• Published 1st May 2015
  • 3,689 Views, 72 Comments

Twin Chaos - Moon Glow



Human twins Ebony and Ivory discover that they possess more than the same kind of magic with a certain draconequus.

  • ...
5
 72
 3,689

Chapter 4: The Witch and the Draconequus

Author's Note:

I am back.

As promised, the twins origins are explained in this chapter. However, it is summarized via Olivine's POV. If you want the details, I'd have to make a new fic. If you want me to make a prologue fic, please let me know.

I do not own MLP. I own the Wolfe family.

Chapter 4

The Witch and the Draconequus


Ebony groaned as she started to stir for the second time. Rubbing her head, she started to sit up.

"Please let what Mom said be nothing more than a dream. Please let me be home, in my bed, with Ivory snoring in hers."

But as she opened her eyes, she found to her dismay that she was still in the castle where she and her sister spent the night. She looked down and found that she was on a magenta fainting couch outside the library. As her vision cleared, she found the white unicorn from earlier approached her with a cup of what appeared to be tea.

"Thank goodness you're awake. Not that I blame you for fainting in the first place."

She then, with her magic, handed Ebony the cup.

"Chamomile with honey and lemon. This should help you with your already frayed nerves, darling."

Without hesitation, Ebony took the cup in her raven claws and carefully sipped the tea. After a few sips, she noticed how empty the room was.

"Where is everyone?"

The unicorn answered her as she prepared another cup of tea.

"Well, everypony's still in the library. Your sister's still frozen in shock, so I'll bring her a cup."

Shaking her mind back into the real world, Ebony held up one of her claws before the unicorn could leave the room.

"Wait a minute!"

Turning her attention to Ebony, the unicorn raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Yes?"

Among the things the young Draconequus could say, she ended up speaking the first thing that came from her mind.

"Don't give Ivory the tea. She's allergic to bees and honey is made by bees. Give her that tea and she'll break out in a rash. Not to mention her throat will swell like a balloon."

The unicorn's eyes widen in surprise. She didn't know Draconequui were capable of developing allergies. After hearing Ebony's warning, the unicorn set the cup she had aside and spoke as she prepared a new cup.

"Goodness! I'm terribly sorry. Thank you for telling me that."

As she neared finishing the new cup of tea, the unicorn's mind conceived a question.

"If I may ask, do you have any allergies, Miss…"

Realizing they still hadn't properly to introduce each other, Ebony spoke after she sipped her tea.

"My name's Ebony. And as for allergies, I'm allergic only to wool."

The unicorn gave an approving look as she spoke.

"I completely understand, darling. Thankfully, I can make non-wool clothing should the need arise. As for my name, it's Rarity."

Ebony nodded simply as she finished her tea.

Once she set the teacup on a nearby rock, the Draconequus stood up. Looking back down to the couch, she returned her attention to Rarity.

"Where did this couch come from? I don't remember it being here before."

A faint blush of embarrassment appeared on Rarity's cheeks as she waved a hoof at the teenager.

"Oh, well, I brought it. Just in case."

Shaking her own head, Rarity levitated the new cup of tea and headed to the library, with Ebony behind her.

When they reached the library, they were greeted by Fluttershy. She took notice of the Draconequus teen and fluttered up to her eye level.

"Oh! Thank goodness you're awake. We were worried about you. Your mother said she would speak more when you've woken up."

Ebony raised a dark eyebrow. What else did her mother want to talk about? With a nod, Ebony returned to the alcove were her sister and their…father were. Ivory was still frozen in place but was showing signs of awareness again.

Discord, while his mouth was back in its original location, was still recovering from the shock that he was a father. Of twin daughters, no less.

Ebony returned to her sister's side, grabbing her by the lion's arm and gently shook her.

"Ivory. Wake up."

The shaking was enough to bring Ivory back around as Rarity handed her the honey-less tea she prepared. Once Ivory began to drink, Ebony shifted her attention to their mother, whose visage was still in the mirror.

"Sorry about that, Mom. But are you serious?"

