slight sob in her voice.

"Twilight..." he said.

"Hmm?" she said as she glanced up at him

"I love you." he said with a happy smile.

"I know you do." she smiled.

-
A few days later...

Twilight had been literally sleeping most of the days and nights away, only being awake to either eat or use the restroom. Her friends, the princesses, and her parents were all worried about her and why she had been sleeping so much. It had been at least four days since Discord was returned back to stone. Princess Celestia and Luna were at Twilight's place looking over the sleeping alicorn.

"And she's been like this ever since Cadence watched her?" asked Celestia.

"Yeah. Ever time I come in here, she's always sleeping. I'm worried, it's not normal for a pony to sleep like this, is it?" asked Spike.

"It is not. I have a feeling this isn't just Discord's powers after affect on her. There is something medically wrong with her." said Celestia.

"Is she gonna be ok, Celestia?" Spike worried.

"I don't know, Spike. I honestly don't know." Celestia sighed and looked over at Luna. "Luna, when you watched her, what did you say she was like when she was awake?"

"She would just go and eat daisy sandwiches that seemed there at lunch and dinner. I asked her how she was and she answered me that she's alright. She's sounds so secretive when I asked her any questions." said Luna.

"Daisy sandwiches?" Spike said in confusion. "She doesn't gone to the market for daisies lately. How could she have been eating daisy sandwiches?"

"I do not know, Spike. I remember opening up her fridge and there would be a daisy sandwich and some wine." said Luna.

"That is very unusual." said Celestia. "I don't suppose anypony has come by recently with any food?"

"Well, Rainbow Dash and Rarity did visit the other day, but Twilight was asleep. They didn't bring any food with them." replied Spike.

"This is very unusual." said Celestia. "Twilight should also be taken to a doctor immediately. We need to know what her condition is exactly."

"Twilight, you have to wake up. It's an emergency!" Spike said as he shook her softly.

Twilight opened her eyes. "W-What's the emergency, Spike? I-Is there chaos around?" she asked sleepily until she noticed the princesses. "Princesses, what are you both doing here?" she asked.

"Twilight, you need to visit the emergency room. You have been sleeping for the last four days and I'm worried you may have the Sleeping Pony condition." Celestia worried.

"I'm alright, Princess Celestia. I've just been tired is all." Twilight answered.

"I just want a doctor's analysis of you, Twilight. I just want to make sure Discord didn't put any affects like this on you." Celestia said.

"As you wish, Princess Celestia. I'm off to the Ponyville Hospital then." Twilight said.

"I'll take you there myself." said Luna as she teleported the two of them to Ponyville Hospital's emergency room, where a nurse spotted their entrance.

"Princess Luna! How may we help you?" the nurse asked.

"Twilight Sparkle is in need of a medical exam immediately." Luna stated as she pointed her hoof to Twilight.

"What seems to be wrong, Twilight?" asked the nurse.

"I've been sleeping day and night the last four days only getting up to eat or use the restroom." Twilight replied.

"Oh my. I'll put you in a room ASAP and have Dr. Medic look at you. Follow me." said the nurse. "Luna, you should come as well to ensure she doesn't fall back asleep."

The nurse led Twilight and Luna to a hospital room, where Twilight hopped onto the examination table. The nurse left and the doctor entered the room just as quickly as the nurse left.

"I've been told you've been sleeping alot, Twilight?" he asked.

"Yes." she replied.

"Have you been having any emotional issues of any kind at all?"

"Well...yes."

"I see. I'm going to give you a routine check-up and see if there is anything else that might be affecting your sleep patterns." the doctor said.

The doctor gave Twilight a basic pony check-up: height and weight check, heart beat, heart pressure, and a reflex test. She seemed to pass them all just fine.

"Well, Twilight. You are healthy as a filly. I think I understand why you are sleeping so much though." said the doctor.

"And why so, doctor?" asked Luna.

"She told me earlier she is having emotional issues. She might be sleeping more in order to not have to deal with them. What ever the issue is, it must be bothering her quite a lot. I've seen this in other ponies who lost a loved one or lost someone's trust or any other emotional issues." replied the doctor as he turned to Twilight. "Twilight, I recommend you visit the psychiatrist, Dr. Hoofville. He might help you get through your emotional issues."

"When should I see Dr. Hoofville?" Twilight asked.

"You can see him right after you leave her a matter of fact. Would you like me to call him and tell him you're coming? Today is usually a slow day for patients." said Dr. Medic.

"Please do. I'll escort her over to him ASAP." said Luna.

"Alright then. He's not too far from the hospital. The building is just down the street. It's called Hoofville's Mind Therapy. You can't miss it."

"Thank you, doctor. Where do I go to pay the medical bill?" asked Luna.

