• Published 1st May 2015
  • 3,894 Views, 86 Comments

Tales of the Abysswalker - Sir_Elton_lunar



Pain is not something you can forget, nor can you forgive the ones who inflicted it. No, the ones who inflict it will pay by my sword

  • ...
15
 86
 3,894

Flashback!

*1001 years ago*

“Come on Sif we’re going to miss the rise of the moon.”

Wait Artorias I maybe a wolf but I’m still really young.

“Oh fine Mr. Slowbro.” After the mental exchange I turn back to wait for my companion who just so happens to be a grey wolf. Said wolf was having a hard time climbing the mountain with me. His breed were more intuned with forest and the like. Not particularly for mountains. With my noticeable size as a knight of Gwyn I kinda have more agility when it comes to climbing steep inclines fast.

You should have learned that Abyss teleport by now. I scoff at the overgrown fuzz ball.

“I would have tried it if a certain wolf didn’t try to stop me saying ‘it’s too dangerous’.” As we casually hike up the mountain I start to feel someone’s eyes on us. Turning sharply, enough to make Sif jump, I scan all things within sight.

What’s wrong? I could hear the worry and concern in his voice but I paid no heed. Without making any sudden movements I slowly edge my way up the mountain with my hand on the hilt of my sword while holding it a few inches out of the sheath. You can never be too careful. Within the hour we made it to the cliff without any interruptions, but the feeling never left my senses.

The clearing was the same spot I awoke in this new form and world. It was here I meet Sif and were we both set off on an adventure to discover my powers. The reason for us being here this night is because today is also Sif’s unofficial birthday. We decided on a day that Sif started to remember the world for what it is rather than on pure instinct. This spot also by coincidence has a beautiful rising of the moon. Since the spot is just before a cliff you can see off into the horizon over a sea of trees. You can see the pale silver surface rise over the dark solute of the far off tree line. It was a truly breath taking sight.

Without realizing it I move my armoured hand to one of Sif’s ears and start to scratch. I never knew that wolf’s had this little spot behind their ears that if rubbed causes them to become docile.

“I wish we could have every night like this. Just watching the moon rising and enjoying each other’s company.”

I second that. I rather enjoy the scratching, could you move a little to the right. Chuckling I move slightly to right causing the wolf’s leg to start thumping on the ground. Noticing some of the abyss leaking off my armour I snap my arm away hiding it behind my back by leaning on it. Rather disappointed that his scratches were cut short the grey wolf decides now is a good time to start howling towards the moon. This…. this right here is my dream. Just to rest peacefully and watch the moon with Sif. To forget the responsibility of protecting innocents, villagers and defenseless. To forget the pressure of being hunted by the princesses of a nation for being deemed an ‘abomination’ even though I have helped their ponies multiple times……

There it is again. The feeling I crossed earlier farther down the slope. This one was different though. This one held a air of determination and stealth. Who ever is trying to get the jump on me is 1) attempting to be stealthy, 2) fairly determined to see out whatever they are doing and 3) charging a great deal of magic. The magic part makes me anxious. I look to Sif and it seems he doesn’t notice. I start to doubt myself thinking it was the abyss trying to play tricks on me. Even though this kind of trick hasn’t happened before there is still a chance.

A crack of a stick was all it took for me to spring up and shift into alertness. I stand there scanning every inch of the tree line. The feeling is stronger now.

“Come out now your cover is blown.” Waiting for a few minutes I start to grow impatient when I hear a ruffle in the bushes. What walks out is 2 ponies but not just normal ponies. Oh no, these were the same princesses that wanted nothing more than to imprison me for being who I am. The first one was none other than Princess Celestia. My inner Solaire wanted to scream PRAISE THE SUN! But I held back for the sake of courtesy. The younger sister was Princess Luna. I could hear Sif in my head wanting Luna’s autograph.

“Lay down thine arms creature and we shall give the a fast imprisonment.” Celestia demands as she charges her horn.

Let’s see, your strength far out matches them by bounds. Your magic on the other hand. Don’t even think you should try that one. Your speed is also extremely useful in this fight. Let’s plan accordingly. I’ll take Luna while you-

You just want her autograph that’s the only reason you want to fight her

I will neither confirm nor deny that statement.

“What say thou creature?” Luna asks impatiently

“Well for one I was talking to Senior Smoothie Buns in my head which has nothing to do with you. Second, can Senior Smoothie Buns have your autograph?” Princess Luna’s face was so cute for that split second were as she had her head tilted to the side for confusion while having a small blush for the autograph. Either Celestia was jealous that Luna was asked for her autograph or she was pissed off at my antics.

“ENOUGH! Creature wilt thou lay down thine arms and cometh with us willingly or be prepared for battle?” I feel a slight pain coming from Sif’s mental link. Looking down I see a little blood on Sif’s back left leg, and it was flowing freely. My mind first went to help him but with those two here I can’t do anything……. Oh, plan.

“Do you have vets at your castle?” Sif looks at me with concern as if knowing what I’m about to do.

“Of course.” I nod to Sif while I take my sword out and lay it on the ground sliding it over to the monarchs.

“If you value your sanity don’t directly touch that sword.”