She then gestured to the older Draconequus as he was being brought back by his daughter's voice.

"Is he really our father?"

Olivine nodded, calmer than what the twins could expect.

"He is, Ebony. There's no doubt whatsoever."

It was then that Twilight, who was more curious than ever, spoke up as she entered the alcove.

"How did this happen, Miss Olivine?"

She then looked to the twins.

"How old are you two?"

Knowing that it was still going to be a bit before Ivory was back up and running, Ebony answered for them.

"We're fifteen."

Twilight gave a grateful nod to the elder sister.

"Thank you."

The alicorn then returned her gaze to the mother of the twins.

"How is their creation even possible? Discord was trapped in stone until a few months ago."

This caught the twins' ears as they both turned to the alicorn in shock.

"Stone?! What do you mean 'stone?!'"

They exclaimed simultaneously, struggling to figure out what was up. Hearing his daughters' exclamations, Discord's brain went back to work as he turned to the witch.

"Now that I think about it, how did this happen?"

Olivine answered him as the rest of the ponies as well as her daughters turned their gazes to her.

"It was through your magic, Discord, that the twins were born."

Seeing that everypony in the room was confused, Olivine sighed.

"To best explain this, I think it would be best to speak of our meeting and courtship."

Hearing this, Ivory spoke for the first time, a grimace forming on her face.

"Do Ebony and I have to go to another room, Mom?"

A stifled laugh escaped from Olivine's lips as she addressed her youngest daughter.

"That won't be necessary, dear. It's not like that."

As the group gathered, Olivine began to tell the tale.

"It all started fifteen years ago, when I was in college…"


15 years ago...

Olivine's POV

I was at my grandparents' place for my summer holiday from college. My parents were out of town, so I went to my grandparents for any new spells I could study. This was before I found my calling as a healer and I was broadening my horizons.

One day, I came across a rare plant while walking in the forest nearby. It was looked like a lily, but it was silver in color. Having seen the lily before, I dug it up and took it home. Upon reading one of the more..."forbidden" spell books, I found that this lily, when mixed in the right ingredients at the right time, would create a gel-like substance that, when applied to a smooth surface, like a mirror, could create a portal to another world.

Without thinking, I gathered the rest of the ingredients and created the potion. But I had to wait a whole day, when the moon was full, before I could use it. When the night came, I secretly applied the gel onto the full-length mirror in my mother's room. I recited the incantation, choosing a random world from the book, and before I knew it, I had created a portal to another world.

Equestria.

When I went through the mirror, I found myself at the back of a cliff-side palace. Looking at it, I felt as if I was in some sort of fairy tale. Not wanting to cause trouble, I made sure no one saw me. Though it wasn't long before I discovered that the residents of this world were ponies with human-like abilities, such as speech and cognition. I weaved my way around the castle until I reached the palace's garden.

Wishing to rest from evading the guards, I looked for a place to rest. I soon found myself drawn to an unusual-looking statue at one end of the garden. I settled beneath the stature and fell asleep. Or so I thought.

The next thing I knew, I was dreaming of floating amongst pink clouds that tasted like cotton candy that rained chocolate milk. It seemed so real that I couldn't help trying it, only to be caught by surprise that it was indeed real. It was when I heard a laugh that I started to understand what happened. But I was given an explanation when an unusual creature, which I learned later was called a Draconequus, that by touching the statue in the garden, my consciousness was taken prisoner by this being's chaotic magic.

For a time, I sought escape. Days passed and I was still a prisoner, suffering as the creature kept pulling prank after prank on me. Eventually, I had enough and confronted him angrily. He was threatening, yes. But as our discussion went on, I realized that my captor was very childish and I found him even more irritating.

We clashed swords every now and again, each argument ending in frustration. But as time passed, we noticed small signs that there was something more to the other than petty arguments. So after weeks of arguing, we called a truce in the form of a game. We would ask each other one question and if the other failed to answer, we would play a penalty game. For me, it was to be at the mercy of his chaotic magic. For him, it was to be at my magic's mercy.

