• Published 1st Jun 2015
  • 4,669 Views, 91 Comments

Equestria Girls: Friendship Makes Magic - ImNoPony



An alternate tale of Equestria Girls where Twilight never went through the portal and her human conterpart was the one who saves the school

  • ...
39
 91
 4,669

Chapter 8- Plans & Revalations

"Snips! Snails! Where Are You Two Idiots!?" Sunset Shimmer cried out. It was the day of the Fall Formal dance and the day that Sunset had been long awaiting for. However, she was scarring the empty hallways in search for her two lackeys. "We Need To Discuss What We’re Going to Do Once We Get the Crown!" The more that she searches, the angrier she gets. But when she realizes her own hunger, she spotted a nearby clock and discovers that it was launch time. Figuring that they were having their launch, Sunset decides to head to the cafeteria so she can drag them away.

But then, Sunset began hearing a faint sound of music as she was walking. Initially, she paid it no mind and thought it was coming from the music classroom. But as she was getting closer to the cafeteria, the music that she was hearing was becoming louder and louder. As soon as Sunset realizes that it was coming from the direction that she was heading, she began hearing the sounds of singing and dancing as well. Consumed with curiosity, Sunset picked up her pace as she wants to know what was going on.

When she finally reached to door to the cafeteria, Sunset peaked through the window. But when she looked inside, she saw something that left her utterly surprised: everyone inside dancing. Regardless what clique they usually hang with or how different they are, all of the students were wearing fake horse ears and tails and are dancing together. The music was also so cheery and sweet that Sunset couldn't understand why people would like it. As she was left wondering who was causing this, she was become completely shocked when she saw Twilight and her friends were the ones sings.

"So get up get down, If you're gonna come around. We can work together, Helping Twilight win the crown"

Sunset was at a loss for words. After what she done to her yesterday, she expected that Twilight would never come back to Canterlot High. again. But not only did she not leave, she also somehow convincing everyone onto her side. And by the look of all the other students dancing and supporting her, Sunset became afraid that she might actually loose.

And as Sunset was still stuck in disbelief, she then spots Snips and Snails just on the other side of the door, wearing horse ears and slightly shaking to the music. Infuriated that her minions would be dancing to her enemy's performance, she yanks them out of the cafeteria without anybody noticing. Once she tosses Snips and Snails aside, Sunset yells at them: "What Were You Doing In There!?"

In a panic, Snips replied: "Oh Sunset! We didn't expect to see you around her? We were... uh..."

"Dancing to some catchy music, eh" Snails moronically answered. That answer that he gave set Sunset off even harder than before. As Snips & Snails was expecting her to punish them, she managed to get a hold of herself before she does anything drastic to them.

Sunset turn back to looking into the room and asked out loud: "How on earth did she manage to turn things around like this? Last time that I saw her, she was..." But then she remembers what she done to Twilight: remembering that she pushed her into tears. Guilt began to resurface and Sunset began to feel as terrible as she was before. However, instead of doubting what she was doing, she supress all of these feelings and don't want them getting in the way of her plans.

When Sunset began thinking up a plan for a counterattack, Snails timidly asked her: "Are we in trouble?"

But as she was about to respond, she was hit by inspiration. Quickly coming up with an alternate plan, Sunset began laughing deviously that made Snips & Snails even more terrified of her. She then told them: "Oh we're not in trouble, but Twilight soon will be."

_ _ _ _ _

Later, Twilight was taking a relaxing stroll down the hall with her new friends to accompany her. Along the way, they pass several students who began waving towards Twilight and some had their ears on. Yesterday seemed like a forgotten memory towards all of them as negativity was nowhere to be seen in the school.

Overjoyed with everything that they had done, Rainbow Dash punches the air before saying to her friends: "YES! Twilight is going to win this for sure."

Twilight could no more but smile gleefully as everything is back on track. However, Pinkie found this a bit odd so she asks her: "What's the matter Twilight? I thought you would be more excited than this."

