• Published 1st Jun 2015
  • 4,669 Views, 91 Comments

Equestria Girls: Friendship Makes Magic - ImNoPony



An alternate tale of Equestria Girls where Twilight never went through the portal and her human conterpart was the one who saves the school

  • ...
39
 91
 4,669

Chapter 11- The Big Night

As soon as the sun falls under the horizon, CHS students make their way back to school. Normally no one even stay around at the school after dark. But tonight was different. In tuxes and dresses, everyone was heading for the Fall Formal to have a night to remember.

But for some, this occasion won't be as happy as they wanted it to be. When Twilight Sparkle arrived at CHS's front yard, she stood there tensely in a nice purple dress and watch all the other students walking into the building. She never thought much about dances and never expected she would ever be going to one. Twilight arrived tonight not only to unravel the weird, extra-normal stuff that is going on, but also to get her beloved dog back. However, her just standing also letting her insecurities to grow and doubt soon crept into her mind. However, when her friends: Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack appeared by her side, all of her worries disappear and her confidents return to her.

"Alright, does everyone remember the plan?" Twilight asked to her friends around her.

Rainbow Dash quickly replies: "No worry Twilight. We got this covered." Everyone else soon follow behind with their cheerful conformations.

However, everyone suddenly heard a depressed sigh coming Rarity. When they look towards her, they see that she look slightly depressed. Worried, Pinkie Pie asked her: "What's wrong Rarity?"

Rarity says to them: "Oh... I made such lovely dresses for everyone and I don't want them to get ruined."

Everyone had a mixed response to Rarity's answer. Rainbow face palmed herself while Applejack simply groaned. Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie looked at the dresses that everyone is and could tell that she put a lot of effort into them. However, like the others, they still don't think they're that important to be concerned about.

Not wanting to hurt Rarity's feelings, Twilight calmly says to her: "You can make new dresses when we get back."

Begrudgingly, Rarity reply: "... I guess I could?"

Trying to cheer her up even more, Twilight then added: "And besides; if everything turn out just like I planned, these dresses won't get dirty."

But then out of nowhere, a sudden voice cried out. "TWILIGHT!" The girls was caught off guard by loud cry and try to find where it came from. But then they spot Flash Sentry by the doorway, wearing a fancy and waving towards Twilight.

As Twilight was left utterly surprised, she began to notice her friends were snickering behind her. "You didn't say he part of the plan Twilight?" teased Rarity.

As her friend;s laughter begins to irritate her, Twilight yells: "Enough!" Once they calm down, they all follow Twilight into the school.

_ _ _ _ _

Later on that night, the Fall Formal went into full swing and everyone began dancing the night away. With Vinyl Scratch behind the DJ booth, she was making music that compels everyone to at least to bop their heads. With the students who weren't dancing; they were mixing with the other cliques and was breaking down the barrier that were separating the other students from interacting. The festive night was really becoming a night which no one should forget.

But as the Fall Formal was going on, Twilight Sparkle was becoming a wall flower as she was sipping her punch by the food table. Quietly watching by the side, she slowly understood how dances are so much fun. However, she was interlay content on just standing there until Fluttershy and Rarity appeared and wanted her to dance with them. Twilight wanted to refuse, but they pulled her towards the dance floor and she begrudgingly submits to them.

Once they arrived at the centre of the gym, Rarity and Flutter's begin dancing. At first, Twilight was worried about her in experience of dancing. However, she soon notices that no one was doing any complicated or elaborate dance moves. Mostly they were just shaking to the music. Seeing if she can imitate them, Twilight relaxed body and try to dance like how everybody else. But then, as she begins enjoying herself, Flash Sentry appeared who also wanted to dance with Twilight. She was very reluctant to dance with him, but she soon notice her friends were walking away and leaving her alone with him. Left with no other option, Twilight decide to keep her word and began dancing with Flash. At first, she was expecting for him trying to make a move on her. However he did not and was keeping a good enough distance away from her so she won't feel uncomfortable. When she realize that he won't try anything, Twilight appreciated Flash's self-control and began enjoy dancing with him.