Each game, we got to learn more about each other and found each other's likes, dislikes, and hobbies. Shortly, we've grown to enjoy the other's company if not tolerate it. That's how our friendship started. In our mental prison, we found ways to keep ourselves entertained. Magic tricks and such to summarize.

It took some more time, but we've agreed to divulge into each other's pasts. To make a long story short, once he was finished with his story, I was more sympathetic to him than I had ever been to anyone in the past when it came to loneliness.

This sympathy would give way to a new emotion neither of us had experienced before: admiration. And in time, that admiration blossomed into something more powerful: Love. I had fallen in love with a Draconequus, and he a human. We did not care about others opinions, mostly because there was no one else in our prison, and we freely expressed our love for each other. We went as far as discussing a future together once we've escaped.

But that came crashing down one day when I felt a strong force pull me out of the prison. We've tried to remain together, but the force was too strong. In a desperate act, he used his chaotic magic to try and get me to stay. But it snapped as the force pulled me out for good.

When I came to, I found that it hadn't even been a day in the real world. I tried to get back to my beloved, but he was sealed away from me. In fear of what the ruler would do if she found out I was to free him. So I was forced to return to my world, making sure I kept the spell with me. But my life had permanently turned upside-down.

The first obstacle was finding a way to free him. I had decided that if I were to free him, I had to reside in Equestria and learn what magic had imprisoned him in the first place.

The second obstacle was the Star Lily. Upon discovering what it was, I learned that the lily rarely blooms and there were special conditions for it to do so. Such as blooming on the night of a full moon.

The third obstacle, however, I never saw coming. It was two months when I started to experience strange symptoms. Nausea, sore ankles, fatigue, and strange cravings were the norm. Still, I sought out a doctor and he found out what was wrong with me.

I was pregnant.

During the pregnancy, I sought out a reason as to why I was pregnant in the first place. It wasn't until I gave birth to my twin daughters that I found my answer. They were born with white and black hair as well as red eyes. The same red as that of my beloved Draconequus.

I came up with a hypothesis. When he tried to keep me from leaving, perhaps his magic had a side effect that not even he knew of. Given my history, it was odd that I was pregnant until it was pointed out that I was carrying twins for two months.

The same month I had met and left my beloved.


Present, Third POV…

"For fifteen years, I've worked on my original plan to return while raising my daughters. Things would've gone to plan, had my daughters not broke into my study and used that same spell I used fifteen years ago."

The room and the adjoining library remained silent in surprise as the audience wrapped their minds around what Olivine had spoken. After a few moments of silence, Ivory broke the silence by speaking to her sister.

"Well. That was officially the weirdest version of 'The Talk' I had ever heard."

Ebony nodded at her sister's statement.

"I completely agree."

Shortly, life returned to the group as Twilight spoke in surprise and somewhat delight.

"So…your theory for your daughters' existence is a 'snapping rubber band' effect caused by Discord's magic. That they were conceived thanks to chaos-based magic."

Olivine nodded as she spoke.

"Yes. His magic was indeed involved with my daughters' origins and seeing their Draconequui appearance confirms my hypothesis."

Hearing the two discuss their conception was enough for Ebony to remove herself from her spot and intervene.

"As much as I'd love to continue to hear such an awkward topic, what are Ivory and I to do? We can't get back home no matter how many times Ivory recites the incantation."

Hearing this, Olivine sighed and spoke to her daughter.

"That's because you need the Star Lily paint. Without it, the incantation is nothing but a simple poem. Fortunately, the lily we have at home has more buds on the way."

"But…?" Ebony asked, feeling that there was more.

She was right.

"But it'll take at least a month or three for the buds to bloom. So the two of you are on your own there."

The twins groaned as they looked to each other. They were stranded with no place to go.

Well…not "no place."

"Guess we'll be staying here for a while. At least we'll have plenty of space." Ivory replied, trying to find a silver lining.

Hearing this, Fluttershy walked over to Discord, who was reeling from shock at the revelation of the twins' conception, and poked his side with her hoof.

"How about they stay in Ponyville? The Everfree Forest is a dangerous place for two young fillies to stay in, even if they are Draconequui and living in Celestia and Luna's old castle."

