• Published 1st May 2015
  • 3,894 Views, 86 Comments

Tales of the Abysswalker - Sir_Elton_lunar



Pain is not something you can forget, nor can you forgive the ones who inflicted it. No, the ones who inflict it will pay by my sword

  • ...
15
 86
 3,894

Rage

Present time

I wanted nothing to do but to walk through that castle and throttle the solar monarch. The only keeping me back was the guards. Even though they were ill equipped their numbers still posed a problem. Still, my sword and Celestia were in this city. The sword itself in far underground. Probably at the foundations for the castle since their last castle was destroyed. The sword wasn’t just a sword either as you might have guessed. No this sword was alive but not in our sense of living. What I mean by alive is that it can think just like I do. It can reject my commands during a fight, and when out of conflict it tries to corrupt me with hollow promises. But it still is the most powerful weapon on this planet. Not only that but it is part of my soul, so I need to retrieve it before my battle with sunbutt.

“E-excuse me sir. W-would you b-be so k-kind as to p-point me in the right d-d-direction?” Being pulled away from my dark plan I turn to look down to the little griffin. The griffin had a black and grey coat. That was somewhat rare in griffin culture. It meant that the griffins born with that color scheme were to be great assassins, and since the griffins liked to face their enemies head on they became shunned. A noticeable trait other than his coat and wings were the crimson tips on the feathers on top of his head. I’m guessing it’s a he from his voice.

“And what exactly are you looking for?” I might not know this city up and down but I’ll help if I can. I also realize that he has taken a couple of steps back. Probably my voice. The poor griffin was scared to death. He probably never expected such a dark voice from me. Now that I can get a full picture of his body I can see he is malnourished. His ribs were somewhat visible and cast a light grey shade over his charcoal coat. He also had that look to him that he would do anything for food.

“I-I-I’m looking f-for d-d-doughnut Joes. W-would you h-happen to know where th-that is?” Unfortunately I do not know that establishment is at.

“No I do not know where that is. Would you like some help in finding it?” I decided to tone down on the abysswalker for a little bit and help him. He looks like he could use it.

“R-really?! You’ll help me?” Finally a sentence where he hasn’t stuttered. He sounded surprised at my offer to help. He looks around for a second before lighting up with a huge smile.

“Thank you sir. I would love it if you could help me. I’ve asked other people but some of them wouldn’t help me. Something about ‘not helping your sort of kind’. I had hoped that the capital of the most peace known country wouldn’t have that many racist. I was proved very wrong.” Back home I was a protester for all sorts of movements that had to do with human rights, so racists people really get under my skin. Now I’m extra glad I decided to help him out.

“You’re welcome. Now, do have any idea where to go because I have no clue…… Wait…” I look across the street to find none other than princess sunbutt entering the doughnut parlor. Just at the sight of her my rage boils causing the abyss magic to start seeping off my armour.With new mission objectives I move our conversation along.

“I hate to break this short but for one there is the doughnut parlor, and second did you happen to see any caves when you flew here?” Confused at my question but then again I am a strange creature to him. He points to what I’m guessing is east since the sun was behind me.

“Yeah I saw a dark spot on the mountain half way down to the bottom. I’m guessing it’s a cave. Oh, I never got your name friend!” I didn’t pay attention to the friend part so I answered him as I walk towards the edge of the city in the direction that he pointed me in. Shame, I would have loved to stay and chat with him as I escort him to the restaurant, but duty calls.

“My name is Artorias and thank you for the information. If you would like I’ll be in Canterlot for awhile if you want to talk some more.” We were nearing the railing at the edge of the city.

“You’re very welcome and yes I would love to chat again. Where you be staying?” I put my left hand on the railing.

“I don’t know just yet. I’ll get back to you on that, but I suggest you head to the doughnut shop.” It’s to bad. If nothing was bothering me I would have just stood there and look out to the vast land between here and the dragon lands. With such lush green pastures who wouldn’t.

“Ok I’ll head there now. I hope you have a safe day Artorias. I hope to see you again soon.” I watch as he walks across the street. It saddens me how much he reminds me of Sif. Just the memory was enough to remind me of the pain, rage and grief. Deciding that I’ve had enough I pull myself over the railing falling a good hundred feet before hitting the ground.

Once again thanks to my stature for saving most of the shock from the fall. I did leave a little crater in the ground though. Noticing that what I landed on was a short little trail/cliff that lead further down the mountain. Following the trial I come across an opening in the cliff face. These ponies are just stupid or arrogant if they think that they can guard one of the most powerful weapons on this planet like this. I mean not even a single guard so far.

Walking through the cliff face I come across a feeling not unlike the one from a thousand years ago, but this one was slightly different. I think I just walked through a detection spell. Deciding not to test my luck I start to sprint further down the cave. Every once in awhile another feeling passes over me like water but they don't do anything else. I believe that any other being would have never have made this far. One good thing about the part of the abyss inside me is that it is an infinite void so all magic goes there instead of effecting me. That’s why I was surprised when sunbutt’s rainbows turned me to stone.