A few moments later, Principal Celestia's walks onto the stage and begin speaking into a microphone: "Attention! My I Have Attention Please!" The music slowly stops and everyone's gazes were turn towards the stage. With their attentions grabbed, Celestia says to all of them: "First of, I must congratulate everyone again for your hard work on restoring the gym. Never in all my years have I seen the gym this wonderful before and you all have yourselves to thank." Celestia stopped for a moments so she can let everybody cheer. "Now let's get along to the main event of the evening. She may not have been with us for long and she may had a rough time before transferring here, but give a great big worm welcome to your new Fall Formal Princess: Twilight Sparkle!"

The crowd then began to applaud loudly to the announcement. Twilight was a little nervous, but hearing everybody cheering wormed her heart and encourages her to get onstage. When she got up there, she see a set of students who was happy for her and even spot her friends and Flash who were proud for her. When Celestia signalled someone off stage to get the crown, she hands the mic' over to Twilight with a silent message to say something to the crown.

Hesitantly, as she was finding the proper words to say, Twilight mumbles into the microphone and says: "Um... Thank you... for making me your princess..." Slowly becoming calmer, she then says to them: "I mean... it was certainly wasn't easy, being new to this school and all that. But... with a ton of support of my friends, I'd managed to see it through."

And then, to Twilight's relief, Vice-Principal Luna walked on stage with a box in hand. When she opens it, Twilight saw the crown that was sitting comfortably inside. The crown; the same one that had been on Twilight's mind, ever since she handed it in to Principal Celestia. And now, after the principals handed it to her, it was in her hands again. Emotions were swirling around inside her as everybody else was expecting her to put on the crown. Her friends in the crowd was nervous however as their worry for Twilight was causing them to bit down onto their nails. As Twilight looked into the large star shaped embedded in the crown, she could recall the feeling of visions rushing through her mind and wonder what they will tell her this time. However, she took a deep breath and puts on the crown.

But the second that she places that tiara on top of her head, Twilight had a stun expression on her face as visons and images were flooding. While everybody else was cheering and feeling happy for her, Twilight's friends were the only one who could tell what was really going on. And then, as the students were finish cheering and was calming down, they slowly notice that she wasn't moving and seeing her petrified face. As people begin to ask questions and growing concern, Fluttershy and Rarity decided move in and try to bring Twilight off stage them.

But then, as they were getting close, a concerned Celestia asked the frozen princess: "Are you ok Twilight?"

As soon as Celestia's hand touches Twilight's shoulder, Twilight was snapped out of the trance and was able to lift the crown off of her head without any assistance. Despite feeling very dizzy, she could tell that everybody was confused and try to ease their worries. "Oh I'm fine" she replied. "I just got... sunlight in my eyes or something."

While everybody was sceptical about her response, they could see that Twilight could get herself off stage by herself. Even thought she was still very confused and concerned, Celestia decide to take Twilight's word and says to everyone: "Well then... I suppose we should carry on with the formal then shall we? Vinyl!" With that cue, Vinyl turn music came back on and everybody went back to partying.

As Twilight was holding up her head with the crown in hand, she was approached by Rarity and Fluttershy. "Are you ok dearie?" asked Rarity.

Twilight reply: "Yeah. It just feels like I had a brain freeze."

"Well did the crown show you anything that could help us?" asked Fluttershy.

It took her a moment to respond, but she had a confident smile on her face and she firmly reply: "Yeah. I think I have more than enough to solve these mysteries."

As her friends worries gotten slightly better, Twilight manage to stood up tall and then says to them: "Now lets go meet Sunset"

_ _ _ _ _

Outside, Sunset Shimmer was waiting around by the school statue along with her minions Snips & Snails. Snips and Snails were holding box that keeping Spike trapped and they were trying their best not to let him escape. Sunset was also looking very anxious while she was waiting and constantly looking up towards the moon and acting like something is going to happen soon. However, Snips and Snails grunting as they were trying to keep their box steady was also chipping away on one of Sunset's few remaining nerves and she was about to have a go at them.

