• Published 18th May 2012
  • 9,935 Views, 160 Comments

These Dreams - lorettafox



Twilight is seeing Discord in her dreams and misses him terribly. 1st completed story in The Dream Trilogy.

  • ...
18
 160
 9,935

Chapter 8

A few hours passed on by and Twilight was enjoying the company of her family and friends. It was about 11pm when Celestia announced that Luna, Twilight, and she should be getting to Canterlot now.

"Hope you have a wonderful time in Canterlot, Twilight!" smiled Rarity. "Could you bring me some of the newest fashions if you can?"

Twilight smiled at Rarity. "Sure thing, Rarity. I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you, Twilight. You're a good pal." Rarity said.

"Have fun, Twilight!" Pinkie Pie said happily.

"Come along, Twilight." Celestia said. "You'll be back home in just a few days. We have a lot to learn." she finished with a smile.

"Coming, Princess." said Twilight as she followed Celestia out and Luna following after her.

The three were outside when Shining Armor and Cadence came outside.

"I guess I'll be seeing you a bit more the next few days." smiled Shining Armor. "Will you try to stay awake more?"

"I'll try my very best to not fall asleep." Twilight smiled at him.

"See you around the palace then, Twilight. Maybe we can spend some quality time together hopefully." Cadence said happily.

"We'll see you both tomorrow. Good evening." Celestia said as she sent all of them, Cadence and Shining Armor as well, in a burst of light that teleported them all back to Canterlot Castle. "You can sleep in your old room, Twilight. It hasn't been touched since you left for Ponyville the first time."

"Thank you, Princess Celestia. Good night to you and you as well, Luna." Twilight said with a slight bow.

"Good night, Twilight Sparkle." Luna said as she walked past Twilight on to her bedroom chambers.

Twilight walked the direction of her old bedroom. She found the doors to her old room and opened them up big and wide. It was the same when she had left for her first time in Ponyville, books aligned neatly on the shelves and her bed still made. Her bed was the same spread as back in Ponyville, a starry sky blanket and light blue pillows. She quickly hopped into bed and went immediately to sleep to tell Discord what happened tonight and maybe ask him why she dreamt she had freed him when she had obviously not.

Twilight opened her eyes to reveal that she was in a dark, misty forest and a bright moon hang above her and the trees. The light the moon shined down on the forest made it easier for Twilight to see, but it was still a creepy and dark forest. The moonlight also caused her to notice she was wearing a simple white dress and nothing more.

'This looks like the dress I wore the very first time I started this sleeping cycle...' Twilight thought to herself as she began slowly walking forward, not really knowing where she was heading.

She walked past several trees when she took notice of someone in the mist, dressed oddly like a prince.

"Hello? Discord, is that you?" she asked. She got no response. "Discord, where are you? I wanted to tell you something."

She walked closer to the prince figure to see if she could tell who it was. She got near the figure and saw that it had disappeared before her eyes! What the hay was going on in this forest? Was this Discord's idea of a prank or what? Twilight looked around her to see if there was any pony figures or a certain mismatched creature, but, she spotted none.

"Is there anypony here? Anypony at all?" Twilight yelled into the forest.

"Twilight Sparkle!" called out a voice. Twilight turned around to see that Nightmare Moon had returned once again. "Twilight Sparkle, it is time for one to begin her training."

"Training?" Twilight questioned. "I thought I was to start my magic training in the morning with Princess Celestia."

"You shall indeed practice in the morning with her, but I am your instructor on using magic within your dreams. I am being channeled by Princess Luna in order to teach you the magic you must learn in order to free Discord. Come, follow me. We have much to learn."

"Nightmare Moon, where is Discord?" Twilight asked as she followed Nightmare Moon through the forest.

"That is your first test, Twilight. Your dreams are powerful and we must see if you can once again free him from a stone imprisonment."

"Wait, he's trapped?" she panicked.

"Do not fear, Twilight. It is only for awhile and here in your dreams, he cannot be hurt by your magic. The laws of physics do not apply in the dreamworld." Nightmare Moon stopped in front of a statue. "This is your Discord now. Free him now, and we can further continue your magical training."

Twilight stood her ground as she caused her horn to start glowing. Her horn shot a ray of light purple magical energy at the Discord statue, which caused it start cracking and breaking. The whole statue collapsed, revealing Discord in a rather bad mood.

"What the hay was imprisoning me for?" he yelled. "One minute I'm waiting for Twilight and the next thing I know, I'm being trapped again in stone!"

"It was vital that I trapped you for a small while." said Nightmare Moon. "It was so Twilight could begin her magical training."

"Magical training? For what?" he asked.

"In order to have you freed once again and not be affected by the Elements."

"Oh, like you were Nightmare?" he taunted.

"That was when I was corrupted. I am now simply apart of Luna that resides in her. I am no longer the evil being that I once was when I returned from the moon a year ago."

"I guess I can believe that." Discord laughed.

"Now that is aside, Twilight, until tomorrow, I leave you to be with Discord. You deserve to spend tonight with him. I will start your magical dream training tomorrow evening when you return to your dreams. Good evening." Nightmare Moon said as she disappeared from view.

"She better disappear." Discord said in annoyance. "After imprisoning me in stone when I already am in reality. So, my dear, how are doing this evening?"

"Well, I'm currently asleep in my old bedroom in Canterlot and I'm gonna learn spells that'll make me more powerful and have you free, forever. I couldn't be anymore happier. How do you think I'm feeling?" Twilight said with a smirk. "Well?"

"Happy, I would assume from the way you're speaking. Now, what in the world should we possibly do?" he said as he tapped his face with his eagle claw. "Maybe we can try playing a game of some type?"

Twilight laughed abit. "And what game should we play in this moonlit forest, oh god of chaos?"

"Perhaps a game of tag?" he suggested.

"A game of tag in a misty, moonlit forest eh? Sounds like fun." Twilight smiled.

Discord tapped her. "Tag, you're it!" he laughed before he disappeared in a flash of light.

"No fair!" Twilight said as she lit up her horn. "I'll get you, Dizzy!" she laughed as she ran forward.

A laugh was heard that echoed throughout the entire forest. Twilight knew he was laughing at her since she was simply using her magic just to light the way as she ran and not using it any further. Twilight stopped dead in her tracks when she remembered something.

"Wait, I'm in a dream. If I want him so badly, I can make him reappear in front of me!" Twilight said as she closed her eyes and her horn glowed as she muttered a quick incantation. "In this dream that I control, bring me the one called Discord!"

In an instant, Discord reappeared before Twilight right after she opened her eyes. She tapped him with her hoof and smirked. "You're it now, Dizzy! My magic helped me catch you."

"Oh really now? Are you saying your magic is better than mine now?" he asked.

"In my dreams, they are and in reality." she said as she stuck her tongue out at him. "Anything you can do, I can do better."

"No you can't, Twilight. Can you create chocolate rain?" he smirked as he conjured up a cotton candy cloud and made it rain chocolate milk rain.

"I can conquer up that no problem." she smirked as she summoned up a cotton candy cloud with a small poof.

"I guess you were right." Discord laughed as he summoned up a glass and filled it with Twilight's chocolate rain. He sipped the milk from his glass. "Not bad, Twilight Sparkle, but mine is still better." he smirked.

The two of them spent the rest of the night in Twilight's dream having fun and challenging each other's magical abilities until Twilight had to wake up to begin her magical training.