• Published 1st Jun 2015
  • 4,669 Views, 91 Comments

Equestria Girls: Friendship Makes Magic - ImNoPony



An alternate tale of Equestria Girls where Twilight never went through the portal and her human conterpart was the one who saves the school

  • ...
39
 91
 4,669

Chapter 10- What To Wear And What To Do?

That day was a conflicted day for some. When Principals Celestia and Luna found the gym, they were left speechless when the saw that the Fall Formal was completely restored with newer and prettier decorations with a large group of students tired from the hard work. They all say it was because of Twilight and Rarity and how they motivate them to volunteer. The principals congratulate everyone for their hard work and thanked Twilight and her friends for their charity to the school. And just what Sunset Shimmer wanted, Celestia declared that the dance is back on for tonight.

Afterwards, everyone then had to leave so they can be ready for the Fall Formal. Back with Twilight and her friends, they all went to Rarity's store (that she partly owns): Carousel Boutique. Rarity then gave them all dresses to wear and they change in silent. But as they were changing, they all can spot a depressed Twilight, sitting in a corner and hanging her head in shame. They can tell that she was still being hard on herself for letting Spike be captured by Sunset's goons and is probably worried sick. I didn't matter to them if they can relate to her or not, but they can stand seeing Twilight this depressed. Fluttershy walked over to Twilight and tried to comfort her.

"Don't worry Twilight. You'll see Spike again" she says as she put an arm around Twilight.

Even though she wasn't completely cured from her depression, Twilight truly appreciate Fluttershy's support. In fact, she actually felt a lot better just by Fluttershy kind spirit emanating from her. "Thanks Fluttershy" Twilight replied gratefully.

As everyone else got closer towards Twilight, Rainbow Dash yells out load: "I can't believe that Sunset would do an underhanded tactic like that, and do mean underhanded. No Way you should hand that crown over to her."

However, Rarity points out: "Yes, but what are we gunna do? The only we get Spike back is by giving her the crown, and lord know what she might do to him if we don't?"

However, as everyone was about to think over the situation, Twilight thought out loud: "But that isn't just it." When they looked at her in confusion, she got up from her seat and explains: "I mean: we don't know what the crown does or why it is so special? For all we know, keeping the crown is actually a BAD thing and Sunset might know what to do with it."

Even though they didn't want to agree with her, everyone can understand where she's coming from. They are as clueless as Twilight about the crown and don't know what it's capable of. The first person who voices her opinion was Applejack who thought out loud: "Maybe she's right?"

However, Rainbow Dash still wasn't convinced and says back: "Are you serious? Sunset tore us apart, tried to set up Twilight and now she stole her dog. You really think it's a good idea to hand something over to her?"

But then, even though Rainbow Dash was radiating confidence and looking unpersuasive, Fluttershy whispered: "Maybe she was misunderstood?" However, even though she was trying to be quite when voicing her opinion, everyone shot their sights upon her which made her jumped. After getting over the initial startle, Fluttershy gathered up enough courage to softly explain: "What I mean is... even though what she did wasn't very nice, perhaps she had a good reason for all of this."

"A reason... to break us up?" Rainbow sarcastically replied.

Hearing her blunt remark, Fluttershy reiterate: "What I'm trying to say is that maybe there's a side to Sunset that isn't all that terrible."

When everyone was looking at Fluttershy with confused expressions, Twilight supported her and says: "Actually: When I last spoke to Sunset, she became really apologetic when she realized that she mistook me for someone else, supposedly. I know I could be wrong, but I don't think she was faking it."

Applejack asked her: "So... are you going to hand it over?"

However, Twilight felt a strain on her brain and says to her: "I don't know?"

It wasn't long for everybody to become conflicted. Not only were they worried about Spike safety, but they were also too terrified keep the crown. However, everyone was still very adamant about handing it over because they don't know what Sunset is going to do with it.

Frustrated with their moral dilemma, Applejack yells out: "AGH! If Only We Know What's Going, Then We Might Decide What To Do Things!"

And deep down in the confusion, Twilight knows that Applejack was right. If they had only a little bit more information, then they might be confident in whatever decision that they make. However, she knows one thing to gain more knowledge from... but also know her friends might not like it. Sucking up her courage, Twilight says to everyone: "I Have To Put On The Crown Again!"

Snapping out everyone from their thoughts, they all became shocked and yelled: "WHAT!"

As calmly as she can, Twilight explain to her friends: "The last time that I put on the crown, I got visions that led me to all of you. If I were to get them again, then maybe I'll find out where this weirdness is coming from."

Concerned, AJ replied: "I don't know Twilight. I don't like the sound of weird stuff messing around in ya mind."

Pinkie Pie then added: "And didn't you say that you saw houses last time? NEIGH!"

"Don't worry guys. I'm sure that the crown isn't that dangerous" Twilight responded. She then pulled them all in into a group huddle and whispers somewhat eagerly to them: "And if we work together, then we can stop any evil plans that Sunset might have."

Her friends were still not totally on-board with the plan. But as they begin to think about it and glance towards one another, their minds were slowly swayed. Fluttershy fears slowly dissipate when she see Pinkie Pie standing next who in turn felt comfortable for being surrounded by friends. Applejack and Rarity spotted Rainbow Dash getting slowly excited and shook their heads amusements and felt like everybody would need their help. And as all of them stare at Twilight's confident expression, they feel more then glad to be helping her out, even if they're scared on what's going on.

"So... Are you with me?" Twilight asked softly towards her friends.

And then, in un-synchronized unison, everyone yell out their agreements.

"I'M IN!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

"Yes Indeedily!" added Pinkie.

"I'm With You Twilight!" says Fluttershy.

"I'm With Ya!" Applejack responded.

"Can't Forget About Me!" Rarity replied.

And after a tight hug of friendship, everyone one of their arms to the air and they all screamed: "GO WONDERBOLTS!"

Author's Note:

If you wondering why I made this chapter quite short, that was because I had trouble writing it at the time.

You see, not only did I have to make the scene the right amounts of stressful and hopeful at the same time, but I also had difficulty on making the words flow naturally with one another. I took me several days for me just to write the ending.

I also decided to end that chapter with just one scene. Not only because I had enough of writing this bit, but if I had continued to the point that I originally wanted, it would have been another 4000+ words chapter. I always wanted my chapters be around 1000-3000.