• Published 25th May 2015
  • 464 Views, 0 Comments

Melody's Adventures in CHS - NgKQ



Melody Aurora enters the human world, attempting to follow her mother's hoofsteps in connecting the magic of friendship!

  • ...
4
 0
 464

Chapter 9

Later that morning, at school…

“You look tired, Melody,” said Greenie Hats upon meeting her.

“Oh, I can’t sleep well last night,” she replied, yawning. “I think I’m thinking too much.”

“Too much? About what?”

“I’ll tell you later. Give me a break. *yawn*”

As Melody walked away, Raisin Brandy approached her.

“Is there really anything wrong with her?”

“Uh, she was tired only…”

“What time does she sleep often?”

“How should I know? She’s from another world…”

“But really, I think she would sleep really late, since she reads books often…”

“Really? I didn’t know that.”

“Chaos told me everything about her. He’s closer with her!”

“*gasp* Does that mean that he’s… in love with her!??”

“Maybe, it’s hard to tell, but we better don’t get into their matter.”

Later that afternoon, Melody went to find Sunset Shimmer. She had told her to meet her at the office room.

She arrived to find a blue-haired, light blue-skinned lady talking to her.

“Are you sure, huh?” Sunset Shimmer asked her.

“Pretty, really sure, ain’t no joke!” she laughed. “Besides, Adagio couldn’t help but just dig deeper into her work, literally.”

“So you don’t think they aren’t stressed, huh?”

“Well, I don’t think so. Anyway, I have to get over to Taco Bell right now. Looks like it’s time already. Goodbye!” And the lady hurried away.

“Who’s that woman?” asked Melody as the lady walked away.

“That woman? She’s Sonata Dusk,” explained Sunset. “She used to be one of my enemies. She has two other friends which they name themselves the Dazzlings.”

“The Dazzlings?”

“Yup, our rival band. They looked so normal until I found something suspicious about them. That’s when I called your mother and she revealed to us that they were sirens…”

“Sirens? As in the sirens who use music to bring havoc?”

“Correct, and they threaten to ruin our school show so they started an event called ‘Battle of the Bands’, but we eventually defeated them, and now they’re back to good. You can probably ask your mother more about her.”

“I see about that. What’s that Taco Bell thing she’s saying just now?”

“Oh, she loves tacos. She’s always excited every Tuesday because it’s Taco Tuesday. It’s when tacos are sold really cheap.”

“Gosh, you make me wanna learn more about her.” Then she remembered, “Which reminds me where’s Phoenix Dawn?”

“Phoenix? Well I assigned her to go and help Platinum Royale and her mother to get clothing material from the clothes’ shop. She was reluctant because she didn’t like going out, but still she had to do it.”

“Is she always rebellious when asked to do things with others?”

“Sadly, most of the time. It always takes me to order angrily and she’ll do it, and everyone has to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn’t cause trouble. Yeah, she’s a headache to everyone.”

“I feel bad for that.”

“Madam Sunset! Madam Sunset! This is terrible!” From the corner running towards them was Platinum Royale, looking terrified.

“Platinum Royale! What’s going on?”

“This is bad,” she cried, panting. “Phoenix Dawn has been kidnapped!”

“What did you say!?” asked Sunset Shimmer, shocked at what she heard.

“Kidnapped? How did it happen?”

“You see, we told Phoenix to wait outside while we entered the textile shop to get our ordered cloths. Mom was busily bargaining with the textile owner so I went outside to check out on Phoenix and I found her talking to some stranger.”

“A stranger?”

“He was asking her, something like ‘Do you want to help us in something?’ I called to her, ‘Phoenix! Don’t talk to strangers!’ That’s when that man started to strangle Phoenix who screamed really loud and spoke something to someone in the car beside him. Then the other guy came out and tried to catch me, but I was able to fend him off using some of my defense skills. He then returned back to the car, and drove straight away, taking Phoenix with them!”

Sunset tried to remain calm. “Tell me, can you recognize them?”

“I dunno, but Mom was smart. She came out when she heard the screams, and when the car drove off, she managed to snap the license plate!”

“Were they armed?” asked Melody.

“I don’t know, I can’t tell. It happened so fast!”

“Where’s your mother now?”

“She’s gone to report the matter to the police, so she dropped me here to inform you first!”

“What’s the matter?” The principal and the vice principal arrived.

“Oh, good God!” Sunset broke out to them in tears. “My daughter has been kidnapped!”

“Kidnapped? Is that so?” asked the vice principal.

“Platinum Royale can explain everything,” Melody told her.

“I have all the proof,” said Platinum.

“Then come with me, Platinum. I’ll leave you to be in charge with Sunset,” she spoke to the principal before she went with Platinum.

“Please, tell me, what can I do?” A hysterical Sunset hugged the principal. “I don’t want my daughter to be in danger!”

“Calm down, Sunset. We’ll try to seek assistance quickly.”

Sunset’s cried drew the attention of several others passing by.

“Sunset Shimmer! What happened?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“Yeah, what’s going on?” inquired Rainbow Dash.

“Phoenix Dawn has been kidnapped!” explained Melody.

“Kidnapped?” Asked a female student.

“Ha! She deserves it!” A male student bellowed. “Playing pranks with us all day? I guess that’s her payback!”

“No one shall save her! Hahaha!”

“QUIET!” bellowed Rainbow Dash. “Don’t hurt Madam Sunset Shimmer’s feelings right now! Get back to your own businesses!”

The crowd eventually dispersed, still chattering about her.

Melody on the other hand didn’t know what to do.

“Told ya! Something will really get on her!” said Greenie Hats when they gathered together.

“I knew this would happen,” said Fiji. “I was waiting for something bad to happen on her.”

“Well who asked her to make fun of the kids here every day?” asked Peanut Butter.