Twilight nonchalantly explains: "Oh I don't really care about that princess stuff. I only really run just so I can stop Sunset Shimmer from bugging you." Touched, Pinkie went "Aww!" and pull and unexpected Twilight in for a hug.

However, despite being a sweet moment, something that she just said causes Applejack to start thinking. "You know, if I remembering things correctly; you wanted to try something else before becoming princess?"

And like that, Twilight's joyful experience had just stopped. She had mostly forgotten about it, but she can still strongly remember the mysterious business with the crown and how she wanted a closer look.

"Yeah! You wanted to join the party committee." Pinkie answered.

"Huh... Why's that?" Rainbow asked curiously.

Fluttershy replied: "I thing you said it had something to do with the crown?"

Trying to avoid the issue, Twilight told Flutter's: "No-no-no... It was something to do with Sunset Shimmer."

"Yes... but you began talking about the crown for some reason?" Fluttershy rebutted

Everyone stopped walking and began looking at Twilight with confusion and worry. Twilight was adamant to telling them the truth, especial since even she finds it really hard to believe. Feeling too embarrassed to reveal to them her real reasons behind her actions, Twilight tried to push away the topic and says to them: "It's... not really important. It’s just a silly little thing that I'm curious about."

They all could see that Twilight was hiding something important from them, but could also tell that was also very conflicted about it. Not wanting to pressure her any harder, AJ told her: "Ok Twilight, if you say so?"

Twilight was surprised by their unexpected acceptance and willing to let things slide for now. However, she is now feeling bad for keeping secrets from them and is worried that she lost some of their trust.

But then, as they were about to continue their walk, they spotted Sunset and her two minions walking the opposite direction from them. As they were crossing paths each other, Twilight and friends notice that Sunset doesn't look at all afraid that she might lose. In fact, she still had her smugness for some reason. Once they walked pass each other, Applejack thought out loud: "I wonder what she's up to?"

Sunset eventually arrived to her destination: the vice principal office. Once she took a deep breath and get into character, she pretend she was in a panic and began knock on the door. When Vice Principal Luna final open to door to see who was banging on it, Sunset anxiously yells to her: "Vice Principal Luna! You Have To Come Quickly! Something Bad Has Happened In The Gymnasium!"

_ _ _ _ _

Meanwhile, at another part of the school, Flash had just arrived at his locker to deposit some of his stuff. As he does it, the memories of Twilight's cafeteria performance was stuck in his head. There was no doubt in his mind that he really enjoyed it and was happy for Twilight. The only real regret that Flash has is that he didn't really help out with it. He tried to play his electric guitar into the music, hoping it will give it an awesome kick, but Vinyl stopped so she can do an air guitar that somehow produced sound. Every time that Flash wanted to help Twilight, fate seems to get in the way and push him aside. However, he was a patient guy and is happy to wait for the moment that he can shine.

But then, as soon as he finished with his locker, Flash suddenly heard loud footsteps come running down the hall. When he turn and look, he saw Principal Luna running alongside Sunset Shimmer and Snips & Snails. They didn't even notice Flash as they ran pass him and left him completely baffled to what's going on. He watches them run and saw them entering the gym. Curious, Flash follows them.

Flash went up and decided to hide behind the door. But when he looks inside, he saw the gym and all of the Fall Formal decorations were completely destroyed. Everything was so devastated; it left him and Luna speechless and horrified. Tables were flipped and food and drinks were spilled everywhere, no balloon was left un-popped, someone somehow brought down the disco ball and crack it like an egg. It also looked like someone had gotten a tub of paint and splashes it all over Pinkie's mural that she made the other day.

"Who would do such a thing?" Vice Principal Luna asked out loud.

Flash snapped out of his trance and remembered that Luna and Sunset was also there. He tried to stay well-hidden as he try to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Pretending to be as horrified as the rest of them, Sunset woefully told Luna: "I know you're not going to believe me, but I think Twilight did it."

And like that, Flash became so upset that he almost blew his cover. After calming down and getting a hold of himself, he listens even harder on the conversation.

