• Published 1st Jun 2015
  • 4,669 Views, 91 Comments

Equestria Girls: Friendship Makes Magic - ImNoPony



An alternate tale of Equestria Girls where Twilight never went through the portal and her human conterpart was the one who saves the school

  • ...
39
 91
 4,669

Chapter 7- Help Twilight Win The Crown

With whatever time they had left, Twilight and her newly christened friends was trying their best to connive as many students as they can to vote for her. But with the bell to declare the end of lunch, they only have a few hours left before the school day ends.

As they were heading towards their next class, Applejack intercepted a pair of girls and tried to talk to them. "Hey! Can I tell you about a gal of mine called Twilight Sparkle" she asked them, hoping to get their interest.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash was already talking to a couple of guys she know while they were running laps in P.E. She told them: "First of: Forget about that video about her that everybody is talking about. It isn't cool."

Elsewhere, Rarity was having a similar conversation to the person next to her while they were painting in art class. "Not only it is a cruel act on Sunset's part, but it's something that Twilight doesn't deserve." Rarity told him; before she notices that he was more focus on his painting then listening to her. "A-Hem!" she sounded, forcing him to pay attention to her.

And at a different part of the school, Pinkie was trying to do a big presentation in the hallway with Fluttershy acting as an assistant. With a non-electric megaphone, Pinkie cries out to all the students who were passing by: "Twilight Sparkle Is The Smartest, Most Best-est Fall Formal Princess Ever! Please Vote For Her!"

Before Fluttershy could hand one guy a campaign button, he stopped her to her surprise. "Hang-on!? Aren't you the girls who hate each other or something?"

Fluttershy was about to respond until Pinkie put an arm around her and answer the question for her. "We are, until Twilight came around and help fix up all of our problems. We're Besties Again!" Fluttershy then cheerfully nodes.

The guy was taken aback by the explanation and even looked a little bit impressed, but he still declines the button. "Sorry, but there is no way I'm voting against Sunset Shimmer."

Back with Rainbow Dash's class who was doing sit-ups, the guys that Rainbow asked had gave a similar response. "Are You Kidding Me!" Rainbow yelled out in frustration. "You're letting a scrawny girl like Sunset push you around?"

However, one of the guys explains: "You don't get it. She has got blackmail material on us."

And then to Rarity's class, the guy she asked added: "And besides: I don't know enough about this new girl to feel comfortable to vote for her. I mean, what can she do to protect me from Sunset? But if there's any consolation..."

“… We’ll forget about the video" the girls replied before walking away from a disappointed Applejack.

_ _ _ _ _

Sometime later, school was declared done for the day and Twilight's second day at Canterlot was over. Twilight and her friends agreed to meet afterschool at a place which Pinkie works part time at: Sugar Cube Corner, a nice little café that isn't too far from school. Once they made themselves comfortable at one of the tables, Twilight wanted to know how much progress her and her friends had made. But despite not setting her expectations very high, she was still surprised to learn how little they made.

"What Do You Mean They Didn't Want To Vote For Me!?" Twilight cried out.

"Sorry Twilight, but they said they were too scared to vote against Sunset" Applejack replied and wanting her to calm down.

Depressingly, she asks them: "So... nobody is on our side?"

"Not Nobody Twilight!" Fluttershy answered. "The people who commented on your video agreed to vote for you."

Even though everyone knows that isn't a lot, but it's better than nothing and it stopped Twilight from panicking. Twilight then turns to Rarity and asks her: "Did you try to use Spike on a few people?"

Unfortunately, Rarity replied: "I've tried Twilight, but whenever I did, he would just do googly eyes at me." She then picks him up and shows everyone how love-struck Spike is towards her.

After Twilight face-palmed herself and was about to fall back into a depression, Rainbow Dash told her: "Hey, it's not our fault Twilight. Sunset just has everyone under her little fingers."

"And I'm not blaming you" Twilight told her. "But we only have one more day to change everybody's minds. What can we do to stop their fears of Sunset?"

Despite how difficult it was, everyone buckled down and began thinking really hard on a solution. Moments later, Rainbow came up with a vague idea. "We just need to show them that they're not alone" she thought out loud. "If we can show them that there are more people on Twilight's side then Sunset's, they won't feel too terrified to vote against her."