But before anything could happen, they suddenly heard somebody coming. When their gaze shot towards the school's door, they spotted Twilight coming out of the building and also saw Fluttershy and Rarity following behind her. However, the only thing that Sunset was most excited for was the crown that Twilight had with her and began rubbing her hands in excitement. As they were coming out, Twilight and her friends saw Sunset and her minions and could also spot the box that was holding Spike.

When the two groups became metres apart from one another, Twilight angrily points towards Sunset and demanded: "Hand Over Spike NOW!"

However, instead on making the moment even tenser, Sunset wave up her hands and says to Twilight: "Hey! Hey! Hey! Don't look at me. I wasn't the one who stole your dog." She then explains to them: "These two Idiots were too afraid of a silly little dog and they hid him away by themselves, without any orders from me."

"What Were We Suppose To Do!? He Was Barking At Us!" Snips remarked as he was looking frighten while saying it.

Twilight and her friends weren’t so sure if she was telling the truth and kept on looking unconvinced. But then, Sunset snatches the box away from Snips and Snails arms and open it. Spike, now free from his captivity, eagerly jumped out from the box and began running towards his master.

"TWILIGHT!" Spike barked as he became excited to see her.

"SPIKE!" cried Twilight as she became overjoyed to seeing him again. When he Spike jumped into Twilight's arms, she hugs him tightly and Fluttershy and Rarity follow suit. When he notices Rarity was there, Spike began enjoying the hug even more.

As soon as they were finishing with the hug, they let him get down and began looking at Sunset with confusion. Seeing their surprised faces, Sunset delightfully says to them: "See! I'm not really a bad person." However, even though she is trying to act friendly, Twilight could feel a hidden motive behind her words and did not relax.

"So would be ever so kindly and give me the crown now? Pretty please" asked Sunset as she extend out her hand.

For a moment, Twilight didn't do anything as she think deeply about the situation. When she was staring into the jewel of the crown, everybody around didn't know what she was going to do. But as Sunset was getting impatient, Twilight thought out load: "I might give it to you... If you tell me what this is all about!"

"What!" yelled Sunset, becoming surprised.

Twilight firmly states to Sunset: "I know this isn't some ordinary crown and I know you are hiding something. I'm not handing it over until I get some answers!"

While she was initially upset about Twilight's words, Sunset retained her composer and calms herself. She knows that she won't get what she wanted unless she gives an answer to Twilight. Keeping her cool, Sunset remarks: "Ok... if that it is, I guess I got no other choice." After taking a deep breath, she told them: "Believe it or not, but that thing you're holding actually came from another world."

Everyone around was sceptical about that answer, except for Twilight who was trying to remain unfazed. Walking side to side, Sunset explains to them: "You see, there is a parallel world called Equestria. That crown belongs to a set called that "Elements of Harmony", which are magical artifacts that are used to protect that world."

"Equestria?" Rarity muttered.

"Elements of Harmony?" Fluttershy muttered, who was as confused as Rarity.

Twilight yells: "Are you expecting us to believe that!?"

Sunset states: "I can show you." She then slapped her hand against the statue and reveals to them the portal that was on it. Everybody was shocked when they see her hand fazing into the statue. Some of them rubbed their eyes, but they could tell that this isn't a trick. Sunset explains to them: "This statue is one of the few gateways that leads to Equestria and it is only opened for a couple of days. After that, it will close and it won't reopen again for at least a year."

Twilight remarks: "So that's why you want everything to be tonight. It's the last day that portal will be open!"

"Exactly" Sunset reply.

Everyone was still finding it hard to believe. However, as Sunset continues to show of the portal by waving her hand inside it, they had no other choice but to believe. Twilight on the other hand still wasn't satisfied. "Ok, I believe you. But still doesn't explain this thing is doing here or why you know all of this."

