• Published 25th May 2015
  • 464 Views, 0 Comments

Melody's Adventures in CHS - NgKQ



Melody Aurora enters the human world, attempting to follow her mother's hoofsteps in connecting the magic of friendship!

  • ...
4
 0
 464

Chapter 2

For a moment, Melody fell unconscious. She couldn’t feel anything.

A while later, Melody slowly heard voices.

“Who’s that girl?”

“Why is she here?”

“Where did she come from?”

“Ugh… where… am… I?” she muttered, regaining consciousness and opened her eyes.

“She’s getting up!” A voice shouted.

Straightening herself up, Melody tried to reach her hooves…

…only to find that…

Her hooves were now two hands, with five fingers each.

“Huh?” she gasped. She then looked at the rest of her body.

She wasn’t pony anymore.

Her rear hooves were now two legs.

She couldn’t feel her tail, she couldn’t feel her wings and horn, and she didn’t feel herself like a pony.

What’s more, she had gained herself a shirt and skirts, which she hadn’t wore them before she entered the portal.

“AAAAAHHHHH!!!” she screamed, overwhelmed from the change upon her.

“What’s wrong with that girl?”

“Is she crazy?”

“Has she lost her memory?”

“Alright, everybody, settle down. What’s that entire racket?” Suddenly, Melody heard a familiar voice. Emerging out of the crowd was a fine-looking, tan-skinned, blue-eyed teenage boy with a gray T-shirt and khaki pants, with orange hair.

“It’s Chaos Control!”

“What’s going on!?” Chaos demanded. The crowd pointed to Melody.

Melody, still panicked on her new looks, was suddenly arrested by the glimpse of Chaos.

Chaos slowly bent down and approached her.

“Who… are you?” began Chaos. “Are you okay?”

“Um, uh…” stammered Melody, too frightened to speak. “What do I look like?”

“You don’t know who you are!?” he replied with a concerned face. “You’re a human!”

“Human…?” she asked, bewildered.

“Chaos? What’s wrong? And… who’s that?” A gray-skinned, pink and black-haired teenage girl arrived seeing the commotion.

“Beryl, who do you think she is?”

“I’ll handle this,” she spoke to him. Bending down over, Beryl asked her, who was still feeling on her new looks. “Are you okay?”

“I’m… not fine…” she replied weakly. “I don’t even know what I am, and… what’s a ‘human’?”

“Are you from another world?”

Melody was stunned. “How did you know that?”

“Just guessing it,” Beryl winked at her. “I remember my mother told me about somebody from another world who used to visit her and her friends when she was young!”

“Uh… really?”

“And not to mention, we have a staff here who is from another world as well.”

“Who is she?”

“Madam Sunset Shimmer.”

“Sunset Shimmer…?” Melody was taken aback from the name.

“Wait, do you know her?” asked Chaos.

“Well, well, look who’s here?” a voice came out from the crowd. Emerging out was a orange-skinned, amber-haired girl with a dark gray jacket.

“Phoenix, what are you going to do now?” demanded Chaos.

“Oh, yeah?” she sniggered. “Well I saw the commotion, so I came here to see what’s wrong.”

“Does this have to do with your business?” defied Chaos.

“Phoenix? Who is she?” Melody inquired.

“Phoenix Dawn,” replied Beryl, whispering into her ear. “She’s Madam Sunset’s daughter, and she’s infamous in Canterlot High School for being a bully and a meanie.”

“Canterlot High School? When have I heard of it before?”

“Now then, my little friend,” Phoenix turned towards Melody. “I’m not sure if you remember me or I remember you, but, is this what you’re looking for?” She dug her hand into her pocket, and took out something necklace-like, resembling a symbol.

Melody instantly recognized the item.

“My charm! So it was you who stole it! Give me back!” she raged at her, not knowing that she was pointing her fist at her instead of her finger.

“Oh, ho ho, you still don’t know how to do the human way, don’t you?” she jeered. “Catch me if you can!”

“I don’t know what’s this ‘human’ thing all about. Give me back my charm!” To everyone’s amusement, as Phoenix began to run, and instead of getting up and chasing her, she was crawling on her hands and knees!

“That’s not the way to move. You should walk like this,” Beryl immediately helped her up. But still, Melody, still not used to her new looks couldn’t stay still immediately.

“I’ll get you for that!” Melody tried to run on twos, but then tripped and fell after a few steps. She got up, ran, tripped and fell, got up, ran, tripped and fell, again and again.

“Hahaha, useless jerk!” derided Phoenix, sticking her tongue, irritating Melody.

While the others laughed and guffawed the scene, Chaos didn’t look at all happy.

“She’s doing it again,” lamented Chaos.

“I can’t totally believe it! I’ve met somebody again from another world!” Beryl, on the other hand, was excited.

“Yes, but can’t you see that she’s in trouble?” he asked back. “I’m totally not amused with this situation. This must be reported at once!”

“I know that. Phoenix has gone too far already.”

“C’mon! We’ve gotta find somebody to report.”

For the next minute, the chase continued. Soon, Melody was bruised all over on her face, her chest and her knees. Yet Phoenix was relentless.

“Give it up, loser! You’ll never learn how to live in this world!”