Everyone took a second before responding, giving enough time for Rainbow to doubt her answer. However, Twilight told her: "That's actually not a bad idea."

"Really!?" Rainbow asked, sounding surprised.

Twilight explains: "Yeah! If we can convince a really big group at once, then everyone else will sure to follow."

Wanting to contribute, Rarity added: "And I have something that can help with that." She then scavenges around her handbag until she brought out fake ears and tails. "Do you all remember these?" she asked them.

Instantly recognizing them, Pinkie jumps up and says: "I Remember Them! We help gave them out to everyone at Dashie's big soccer game in freshmen year."

"Exactly!" Rarity replies. "I thought I ripped some up and hope they will help. Not only will it show school spirit, but it will also show people that we're united for a common cause: to help Twilight."

She then gave a pair to everyone around the table and they eagerly put them on. However, as Twilight saw them with horse ears and tails, she couldn't help but to remember her weird vision. Secretly, she whispered to Spike: "Great, more pony stuff". Spike just shrugs confusingly with a vague understanding.

As Rarity was about to give Twilight her pair, she tried to decline and got up from her chair. "He he... I'll go get everyone drinks while you all think up a way on how we distribute these to everyone else."

Distracted, everyone yells out what drinks they want. "Oh! I would like a cappuccino" replied Rarity.

Pinkie eagerly shouted: "Oooh! I Want A Smoothie Please!"

Fluttershy told her: "Just juice for me thanks you."

Rainbow Dash yells out: "Bring Back Some Soda For Me!"

"Apple cider is fine for me" Applejack added.

And as Twilight was about to gladly get their drinks, Pinkie yells to her: "And You Can Put It on My Employees Discount!" Twilight then secretly chuckles as she leaves.

But then, as the girls were discussing what they're going to do, Flash Sentry entered the café in search for a quick snack. As he was about to head for the counter, he quickly spotted Twilight who was giving Mrs. Cake her order. Surprised and glad to see her, he quietly walks over and wants to talk to her.

But when he reached her, Twilight had already got the tray with all of her friend’s drinks. And as she walks backwards from the counter, she accidently collides into Flash. "AH!" Twilight shirked. She was so startled that she dropped the tray, but Mrs. Cake Fortunately caught it and avoided from having to clean a mess. When Twilight turn around to see, she became surprised when she see who it was yells: "Flash!"

"Hi Twilight" greeted Flash as he rub his nose.

Quickly deducing how his nose got bangs, Twilight was quick to apologize. "Oh I'm so sorry. Are you ok?"

"Nah, I'm ok. Believe or not, I get worst bruises then this" he replied. "But anyway, I have been looking all over for you."

"You have?" Twilight responded.

"Yeah. I saw that video of you online. Don't worry Twilight; I'll make sure everybody will forget about it."

After hearing what he she just said, Twilight chuckled by Flash's slow update. "Um... Thanks Flash, but me and my friends had already sorted it out."

"WHAT!" he replied. Hiding his disappointment for not helping her, Flash says to Twilight: "Well um... that's great."

"Thanks" she replied, feeling a bit awkward and pity for Flash Sentry. Wanting to change the subject, she asked him: "Well... did you find that pick of yours?"

"... Sort of" he replied, which means he couldn't find it and Twilight found unsurprising.

When the conversation became too awkward for either of them to bear, Twilight picked up the tray of drinks and told Flash: "Well Flash, it's been nice talking to you, but have to get these drinks to my friends."

"Oh, ok. I let you go do that... If you need any assistance, I'm happy to lend a hand."

"I let you know if I need to" she replied. As the two finally part ways, Twilight was glad that the conversation was over and breathe a sigh of relief.

When she returns to her friends with all the drinks, Twilight says cheerfully to everyone: "I'm Back! Did anyone come up with good ideas?"

However, as she put the drinks on the table, she notices that her friends were giving her some weird looks. Rarity was smirking at Twilight and looking like she's proud of her, Applejack and Rainbow Dash looked like they're on the verge of laughter, Fluttershy was giving her a small smile and Pinkie was twirling around a flashlight. Confused, Twilight was forced to ask: "What? What is it?"

"Come now Twilight, we saw everything" Rarity replied.

"You saw what exactly!?" Twilight asked them loudly.

