• Published 25th May 2015
  • 464 Views, 0 Comments

Melody's Adventures in CHS - NgKQ



Melody Aurora enters the human world, attempting to follow her mother's hoofsteps in connecting the magic of friendship!

  • ...
4
 0
 464

Chapter 7

A few days later, on Monday morning.

Melody and her friends were gathered at the auditorium. Pepper Flake had told her previously that she had invited her to the auditorium to watch her band perform.

“So I guess you’re practicing for a specific purpose?”

“Certainly we do,” replied Peanut Butter, tuning his guitar. “We’ve sang lots on parties and celebrations, and even fall formals! And there’s something even more exciting at the end of the year!”

“What is?”

“You know, every end of the year we always have a school prom. There we do all sorts of things, dancing and performing!” explained Thunder Clash. “That’s the way to celebrate the end of our school term!”

“Which reminds me, don’t you have these events back in your world?” asked Prudence Aura.

“Well, we do,” she replied. “We get to celebrate on any joyous occasion, weddings, graduations, all sorts of parties.”

“Good thing your err… ruler’s good enough to throw these celebrations,” commented Raisin Brandy. “I thought you’re living in um… like…”

“Feudal system, Ray,” Chaos finished for him. “Well, my mother and Madam Sunset told me about her world. Her ruler’s a nice one.”

“I see about that.”

“Well then,” announced Pepper. “Are we ready?”

“Time to show Melody how we rock!” replied Pizza Frenzy.

“Go ahead,” approved Melody. “I want to see how you all do.”

“Ready? One, two, three!”

The bad started to perform. Melody watched and enjoyed, and occasionally clapped to the beat.

Several minutes later, the band finished their song. Melody applauded.

“Bravo, bravo!” she praised.

“You want an encore?” asked Chaos.

Before Melody could answer, Honey Drops and Beryl were at the door.

“Um, Pepper Flake,” Honey Drops began. “You’d better come over to your party room right now.”

“What happened?” she shrieked.

“The party room’s in a mess!” replied Beryl.

“WHAT!?” she cried and rushed out.

“Pepper! Wait for us!” Thunder called, and the others followed.

At the party room, the whole scene was a complete mess. Burst balloons and streamers were everywhere, with food stains spilled on the floor.

“No, NO! I can’t believe this!” Peanut held his head.

“Awful,” moaned Prudence.

“I don’t think I need to think long who’s the culprit. It must be Phoenix!” deduced Thunder Clash.

“Seriously? Do you really know that it’s her?” asked Melody.

“Of course it’s her again! Or else it’s somebody who likes to make trouble?”

“I don’t really think you should jump to conclusions like that. For a case like this we need to investigate everything,” explained Melody.

“If the culprit isn’t Phoenix Dawn, then who else?” asked Chaos.

“We need to ask everyone,” said Honey Drops. “Or perhaps we might check through all the cameras.”

“There are cameras… everywhere?”

“Of course! This is a security feature of the school,” replied Chaos. “If anyone’s in trouble we can get into the school’s computers and check out what’s going on.” He pointed to a black, semi-circular shaped item on the ceiling. “There, it records all the time. Whatever we do, we’ll be seen through the computers.”

“Oh, I see about it.”

“So, do we need to go and find out now?” asked Peanut.

“Well then, let’s go.”

Just as they stepped out of the room, they met an anxious Greenie Hats, with a worry-looking Malinae.

“Greenie Hats? What are you doing here?” Chaos asked. Then he looked at the stains on Greenie’s clothes. “Wait, did you just-”

“Don’t report, it was me, it was me!” Greenie admitted.

“You?” asked Pepper inquisitively. “How are you so sure it was you?”

“You see,” Malinae began to explain. “Greenie Hats said that she wanted to take me for a treat but she was broke, so then we went into the party room. She then started to tell me all sorts of stories that she forgot where she was, and then she suddenly messed up everything! Please, don’t tell Mommy, or Madam Rainbow Dash, or-”

“Calm down, calm down Malinae,” said Melody. She turned to Greenie. “Greenie Hats, are you sure you’re the one who made all of this mess?”

“It was me,” she confessed. “I was telling her the time I was performing my epic soccer moves but then… oh…”

“Alright now, that’s it,” said Chaos at last. “So Greenie, you’re the one who made this mess?”

“Yes. How could that goddamn Phoenix Dawn get in there!? I thought you guys warned her already!”

“Oh, yeah,” said Pizza with realization. “She did mess with our stuff once, and kept denying until we’ve seen the cameras. As a result the school made her the school janitor for a week.”

“Eww,” exclaimed Melody.

“Well then, now that you’ve admitted, your only punishment is to clean up this whole mess, all by yourself! Is that clear?” asked Peanut.

“Yes, yes, I get it! I’ll take this responsibility!”

“What about me?” asked Malinae innocently, with glittering eyes seeking sympathy.

“You? You don’t have to,” Peanut replied. “You’ll just go back and do whatever you like.”

“Um, okay.”

“You’re just too innocent, aren’t you, Malinae?” asked Melody. She just let out a smile.

“Okay then, let’s go to the cafeteria!” announced Pepper, and they all left, leaving Melody and Chaos behind.

“You guys really are all sorts of stuff,” said Melody.

“Well, we’ve got lots,” replied Chaos. “Come with me to the cafeteria and we’ll talk more.”

“Okay,” she said and they went together.

Meanwhile, back in Equestria…

“So that’s the mirror she went through?” asked pony Pepper Flake.

“It doesn’t look anything… special,” added Platinum Royale.

“It does look normal,” said Twilight Sparkle. “But only it’s something totally different when there’s magic on it.”

“Magic? Like how?” asked Chaos.

“I got a book about it. Interested? I’ll leave it right here. Take your time to read it. Orion Galaxy will guide you all through everything,” Twilight said and left the book on the crystal mirror on the table.

“Can’t really believe that this mirror’s got special powers! I really wanna get through this!” said Greenie Hats.

“Hold it,” said Orion. “Nopony else can enter this mirror, except Mom and Melody.”

“Why, Big Brother Orion?” asked Thunder Clash.

“Princess Celestia said that it would upset the balance between worlds!” he explained. “Which has once happened when she was meeting King Sombra in an alternate universe!”

“Scary…” moaned Pizza Frenzy.

“But if Mom and Melody can get through this mirror,” Orion looked at it again. “Maybe I can get through as well. I wondered how was her world like. Just looking at that magical book wasn’t enough to know everything.” He let out a sigh. “Man, I miss Melody now. I just hope that she’s alright over there…”

Chaos went over and patted him. “I know how you feel, dude. Even we’re feeling that something’s missing when she’s away. Hope she can come back soon.”

“I agree,” said Bloodthirst. “But it’s difficult to tell when she’ll return. Princess Twilight said that she needs to learn friendship there.”

“Well anyway,” said Pepper Flake. “Why don’t we’ll all go over to Sugarcube corner now? Pound and Pumpkin Cake promised us that they’ve got some special treats today!”

“Is that so? Then I’m coming!” said Raisin, and they all left, leaving Orion and Chaos behind.

“We’ll just hope that she stays alright there,” said Chaos.

“I feel so, too. Let’s go anyway.”

Author's Note:

I wanted Pizza and Thunder to be the culprit for making the whole mess in the party room, but then realized that they're performing, so yeah