By now I probably set off like 20 alarms, but I could feel my sword is getting closer. I could also feel the mountain shaking like an earthquake. I guess sunbutt just realized who is setting off her spells. I guess I should run faster if I don’t want to meet the sun personally. That would really bad for complection.

I could feel my sword resonating with me even though it is still about a hundred yards away. Slowing down I come across a set of heavy iron doors with a lot of chains around it. Well now I know what sunbutt does in her spare time. Since being in close proximity with my sword I could feel most of my strength returning to me. It felt good to be able to break a set of iron doors off their hinges. Nothing like taking your anger out on a set of thick inanimate objects. Celestia takes it out on hers a lot.

Past the doors I can see my sword hanging in the air by multiple chains all with magic seals on them. What is it with sunbutt and chains. Sprinting the rest of the way I launch myself into the air reaching for the sword only for it to be closed in a golden aura. I grab a chain to stop my advance while I turn my head to see none other than sunbutt and moonbutt at the entrance with shock, rage and just a little bit of fear.

“What are you doing here creature?” My rage may be a vast sea of hate but even I can’t resist a good joke.

“Oh you know hanging around, and I have a name you know.” I shift myself to hang upside down while facing them.

“Creatures don’t have names. Now get down here so you may continue your imprisonment.” I think not. I flip back up as I grab two chains each in one hand and pull. The groaning of the metal let’s me know that even though the chains are coated in magic they are still vulnerable to physical pressure. with one final pull I detach both chains from the wall resulting in them falling with me, but also weakening the seal on my blade. Having an idea of what I plan to do sunbutt tries to fire a few magic bolts at me. Even though I can absorb infinite amounts of magic it still hurt for the magic to go through my body, so I dodge the bolts. I launch myself up to the next two chains and pull. Since the first chains the others magic was starting to diminish. How do I know this? Well for one I could pull the second pair out of the wall far easier than the first.

“Stop creature! Me and my sister are trying to help you.” I pause at the third pair with only one more pair left.

“Are you serious? You sister over there wants to imprison me just for being who I am and killed my only resemblance of family I had in this world. I only wanted to be left alone with Sif, but oh no, you and your sister decided to act upon nothing against me. The real reason sunbutt wants to kill me is because she fears me. She fears the unknown. That is a very dangerous fear, for you could push away a good friend because you never knew anything about them.” I could see pain in moonbutt’s eyes as if remembering a sad memory, but I don’t care. She sat and did nothing while Celestia murdered Sif. Even though I don’t want to kill her I’m still going to teach a lesson. With the third chain gone I move to the last pair when Celestia finally decides to stop attacking and speak.

“You will come down this instant creature!”

“If that’s what you want.” I sigh as I pull the last chains out. This time I fall with the chains landing a few feet away from my sword. Calmly as I could I walk over to my sword. Celestia charged trying to catch me off guard. What she doesn’t understand is that since I’m next to my sword almost all of my strength and speed have returned to me, so dodging her attack and throwing her right back at her sister was child’s play. Watching as Luna grabs Celestia I walk up to my grounded sword and without breaking eye contact I dramatically pull my sword out of the ground. I feel the rest of my strength restore itself like a battery. It felt like a piece of me just found its way back into the puzzle which is my soul.

“Foul creature you will not leave here alive. I will end you once and for all.” With my sword I can now channel magic with more precision than before. I point the tip towards Celestia channeling a little bit of magic into the tip.

“Celestia as much as I would love for you to be blood soaked at my feet begging for mercy I am not a creature. I will however take you life quickly and painlessly. That I can promise you, for I have magics that you can only dream of.” Deciding I had enough I point the tip back towards the ground between my feet.

“But I am in no state to fight you, so I will leave you with this warning. Discord has taught me chaos magic similar to my own. I have mastered all pyromancies and miracles. I have come to learn earth magic from an earth pony I befriended the first year of my arrival. I have knowledge of water magic but I have not mastered it. I also have one magic that will be your downfall….. Abyss magic. I hope you survive long enough to see me use it, for you have made a lot of enemies sunbutt in the past thousand years.” A blast coats my body since Celestia thought it would be a good idea to throw a fireball at me.

What part of mastering pyromancy did you not get. Coming to a conclusion I decide that Celestia is driven by fear against me and that has caused her to become racist. She may claim the everything in Equestria is at harmony but even in this cave I can tell just by one of the country’s leaders.

“I must bid you farewell, but that would be too nice. So I’m going to leave you with the knowledge that I will come for you but you will never know when or where.” Channeling more abyss magic into my sword I open a portal into the abyss while opening a portal somewhere else on the mortal plane. What I just used was the abyss magic’s version of teleporting.

Looking around I find myself in a clearing surrounded by rocks…… volcanic rocks.

Damn I’m in the dragon lands.