"Why do you think Twilight did it?" Luna asks curiously.

Sunset explains to her: "When I realize what had happened to the gym, I found these nearby. I could not believe my eyes when I saw what was on them." She then passes to Luna several pictures. Flash didn't see what was on them, but he could tell what they were.

When the Vice Principal saw the pictures, she became even more shocked then when she saw the gym. Causing Luna genuine woe, she told Sunset: "Well I'm going to find Twilight and see what she can say for herself." With a heavy heart, she then proceeded to leave the gym.

Seeing the vice principal was heading his direction; Flash legged back to his locker. When he made it back, he pretends to do stuff while he waited for Luna to pass. When she walked by while barely noticing him, Flash breathed a sigh of relief. He could never believe that Twilight would do such a thing and had a striking suspicion that Sunset was up to something. He went back to the gym doors and continues to spy on her.

When he was back, Flash saw Sunset chuckling while Snips & Snails was standing nearby. However, Sunset isn't laughing like she had won. It sounded more like sign of a relief. When she finished chuckling, Sunset cheerfully said to her minions: "I can't believe it. She actually buy into those stupid pictures."

Chuffed, Snips told her: "Didn't I say you had nothing to worry about. Me and Snails are like the best collage artists at Canterlot. The only way she could tell they were fakes if she had the original photos that we cut from."

"Ha-ha... and what did you do with them?" Sunset asked, calming down and slowly becoming worried.

"We got rid of them as soon as we were done with them, eh" Snails replied.

Paranoid, Sunset ask them: "Don't say that you through them in the bin where anybody can find them right? Right!?" Snip's and Snail's eyes widen and look at each other with worry. Realizing that they did exactly that, Sunset's happy moment was ruined and she yell at the top of her voice: "IDIOTS!"

But then suddenly, Sunset had a tingle at the back of her neck. Feeling like she was being watched, she shot out and look towards the doorway but see no one was there. Flash was already legging it and running down the hallway. Considering they had to make the photos and print them out very quickly, he figured they had to be made in the library. Thinking this the moment where can finally help Twilight, Flash was running as fast as he can. Unfortunately, he didn't paid too much attention towards his surroundings and slipped on a girls fallen drink. Falling on his butt, he slid down the hallway. However, when he stopped, Flash realizes he was in front of the library's doors.

Getting off his bottom, Flash rushed into the library. Frightening Miss Cheerilee when he entered, she shushed him and he quickly apologized. Flash heard Snips & Snails put the cut outs in the bin so he frantically searched every bin. He confused everyone in the library, but he knew he was racing against the clock. Fortunately, after looking in the last bin that he looked, Flash finally found the photos.

Flash felt really proud with himself and eagerly brings them to Twilight. However, as soon as he turns towards the doors, he spotted Sunset came barging in. Realizing that she came for the photos as well, Flash hid around a corner and begins to panic. Figuring that he needed to hide them, he was about to put the photos in his back pockets until he came up with a better idea.

The first thing that Sunset did was head immediately towards the bin where Flash found the photos. But as soon as she looks, someone bumped into her. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" she said angrily.

However, she became surprised when she saw it was Flash Sentry. "Oh! Hi Sunset" he greeted cheerfully.

"Flash! What are you doing here?"

"I'm just borrowing a book about rock legends" he replied as his show his book to Sunset. However, what he didn't realize is that the book was about minerals (though the book was called "Rocks of legend")

But fortunately, Sunset brought it and she told him: "Yeah, whatever Flash." When Flash left her with the book and she was about to search the bin, she suddenly thought that he might be up to something. She watches him as he check out his book and leaving with it. When Flash realizes Sunset watching him, he tried to politely wave towards before walking into the library's door. Sunset then turn back, shrugs and says to himself: "Nah."

