• Published 25th May 2015
  • 465 Views, 0 Comments

Melody's Adventures in CHS - NgKQ



Melody Aurora enters the human world, attempting to follow her mother's hoofsteps in connecting the magic of friendship!

  • ...
4
 0
 465

Chapter 8

Author's Note:

Sorry for posting this chapter rather late. I was so busy and I had minor writer's block in this chapter.

Well anyhow, I think a song should be played if this was made into a film lol...

That night, at the mysterious building…

… or to say, Madam Myra’s headquarters…

Madam Myra was invigilating her personal laboratory, examining the chemicals, cultures and the specimens. In all of them she was pleased with her results.

Then one of her henchmen came in, with a weary face.

“Failed again, I suppose?”

“Almost, or more like almost succeeded. Our 97th victim died 5 hours after the virus is injected into his body. Maybe if we can later the virus more, we can let the victim die in a matter of minutes. For this we need to disguise it to look like a vaccine.”

“Very well, keep it going.” She returned to her desk, looked at her map and stared at where Canterlot High School was. “I think it’s time that I find someone from this site. After all, I haven’t explored that site. Time to find a way to get somebody there…”

For the next few days, Melody Aurora was having fun socializing with her friends. She went to Pinkie Pie’s bakery and tried out her delicacies. She helped out Applejack and Niku at their farm. Platinum Royale and Rarity helped to design her an elusive dress and she tried out at a hair salon Prudence Aura was training. Greenie Hats gladly taught her on playing sports. She even had a slumber party with her friends at Pinkie’s house!

Even Phoenix Dawn was glad when Melody was away for the slumber party!

“How quiet it was,” she spoke. “Without her by my side almost every day!”

“Not as quiet as you who doesn’t have a true friend,” snapped Sunset Shimmer back. “Who would invite a bully like you?”

“Hmph!” she huffed, annoyed at her mother’s response.

In all, two weeks have passed since her stay in the human world. She was enjoying herself, but sometimes, she felt homesick.

“Missing home already?” Sunset asked her one night.

“Yeah, I am. I kinda miss my friends back in Equestria.”

Sunset assured her. “I miss them more than you do actually, especially your mother and Princess Celestia. I always wanted to say that I’m sorry to Princess Celestia whenever I meet her.”

“She’s always waiting for you,” Melody replied. “She has already forgiven you the time you met her isn’t it?”

“I know, yet there are still a few more apologies I have to make up. Perhaps I need to find another time…”

One afternoon, at the library, Chaos and Melody were looking for their books.

“So, you’ve been frequenting this library almost every day, huh?” he asked.

“I err… guess so,” she replied. “I need to know about all the books in this place. You know, I got myself a big library back in my castle, so I want to see the differences…”

“Oh, your mom’s a princess and a librarian?”

“Well, she learned under her ruler, and she read lots of books. So she had a library at my hometown, but it was destroyed, and she’s got a new one in my castle. We also arrange the books there every day.”

“Aha, it seems that your world has some common with our world.”

“Exactly many similar- ahh!” She cried as the book she picked fell onto the floor.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get it for you.” Chaos descended from the ladder. Melody quickly followed.

Just as they reached the ground, both of them reached to touch the book at the same time, and at that moment, their hands came in contact with each other.

Both of them looked at each other, blushed. Melody quickly retreated her hand.

“I-I got this… strange feeling…” stammered Melody, shocked from the sudden reaction.

“What is it?”

“It… it feels like I-I…” Melody tried to confess, but was too afraid to speak.

“You like me?” Chaos finished for her.

Melody was taken aback. Chaos somehow had read her mind. She liked him! But then, she remembered the Chaos back in her world. That Chaos loved her deeply. She couldn’t just dump him and love the other him in his world…

“Um, actually,” she admitted. “I… already have my own lover… in my world…”

She hung her head, thinking Chaos would be angry for that.

But Chaos wasn’t at all mad. He held her face. “Go and love him,” he told her. “Love the one in your world. Don’t care about me. I can find someone else. Marry him, and have a nice family…”

“Marry? But I’m still too young…”

“You won’t be any more in a few years’ time. Does that make sense?”

Melody nodded, seemingly accepted what he said.