"No need to, Princess. The royal banker will take care of it for you. I'll give Hoofville the call right now. I hope you can sort through your emotional issues, Twilight Sparkle."

"Thanks, I'll do my best." Twilight said with a fake grin as she and Luna left Ponyville Hospital and made their way to mind therapy.

Luna escorted Twilight to Hoofville's Mind Therapy. They both reached the building and realized the doctor wasn't kidding when he said you couldn't miss it. The building did have a large brain on it as well as the name. The two of them walked inside to come up to a receptionist unicorn using her magic to type away on the computer. She heard the door open and glanced up to see them.

"You must be Twilight Sparkle that Dr. Medic called about." she replied.

"Yes I am." Twilight replied.

"Dr. Hoofville is waiting for you right through that door. Nopony else is in there, so go right in." the unicorn said.

Twilight walked through the door as Luna stayed out in the lobby as she chatted with the unicorn who was trying to finish up some paperwork for Dr. Hoofville.

Dr. Hoofville was sitting in his special chair as he watched Twilight walk into the door. He smiled when he saw her. "Good afternoon, Twilight Sparkle. Dr. Medic called me telling me you're having some emotional issues that are affecting your sleep patterns."

"I am." Twilight replied.

"Why don't you lie down on the couch over there and let's see if we can sort through this. You have as much time as you need Twilight, as I have no other appointments today."

"Ok then. One question though, you won't tell anypony about this, correct?" Twilight asked concerned.

"I have to tell Princess Luna something but whoever or whatever is causing your emotional problems I will not tell. It's my job." Dr. Hoofville smiled. "Now tell me, when did this need for endless sleep start?" he asked.

"About four days ago. After my friends and I defeated Discord, he got freed again."

"Oh? Do you know how he got freed?"

"I freed him using a book of ancient spells."

"I see." he said as he used his magic to write something down. "Why did you free him in the first place?"

"Well, after we sealed him the first time in stone, I began getting these dreams shortly afterwards that showed me as a pegasus unicorn when I simply was just a unicorn then. The dreams also had him being romantic towards me."

"Oh? How did you feel about these dreams at first?"

"Well, they did scare me at first but after a week or so, I realized the dreams were the one of the closet things I would have towards romance, so they stop bothering me."

"Do you still have these dreams now?"

"Whenever I fall asleep. It's like being happy all the time."

"Twilight, have you developed love for Discord at all?"

"Well..." Twilight sighed. "I have. At first I was appalled by it, then as the dreams kept going, I realized that he isn't that bad of a pony, he's most likely lonesome and just wants a pony to prank around with."

"Is this love what lead you to free him from his stone prison the second time?"

"Yes, but my friends think it was because I was under a spell of his, but I wasn't. When they used the elements in him just later that day, I lied and said that I was under a spell. But I never was."

"Is the reason you've been sleeping so much the last four days is just to see him?"

"Yes. My friends made me turn him back to stone by force when I didn't want too. Now, I've been given this riddle in my dreams."

"Riddle? Do tell."

"Well in my dream when the frequent sleeping started I got this riddle stating: "Stone can be reversed and crumble if one allows her voice to rumble. I'm not sure what it means exactly but it can set him free if I figure it out."

"Twilight, if he was freed forever, how would you feel about it?"

"I would be more than happy. My love will be freed forever." Twilight laughed. "Oh, and I'll make sure he doesn't affect your business. I'm sure he'll make it boom with all the weird chaos that'll run around."

"I see. About this riddle. It sounds like something involving you using your voice, correct?"

"Yes, at first I thought it meant shouting, but that makes no sense. I haven't been able to think of anything else since I haven't been trying for a few days in my dreams to go and solve it."

"Twilight, perhaps the answer you seek to your riddle is singing. Singing causes vibrations just like speech does. If you sing high enough, it might be possible to cause stone to crack and break, freeing him." he smiled as he wrote down more notes.

Twilight sat there, dumfounded. Dr. Hoofville was right. That was the answer she had been looking for! The answer was singing this entire time! But, what song was she supposed to sing anyway? She didn't know any songs that were really that high and did she even know how to sing that high?

"Twilight? Twilight Sparkle?" he called her name.

"What?" Twilight said as she came back to reality.

"Did you realize something?" he asked.

"I think I just found out the answer to the riddle. Thank you, Dr. Hoofville. I think my excessive sleeping will be ending in a couple of days." she smiled.

"I'm glad I was able to help you, Twilight. I have just one more question for you. Will you make sure when you're able to release Discord than he not do anything to my business?" he laughed.

"I'll make sure he doesn't do anything to your business, Dr. Hoofville. He'll more than likely increase your business!" she laughed. "Are we done here?"