While everyone else still like to be cryptic, Pinkie Pie admits: "We saw you over there talking with Flash Sentry and we think you two look good together."

When she heard the explanation, Twilight face palmed herself in frustration. She yells to all of them: "Look; he just some guy that I met yesterday... and just that."

""And just that?" Darling, anyone could tell that he has a thing for you" Rarity rebutted.

Twilight then stated: "I know he has a thing for me... but it's completely one-sided."

"What! I'm Shocked!" Rarity replied. "If it were me, I wouldn't mind going out with a guy like Flash Sentry. But then again, I'm not sure Sunset would be happy if anybody is going out with Flash at the moment."

"And why's that?" asked Twilight.

Rarity explains: "Sunset and Flash use to be an item until I heard they broke up."

"Really!" Twilight responded. And then, with Sunset in her brain, she sarcastically remark: "Maybe they're still together and he's been spying on me all this time?"

Everyone knew she wasn’t being serious, but they all decide to humour the thought and began spying on Flash. After they saw Flash buying a bag full of cupcakes, he began walking towards the exit. When notice the girls looking at him, he decided to wave to them. But as they were waving back, Flash then walked right into the door frame. As he stumbles out of the café, the girls turn back towards each other and they all say: "NAH!" before they began to laugh.

Once they all calm down, Rarity remarks: "But seriously Twilight, I can't understand why you're not at least a little bit interested in him?"

She replied: "Simple: I don't know enough about him to be interested in going out with him."

"Well he certainly know how to present himself" Rarity rebutted.

"I'm not that charmed by his good looks" Twilight said back to her.

"Well I heard he's pretty good on the guitar" Fluttershy added.

"Hey Yeah!" Pinkie Pie remarked. "Flash and his band played for a lot of school events and they know how to Rock The Crowd!" She then began shaking her hair wildly with load rock music playing in her head.

As Pinkie was now the one to get weird looks from her friends, something popped inside Rarity’s head. "I GOT IT!" she yelled to everyone as she snapped her fingers. Grabbing all of their attentions, she told everyone: "We'll Perform Our Own Concert!"

"What?" AJ responded as she looked as confused as everybody else.

Rainbow Dash explains: "We'll perform our own concert in front of everybody and convince them to vote for Twilight as we sing. If we work hard enough, we can get to be on our side. We show our school spirit, show everybody how amazing Twilight is and show Sunset who's she is dealing with."

Everyone took a second to think about it and realized that they quite like the idea. "That actually sounds like good idea" Twilight admitted as she thinks out loud.

Applejack asks: "But where are we going to do it? Remember, we only have one more day to do this."

"Ooh! I Know!" Pinkie yelled out loud as she raised her hand. "How about we do it at lunch? Everyone always go to the cafeteria during lunch time so why not do it there."

"That's an excellent idea Pinkie Pie" complemented Twilight who actually sounds a bit eager.

And then, Rainbow turn to Twilight and says to everyone: "And we already know somebody who can help write a song for us."

Obviously implying Flash Sentry, Twilight groaned in discomfort. But then, an oblivious Fluttershy asks out loud to everyone: "Do you mean me, right?" Grabbing her friend’s attention, a shy Fluttershy says to them: "I mean... I'm happy to write a song if you want me to?"

Eager to not get Flash Sentry involved, Twilight points to Fluttershy and says: "Yes!"

Author's Note:

This was another funny chapter to write. Reviewers and other Brony Anylists complain that even though they might like the song: "Help Twilight Win The Crown", they still say that it was a lazy way for Twilight to get popular. I remember that Silver Quill once said that the Hu-Mane 5 should have used their clique connections and talk to students on one on one. In so, out of spite, I have them do exactly that... but still say that they need to do that dance sequence in cafeteria.

Also, about Flash Sentry. I wanted him to be funny and interesting so other people might like him more. To do that, I thought on giving him the worst of luck. Flash wants to do stuff that can help Twilight, but quickly found out that she had already sorted everything by herself. In a way, I sort of made Flash more pointless then the movie... I don't like that I did that.

Also, in the original chapter, I had Rainbow Dash giving all the good ideas. However, want at least one of those ideas to be from Rarity. She was the one who came up with the school spirit thing in the movie. I think she should still some credit. That... and so she can still be more useful than Flash.