• Published 25th May 2015
  • 464 Views, 0 Comments

Melody's Adventures in CHS - NgKQ



Melody Aurora enters the human world, attempting to follow her mother's hoofsteps in connecting the magic of friendship!

  • ...
4
 0
 464

Chapter 1

It was one peaceful evening in Ponyville. Princess Melody Aurora was returning home after a lovely date with her coltfriend Chaos Control. Three months have passed since the defeat of Queen Myra and the great celebration in Canterlot. Now, it was a time of peace in Equestria.

Twilight Sparkle was waiting for her at the castle door.

“Welcome back home, Melody,” greeted Twilight. “So how was your date?”

“Pretty nice,” she replied, smiling. “We’ve managed to help somepony in distress today!”

“Very good. I’d love to see you two cooperate.”

As both entered the hallway, Melody saw some decorations at the corner, with Spike arranging them.

“Mom, what are those things?”

“That,” she began. “Are presents brought over by an old friend of mine.”

“Who’s that?” Melody gasped excitedly.

“Let’s talk about that during dinner.”

During dinner, Melody asked again.

“So, who was that old friend?”

“Her name is Sunset Shimmer, one of Princess Celestia’s old students.”

“Princess Celestia’s student? Does that mean that you’re her classmate?” she asked excitedly.

“Nah-nah, way out of the box. She was her student before me, but she was quite rude, selfish and dishonest, so she escaped.”

“Escaped? To where?”

“For that, I’ll show you…”

Right after dinner, Twilight led Melody to the library. There, she showed her a large mirror, in the style of a horseshoe.

“A mirror? But it looks so normal,” said Melody.

“This isn’t any ordinary mirror, Melody,” explained Twilight. “This is a portal that leads to another world, and that’s where Sunset Shimmer’s living now. It opens once every thirty moons, and for this reason, we won’t get to meet Sunset Shimmer often.”

“But… what’s in that world?”

“It was horrible,” described Spike. “Back when Sunset stole the Element of Magic, we went through that mirror to get it back, and upon arrival, Twilight turned into some kind of creature I couldn’t even know how to name it, and for me, I was a dog.”

“Really, Spike?” cried Melody with shock and disbelief.

“He’s right,” agreed Twilight. “I wasn’t able to suit myself in that form, and I was nervous.”

“So, did you all get back the Element of Magic?”

“Thankfully, I’ve met my friends who are exactly the same as our world here, and we managed to get it back and teach Sunset Shimmer a good lesson.”

“That’s amazing…” beamed Melody. “Will we enter it one day?”

“Of course, we will,” replied Twilight. “I can make the portal open at anytime, but it’s kinda uh, tedious. So let’s pick another time!”

“Okay then. I can’t really wait to see Sunset Shimmer, too!” she said excitedly. “But hey, uh, what did Sunset find you today?”

“Oh, you’ve got me reminded,” said Twilight. “Well, this wasn’t the first time Sunset visited me. She did visit me several other times, but for this occasion, Sunset wanted to clear out her unneeded items in her house, so she delivered them to me.”

“Did she tell you before that?” she inquired. “I didn’t know she was your old friend and also a visitor.”

“Yep, she did. We did keep in touch through a magical book, the same like how we would write our letters to Princess Celestia often! She’s got a daughter, too, and she wanted to take her to see us as well.”

“Amazing! I have to say this again, I really can’t wait to see her!”

“We will, I will arrange a day. For now, let’s get to our night duties, sweetie.”

“Aww,” she said, hugging her mother.

“My sweet daughter,” chuckled Twilight, smiling with Spike.

A while later, late at night, Melody was deep asleep on her bed, having tired out from all of her day’s activities. Before she slept she left her charm at the side of her bed.

Unbeknown to her, a mysterious figure came out of the crystal mirror in the library. Upon arrival, the figure seemed to steady itself, as it wasn’t suited to the surroundings. After a while, it managed to calm itself, and find its way through.

The figure had difficulty climbing up the stairs so it had to walk slowly. When it reached upstairs, it felt through the doors, looking inside each room.

Upon reaching Melody’s room, the figure looked everywhere, tiptoeing quietly. Suddenly, it noticed her charm. Feeling tempted, it quietly slipped the charm into her pouch. Just as it was leaving, it was leaving excitedly that it couldn’t see where it was going and slammed itself onto the door.