However, once he recovered and left the library, Flash opened his book in the hallway and revealed that he hid the pictures in the book. With evidence in hand, he then began to run and find Twilight. Eventually, he found out that Twilight was already taken to Vice Principal Luna's office and rushes over and try to save her. When reached the door, Flash took a deep breath and made sure the evidence is in his hands. Inside; the room was dark while Twilight was busy talking with Luna. But then, Flash barges into the room and bring in light from outside and says: "Wait! You Got The Wrong Person!"

"Flash!?" Twilight yelled as both she and Luna became surprised.

As he shown Luna his cut out photos, Flash told her: "I found these in a trash can in the library. Somebody wanted to frame Twilight and combined these photos to make it look like she was the one who trashed the gym."

As Luna was examining the cut outs and the photos, Flash felt like he accomplishes something. However, Twilight got his attention and says to him: "Um, Flash... I was already sorting it out."

Shocked, Flash yells out: "What! You Mean To Say Everything I Did Was For Nothing!?"

"Not for nothing Flash" Luna replied. "You did bring something serious to light and you should be commended for that." Even though Flash still felt really annoyed, what Luna said did calm him down a little bit. As Luna then got out of her seat, she regretfully added: "But with the extensive damage to the gym, we may have to move the Fall Formal to tomorrow night." When she finally opens the blinds, she told them: "You two are free to go." Flash and Twilight then left the vice principal's office together.

Once they were in the hallway, Twilight could tell that Flash was still upset for all of his hard effort has been for nothing. Feeling a little bit sorry for him, Twilight says to him: "Hey Flash, even if I didn't really need you in the end, I know you did everything that you could to help me out and I'm grateful for that."

"Um... Thanks" Flash replied who really appreciated the compliment. The two then stood awkwardly in the hallway as they weren't sure what they were going to do next. Twilight wanted to leave if he doesn't had anything else to say to her. However, feeling that this might be his last moment, Flash decided to gather up his courage and ask something important. "Hey Twilight... I was wondering... "

At that moment, Twilight heart stopped as she can quickly deduces what he was going to say.

"...If you don't have someone to go with tomorrow night, do you wanna..."

"STOP!" Twilight yell out, interrupting him before he could ask the question. Flash was stunned and was left to wonder if he did anything wrong. Twilight decides to tell him very bluntly: "Look Flash: I know you're a nice guy and I appreciate everything you done for me, but... I'm not that interested in dating at the moment."

Flash could tell that Twilight wasn't kidding around and saw how serious her face looked. His aspirations were falling down around him and his heart became flooded with melancholy. When she sees how much he hurt him, Twilight felt guilty and says to Flash: "I'm sorry Flash, but you understand right?"

"Yeah... I guess" Flash replied depressingly. However, as soon as Twilight pat his shoulder as a sign of comfort, and little twinkle of hope lit within him and he asks: "Well... can we at least be friends?"

For some reason, Flash's unexpected persistence rubbed Twilight the wrong way. Slowly becoming annoyed, she askS him: "Oh my gosh, what is it about me that interests you so much?"

Seeing her getting agitated, Flash calmly replied: "Well... You don't act like other girls."

Flash's answer somehow intrigued Twilight. She expected him to be too confused to give an answer or said something about her looks.

Flash explains: "Almost every girl at CHS only wants me because of my good looks or just because I'm popular. But you... you aren't interested in all of that and just want to find something else to like. You also not afraid to be honest with people... even if it might be painful. You’re also brave, cool and just an amazing person. It's hard to find something not to like about you. At least... I think so anyway."

When he finished speaking, Twilight froze for a moment before she turns away from Flash. Flash wondered if he said something wrong, but Twilight was trying to hide how conflicted she was. She doesn't want to admit it, but she was honestly touched by his words. Twilight still doesn't want to date him, but was moved enough for her to begrudgingly admit: "Ok FINE! If... If I can't find someone to dance with, then MAYBE I'll dance with you."

"REALLY!" Flash responded. Ecstatic for finally having a chance, he shouted: "YES!" However, thinking it might upset her, he calm himself down and told Twilight: "I mean... only if you want to though. I don't want to force you to do anything that you don't want to."

"Whatever Flash" Twilight replied. "Right now, I would like a word with Sunset."