Then, she remembered the famous villain haunting the entire city.

“Um, Chaos, just to ask you…”

“What is it?”

“Do you happen to know some villain, by the name of Myra?”

Chaos pondered hard. “Well, I sort of heard about her, from Mom. She’s a dangerous villain isn’t it?”

“Did she tell you everything about her?”

“Not that much. All I know is that she’s dangerous and mad, that’s all. Where did you learn about her?”

“Sunset Shimmer told me about her. Say uh, how about searching about her?”

“Good thing. I’m interested to know more about her, too.”

So the two of them headed to the computer desks, and immediately searched up for the supervillain.

“I wanted to know what’s the background behind her.”

“According to Sunset, it’s rumored that she’s responsible for those kidnapping cases lately!”

“Seriously? I didn’t know that.”

They soon found a website detailing about Madam Myra.

“Alright then, let’s enter it and see what it says,” directed Chaos.

Melody clicked on it and the first thing she saw was an artist’s impression of the true face of Madam Myra, which greatly gave her horrors.

“Calm down, let’s read on,” he assured her.

So the both of them read on:

Born Miranda Jenners, Madam Myra is well-known as the greatest criminal in all of Canterlot City. She was born into a well-known rich family in the city. As an only girl, she was spoiled and pampered, and was infamous in primary and junior high school as a rude girl, and also a bully, and even played truant. She was eventually expelled in junior high due to cheating in a test, and eventually became a dropout.

As her parents were extremely busy businesspeople, they could not get to see Myra often, so they never know anything that happened to their daughter. They eventually died in a plane crash during a business trip, which Myra did not know because she had already joined a gang in committing crimes around the city.

“So Myra was also a bully?” asked Chaos.

“Man, Phoenix Dawn’s fate would likely be like her!” cried Melody as they continued to read on:

For many years, she committed crimes alongside her gang members, robbing banks, pickpocketing and committing burglaries. She even learnt to handle guns and rifles, and therefore was always armed at a crime scene.

It was believed that she spent all of the loot accumulated all through the years to start a very dangerous business which she claims to “take over the city and all over the world”. Even until now, she continues to commit many criminal cases, but was never arrested so far because she would change her appearance after every committed crime, thus earning her nickname, “The Morphing Woman”.

Rumor has it that she began to experiment on a deadly virus that has the potential to wipe out the entire mankind. It was speculated that the previous kidnapping cases and people gone missing which until now was never solved so far was linked to her mad project, because the victims might have been used as her test subjects. However, no one has been able to prove this evidence, as most of these cases happened too quickly or without leaving traces, and eyewitnesses who were at the crime scenes claimed that Myra’s henchmen deployed used various techniques to prevent other eyewitnesses nearby from exposing the plot, such as knocking out or killing the subject as well. As such, little or no evidence is provided for these cases. Her exact location is also unknown either, as she was claimed to use vehicles hijacked from elsewhere before using them in kidnapping or disappearing cases before it was being presumably scrapped, out of anyone’s guesses.

The authorities have offered a reward up to ten million dollars to anyone who was able to successfully expose and foil Myra’s plot, but no one has succeeded so far due to these circumstances. Only time will tell when will Myra’s evil acts come to an end…

“10 million dollars, huh?” asked Chaos once he finished reading the article.

“Looks like Sunset Shimmer’s not the only one who’s thinking so!” said Melody.

“Come to think of it,” continued Chaos. “We did really make a buzz on her when a disappearance or kidnapping incident happens! Even my mom told us stories about her, dozens of times already!”

“Has anyone in this school been kidnapped?”

“So far, so good, no one in this school has been abducted. But our principal has reminded us to be alert for suspicious people here!”

“Whoa…”

Later that night, Melody was trying to sleep in the living room, but still, the feeling of homesickness got over her again.

“Oh, dear…” she moaned. “I miss you all so much, everypony. I’m just wondering whether you all are doing fine…”

A few more thoughts on her family, her friends and Princess Celestia soon made her doze off.

“Melody? Melody!” Suddenly, she heard Spike’s voice.

“… Spike?” Melody opened her eyes, only to find herself…

“Is this my room?” she looked around with surprise. “I’m back in Equestria?”

She checked her body, but instead of expecting a hoof…

… all she saw was her hands!