“Thank thou, now it is time for the punishment.” Before I could react the sun monarch blasted me in the face with a stun spell. The next thing I experienced is darkness.

*3 days later*

“Wake up prisoner. The princesses decided that your trial has come.” I decided not to reply. Well more like a can’t. Over the past few days I have probably went through the closest thing to hell in my life. I was tortured by the guards resulting in a few permanent scars, physical and mental. I was beaten into and out of conscious on the first day. I’ve only had food and drink twice the entire time, but that’s mostly because I gave my other food to Sif. All in all I was ready to see what those two have to say. I am beyond angry right now. Even though they did give Sif medical attention they turned it back around by giving the guards free reign to beat him. You can do whatever you want to me but when you start messing with Sif I get uber pissed.

I stand up failing a little bit thank to most of my strength missing.

“Get up you whorse!” I see the kick before I felt it. As I double over and cough Sif starts to growl at the guard.

“You growling at me mutt? I’ll stomp your head in you stupid dog.”

“You do that and I’ll make sure your bloodline ends with you.” I say as I use the wall to climb back up. Instead of replying the guard simply throws me out of the cell into the opposite wall.

“Walk, you to mutt.” I whistle to bring Sif over to my side. Using him as a support we walk up the stairs and follow the guards to the throne room. As we walk I notice that we are in a castle of some sorts. It looks fairly new since the glass still had a natural shine to it. There were also a lot of guards posted at almost every corner.

Artorias, I don’t like this. It feels wrong, like something big is about to happen.

I know, I feel it too.

“we’re here.” We stop before a set of double doors that strangely resemble a fog gate but gold. The carvings within the doors looked like a swirl of gold as well as silver. The look really heavy too. My mumblings were proven right since it took three ponies to open one door.

ENTER!!!” Me and Sif share a glance before we were shoved into the highly decorated hall.

“Step forward creature so that we may decide your terms of imprisonment.” I calmly walk up to the monarchs with Sif as my support.

“Well thanks for the stay, but I have to say that the room service was less than desirable. I would also like to know what I’m being charged with.” Even with her princess mask on I could see the rage in sunbutt’s eyes while Luna’s had a little of humor with a dab of sadness.

“Do not speak to me as if we are equals creature. You’re lucky that I decided to use a spell in which it would be easier for us to talk to you. As for what you’re charged with; being a mixture of an unknown species and dark magic. Sentence: Death or imprisonment for life.”

“Next is destruction of Equestrian property, murdering of ponies in cold blood and kidnapping of three foals. All of these charges all amount to death, but since you are a new species you fall under some of our laws which prevents us from killing you. So the next for of punishment is imprisonment for eternity. I also will not take your pleas for a creature cannot plead for it’s life. For the second half of your punishment is the extermination of your wolf-” I pull on my ropes as I jump right into her face.

“You will not touch Sif or I will make your life a living hell.” Oh the arrogance in that bitch’s eyes.

“Try and stop me. Guards restrain the prisoner. Luna prepare the elements. I shall deal with this myself.”

“Sister I do not believe this is the right course of action. I see no harm in letting the wolf be imprisoned with him.” As the guards force me to my knees I plead with the sun monarch.

“Please please just leave him with me. I’ll do anything just please leave him with me.” Atleast my words halted her advance on the restrained Sif. Her eyes told a different story though.

“And what right gives a creature like you the privilege to beg. You will watch as I destroy your companion as you have destroyed mine.” I had no time to contemplate her words for within seconds she was standing over Sif like an executioner. I look to the lunar monarch for some leniency for Sif’s sentence. All I found was the lunar princess looking away with shame on her face.

“No please don’t, don’t!” I start to thrash wildly as Celestia lowers her shining horn. The next moment will stay burned in my mind for the rest of my long life. It all happened in a minute. First is when Celestia’s horn touched Sif. The first thing that either of us experienced was pure white hot pain. We could both feel our soul link slowly melting away as Celestia continued to pound Sif out of existence with her magic. I don’t know when I started crying but I remember that when the pain stopped there was nothing left. Not a strand of hair. Not the marks where he was fighting earlier. Not even his scent was spared from the spell. All that was left in my soul was emptiness from where a part of Sif’s soul was.

“See not so hard. Luna are the elements ready?” I hang my head in despair as sunbutt and her sister walk up in front of me.

“I only ask one thing. Let me be imprisoned in my armor.” Again I see the arrogance in her eyes.

“I see no harm in it.” With a simple flash all of my armour was fastened and strapped to my broken body. As I push through the despair I look up to the monarchs. With a burning passion I made a vow right before Celestia.

“When I break free I will not harm no one but you Celestia. I will embrace the abyss if it means killing you you whorse.” I spit on the floor before her hooves. Ah there’s that good old rage.

“If it was up to me you would be dead to if not for our laws.” I sense the magic before I could see it. The amount was crazy even for me. One lesson is for sure: don’t fuck with rainbows. But my mind was too jumbled up at the minute to make a funny remake. As the rainbow hits me I feel a slow chill work its way through my body.

“Just know this Celestia. Artorias the Abysswalker is coming for you.” Those were the last words I spoke to the solar monarch before the stone over took my mouth and then my face.

Next thing I knew I was thrown into a world of madness and dreams.