_ _ _ _ _

After she finished talking with Flash, Twilight was storming down the halls in search for Sunset. She could barely tolerate her actions before, but she is outraged with her latest stunt. She was so upset, Twilight was practicing what she was going to say to Sunset as she walk

"You Went Too Far This Time Sunset Shimmer!" said Twilight as she loudly whispered to herself. "I mean: it's one thing for trying to bully and humiliate me. But that last stunt almost got me expelled!"

Students nearby was wondering why Twilight was talking to herself, but they was too intimidated to ask her thought. Just seeing Twilight coming towards them made them as terrified as if they were seeing Sunset. Twilight, on the on the other hand, could only what Sunset would be doing. She was getting angrier just by thinking of her.

"I swear: when I see you, I'll..."

However, as she was stomping by the gymnasium, she was hearing noises coming from there. She was highly doubtful that Sunset was still in the gym. Flash even told her that last time that he saw her was at the library. However, she was still curious enough to go and investigate. When she look inside, she initially taken back by how damaged the gym was. However, she was more surprised to see Sunset Shimmer there, trying to clean up the gym. Actually; she was forcing her minions to do heavier work while picking up bits and pieces that nearby her. But neither the less, she was making an effort to clean up a mess that she deliberately caused. Twilight was so confused that she didn't what to make of it.

"Ok, What is your deal Sunset Shimmer" Twilight yell out and grabbing Sunset's attention. "You went through the effort of getting me in trouble, but then turn around and try to clean your own mess?"

Standing her ground, Sunset replied: "I don't know why you're complaining? You know as well as I do how important tonight really is."

"What? You mean the dance?" Twilight replied, not knowing what she is on about.

"Not the stupid dance, The Portal!" Sunset explained.

"What Portal!?" Twilight asked, getting even more confused than before. "Stop talking gibberish and start making some sense for once!"

Sunset was slowly becoming as confused and annoyed as Twilight as she is towards her. "What's wrong with you?" she asked. "You are sounding like you not really from..." But then, Sunset stopped herself and something was beginning to click inside her head.

Hesitantly, Twilight ask her: "I'm not from... where exactly?"

Sunset did not answer as she was having a striking realization. She looks at Twilight and she could see that she didn't have a clue to anything that had said to her. Sunset couldn't understand why she was acting so oblivious, but she was slowly thinking it was really and an act.
Hesitantly, Sunset asked Twilight: "Wait... You're not from Equestria, are you?"

"What's Equestria?" Twilight responded as she shrugs.

And like that, Sunset sinking suspicions was proven true. Realizing that she had made a mistake, thoughts and emotions was raging inside her head and she could bare the weight of them. When she starting to laugh at herself, Twilight was getting nervous and slowly becoming worried. Sunset then abruptly stopped laughing when she thought out load: "Oh my gosh. I also made her cry". She then turn towards Twilight and says to her: "I am so-so, So-So Sorry!"

"What!?" Twilight responded.

Sunset told her: "Honestly, I thought you were someone else. Someone... who has the exact same name and appearance as you" She could tell how unbelievable that sounded and was embarrassed by it, but she was still seems remorseful. "Seriously though, I am really sorry for everything I done to you."

Twilight was perplexed by Sunset's sudden change of character. She find it hard to believe that she mistaken her for someone else, but Twilight could tell if she's faking or not. For some reason, she thinks that Sunset is really sorry.

When Twilight didn't respond, Sunset says to her: "What, you still not happy? Well uh... What about if I give you Snips & Snails? Yeah sure, they may be annoying and not very bright, but they will do anything you say to them."

"No, that's ok" Twilight replied.

"So... are we cool? Can we be cool?"

Twilight was so sure with herself and Sunset's behaviour is making her nervous, but she hesitantly replied: "Um... sure? We cool..."

"Well that's good" says Sunset as she breathes a sigh of relief.

But then, as the two girls stood around awkwardly, sounds from the P.A systems were heard and an announcement was made. "Will Sunset Shimmer Please Come To The Principal Office!" said the announce which sounded like Principal Celestia.