Applejack, after piecing everything together, also spoke up.

"And it'd probably be best if they'd stay with one of us. You've just found out yer a father, Discord. These are new waters that ya must tread carefully. Not to mention they themselves need to come to terms with what they've learned, too."

Discord turned his head from the two ponies to his daughters. Indeed, they were still struggling with this information. Even he had to agree that the three of them needed space to figure this all out. Still, he was curious about the twins and how much of 'him' were they?

One part of his mind was grinning at the idea of having heirs to his chaotic throne and of the chaos they could get into. But on the other hand, he knew nothing about being a father.

Sure, he could create things with a snap of his claw such as flying pigs. But these two Draconequui were his children. His spawn. His progenies. His offspring. True, his chaotic magic was involved. But they still carried his blood in their veins.

The newest question was…what now?

"Who…who would take care of them?" he asked.

That was another can of worms the ponies had to debate on. Hearing the conversation, Twilight turned to Olivine and the twins.

"Could you give us a moment? It won't take long?"

The family of three looked to each other for a second before nodding at the princess. With their consent, everypony left the alcove and moved to the throne room.

"So? Where are those two going to stay?" Twilight asked, raising an eyebrow.

Rainbow Dash folded her forelegs and spoke.

"Well, not me. I don't think those two can stay on clouds."

"And I don't have enough room in my boutique for either of them. And the only guest room I have is used by Sweetie Bell when she stays over." Rarity replied.

"Well, we've been using our guest rooms for storage space since the Apple Family Reunion. And I'm pretty sure there are better places for them than a barn." Applejack pointed out, her mind focused on her farm.

"And we don't have any more room at Sugarcube Corner for them, either. Not to mention I don't know what the Cakes would think in having another set of twins living under the same roof." Pinkie added, looking quite disappointed in not having the Wolfe Twins join the household.

Twilight then took the floor as Discord sat on one of the no longer-used golden throne.

"So that just leaves Fluttershy and Me."

She then placed a hoof on her chin as she pondered.

"I supposed they could stay with me. With the castle, I have more than enough room."

She then look to Fluttershy.

"What about your home?"

Fluttershy thought for a moment, going over the layout of her home.

"I do have one empty room that I have been meaning to clean out for a while. It's large enough for two beds their size."

She then turned her attention to Discord.

"What do you think, Discord?"

Discord blinked in surprise as he looked to his friend.

"Why are you asking me?"

Fluttershy responded by giving a firm, but pleading look as she answered his question.

"Because they are your daughters! I know you may not know a thing about raising foals, but perhaps meeting them has awakened your paternal instincts. The question is 'who do you trust with the care and welfare of your own daughters?' Twilight, or me?"

Discord was taken aback by Fluttershy's reasoning. As immature and at times irresponsible as he may be, he was now in charge of two lives that he created. Discord thought and thought. On one hand, Twilight had enough space for the twins to have their own rooms. On the other hand, Fluttershy's kindness could be beneficial for his daughters' emotional states. Not to mention he'd rather visit them with Fluttershy than with Twilight.

"I'd rather have them stay with Fluttershy. I'll even help with the cleaning and providing the beds."

With Discord's approval, the ponies now had a plan. Fluttershy quickly returned to the Wolfe Family and explained the twins' living conditions for the next month.

"I'll make sure your daughters are comfortable during their stay, Miss Olivine." Fluttershy reassured the mother.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Olivine spoke as her daughters watched nearby.

"Thank you. You are truly kind, Fluttershy. I think Discord made the right choice in this."

Fluttershy gave a faint blush as Olivine motioned her daughters to leave the alcove to speak with the Pegasus alone.

"I must ask one more favor of you. If you can, could you help my daughters and Discord bond? The girls have longed to meet their father ever since they could speak. But I am certain that Discord won't know what to do with his children. Therefore, I want them to bond until I get there at least. Will you help?"

Fluttershy smiled as she straightened her posture. She wanted Discord to bond with his daughters as well.

"You can count on us."