“Huh? But I’m in Equestria! How could I…”

“Melody, are you-” Before Spike could finish, both of them were staring face to face at each other, speechless.

“Y-you…”

“Spike, listen…”

“TWILIGHT!” Spike screamed as he went out of the room, looking panicked.

“Spike, what’s going on?” Twilight called from downstairs.

“Wait up!” Melody jumped down from her bed, trying to chase him to the hallway.

“Spike, what happened?” Twilight asked from the main hall.

“I-I’ve got no idea how Melody looks like now!”

“Mom, Mom!” Melody reached the hallway.

“Melody!” Twilight saw her. “You’re… you’re…”

“Mom, you’ve got to listen to me!”

“Listen, Melody. I’m taking you to Princess Celestia right now. She’ll find a way to turn you back into pony.”

Melody shuddered at the thought of meeting Princess Celestia. She imagined walking past everypony, and them screaming at the sight of an unknown creature in Equestria. What’s worse, she even feared that Princess Celestia will reject such being in Equestria.

“No, NOOOOOO!!!” Melody jumped with horror, then, looking around, she found herself in Sunset Shimmer’s living room.

“Thank goodness, it’s just a dream,” Melody sighed with relief. She looked at the clock on the wall. 2.00 am. She lay down on the couch, but she couldn’t sleep again. She feared her nightmare would come back.

“Oh, dear, what am I supposed to think of?” Then she remembered the newspaper cuttings about the death of Flash Sentry of this world, and what she discovered about Madam Myra at school earlier.

“I think I should read about them. Dunno if they’re linked to his death.”

Melody turned on the light of the dining room, then began to read the articles. The first one she picked was the news alert of his death. The headline read “FLASH DRIVE LEAD SINGER AND GUITARIST FOUND DEAD. SINGER DISCOVERED HANGING IN BEDROOM BY NEIGHBOR.”

“Gosh, that was disastrous!” Melody cried and read on.

For the next few cuttings read, there was nothing special. All were detailing about the death of Flash Sentry, and a few articles about his personal life.

“So he really was Sunset’s former boyfriend!” Melody thought to herself. “And how Mom started her relationship with dad?”

Then, at an article, she noticed something that caught her attention.

“What’s that?”

She examined it. It was an article, written by Sunset Shimmer to the paper’s editorial, telling them on her reaction to the death of Flash.

A few days before he died, he came to me at my door. I was surprised because he never even looked for me ever since I broke up with him. He looked tired and weary, saying he wanted to have a chat with me, so I invited him in.

In our conversation, he told me that he was feeling stressed. He told me about a month ago that a person showed him a terrible plan she was working, so horrible that he claims that she could even destroy the whole world with her weapon, and told him to keep this a secret.

At first, it seemed well to him, but he couldn’t take it anymore and he even broke down to tears. He told me that he told his band members about what he had seen, but they didn’t believe him, and they regarded his story as a joke.

I asked him, “Did you tell this to the Rainbooms?” He replied that he did tell them as well because they too noticed his strange change. The Rainbooms told me later that they all believed what he said, although Rainbow Dash was rather skeptical at first.

I proceeded to ask him, “Why did you come and look for me, though we broke up a long time ago?” He replied, “I just wanted to forgive you for spoiling our relationship in the past. Now that you’re good, I believe that you may trust me.” I promised to him that his secret will be kept confidential. He even told me that he wanted to give up on his life now, which shocked me and I responded that he can’t just do that, and he promised me that he’ll try.

A few days later, I came across the news on his death. I didn’t think that he felt himself bursting at the limit and he couldn’t take it anymore so he ended his life. It’s tragic, really. But still, I kept promising that his secret is still safe within me and the rest of the Rainbooms…

“Looks like Sunset Shimmer’s partially true!” Melody said after reading the article. “Though not all of his friends left him tho. He’s still got Sunset Shimmer and her friends, at least. But what’s that secret?”

Then she remembered Sunset’s words about his death.

“Deep in my heart I knew there was a mastermind behind this.”

“Maybe that could be Madam Myra,” she deduced to herself. “She must have shown him what she’s planning to do to this world, and this has made him sick all the while! I think I better tell this more to Chaos in the morning…”