“Okay, listen up!” said Thunder Clash. “You think anyone here would go and rescue her? I don’t think so.”

“I agree with you, buddy!” Pizza Frenzy said first, siding Thunder.

“Err, maybe… not?” shrugged Pepper Flake.

“Yeah, no one would probably care about her,” added Raisin Brandy.

“Same here! I’m not gonna bother about her!” said Greenie.

As everyone argued, Melody, Honey Drops, Chaos, Beryl and Malinae were all silent.

“I personally don’t want to get involved in that business,” Honey told Melody. “Mom and Dad always told me not to be a busybody.”

“I’m feeling neutral on this,” said Chaos. “Though I knew that she deserved it.”

“I somehow feel sorry for her,” whispered Malinae. “I wish I could help, but Fiji and Ray won’t let me.”

“But you better still listen to your siblings,” replied Beryl. “You can’t disappoint them.”

Melody still remained quiet. “If you excuse me,” she told Chaos. “I need to go home now.”

“Hey Melody!” called Greenie. “Do you want to save Phoenix Dawn?”

“Um, I’ll think about it,” she said hurriedly and left to find Sunset Shimmer.

Late at night, Melody sat alone on the couch, reflecting the events that happened earlier. Phoenix Dawn was a bad girl, okay, she thought to herself. So she deserved to be kidnapped.

Then, she remembered the words of Princess Celestia and her mother. Yes, any bad one should deserve a second chance if they’re willing to repent and change. She remembered her incident with Pixie Dust. Well, she did change, with a little bit of advice and friendship. Friendship is magic, after all. But is Phoenix willing to change once rescued? She thought hard. It was a hard decision and she might meet objections by the others.

Sunset Shimmer was upstairs, weeping and talking on the phone. The police had called to ask her everything about her daughter. Melody went upstairs, and found that Sunset was still talking.

“Yes, I know that. What? Oh, you see, Phoenix Dawn was a bad student in my school, bullying everybody else almost every day and all of us have to keep an eye on her. I know, listen to me. Even if she’s a bully, and even if everyone hates her, whatever she does, she’s still my daughter, and I love her. Please, do something…”

After a long pause, Sunset said, “OK then, thanks. Please be quick.”

As Sunset ended the call, Melody entered.

“Melody,” began Sunset. “You need to help me.”

“Help you? How?”

“Help me find a way to save Phoenix,” she replied. “I know, all she does impresses me nothing every day, but no matter what, she’s still my daughter, and I still love her, even though she never gave me a gift every Mother’s Day.”

“Did you tell Mom about this?” Melody proceeded to ask further.

“I did, and I’m now waiting for her reply.”

“But will she change if rescued?”

Sunset paused, then she spoke. “I don’t know how to say for this. She has to answer it if we can get her back…”

“I’ll try. Give me a night for me to think,” she said and left Sunset in her room to calm herself.

At Madam Myra’s headquarters…

“Let me go, let me go! I want to be with my mom!” A panicked Phoenix Dawn tried to struggle free as the men escorted her to a room. It was when a woman, with dark olive green hair, dark scarlet eyes, her mouth coated with dark purple lipstick, dressed in an evil way approached her.

“At last, you have arrived. I’ve been expecting you,” began the woman.

“Who are you? Why are you looking for me?”

“I’m Madam Myra,” the woman introduced. “I’ve found out myself that I’m short of staff, and you seem to be the perfect choice for me. Would you like to take a tour around my workplace?”

Before Phoenix could answer, her henchmen, still holding onto her, escorted her, following Madam Myra.

Myra led her to a floor, to which Phoenix was shocked at the sight of the scene. Right in front of her, was a person, tied to a medical recliner was struggling to free himself while her other henchmen were surrounding him!

“I’m in a quest to conquer this world,” she explained to her. “By infecting them with a virus which they’ll suffocate and die within minutes! But, I need to make it look like a vaccine, so that I can safely smuggle it into clinics and hospitals. At that time, chaos will happen upon the patients, and once the authorities have discovered what’s wrong with that fake vaccine, they’ll definitely look for me and wanted me to refund, but at that time, I’ll be using the money I’ve got to escape to somewhere and keep on infecting elsewhere, and my quest to dominate the world is complete!”

Phoenix listened to Myra’s story, with her heart filled with horror. She watched as the victim writhed with agony just after the virus was injected, then lay motionless. At the other side, she could see another victim being injected with a fluid, who went in agony at first, then he felt himself like an idiot.

“Are you in for my project, darling?” she asked him.

“Yes, Madam. I’m always ready!” the victim responded, rather crazily and retarded.

“So, would you like to help me in my evil project?” she turned to Phoenix.

Feeling nauseated and horrified by everything before her eyes, Phoenix struggled to break herself free.

“No, I’m not going to work for you!” she cried. “I want my mother and I will call the police!”

“Too bad. The police will never ever know what I’m doing,” Myra replied as Phoenix successfully broke free and ran away. “Boys, go get her.”

As Phoenix ran down the corridor, trying to find the exit, she had to face several more of her henchmen, blocking her way to escape. She suffered heavy blows to various parts of her body, some to the point of bruising or even bleeding. Soon she became exhausted, but she was still relentless.

Then, without warning, a henchman, with his own stick whacked Phoenix with a great force that she fell down.

“Ah! My leg!” Phoenix held her left leg. She thought she had heard a crack on her shin.

But before she could ponder anything further, she felt a needle piercing into the back of her neck, then slowly went unconscious.

Then, Madam Myra arrived, looking at her latest victim.

“If she doesn’t want to be my slave,” she sniggered. “Then I might as well make her my final test subject. Now that I’ve succeeded one, time to use her as a confirmation test! Mwahahahaha…”