“Who’s that!?” Melody, jolted by the sudden crash woke up and switched on the room light. There, standing across the room, was a light orange, chrome orange-haired unicorn mare. She had a flaming phoenix wing as a cutie mark.

“You… caught… me…” the unicorn spoke.

Melody looked at her side. “My charm!” she cried. “You stole my charm!”

Busted, the unicorn went out of the room, with Melody on pursuit.

“Give me back my charm!”

As the chase passed Twilight’s room, Twilight, who happened to hear her daughter’s cries opened the door to see them running.

“Melody, what’s going on!?” Twilight asked and followed.

Upon reaching the stairs, the unicorn, suddenly realized that it couldn’t go down fast, abruptly stopped. That gave Melody the chance to pounce on her, sending both of them into a tumble down to the hall.

As they landed, the charm dropped out of the unicorn’s pouch. The unicorn got up first, picked up the charm and hurried all her way back to the library. Melody, still relentless, followed her…

… until the crystal mirror.

“Sorry, but I’ll see what I can do with that… Princess!” The unicorn leapt into the mirror and disappeared, much to her shock.

Melody tried to follow her, but instead bumped into a wall of glass. The portal had closed, right after the unicorn had passed through it!

Twilight arrived in time to see Melody standing ashen-faced and in shock in front of the mirror.

“Melody, what’s going on just now?” she asked, rather concerned.

“That unicorn… she stole my charm and went through the mirror before I can chase her!”

Those words reminded Twilight on the moment when her crown was stolen by Sunset Shimmer.

“Tell me, how does the unicorn look like?”

“I don’t know really, but all I know is that she’s light orange…”

“Light orange…” Twilight pondered. No, no way, she thought. She couldn’t be Sunset Shimmer. Sunset Shimmer’s already good now, so who could that unicorn be?

“Don’t worry, Melody,” Twilight said at last. “I know a way to open back the portal.”

“Really!?”

“Of course I know! Meet me here in the morning.”

But Melody still felt uncomfortable. “But… I’m not feeling easy, without my charm…”

“Don’t fear,” Twilight patted her neck. “You can still get it back. Let’s go back to bed now. I’ll be sorting out next morning.”

Melody went back, still unsure. All night long she couldn’t sleep well and kept thinking about her charm.

As the morning sun rose across Equestria, Melody, slowly gathering strength, crawled out of her bed after a sleepless night. It had been a hard one for her, let alone losing an element of protection.

Melody went down to the library to find her mother.

“Mom, are you… what!?” She was wide-eyed to find her mother, modifying the mirror by adding extra equipment onto it. “What are you doing?”

“There. All done,” began Twilight. “This is what you do when the portal is closed when 30 moons is over.”

“How?” she asked, puzzled.

“Simple. Sunset can communicate with me using magic from the mirror world to me using a book Princess Celestia previously left her. By using the same theory, I can open up the portal, using this!”

With that, Twilight inserted the magical book at the top of the mirror. Surprisingly, the mirror looked as if it came to life. In no time, the crystal mirror’s portal was reactivated.

Melody watched the whole process in awe.

“Now then,” said Twilight. “Get into the portal.”

“Are you coming?”

“Uh, unfortunately, no. I need to see Princess Celestia for some affairs today.”

Melody was dismayed. “H-how am I supposed to get the charm back without you?”

“Look, Melody,” advised Twilight calmly. “I’ve been into the portal several times, and all the while I’ve been linking the two worlds using the spirit of friendship. You are to enter this world not only to get back your charm, but make some new friends there.”

“How long am I supposed to live there? And how are you going to tell my friends and everypony about this?” Her mind was still spinning.

“Keep calm, dear,” continued Twilight. “I will inform Princess Celestia and everypony on what you’re doing, and I’ll be writing to Sunset Shimmer so that she can keep track on you. You are to stay as long as I’ll be here to bring you home.”

As Melody was still pondering, Twilight went over and hugged her. “It’s okay. No matter where you go, or no matter what you do, you’re still my daughter. I’ll be your guide with Sunset Shimmer.”

Touched, Melody hugged her back with tears. “Th-thank you…!”

“So, what are you waiting for? Get your adventure started now!”

Turning to the mirror, Melody steadied herself, took a deep breath, and charged right into the mirror and was gone.

At first, it seemed fine. But a while later, Melody could feel mysterious forces acting on her on all directions.

“Whoa, whoa, ahh…” she screamed within the dimension before everything around her went black…