"Yes, Twilight. You are done here. I just need to tell Luna that I think your excessive sleeping will disappear in a few days." Dr, Hoofville said as he and Twilight walked out where Luna and the reception unicorn were chatting away. Luna looked up to see the two walking over to them.

"So, how is she now, Dr. Hoofville?" asked Luna.

"Well, the reason for her excessive sleeping is that she is missing somepony very deeply and sees them very frequently in her dreams. We were able to sort through her emotional issues and I think in a couple of days, Twilight will back to regular sleeping patterns."

"I see. Is there anything we should worry about in the mean time?" asked Luna.

"Not at all, your highness. Twilight here will be still asleep a lot the next two days, at the most. But afterwards, I think she'll be better and happier than ever after all her emotional problems are talked with the young pony in her dreams."

"Thank you for everything, doctor." Twilight smiled.

"No problem, Twilight. I hope you feel better!" he smiled as the two mares walked out of the building.

Luna and Twilight walked outside the building. They began walking away from the building when they both ran into Pinkie Pie, who was making some fillies laugh by telling jokes. She saw Twilight and smiled.

"Hey Twilight!" Pinkie called. "Hey Princess Luna!"

"Good day, Pinkie Pie." Luna smiled.

"Hey Pinkie." Twilight smiled.

"Twilight, I got you a fortune cookie!" Pinkie said as she pulled it from out of nowhere it seemed. "I saw this on the counter today and something told me that you needed this one fortune cookie!"

"Thanks, Pinkie." Twilight said as she cracked up the cookie open and put one half into her mouth. She pulled out her fortune from the other half and read it aloud. "You will soon witness a miracle." Twilight smiled at the fortune and at Pinkie. "I see why this cookie called out to you, Pinkie Pie. I hope the fortune comes true."

"I love it when my fortunes come true, especially the good ones!" Pinkie said happily. "Hope you witness an awesome miracle."

"Me too, Pinkie. Me too." Twilight said as she and Luna made their way back to Twilight's treehouse.

They both returned back to the treehouse and opened the door to see Celestia reading a book and Spike playing with a toy stallion he had. They both heard the door opened and looked up.

"How is she, my sister?" Celestia asked. Luna explained the whole thing to her. "That's a relief it'll be over in a couple days. Who is this pony you're missing, Twilight?"

Twilight quickly spoke. "I only talked about one pony but I actually miss my parents and grandparents."

"Have been having any problems with them, Twi?" asked Spike.

"No, it's just been awhile since I saw them. After the elements defeated Discord, I realized shortly afterwards, what if Discord broke free again and I couldn't see my family again? The homesick feeling must have grown so intensely that I began seeing them in my dreams. It was so wonderful to see them again, I didn't want to leave them." Twilight lied. She did miss her parents and grandparents, but she wasn't dreaming about them. Though, she did dream that her and Discord were visiting them for a little awhile.

"I think I can get them all to come and see you again." smiled Princess Celestia. "I'll get Cadence and Shining Armor to come as well. Will tomorrow be alright? This way we can get you back to normal."

"I would love to see them." Twilight smiled.

"I'll make sure to wake her up and stays up." said Spike as he did a salute pose.

"Thank you, Spike but I'm sure she'll stay awake with her family by her side." Celestia smiled when Twilight yawned. "Why don't you go back to your dream family until tomorrow, Twilight. I'm not worried anymore now that we know what the problem is. But I do want to know one thing."

"Yes, Princess?" Twilight asked with hesitation.

"Why were you being so secretive about this?" asked Celestia.

"I didn't want you to think I was so homesick and missing my family. I wanted you to think that I could handle myself."

"Twilight, there is nothing wrong with being homesick. It happens to every pony sometimes. You could have told me from the beginning and I would have understood."

"I know and I'm sorry I worried you Princess Celestia. I should've just told you." Twilight said sadly.

Celestia gently hugged her faithful student. "It is ok, Twilight. Go to sleep and we'll see you tomorrow. Luna and I will be there as well. I'll have your friends come as well."

Twilight hugged her mentor back. "Thank you, Princess Celestia. I'll see you tomorrow then. Good afternoon then." Twilight said as she teleported upstairs and went under the covers and back to sleep.

"Sister, will she be normal after seeing her family again?" asked Luna.

"I hope so, Luna. If not, then I know what truly is bothering her." said Celestia. "Spike, watch after her, alright?"

"Of course, Princess!" said Spike.

Celestia and Luna walked out the treehouse and got into their chariot where the pegasus ponies driving it flew off into the sky with them on it.

"What else could be bothering her, Tia?" asked Luna.

"Discord." said Celestia as they both flew back to Canterlot.