"Oh shoot" Sunset whispered. Both her and Twilight could tell that the principals are onto Sunset's schemes and it looks like it's finally time for her repercussions. While Twilight was chuffed by this, Sunset realizing that her plans are falling apart and need to do something quick.

In desperation, she grabbed Twilight's attention and asks her: "Listen, I need you to do a really big favour." Before Twilight could respond, Sunset explains to her: "I don't really care about the title or what others think of me. What I really want is the crown."

Twilight responded: "What!? Why do you want the crown?"

Pretending to be nonchalant, Sunset replied: "No reason. I just really want the crown."

However, Twilight could tell that she was lying and isn't going to have it. "No!" she stated. "I know something is up with that crown and I'm not handing it over until I know what it is."

Sunset became surprised. She didn't expect anybody else would figure out the crown wasn't the ordinary one. As she was unsure what to say to her, Celestia spoke again through P.A system. "I Repeat: Will Sunset Shimmer Please Come To The Principal Office!"

Starting to panic, Sunset told Twilight: "I can't say why I need it, but it's Really Important that you give it to me." When Twilight isn't budging, she says to her: "Please! I'll Do Whatever You Want!"

Twilight was reluctant to giving into her demands. However, Sunset's desperation soon cause her to invade Twilight's personal space. No longer standing it, Twilight eventually caves. "FINE!" she yells as she push Sunset away. "Put I also want you to apologize to the rest of the school afterwards."

"If it makes you happy, I'll do it" Sunset replies.

Twilight wasn't sure if she was making the right choice. She still doesn't know what the crown is nor why Sunset would want it so much. However, she could see that she is desperate and thought that this might get the answers that she wants. Hesitantly, Twilight extend her hand for a shake.

Sunset grab her arm instantly and made a firm shake. But then, when Twilight thought that she made the deal, Sunset then added: "Also: I need the Fall Formal on by tonight so can you also help fix this place up?"

"WHAT!" Twilight responded. As she was thinking on going back on the deal, the P.A system came on again but this time it was V. Principal Luna. "This Is The Last Call: Will Sunset Please Come To Our Office Or We Will Have To Find You Ourselves!"

Seeing that she had to got to go, Sunset clench Twilight's hands and begs to her: "PLEASE! It Has To Be Tonight!"

Begrudgingly, Twilight responded: "FINE! I'll fix the stupid dance."

"Thank you" Sunset gratefully reply. Once she calm herself down, she told her: "When you get the crown, let’s meet up at the statue."

"Yeah... whatever." As Sunset run off, Twilight was quick to regret her decision. However, she convinces herself that this might be her best chance to figure out all the mysteries between the crown and Sunset.

Author's Note:

I was initially conflicted on how I would begin the chapter. Would I just skip the Cafeteria song entirely and just start where Sunset had just notice it? Or would I begin before the song and see if I can write down? Say how it would different from the movie, say how the students would feeling, etc. I decided to go somewhere in the middle: Have Sunset think she is going to win and then discover that Twilight has changed the student's minds.

I also wanted to give a whole scene to Flash. People complained that Flash was a boring love interest that can be taken out of the movie. I thought the best way to fix that was to give a scene all on his own. Showing him in his best effort to help the girl he loves and see him overcome his own bad luck. Also, I decided to boost Flash's bad luck (like any other fan-fic' writer) but with the intention to sympathise with him. But then again, by having Twilight say that she doesn't really need him really did made him pointless.

When I first came up with this story, one of the scene that I thought I would enjoy writing was when Sunset would realize that she made a mistake and she bullied the wrong Twilight. Making it really embarrassing and I would laugh while writing it. However, that did not happen to me. It probably because I was more focus on making sure my writing is readable and not enough trying to make the scene trouble. I'm now left hoping that you thought the scene was funny and you enjoyed reading this chapter.

Also, You will see Sunset getting punish by the principals in the next chapter. I wonder how well she is going to take it?