“What’s going on now!?” Suddenly, the voice of a teacher boomed out. Standing at the entrance of the school, was a teacher, dressed in black, orange-skinned, red and yellow-haired with cyan eyes, and wore spectacles. She walked towards Phoenix, who was startled by the call.

“Mom!”

“Phoenix Dawn! What are you up to again!!?” she growled at her. “And all of you, what are you all doing? Go back to your classes!”

“But mom, she’s just a useless, handicapped girl! Look at her!”

“Is that so?” The teacher looked at Melody, who was surprised at the presence of a teacher, and also a bully’s mother. Fear triggered over her, as her mind was racing on what the teacher would do to her.

“Madam Sunset!” Chaos and Beryl, who spotted her managed to call her.

“Chaos and Beryl, explain to me what happened.”

“First, I saw this huge crowd gathering at something, which screamed really loud. We then went on to find this girl, who seems to end up in this compound… in a strange way…” said Chaos.

“We asked everything about her. She seemed like she lost her memory, but the next thing I asked her, she was from another world…”

“Another world?” asked Sunset again. She glanced at Melody, still sitting with fear.

“You must be… Melody Aurora?” she asked her.

“I am,” she replied weakly. “You’re… Sunset Shimmer?”

“I knew it was you,” chuckled Sunset. “I knew a lot about you from your mother.”

“Wait, Madam! You know her?” asked Chaos.

“Of course I do! I’ve got a long connection with her mother when I was young.” She turned back to Melody. “Your mother’s name is Twilight Sparkle, if I’m not mistaken?”

“Uh, yes,” she nodded.

“Twilight… Sparkle…” repeated Chaos.

“Oh, I’ve finally remembered now!” said Beryl brightly. “Looks like she’s the one my mom’s talking about! I can’t believe that you’re her daughter.”

“I… am.”

“Now then, Melody,” said Sunset, helping her up. “What brings you here?”

“Well, you see…” Melody related her story to Sunset.

Chaos and Beryl, on the other hand, could not believe what they heard.

“A charm,” said Chaos. “That protects you?”

“It’s a practice,” replied Beryl. “Wearing it makes them believe a good spirit is protecting her.”

“Oh…”

“And now, Phoenix,” Sunset turned back to her daughter. “So you’ve sneaked out of my house in the middle of the night just to steal something that doesn’t belong to you!?”

“But Mom, listen…”

“No buts, return it to her, now!” Sunset demanded.

Reluctantly the brat returned the charm to Melody. Melody graciously took it.

“Thank… you…”

“And off you go! Don’t ever make me see you causing trouble again! I’ve been warning you too many times!”

“Humph!” she groaned unwittingly and scooted off.

“I’m sorry how my daughter treated you,” apologized Sunset. “She’s a headache in this school.”

“It’s okay, Sunset. I was quite confused here. I just don’t know… what I am…”

“Oh, and how about you’ll like it if you two introduce to her as well?”

“Sure thing. I’m Chaos Control.”

“And I’m his twin sister Beryl.”

“Chaos and Beryl…” repeated Melody while attempting to shake hands with them. “Both of you sound like my friends back in my world…”

“Huh?” asked Chaos, bewildered.

“She’s right,” said Sunset. “If you were to go to Melody’s world, and if you don’t change your own selves, you’ll find her friends, who have exactly the same name as you all.”

“So, does that mean that there’s another me in her world?”

“That’s correct.”

“I think we should ask Mom about more…” said Beryl.

“Off you go, you two,” said Sunset to them. “I need to take care of Melody for a little while…”

Sunset went to support Melody who still had difficulty walking on two feet.

“Okay, stay still, don’t panic…” assured Sunset as she helped Melody to the medic room.

At the medic room, Sunset gently applied bandage on all of Melody’s bruises.

“I’m sorry that my daughter has caused trouble to you.”

“It’s… okay. But, anyhow, has my mother told you all about me?”

“Well, I just received her message. I just came at my staffroom desk when my magical book rang, and I knew that Twilight had sent a new message to me. I read from it that you have arrived in Canterlot High, so I went to that statue to check out, and that’s when I saw the commotion.”

“Does Phoenix really causes trouble all over Canterlot High?”

“Well, she does, and I have to lecture her all the while. I guess, my bad traits are hereditary.”

“You have a bad past, don’t you?”

Sunset paused. Then she hung her head with remorse.

“I do,” she said humbly. “I was rude and selfish, and I did not know anything about friendship, and at one point I transformed into a she-demon, terrorizing everyone else. That’s when your mother came and turned me back to normal, and from that point on, I began to regret everything bad I did, and I wouldn’t have been myself today, if not for your mother and my friends.”

“Oh…”

“Well then, feeling better?”

“I… guess so…” she replied, trying to stand up.

“Steady yourself,” supported Sunset. “I know, your mother and I experienced this when we first arrived in this world.”

“I can’t use magic, can’t I?”

“Definitely you can’t, but on certain occasions, me and my friends will grow extra parts.”

“Really? How?”

“Well, only when we sing together as a band. The magic of friendship within us makes us grow these extra parts. That’s the magic left behind by your mother.”

“Pretty interesting…”

“Now then, shall I take you to see the principal and the vice principal?”

“Why?”

“I need to tell them about you, that you’re just a temporary visitor here. Gotta deal with some process, you know.”

“Oh, alright, I’m coming,” she finished, steadily walking out and following Sunset Shimmer.