When Sunset was hit by that question, she begins to think deeply and contemplate about her answer. The longer that they waited, more concerned that Twilight became. After a long pause, Sunset sighed and admits to them: "You see... I actually came from Equestria."

As everybody became stunned and confused, Sunset says to them: "I use to be an apprentice there and was taught by one of the world’s greatest saviours. But one day, she assigns me to guard this world and stop anybody who would try to bring magic to or from there. But a couple of days ago, when the portal reopened, I got word that somebody had stolen one of the elements and somehow brought it here. I was tasked on retrieving it at no matter the cost."

As everyone was still speechified, Sunset then looked sympatric towards Twilight and says to her: "I'm sorry that I hurt you so much. But when I heard a rumour that you handed in the crown, I thought you might have something to do with it. I am really, really sorry for everything that I done, but I had to make sure that both of our world isn't in danger. I hope you understand."

When she finished speaking, Twilight's friends was stuck in disbelief. They know that Sunset's story is farfetched and really hard to believe, but they know that she isn't lying about some of this stuff and might know what needs to be done. Ultimately, they all had let Twilight decide since she has the crown.

But then, as Twilight was contemplating, Sunset silently walk towards her and slowly and softly take the crown away from her. But as she was about to touch the crown, Twilight quickly pull her arms away and make a stance against Sunset. When everyone became by her sudden action, Twilight yells at Sunset: "NO WAY! I'm Not Letting You Have This Crown!"

"WHAT!" Sunset yells back. To surprise to think straight, she screams: "Give Me That Crown!" before she lunges towards it. She managed to get a hold of the crown, but having trouble prying it out of Twilight's hands.

As the two girls began to struggle, Twilight cry out: "GUYS! NOW!"

And then suddenly, Rainbow Dash's voice appears out of nowhere and says: "That's The Signal!" Rainbow, Applejack and Pinkie Pie then appears from behind the statue and rushes to Twilight's aid. Before she knew what was going on, Sunset was grabbed and restrained by AJ and Rainbow who forced her to let go of the crown and was pulled away from Twilight. Twilight, with no longer playing tug-of-war, lost control of her balance and was about to fall on her back. However, Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rarity catches her and save her from falling.

"SUNSET!" cried Snips & Snails who was about to rush towards their boss's aid. But before they could any closer, Spikes intercepted them and began to growl at them. The two lackeys became so scared that they jumped into each other's arms.

When Twilight got back up onto her feet, she saw Sunset was struggling to get out of Rainbow's and AJ's grip. "Let Me GO!" she shouted. "You Have No Idea What You're Doing!"

Twilight states: "I know exactly what we're doing! We Are Keeping The Crown Away From You!"

As Sunset was becoming angry and confused, she became shocked when Twilight told her: "I know you were telling the truth about Equestria and how this is an Element of Harmony, but there was one thing that you lied about. You was the one who stole the crown in the first place and brought it over to this world."

"What!" yelled a surprised Sunset. "B-But... How Do You Know That!?"

Twilight loudly proclaims: "Because I Saw It!" and Sunset's eyes widened. Grabbing everybody's attention, she explains to them: "The crown shows me everything that happened to it. I couldn't understand it at first, but I finally discover who this really belongs to: Twilight Sparkle!"

Twilight's friends became surprised and confused. "What?" Applejack asked out load.

"You see; there is like a different version of me in that world who was a purple unicorn. There, she met the pony versions of all of you and became friends, just like us. Together, they were able to find the Elements of Harmony and protected the land from evil. And after more hard challenges, pony me had ascended to an alicorn and was crowned a princess."

As well as Sunset who couldn't believe that she knows all of that, Twilight's friends were all gobsmacked. They couldn't understand all of it, but they know enough to get a clear picture and were amazed with the information.

"Wait. Are you saying we are like heroes it that world or something?" asked Rainbow Dash who was getting excited.

Rarity asks: "And you say you were a princess there?" and slowly mistakes Twilight for being a princess.

"And there were pony versions of us who were also your friends?" asked Fluttershy, who was likes the idea of them being animals.

Twilight replies: "Yes, all of it." But then she proudly added: "But just like how you are helping me right now, she couldn't have gotten anywhere without the aid of her friends."

Everybody's hearts were touched when they heard Twilight's compliment, except for Sunset who felt like gagging. As she saw all of her friends complimenting and fawning Twilight, Sunset's jealousy began fuelling her anger and it slowly grows into hatred.

But as everyone else was enjoying the moment, Pinkie Pie got a closer look at the crown and made a comment. "Wow! I guess this thing belongs to you."

Twilight replied to her: "Actually, it belongs to me from a parallel universe and..."

But before she could finish, Pinkie place the crown onto of Twilight's head as a kind gesture. However, this cause Twilight to download more visions from the crown and was left in a surprised and petrified state.

Shocked and upset with her action, the rest of the friends angrily yell: "PINKIE!" at her.

Pinkie, quickly realizing her mistake, stood back in regret and thought out load: "Whoopsies."

However, Sunset soon realize that this was her chance to get back the crown. While everybody else was distracted, she managed to shake free Rainbow's and Applejacks hold on her and then rushes towards Twilight. Before anybody could respond, Sunset tackles Twilight and knocks the crown off of her head.

"TWILIGHT!" screamed everyone in horror.

When everyone rushes over and see if she is ok, they made the horrible discovery that Twilight was knocked unconscious. Some were beginning to panic as they were fearing that the tackle and the crown might have cause some damage her brain. But as they were all being worried, they suddenly began hearing a menacing laughter. When they look up, they discover that Sunset now has the crown.

"Finally... It's Finally Mine!" muttered Sunset who became deliriously happy. "More power then I could ever imagine and it's all mine."

Twilight's friends tried to stop, but they weren't quick enough and Sunset puts on the crown. But when she did, dark energy began to shoot out and push everybody away. Sunset looked around her and couldn't believe the dark magic that were swirling around her.

"What! No! This isn't how I imagined it!" Sunset yells out.

And then, blackness began envelop her body and malevolent thoughts began to taking over her mind. As even more dark energy began surging out from Sunset and the crown, everybody else could only watch in horror.

Author's Note:

Well this took me a long time to write. And within that time, Friendship Games had been release and Equestria Girls 4 had been announce. Anyway, lets get onto the notes.

Originally, instead of appearing from behind the statue, I thought I would have Rainbow, Pinkie and AJ jump out of the portal to surprise and restrain Sunset. I thought that would be a cleaver idea. However, after writing the last chapter and how the character were afraid of the magical unknown, I felt that they wouldn't hide in a place that they never been to before. And besides, I don't want too many people know what was on the other side just yet.

One other thing that was from the original script is to let Sunset hold the crown before Twilight spring her ambush. I was meant to give the heroes a bit of cockiness, but I decide to change it. Since that Twilight had learned everything that she needed to know, I figured she wouldn't want Sunset to have the crown for even a second.

One part that I didn't expect I would enjoy writing was the character expositioning on Equestria. From Sunset tell everyone about the existence of Equestria to Twilight revealing the truth of about the situation. And how she told everyone about their alternate selves was also quite interesting. It was like they were giving important information like how they would present it.

Oh yeah! About the portal only opens once a year. It was meant to be a "Take That!" against the idea that 30 Moons = 2 and a half years.

Also, this was the only chapter that I didn't give any sort of bad luck to Flash Sentry. I have to admit, I feel a little bit weird about that. I wanted a scene where Twilight would dance and enjoy the Fall Formal, but I wanted it to be before the big climatic fight. After one important scene that is going to come up, I will skip the night and move to a following day.

And speaking about climatic fights, the heroines is going to have one doozy of a challenge in the next chapter. Will the destructive power of Demon-Shimmer get the better of them? Or will they work together to solve a difficult problem?

The next chapter isn't going to be the last, but we are nearing the end. Thank you for reading this long and remember to leave a kind/supportive comment